Start by marking “Walk of Shame” as Want to Read:
Walk of Shame

Walk of Shame

(Love Unexpectedly #4)

4.03  ·  Rating details ·  9,691 ratings  ·  1,218 reviews
Sparks fly between a misunderstood New York socialite and a cynical divorce lawyer in this lively standalone rom-com from the USA Today bestselling author of Blurred Lines and Love Story.

Pampered heiress Georgianna Watkins has a party-girl image to maintain, but all the shopping and clubbing is starting to feel a little bit hollow—and a whole lot lonely. Though Georgie wou
Published April 18th 2017 by Loveswept

·  9,691 ratings  ·  1,218 reviews

Start your review of Walk of Shame
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
5 STARS
Despite the high temps of that swampy July morning, the encounter had been the start of an epic cold war. Me, the socialite in apartment 86A against the uptight esquire in apartment 79B. I’m not entirely sure I’m winning the war, but I’ll never tell him...

Where has this book been all my life?!! Where?!! I don't have the words to describe all the love I had for this story! It was addictingly delicious and wickedly funny! Walk Of Shame is a book that will leave you with a full h
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****4.5 STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

I feel the breath knocked out of me, because there’s no more denying it, no more denying my heart. This is it for me. This is what I want, not just for as long as I can have it, but for always.

photo WalkOfShame_Square3_zpsx0qidqes.png

Now, this is the kind of story that I have come to expect from the talented Lauren Layne. It’s why I will always read anything she writes. I will never grow tired of reading her books! She has a knack for the enemies-to-lovers RomComs and WALK OF SH
Bibi
Jun 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
description
Georgie and Andy, sitting on a tree......! Swoon, I loved it.
A.
3.5 Stars

Loved it! Better than expected.

Reading enemies-to-lovers romantic comedies is always a huge risk for me – 'funny' heroines tend to be annoying as hell. And this one features a socialite.

Let’s be honest, shall we? What’s the first thing that crosses your mind when you think of a socialite?

(view spoiler)

Exactly. Luckily, the heroine is nothing like that. Well, she does spend her days partying, hanging around, splurging on beauty treatments and doing other important
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

➦Ok, I totally gave in and read this. One simply needs to know what all the hype is about. So today, while, washing the beast, I was happily indulging in an audiobook of this story.

➦And by "washing the beast" (there's really no innuendo here, people) I mean I was giving my 70 lb dog a bath. And even though that gif up top sure does look cozy it's nowhere near as relaxing. So anywhoooo, followed by a couple of hours of grooming and BAM - I've finished this book! So I hereby certify it to be perfe
Katerina
Apr 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Heart vs Brain, Episode 4

Narrator: Brain was suspiciously quiet upon finishing Walk of Shame. Heart knew she'd probably regret it, but with steely determination and the help of liquid courage, she asked the dreadful question.

Heart:
description
Brain: Go away Heart, I need to put my cells in order.
Heart: Come on, tell me what's going on! You know I can be very persistent.
Brain: *sighs* That is sadly true. In fact, perhaps you'll be useful for a change.
Heart: Hey, I'm always useful! If it weren't for me
KAS
Apr 18, 2017 rated it really liked it

YEPPERS!!. This was an entertaining read. I devoured in one sitting, unable to put it down. It checked many of my favorite boxes: A frenemies romance. Characters who held my interest from page one. Witty and bantering conversation. Lighthearted and humorous.

I thoroughly enjoyed how this "opposites attract" romance played out.

Georgie Watkins has a chatty, upbeat, stay out all night with friends persona which collides with the uptight, logical, always on a rigid schedule temperament of Andrew Mu
Wendy'sThoughts
Oct 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Lauren Layne Fans, Romance
4 Love Unexpected Stars
* * * * Spoiler Free-RUN DON'T WALK, $1.99!!!
The Love Institute brings to you today's Seminar:
Today we have the pleasure of observing an interesting coupling brought to you by the renowned author Lauren Layne. We have had many guests presenting their finding on the human condition know as Love...all of them revealing in their own way. Today's presentation is focused on two subjects who at first glance would have nothing in common. It is only after a more detailed look are
Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog
5 stars!

Review at Of Pens and Pages.

You know it’s a 5-star read when you find yourself smiling stupidly after finishing the book. But when you find yourself singing and dancing like you’re in your own Disney musical number? That's a favorite. This was my first Lauren Layne book, and you can bet your a** I’m going on a binge read this weekend! This opposites attract, slow burn rom-com had me hooked from start to finish!

Despite the high temps of that swampy July morning, the encounter had be
EmBibliophile
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars
Re-read #2 (5/2/2020) This is such a ridiculous book, but it’s my favorite kind of ridiculous. It’s so funny and entertaining. I love those two idiots so much. Their morning encounters are still the Highlight of the book! This book made me swoon so much and feel like an idiot with a permanent huge smile on my face. It feels like those sweet old movies that fill your heart with joy. This book was totally absolutely perfectly ridiculous and cute!!!

