Start by marking “The Grave at Storm's End (The Vengeance Trilogy, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Grave at Storm's End (The Vengeance Trilogy, #3)

The Grave at Storm's End

(The Vengeance Trilogy #3)

Vengeance has come.

Katashi Otako walks with the Vices, burning everything in his path. Now the spirit of Vengeance, he will stop at nothing to destroy Emperor Kin and take the Crimson Throne.

The empire is facing its greatest threat, and with Darius controlling Katashi from the shadows, Emperor Kin finds his every move pre-empted. Out of options, Kin and Hana must marry in
Published November 17th 2016 by Cloudburst Books

To ask other readers questions about The Grave at Storm's End, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Grave at Storm's End

Start your review of The Grave at Storm's End (The Vengeance Trilogy, #3)
Petrik
4.5/5 stars

The storm of vengeance ends here and the graves have been filled. The result? An emotional and satisfying conclusion that fits the tone of the series.

Let me first say that the statistics for this book are mind boggling. The book has been out for almost two years and there are only 15 ratings and 5 reviews on Goodreads; that’s ridiculous! Not only is this trilogy better than a lot of grimdark series out there, Madson has done everything right as a self-published author. Amazing cover
Iryna *Book and Sword*
Aug 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: grimdark fantasy fans
Shelves: adult-fantasy, ebooks
3.5/5 stars

I had to sit on this one for a while before I decided that I was ready to write a review. Partly because I'm a lazy potato, but mostly because I was bitter about this book's ending.

​Rating this was very hard as well, because I enjoyed this less than I did the first book in the trilogy (and I rated that one 4 stars), but I also could not deny how brilliantly everything was wrapped up, so I just had to round up. So you see why I had to sit on this and ponder.

​But let's go back to "I'
Jon Adams
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well, that was an amazing conclusion. All plot points were tied up in a nice, bloody bow.
Well done.
Sade
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was ok

🖤
I want you to know, i started this series intending to love the heck out of it.
BUT,

THE VENGEANCE TRILOGY FAILS TO LIVE UP TO THE HYPE.

I am a firm believer in the fact that fantasy books like this don't have lot of word count to dilly dally. This isn't Malazan, LoTR, Wheel of Time or Chronicles of The Black Company where you have the luxury of creating not only truly epic worlds from scratch but also the truly beautiful luxury of not coming right out and saying where the plot is going.
More often
Liviu
short review for the series here:

Matthew
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant, heartbreaking, and enthralling. If you like genre fiction this series is a MUST read. Get in.
Dino-Jess ✮ The Book Eating Dinosaur ✮
The final book is here!

I cannot wait to read this bad boy!
Miriam Michalak
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A satisfying and powerful conclusion to The Vengeance Trilogy - highly recommend this series!
Pierce
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I wish I knew how to properly rate this book. My five stars is without question, but I was left in sloppy tears when and where I never expected to be when I started this journey. Ms. Madson, cheers to you. It is my sincerest pleasure to anoint you as another "must read" author upon my ever growing list.
Pete Aldin
Dec 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: series
A thoroughly satisfying conclusion to a wonderful trilogy. Pacy, fraught with shifting alliances and dangerous meetings, action-packed...

It's rare for me to enjoy a trilogy all the way through but this one captured and kept my attention all the way.
gelowmichael
Once again, Madson is an underrated author and this series.

I read We Ride the Storm before diving into this trilogy which spoils me to what would I expect of the outcome of this trilogy.

Madson wittingly crafted every character and weaved them into a manipulative and grim end. I loved every character. Kin, Darius, Endymion, Kimiko, and especially Hana makes this whole story fantastic and a page-turner.

Though Hana's story is quite problematic because of her being a volatile lover, I get it to the
Ian
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Too much, too ambitious, Hana is awful

This book was rough I had a hard time getting through it to be honest. Hana became one of the least likable characters I've ever had the displeasure of reading constantly only seeing things her way, being a massive hypocrite and blaming everything on being a woman. Darius Kin and Kimiko some of the most interesting characters are completely relegated and often don't make sense based on their past actions. Endymions sections do a good job of showing him goin
Daniel
Mar 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars rounded up to 4. This book is the final installment in the Vengeance trilogy. About 70% of the book is gripping, but some parts were dragging. Some moments in the book are predictable and didn't deliver the emotional shock it was supposed to. Of the three major characters and their storylines, Hana became an annoying character, Endymion became a frustrating character, only Darius and Kimiko remain interesting characters. Overall this book is ok and I like the previous two books better.
laeaurra flamehawk-mitchell
Not light and fluffy

The writing is very good. It's a long running battle. A dramatic tragedy that by book 3 felt like a car crash in slow motion. The characters are well fleshed out. I had to see it to the end so I could see where the bodies would fall. I didn't have fun but the writing was good. I might try riding this ride again in a couple of years.
Stephen
Aug 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was another great read as expected. The story took turns I definitely wasn't anticipating and I enjoyed it the whole way through.
Ed
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There are 5 million fantasy books out there and mostly they are all, unfortunately, a horse manure…
But, once in a while, you can find a golden ring, or a small diamond…
Alexandru Ilie
Aug 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
a beautiful finish for a great series. The end was a little bit expected but not spoiled due to me having read We ride the Storm. a great insight for the next series and a beautiful story.
Bonnie Parker
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: re-read, haunting
I'm heartbroken like I've never been before. Happy, not so happy ending. I'm not happy about it and I wish it was a bit different. He deserved better. That's the only flaw of this book from my perspective. But other than that, I'm breathless, speechless and will be haunted for a good week or two by this storyline. MASTERPIECE.

While reading Book 1 I set my mind on one character, Darius, I wanted him to be that one character I would root for and cling to till the end. But in Book 2 there were so
Férial
Mark
Mar 07, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Add to series please 3 15 Jun 01, 2017 11:15PM

• Priest of Bones (War for the Rose Throne, #1)
  • Kings of Ash (Ash and Sand, #2)
  • Kings of Paradise (Ash and Sand, #1)
  • Never Die
  • Priest of Lies (War for the Rose Throne, #2)
  • Ravencry (Raven's Mark #2)
  • The Sword of Kaigen
  • Crowfall (Raven's Mark, #3)
  • Son of a Liche (The Dark Profit Saga, #2)
  • Cold Iron (Masters & Mages, #1)
  • The Ember Blade (The Darkwater Legacy #1)
  • The Bone Ships (The Tide Child, #1)
  • Crownbreaker (Spellslinger, #6)
  • Paternus: Rise of Gods (The Paternus Trilogy, #1)
  • Queenslayer (Spellslinger #5)
  • A Time of Courage (Of Blood and Bone, #3)
  • The Gutter Prayer (The Black Iron Legacy, #1)
  • Kings of Heaven (Ash and Sand, #3)
Devin Madson is an Aurealis Award-winning fantasy author from Australia. After some sucky teenage years, she gave up reality and is now a dual-wielding rogue who works through every tiny side-quest and always ends up too over-powered for the final boss. Anything but zen, Devin subsists on tea and chocolate and so much fried zucchini she ought to have turned into one by now. Her fantasy novels come ...more

The Vengeance Trilogy (3 books)
  • The Blood of Whisperers (The Vengeance Trilogy Book 1)
  • The Gods of Vice (The Vengeance Trilogy Book 2)