Start by marking “Falling for the Girl Next Door (Creative HeArts, #5; Sloane and Tru, #2)” as Want to Read:
Falling for the Girl Next Door (Creative HeArts, #5; Sloane and Tru, #2)

Falling for the Girl Next Door

(Creative HeArts #5)

Sloane Whitaker never expected to like living in Texas, but after a few months in the Lone Star State, she has to admit she likes the food, the school, and the boy next door. What she doesnt like is the fact that half her family is still back in New York. Convincing her dad to relocate to Texas requires making their upcoming visit as perfect as possible. The perfect ...more
Published November 14th 2016 by Entangled: Crush

To ask other readers questions about Falling for the Girl Next Door, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Falling for the Girl Next Door

Start your review of Falling for the Girl Next Door (Creative HeArts, #5; Sloane and Tru, #2)
(I received an advance copy of this book for free. Thanks to Entangled Publishing, LLC and NetGalley.)

This was a YA contemporary romance, featuring Sloan and Tru from Ten Things Sloane Hates About Tru.

Sloan and Tru were both okay characters, and Sloans opinion of Texas had changed a lot from the first book. I also thought that Tru was quite brave to admit what he did to Sloan.

The storyline in this was about Sloan having to find a fake boyfriend to try and impress her father at their Christmas
Suze Lavender
Nov 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Sloane grew up in New York and the unexpected has happened, she actually feels at home in her new hometown in Texas. She likes NextGen Academy and loves the projects she's doing there. She has found some great friends at school and the vegetarian food Austin has to offer is amazing. Another thing she loves about her new home is Tru. She's fallen for the boy next door. The only thing she doesn't like about her new start is the fact that she has to miss her father and brother. To reunite the ...more
Moriah
Jan 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
*This review will also appear on A Leisure Moment*

**I received an e-copy of this book in exchange for an honest review**

I love this series. The Creative HeArts series is a must-read for any lovers of romance or lovers of art. After starting this series, I wantno, need to go to Austin, Texas. Anyway, the sad truth is that Tru Dorsey and Sloane Whittaker wouldnt be there.

Tru Dorseywhat a guy. At the close of book one in their story, Tru had fallen victim to the bottle. He had to face his
Erica Chilson
I received a copy of this title to read and review for Wicked Reads

4 Stars.

Young adult age-range: 12+. Kissing. Addiction.

Not a standalone. This is book #2 of the Sloane & Tru trilogy (I believe these are trilogies), the first couple set within the Creative HeArts universe as #1 & #5 (this book) in the series. CH is a series of 4 couples interconnecting, each receiving a trilogy of books. The books must be read in order.

While I've enjoyed the Creative HeArts series as a whole, Sloane
Deniz
Nov 09, 2016 rated it liked it
I love this series. And I really enjoyed Sloane and Tru's first book.
But then when I started Falling for the Girl Next Door, Sloan was back to her old antics. And I wasn't a fan of her when she had that attitude in book one, I really couldn't stomach her in this book. It really overshadowed my entire experience of Falling for the Girl Next Door. Simply because it kinda didn't mesh with what I felt Sloan had worked through...
The plot was ok. Except that I feel that Sloan did act rather annoying
Katrina Marie
This review was originally posted on Bookish Things & More Review
It's no secret that I love the Creative HeArts series.  There's only one more book after this one, and I'm sad to see it come to an end.  But Tru and Sloane don't let us down.

I loved that both Tru and Sloane are dealing with their own problems. I just wish that they'd realize that fighting battles together is ALWAYS better than fighting them alone.

Sloane has a lot going on. She has someone blackmailing her about her web comic.
A Leisure Moment
description

This series is the perfect escape. Whether you start with Tru and Sloane, Willa and Finn, Mariely and Cabot, or Dahlia and Keeganwow, thats a lot of optionsyou can do no wrong.

Read the rest of the review!
Carrie
Nov 07, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Sloane Whitaker never expected that after she had to move from New York to Texas with her mother that she would find herself feeling at home in her new state. Texas grew on Sloane though, she loved her new school and she especially wanted to stay when she began a relationship with Tru Dorsey, the boy next door. The only problem, half of her family is still in New York and she really misses her brother and father.

Tru has also had his own problems mounting up which has led to him drinking way too
Vee
Jan 03, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The best part of the book is Finn. I think all the authors love him because he appears in all the books.
Cristina (My Tiny Obsessions)
Nov 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Read full review HERE

description

I KEEP LOVING THIS SERIES!

After reading Ten Things Sloane Hates About Tru, I was excited to keep reading their story, and this one most definitly did not disappoint. Actually, this book was deeper and heavier than the first one, and I really appreciated that.

Once again, I really enjoyed the writing, and I especially liked that Trus POV was deepened a little. In fact, this is a huge book in regards of Tru, given that it deals with him coming to terms with his addiction and
Shannon
Nov 14, 2016 rated it really liked it

I didn't realize how anxious I had been for the continuation of Tru and Sloane's story until this book landed on my Kindle! These characters really captured my heart in Ten Things Sloane Hates About Tru and I've been patiently waiting to find out what was going to happen with them, because we were kind of left hanging at the end of that book. I'm happy to say I was not disappointed!