5 ‘perfectly ridiculous’ stars

Despite the high tem
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
5 'That’s How You Know' Stars!

My dear Lauren Layne, you magnificent woman, you've written another masterpiece! Actually, this book left me without words after finishing it that I did not write the review until now. I just re-read my favorite moments (basically the whole book lol) and I fell in love all over again with this outstanding enemies to lovers story!

Walk of Shame is the fourth installment in the Love Unexpectedly series but it can be read as a standalone. In fact, I haven't read the oth
Jen
5 Sweet and Sassy Stars

Let me start by saying I finished this book over two hours ago and I'm still grinning. You know those deranged looking people you see with the too big smiles and you're not quite sure if they're happy or bat shit crazy? That's me and I'm owning it, dammit!

Georgianna "Georgie" Watkins loves her life. Considered a rich party girl by most standards, Georgie does pretty much whatever she wants, whenever she wants. She's living the life of a fairytale princess with zero complai
Alp
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.75/5

What a lovely, lovely, lovely read!

Walk of Shame is one of those books that make you forget the world around you while you’re reading and leave you sighing happily when you’re done.

It’s been quite a long time since I last read Lauren Layne’s book. I decided to pick this one up because the premise sounded very promising, and it didn’t disappoint! I enjoyed it so much. The story grabbed me right from the start and didn’t let go until the last page.

Walk of Shame was an entertaining read, full
Jilly
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, funny
Yes, I'm giving a rom-com, chick-lit, fluffy lite romance 5-stars! Shut up!

It was funny! You know what a sucker I am for any book that can make me laugh.
It also had the enemies to lovers trope - another thing I'm a sucker for.
It hit my weaknesses.

Some things are just irresistible.

So, our girl, Georgie, is hilarious. She reminds me of Elle Woods in the first Legally Blonde. Very shallow but entertainingly so. She is a party girl. She wears diamond cupcake earrings and likes sparkly things. Her f
Karla
Sep 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Re Read March 2020

4.5 perfectly ridiculous stars!

"Walk Of Shane" Was such a pleasant read for me it was flirty, sexy and with just the right amount of funny moments I enjoy. It made this book just about perfect.

description

The MC were so different from each other Georgiana, a rich socialite that loves partying with her friends. Andrew is the opposite, a divorce lawyer for celebrities a health nut and total workaholic. They both live in the same building and everyday they run into each other in the lobby.

O
Geri Reads
Apr 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Perfect in every way. Just a total swoonfest. This book put me in HEA coma in the best way possible.

Full review to come...

ARC provided by the publisher
Shannon Moore
Apr 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Love, love, LOVE! My favourite Lauren Layne book to date! I feel the need to go watch Disney movies and find a Prince Charming.

Wow, I feel in love with these two so quickly. Quick wit, a sharp tongue and a shining personality describe resident party girl Georgie, while she clashes with prim and proper, too smart for his own good, divorce attorney Andrew.

There two were sweet and fiery, trading barbs and stealing moments. I've been having a bad string of 3 star reads and became invested in these
• Lisa •
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
FIVE DIVORCE ATTORNEY AND PRINCESS STARS.

"Forget it. You're ridiculous."

description

I love nothing more than a enemies to 'I can't stop thinking about you' story. The opposites attract theme was at it's very best in the hands of Lauren Layne and she certainly pulled out all the stops with these characters. I can't stop loving this authors work and I hope that I'll never have to. Once again, Layne made me melt in the best way possible and I have to admit that I'm quite happy with my gooey romance reader
JewelsyGoolsy
Apr 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars
A very enjoyable story that had me entertained and smiling. My only beef was the "conflict for conflict sake" conflict at the end, and the resolution ending that didn't light my fire like I had hoped.

Told in mainly the h's 1st person POV and some of the H's 3rd person POV thrown in. It was a different dynamic/format than I'm used to but I didn't mind it and it didn't distract from the story. In terms of HEA, there was a 1 year out epilogue at the end.
Dali
Happy Book Birthday!

Enchantingly sexy, flirty and fun to read. Lauren Layne delivers another romance to fall for, keeping us frantically flipping pages with the irresistible chemistry between a socialite who believes in fairytale endings and an uptight, pessimistic divorce lawyer who doesn’t believe in love. Walk of Shame has fabulous sexual tension, snarky sarcasm, and fun banter that will make you swoon, smile and laugh.

Although New York socialite Georgianna Watkins loves to shop by da
Nicola
Apr 14, 2017 rated it it was ok
2.5 stars.

Seems that I'm in the minority here, but my first experience with Lauren Lane sadly wasn't what I'd term a huge success.

"You’re probably rolling your eyes right now."

