Start by marking “Cowboy Car” as Want to Read:

Cowboy Car

A little car with a big dream…

Ever since Little Car was knee-high to his daddy’s hubcaps, he’s wanted to be a cowboy. Cowboys get to drive the range, wear big hats, and sleep under the stars. Everyone tells Little Car that cars can’t be cowboys, but he can’t stop dreaming of rounding up lil’ dogies by day and talking around the campfire at night. So Little Car packs his
Published April 11th 2017 by Two Lions

To ask other readers questions about Cowboy Car, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cowboy Car

Start your review of Cowboy Car
Susan Crowe
I won this book in a Goodreads giveaway.
This was a really cute book. i can't wait to read it to my grandson.
kate
Apr 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book!

Marissa my 7 year old granddaughter said to give it five stars because she loved it. That about says it all. If I may make one suggestion I think the print should have been a little larger. Highly recommend.
Michele Knott
Good theme - believe in yourself. Find what you can do.
This will be a fun read aloud!
Amy Archibee
Apr 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I won a copy of this book through a giveaway. The book is a cute story with a follow your dreams theme. There were plenty of puns in the book that would definitely be missed by children, but their parents will certainly appreciate them. I am looking forward to reading this book to the children I work with over and over again.
Apr 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cowboy Car

Good for new readers, or to he read to little ones. The illustrations were colorful and fun. All in all, a joy to read.
Melanie
Little Car grew up on the streets of the big city. But when he grows up he wants to live in the Ol' West and be a Cowboy Car! His parents don't agree. His mother wishes he would settle down and be a family car; his father wanted Little Car to follow in his footsteps and become a city taxi. But Little Car was bound and determined. When he got bigger, he packed his trunk and headed west.

But when he gets out west he finds that one of the requirements of being a cowboy is being able to r
Shelle Perry
May 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I actually won this book through a Goodreads Giveaway, which is one of my favorite ways to get a new book.

"Ever since he was knee-high to his daddy's hubcaps, Little Car wanted to be a Cowboy."

And of course everyone told him that a car couldn't be a cowboy. This is a timely tale of a young car with big dreams who refused to believe that he didn't have what it takes to achieve his dreams. Hard work and perseverance will always win out other people's definitions of what is
Patricia Tilton
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book will be a winner with kids! Little Car knows he’s destined for greater things.  He is determined to pursue his big ambition of becoming a cowboy.  They will laugh when Dusty asks him to move a big bales of hay and Little Car ends up beneath the pile. But when Dusty is thrown from a mean bull at a rodeo, Little Car struts his stuff with a big VROOOMMM and drives off to help his friend. The ending is endearing. Jeanie Franz Ransom’s text flows nicely, with fun wordplay (brake dancing) an ...more
Q
A story about being anything you want to be.

A little car wants to be a cowboy while everyone tells him he can't be for one reason or another. One day they finally acknowledge that he his a cowboy.
This book had a few things that I didn't like about it but it's a cute story for a transportation study or for little ones who love cars.
Corinne
Sep 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-book, kids
I wanted to like this book more than I did. While the storyline was cute as a car pursues its dream of being a cowboy, the written itself was not captivating/engaging.
May 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Even cars can be cowboys, as is proven in this book. The bright colors and cartoonish illustrations will entice young readers and the silly, cowboy text will keep them reading.
Andréa
Note: I received an F&G of this book from the publisher at an ALA conference.
Kim
May 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very cute book. My grand kids love it! Thank you
Sheila
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book as part of a giveaway in exchange for an honest review. Thank you for the opportunity to provide a review.

My granddaughter loved this story! A cute story about a city car who dreams of being a cowboy. Wonderful picture, great storyline, a great book for preschool children.
Kristin
Apr 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful!!

Super cute and a great story about following your dreams against all odds. Cute illustrations and I liked some of the phrasing. Little car "grinned from gear to gear"!!