In Falling for the Girl Next Girl we learn a lot more about Tru, and it's not all pretty. As we saw in the previous
Lee
Dec 13, 2016 rated it liked it
Going into the book I didn't know it was a continuation of a series. I should have know by the "creative hearts #whatever" in the title but that went over my head. I had read how Willa got her groove back so i was fairly familiar with the world. Despite me not reading the first book in Sloan and Tru's story I could still follow along and understand everything that happened. I did enjoy the book somewhat. It could be a little juvenile at times but for the most part was pretty good. Sloane could ...more
Bette Hansen
Nov 13, 2016 rated it liked it
Mixed feelings on this one. The good points - it's well done with great writing. It wraps up Sloane and Tru's story and I love these characters. The story moves along nicely and deals with real issues. What I didn't care for - In my opinion there wasn't a lot to the story. At least not enough for a whole separate book. It simply wrapped things up that started in book 1. I didn't feel that Tru's issues and the help he sought out was realistic. It all seemed too simple when in reality it's a very ...more
Cathy
Nov 09, 2016 rated it liked it

We are back with Tru and Sloane who started the series off. This school they go to really sounds amazing and fun, but this isnt about their school its about their personal lives. There really is no drama about the characters surrounding
Hannah Nemeth
May 23, 2017 rated it liked it
I really enjoy the Creative heArts series, and this just added to the first one that I read about Sloane and Tru. It was a quick fun read, but there was some seriousness to it. It was enjoyable and added more content to the story and to the couple as a whole. In the beginning with Tru and Sloane who started the series off. This school they go to really sounds amazing and fun, but this isnt about their school its about their personal lives. There really is no drama about the characters ...more
Nayab
Dec 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Yes, yes, yes, yes, this is what Im talking about! This book proves the the first book is always better theory wrong. Falling For the Girl Next Door more than made up for whatever was lacking in 10 Things Sloane Hates About Tru. It was full of the feel-good factor and just overall cuteness and I loved every single second of it.

If I thought Sloane and Tru were swoon-worthy in the first book then I have no phrase or words for just how absolutely heart-meltingly sweet they are in this book (oh
Keanna (KeyReadThat)
I love the Creative HeArts series and was excited to read more about Sloane and Tru even though I didn't read 10 Things Sloane Hates About Tru. I wish I had read that book so that I could see how they got their start.

Sloane is finally adjusting to Texas actually surprising herself by wanting to stay here Texas. She has a lot of things going on which includes someone blackmailing her about her web comic and trying to get her brother and dad to move to Texas with her and her mom so they can be
K.M. Robinson
Nov 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Finally, the follow up. At last, more Tru and Sloane.

I absolutely love that we got to see more of Sloanes little brother Dylan in this book and Im dying to see what happens in the next Sloane and Tru book in the series.

Im really glad that this book addressed Trus drinking problem and we get to see him working through it, and that both Sloane and Tru try to do what is best to help him.

I totally called the Blackmailer thing and love the way it played out in the story.

The family drama within both
Trisha
I didn't read the first book about Sloan and Tru, and felt that I had missed some important back story information. But it didn't stop me from becoming involved in this pair's entanglements. It was great to be able to watch them find strength deep inside them, and be able to work through issues, both individually and as a couple.

I liked that Tru was honest about his problem and tried to fix it. Those first tentative steps alone were harsh, but necessary. While dealing with his drinking issue was
Melissa (YA Book Shelf)
Dec 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed Sloane and Tru's newest adventure at Austin NextGen Academy. Like their first book together, they are both dealing with some difficult situations with their families and for Tru, the way he deals with them. However, as the story twists and turns along the way from the last weeks of school before the Christmas vacation and Christmas Day, I liked seeing how they dealt with these issues and grew into more mature young people.

It was particularly great to see Sloane interact with her little
Antonella
Mar 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
I remember way i loved sloane and tru...they are great together...story continues where was left off.. and some things are resolved. You will have to read first book about these two to understand them better. Sloan is great and smart I enjoyed it. Hope that there is more.
Cody Nicole
Dec 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For similar reviews, please visit: https://childishlypassionate.wordpres...

You guys know how the story goes by now I get a book published by the Entangled Crush team and I gush, because the books are just so freaking cute! Well, Falling for the Girl Next Door is living up to its predecessors and I really cant function with this cute, romantic overload. I was not prepared to feel so warm and mushy tonight, so thank you Tera Lynn Childs!

Hands down, this is some of the best work Ive ever seen from
books are love
Jan 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
OVerall liked. Liked the storyline. Like the writing and the characters. Loved Tru..

Tru wasnt perfect. He didnt claim to be either. He did what he thought was best and at the end he was amazeballs. I loved how he decided on his own to get help so he can become a better person. And although this wasnt a popular decision making it about him and letting Sloane know he needed this time was very brave. He did what so many people are told to when beginning their recovery-stand alone to make sure that
Becky
Dec 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-na, contemporary, arc
Tru and Sloane are back!

