Start by marking “Startling” as Want to Read:

Three dares.
To be carried out in one night, on the same guy.
Lick him. Kiss him. Punch him.
I didn’t object.
After all, it was the last night before leaving for college, and I’d never see him again.
Or so I thought.
He was standing there, staring at me. I had no idea know who he was.
Paperback
Published January 2017

To ask other readers questions about Startling, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Startling

Chitra *CJ*
Jan 07, 2017 Chitra *CJ* rated it it was ok
I don't think I was the intended audience for this book.
Teenage/ college drama between Skye and Taj.
Skye, who's just finished high school and is about to join college loves to drink and party. At one such event she's asked to punch, lick and kiss a stranger.
Who later turns out to be Taj, her college jock.
I felt Skye was very confused between Henry, Matt and Taj. Too many things going on for me and I didn't connect much to it. The main lead had average chemistry.
1.5/5
Kathryn Dee - CLiK Book Blog
Jan 05, 2017 Kathryn Dee - CLiK Book Blog rated it really liked it
Startling By Arabella Rose

Reviewed this book for Clik Book Blog.

This was a great college romance, one that I thoroughly enjoyed.

Just enough spice to keep it interesting but well developed characters made it a pleasant read.

Friends to lovers stories are sometimes a little blasé but Arabella Rose creates plenty of spunk in her characters Skye and Taj, allowing them to more than keep me interested.

The premise of the three dares was fabulous, giving great scope for done fun antics amongst the su
Joy Novel Thoughts
Dec 30, 2016 Joy Novel Thoughts rated it it was amazing
This book was sweet and has spicy! Low on angst, and high on drama. I loved it! This is Arabella's first novel as her alter ego and she nailed it!

If you are looking for a lot of steamy scenes, you will not be finding it in this book. There is some steam, but not throughout! It had hand holding and cuddling and it so damn sweet!

I don't read many college romances, but when I do I crave the drama and this had DRAMA! Gah, I just crave it in these books. The catty girls, the crazy best friends, the
Konny
Dec 18, 2016 Konny rated it really liked it
Startling by Arabella Rose is a college romance.
Arabella Rose is new author to me and I really liked this book.

Blurb:
Three dares.
To be carried out in one night, on the same guy.
Lick him. Kiss him. Punch him.
I didn’t object.
Or so I thought.
He was standing there, staring at me. I had no idea know who he was.
Until I noticed those lips. I could never forget those lips. No matter how many nights had passed
Felicia Semmler
Dec 24, 2016 Felicia Semmler rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. Taj is the dark sexy brooding guy who doesn't say much even though the whole book but what he says has meaning.
Sky is cute and likeable - the cute nerdy girl that ends up with the king of campus all from 3 little dates.
I enjoyed the book and liked the story. I would like more.
Valeen Robertson
Jan 06, 2017 Valeen Robertson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Startling is well written, for the most part, and I like the 2 leads, Taj and Skye. I never completely connected with their story, though. I felt all the way through as if I were missing something. Perhaps it's because the story is not completely fleshed out, I can't pinpoint exactly why I didn't embrace it whole heartedly.

Skye is dared by her friends Lauren, Amy and Rani to lick, kiss, then punch a guy at their farewell to high school party. Her friends choose a random guy that she can't see c
Mary
Dec 17, 2016 Mary rated it really liked it
Fun, flirty, fabulous! I love Skye, her honesty, down to earth, awkwardness is perfect. The fact that she will think things yet her mouth actually says them when she doesn't mean to is laugh out loud beauty. We've all done it. The last hurrah in high school finds her facing her friends dare and she boldly does it - kissing a guy she's never met with the most amazing eyes. She gets to college and who does she cross paths with, Mr. Dare, big man on campus Taj. Taj is the guy every girl wants but h ...more
Paula Genereau
Dec 19, 2016 Paula Genereau rated it it was amazing
What a good book. I couldn't put this down. One night 3 dares with 3 different men. I was hooked just to see what men she chose and what dares she would do to each.
Kaylene Osborn
Jan 04, 2017 Kaylene Osborn rated it it was amazing
Startling is a college romance by new author Arabella Rose, and it's not one to be missed.

So three dares, lick him, kiss him, punch him. Skye attends a graduation party where she's issued the dares by her friends. She sets her sights on Taj (her dare) and carries out the three dares successfully. No problem, she is leaving for college, right? Wrong!