I struggled with this pretty much from the start, particularly when it came to Georgie who, whilst kindhearted and at times sweet, generally came across as privileged and shallow making her difficult to relate to. And, whilst Andrew was better, he was a bit of an uninspiring hero for much of the book despite the fact
Hulya Kara Yuksel
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved it. ❤❤❤

Claire Robinson
Apr 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 - "Perfectly ridiculous..." Stars!

Lauren Layne returns with the fourth book in her Love Unexpectedly series, as with the previous stories Georgie and Andrew’s enemies-to-lovers tale, is a standalone and you do not have to have read its predecessors.

This was one of those reads where I had to leave reality at the start of chapter one, as a New York socialite Georgie isn’t a character that I would generally have any sort of connection with, I am not fortunate enough to be able to spend my days
Jessi ♥️ H. Vojsk
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing

She wasn't blindly waiting for some fairy tale; she was just smart enough to believe she deserved it.

Story 🌟🌟🌟🌟
Once upon a time there was a bookworm that read “the hating game” by Sally Thorne 26263 times and desired a new fun book that made her happy.
And then she scrolled through Goodreads and found this book. And it was good.
So, so good.

Georgiana Watkins is an it-girl, party-girl and possibly the loveliest person on earth.
If you don’t like her, you’re probably crazy.
Unless your name i
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth

Review @ Vanilla & Spice Books

✬✬✬ 4.5 PERFECTLY RIDICULOUS STARS ✬✬✬

*Slow clap & grinning broadly*
That's what I'm talking about!

This is what I want to see from Lauren Layne, that tongue in cheek humor with a little angst on the side. Her stories have been a mixed experience for me but if this author gets it right, it's amazing.

Georgie is a socialite, she goes out, has fun, does fundraisers and charities and at the end of the day...err...night, at 5 AM in the morning she expects to see her stodgy
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘

3.5 stars. If you like banter, serious but secretly hot male-leads and fun heroines, then Walk of Shame is for you. Far from unforgettable and not quite as good as the Stilettos series in my opinion, but still very much a feel-good book.

Bonus points for containing one of my favorite tropes, the control-freak coming down with the flu. It's just so damn endearing to me, cause I'm weird like that.

"He shuffles into the kitchen and then freezes when he sees me.
Oh my heart. Rumpled, sleepy Andrew
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
5 Perfectly Ridiculous
 photo IMG_3518_zpsqh06jgmh.jpg

This book was a ray of ridiculously wonderful sunshine. It was funny, cute, sweet and just a book that make me laugh and mostly made me smile. It's an enemies to lovers story that was executed perfectly in my opinion.

A wealthy fun, beautiful socialite and a high powered, straight laced divorce attorney.....both know how to get under the other's skin and drive each other crazy. Georgiana "Georgie" was adorable and her life was all about her friends, partying and of cours
Emer (A Little Haze)
Jun 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of "The Hating Game"
Recommended to Emer (A Little Haze) by: Ayesha
“I smile wider and push the box in Andrew’s direction. “Doughnut?”
His lip curls. In case you haven’t already gotten a read on this guy, he’s the type that sneers at doughnut.
He lifts a boring black travel mug. “Already have my breakfast.”
“Blended-up quinoa sprinkled with a few bits of spinach and pretension?” I ask.
“Whey powder protein shake.”
“Sounds immensely satisfying.”
He takes a sip of the nastiness and watches me with cold brown eyes. “The body is a temple, Georgiana.”

A Manhattan party
Addie H
I am re-reading all my 5 star rated romance novels. There are 62 on my shelf (and counting). This is book 43.

(Tropes: Enemies to Lovers, Starched (hero) gets Unstarched, Sickbed Vigilance, Class/Culture Divide)

This is how my 43rd re-read held up.

description

This was my original review:

******
How had this woman gone from being the aggravating menace of his early mornings to the center of everything?
******

You know those books where you don’t really need the main leads to get together because watching them
Dilek VT
May 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Recommended to Dilek VT by: Gökçe
A very simple story that feels like a Harlequin romance…
3 out of 2,5

Don’t let the title (Walk of Shame) mislead you (don't expect a dirty-naughty book); this is a simple and fun fairy tale romance with some steam in it... nothing more, nothing less...

Georgianna Watkins is the daughter of a rich and famous family. She doesn’t have a job but she does some charity work every now and then. What she mostly does is shopping and clubbing. In her heart, she is all good, I mean she is not pretentious a

• You Deserve Each Other
  • Doctor Dearest
  • Hotshot Doc
  • The New Guy
  • The Worst Best Man
  • Truth or Dare (Dare to Love, #1)
  • The Foxe & the Hound
  • Outmatched
  • Practice Makes Perfect
  • Coldhearted Boss
  • His Royal Highness
  • Shortcake
  • Never Have I Ever (Always Satisfied #3)
  • Marriage for One
Lauren Layne does not have a Goodreads account. Information about Lauren Layne books on this website is not monitored/maintained, and may or may not be accurate.

Love Unexpectedly (5 books)
  • Blurred Lines