I really enjoyed their second installment, even though I couldn't get behind one (okay, two) of the big decisions they made in the book. They saw the error of their ways eventually, and really, who hasn't made dumb decisions while in their teens and beyond? Far be it from me to be pointing fingers!

FFTGND starts out with Sloane and Tru in a happy place--Sloane's actually liking Austin now (though she's counting the days until she's back in NYC for Christmas), and she and
Siobhan Davis
An entertaining read with well-developed characters, a wonderful creative setting, some real-life problems, and a sweet romance I could totally get behind.

I haven't read any of the other books in this series (including the first book which tells how Sloane and Tru got together) but it didn't matter as this can be read as a standalone.

I love that both mains were creative people - Sloane is the mystery talent behind Graphic Grrl, a very successful online animated superhero strip, and Tru is a
Eva
falling for the girl next door is the second book in sloane and tru's story. when i picked this book up i wasn't really aware of that fact. it's also the fifth book in the creative hearts series, which just feels a bit confusing. like maybe the author is trying to build up a high school series like the sweet valley high books? maybe teens are on the look out for things like that?

while i hadn't read the first book, it didn't really matter because the first couple of chapters recap a lot of the
Samantha (WLABB)
Nov 16, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, ya
Sloan and her mother moved to Austin after "the incident" and she fell for the bad boy next door. This book picks up with Tru and Sloan enjoying their relationship and Sloan settling into her Austin life. Just as things are looking up problems arise in her love life, family life, and personal life.

Disclaimer: I did not read the first book in this series. With that said, I do not think it is necessary to read the first book, as this book reads like a stand alone. I really liked the way the
Chrsitina Somerville
I received this book via NetGallery in exchange for my honest review.

This book continues on from book 1, but this book deals with a bit more serious issues. I would recommend reading the first book before this one to be able to follow the whole story.

I really liked Tru is this book, he was so much stronger. Realizing on his own that he had a problem and that it needed to be fixed. He wasn't afraid to admit it and get help. Sloane had been through a lot in book 1 and in this book I felt she
Deanna
Dec 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
*E-ARC provided by Publisher*

I quite enjoyed Falling for the Girl Next Door by Tera Lynn Childs. Its a fast-paced, entertaining, and really well-written YA contemporary romance. It was cute and sweet, but it also had a little bit of angst and drama, too, which made for a great well-rounded read for me.

In this story, Tru is still coming to terms with living in Texas and not New York while also struggling to deal with her complicated and changing relationship with Tru. Its not easy being Sloane
Edit~A
Nov 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
(Source: I received an ARC of this book for free. Thanks to NetGalley, Entangled Publishing, LLC, Entangled: Crush and Tera Lynn Childs.)

Home isnt a place or a house or even a familiar city. Home is wherever Tru lives.

I just can't help but love the Creative HeArts series, maybe the fact that I am an artist myself affects it, but still I love it.

At first, I should admit that I was scared that there is going to be a love triangle, which luckily didn't happen, but when I saw that the third boy was

• Finding Perfect (Finding Perfect #1)
  • Anya and the Shy Guy (Backstage Pass #4)
  • Abby and the Cute One (Backstage Pass, #5)
  • Daisy and the Front Man (Backstage Pass, #3)
  • Mia and the Bad Boy (Backstage Pass #2)
  • Breaking the Rules of Revenge
  • There's Something About Nik
  • The Girlfriend Request
  • Supernatural Academy: Year Two (Supernatural Academy, #2)
  • The Bad Boy Bargain (Suttonville Sentinels, #1)
  • Artificial Sweethearts (North Pole, Minnesota #2)
  • The Dating Debate (Dating Dilemma, #1)
  • Offsetting Penalties
  • Love and Other Secrets (The First Kiss Hypothesis #2)
  • The Rules of Persuasion (The Rules of Persuasion, #1)
  • Any Boy But You (North Pole, Minnesota, #1)
  • The Perfectly Imperfect Match  (Suttonville Sentinels, #3)
  • Playing Her Secret Crush
Tera Lynn Childs is the award-winning YA author of the mythology-based Oh. My. Gods. series, the Forgive My Fins mermaid romance series, the kick-butt monster-hunting Sweet Venom trilogy, and the Darkly Fae series.

Her newest release is Myths and Mistletoe, a holiday story collection. She also wrote the City Chicks series and co-wrote the Hero Agenda and Creative HeArts series.

Creative HeArts (6 books)
  • Ten Things Sloane Hates About Tru (Creative HeArts, #1; Sloane and Tru #1)
  • How Willa Got Her Groove Back (Creative HeArts, #2; Willa and Finn, #1)
  • Crazy, Stupid, Fauxmance (Creative HeArts, #3; Mariely and Cabot #1)
  • The Secret Life of a Dream Girl (Creative HeArts, #4; Dahlia and Keegan, #1)
  • Weddings, Crushes, and Other Dramas (Creative HeArts, #6; Willa and Finn, #2)