Later she meets Taj again at college, he's a broody boy with a strange attitude. Of course needless to say when Sky and Taj cross paths again lots of
Angie Mitchell
Jan 03, 2017 Angie Mitchell rated it really liked it
Startling

ARC recieved for an honest review
High school college romance
Insta connection but essentially friends to lovers.
Well written however still has some editting issues these are small so doesnt detract from the story.
Loved all the extra characterss along with the 2 leads it really made the book.
I was confused where the book would take the relationship with henry and how turner fit in at one stage i felt it was heading into menage i am glad it didnt for this story as i felt both leads were
Azusa
Jan 14, 2017 Azusa rated it it was amazing
4.5 star's
Kristy & Kayla - My Person's Books
Jan 15, 2017 Kristy & Kayla - My Person's Books rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
I have stumbled across a new gem, Arabella Rose! A new author who has released her first book, Starling. What a find, Arabella's new release will keep you gripped, a college romance with characters that will keep you wanting more.

The story line starts with Skye finishing up high school and transitioning to college, she is close with her parents and has a tight best friend, Lauren. One last party together before Skye leaves for college they've had a few drinks and Lauren gives Skye three Dares,
Barbara Lack
Jan 14, 2017 Barbara Lack rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A coming of age story told with thought and heart!

Startling is a book about an 18 year old girl who goes off to college. Her parents were 16 when they had her and her dad is a police detective. Having young parents and a dad whom has taught her how to fight to defend herself, Skye is very strong individual. She meets Taj who is very sexy and all the girls want him and all the guys want to be him. For the most part Skye and his brother are his only friends. Skye helps Taj through a devastating ti
Victoria
Jan 16, 2017 Victoria rated it really liked it
So I had originally planned to read this on 1-10-17...but for the life of me could not get into it. So I put it back in tbr and started something else. When I came back to it I forced myself through the first few chapters (maybe until ch.5) I did end up liking the story after all. Although a bit jumpy at parts and a little predictable I enjoyed reading it. I am still a bit lost on the title bit a good quick read especially if you love HEA endings and not a ton of drama or too many story lines.
Rhonda Ziglar
Jan 01, 2017 Rhonda Ziglar rated it it was amazing
Startling by Arabella Rose.....Wow, how three dares can change a four eyed nerdy girls life. This is a sweet fun college story that will having you flipping pages. Taj is the hot frat guy that all the girls want and Skye is the normal nerdy girl that catches Taj's attention with three dares. This story was fun to watch unfold between Taj and Skye. If you are looking for a quick fun read to let you escape a bad day this one is for you. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.
Mona williams
Jan 12, 2017 Mona williams rated it it was amazing
wow this book was amazing! its about a college girl who does a three thing dare lick kiss and punch a guy. she ends up meeting him later only to fall in love with him. he has some personal issues that he is dealing with but they work through them together! thanks for giving me a chance to read this book!
Radiant
Jan 08, 2017 Radiant rated it really liked it
I really liked reading this book...Taj was the brooding bad boy...and skye was the damsel in distress type girl.
Its a great read and i loved reading it.
I really would have loved reading more of this book,it was a short read..and i somehow felt like reading a Tijan book.
GREAT work!
Shelves: na
3,5 stars
Konica
Jan 15, 2017 Konica rated it really liked it
4.5 I really liked this book, but it was way too short and had a few mistakes. The guy on the cover! Wow!
Priscilla Tbl
Jan 20, 2017 Priscilla Tbl rated it really liked it
Love this book!Pick it up and read you'll never want to put it down. Bomb story line but not enough hot sex anyway still a good read for me.
Peaches
Peaches rated it it was ok
Jan 09, 2017
LuxNox95
LuxNox95 rated it it was amazing
Jan 05, 2017
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
Jan 17, 2017
Bianca
Bianca rated it really liked it
Jan 09, 2017
Olivia
Olivia rated it liked it
Jan 15, 2017
Anny
Anny rated it liked it
Jan 11, 2017
Sara
Sara rated it it was amazing
Jan 05, 2017
Milea Andreea
Milea Andreea rated it really liked it
Jan 07, 2017
Kyle Hakim
Kyle Hakim rated it liked it
Jan 15, 2017
Once upon a time I was a bestselling Author of dark romantic suspense. Now I've decided to play in another genre as my alter ego, Arabella Rose...
Arabella Rose is a writer of all things sweet, romance, with a touch of angst. Her books won't take you forever to read, so sit back and enjoy one sweet story at a time.
She loves all things makeup, dress's, and of course shoes.

You can find her on Instag
More about Arabella Rose...