***I won a free digital copy of this book in a Goodreads giveaway***
Feb 03, 2017 rated it it was ok
Not a big fan of the story or illustrations but I can see some appeal in it.
Vicki
Apr 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture
Very cute pictures, the story is a bit far fetched for me, but written in a fun style.
Brittany King
Apr 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So cute

My tots absolutely loved this book.
It is a very cute and charming story that encourages that fact anyone can make their dreams come true.
Desmond
Apr 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Not very original, but my 4 and 6 year old siblings loved this book so much that they demanded an encore. I decided to rate Cowboy Car based on their reactions rather than my expectations.

The book has a great theme centered around overcoming adversity. It provides an opportunity to talk about striving against criticism and bias. Regardless of the self-aware car cliché, the message is one that all kids deserve to hear more of.
Sara Huizenga
Apr 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute story

Fun book - 4 year old enjoyed it, but did not ask to have it read to her once more/again.
Ricki
Apr 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
A car that dreams of being a cowboy! This was a fun story to read with my boys. The illustrations are quite charming, and the main character made me smile. He refuses to give up, despite the obstacles he faces. My three-year-old asked a lot of great questions while we were reading the book, and we were able to talk about the car's perseverance. I particularly liked all of the puns in the book. While the puns were completely over my sons' heads, it made the reading even more enjoyable for me. Thi ...more
Katrina Weiss
Apr 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My three year old niece loved this and had me read it to her at least three times. She really liked the part with the bull and after reading had to go through the house pretending to be one.
I received this for free from a Goodreads giveaway.
Stephanie
May 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-books
Fun story!

I received this book from GoodReads giveaways. I thoroughly enjoyed the story. It's nice to see a kids' book with current, relevant references. Fun story with a well written plot. Children will love watching Little Car achieve his dreams. I would buy this book for my niece and nephew (preschool ages). Great book!
beauxmots
Apr 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5/5 super adorable kids book. I wanted to read it as the picture on the cover was so cute. Great book on a very unique topic - and clever, too. Reminded me of the film Cars, for obvious reasons. Great illustrations, too!
Kellee
Full review with teaching tools: http://www.unleashingreaders.com/?p=1...

What a cute story about following your dreams even when everyone doubts you! This is a message that is so important to share with kids because throughout their life there are going to be those who doubt them; however, I want Trent to know that as long as he works hard, wants something enough, has a good plan, is realistic about speed bumps ahead, and goes for it, he can live his dream. This is a theme that is found in picture books, chapter books, middle
Apr 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This cute little buckeroo made me smile.
I had to read it direct from the cloud which gave me beautiful color illustrations to enjoy.
This would be a book I would not mind reading over and over.
Donna
May 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a very imaginative and good children's book.
Susan Marie Molloy
What an absolutely fun, hilarious, and benevolent story of Cowboy Car this is!

On the face of it, it’s full of puns (Cowboy Car does a brake dance – ha ha!). On the other hand, it’s a lesson on how to never give up on your dream, because
Kristina Jean Lareau
Mar 25, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: picturebook
Meh
Pamela
Apr 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dream big Little Car....

This is a sweet,charming story of a little car dreaming of a life on the wide open range. While I don't have children I imagine this would be a nice choice for a bedtime story. The illustrations are fantastic, with a genuine sense of humor.
I completely enjoyed this story.

• From Head to Toe
  • Please, Mr. Panda
  • Race Around the World (Disney/Pixar Cars 2)
  • Dude!
  • Mighty, Mighty Construction Site
  • Surf's Up
  • Wow! Said the Owl
  • Duck & Goose Honk! Quack! Boo!
  • South
  • Bee Makes Tea
  • Wordy Birdy
  • The Firefighters' Thanksgiving
  • The Very Busy Spider
  • Down to the Sea with Mr. Magee: (Kids Book Series, Early Reader Books, Best Selling Kids Books)
Jeanie Franz Ransom is a children's picture-book author and former elementary school counselor with a penchant for puns and a fondness for fractured fairytales. Her books include the award-winning "What Really Happened to Humpty?" and "The Crown Affair," and her newest title, "Cowboy Car."

Jeanie also writes self-help books for kids and the adults in their lives, including "Don't Squeal Unless It'