Start by marking “Red's Tangled Tale (The Untold Stories, #2)” as Want to Read:
Red's Tangled Tale (The Untold Stories, #2)

Red's Tangled Tale

(The Untold Stories)

4.67  ·  Rating details ·  24 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Everyone knows the story of Little Red Riding Hood. Well, at least they think they do. History would have many believe Red was a naïve little girl who brought treats to her grandmother in the dark of the forest. History had it wrong.

After the curse of the wolves came to Timbergard, Red’s father was the only soul brave enough to enter Blakx Forest. However, when the wolves
Published November 1st 2016

To ask other readers questions about Red's Tangled Tale, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Red's Tangled Tale

Tricia Mingerink
Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was an enjoyable second tale in the Untold Stories series. The author has some interesting twists on the Red Riding Hood story, and I loved how Hook's story continues to intertwine with Red's.

I also loved how the title so subtly hints at the second fairy tale that happens in this book that I didn't catch it until that fairy tale started to unfold. So cool at the author interweaves the fairy tales together.

I listened to the audiobook version, and the narrator does a good job, especially for
Kristy
Oct 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: x
This was a great follow-up to Hook's Little Mermaid! The story centers mainly around Rose, a Little Red Riding Hood character, but not the meek little girl who carries goodies to grandma's house. Captain Jameson Shaw "Hook" also has a fairly large presence in this book, and Rose sets out to help him with a mission. They have to go through Blakx Forest, where deadly wolves live but luckily only come out at night. One night a chain of events leads Rose to a stone tower in the forest, where she mee ...more
Ashley Cestra
Oct 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh what an enjoyable clean teen read! I loved this authors version of little red riding hood! I really enjoyed all the fairytale characters who made an appearance in this story! I'm always excited to learn where the titles comes from in each story and this one did not disappoint! Suzanna Lynn put a unique twist on this story and I had fun reading it! I don't really have anything negative to say! The dialogue and spunkyness of the main character was wonderful, the pace of the story didn't leave m ...more
Annie
Oct 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant follow up to Hook's Little Mermaid. Red's tale rejoins us with old friends and introduces us to new while setting up many more stories to come complete with a glimpse at yet another antagonist.
The book is a quick read, perfect for a lazy day, and brings the nostalgia of childhood to us with unique twists. Fans of re-imagined fairy tales spun together (such as The Lunar Chronicles) will enjoy The Untold Stories immensely.
Ashley Dawn
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this audiobook. The narrator did a fabulous job with the voices and making the story come to life. Red isn't the simple girl we've been told, but a fierce huntress who braves the woods on her own when no one else will. James (captain Hook) comes back to her cursed land to ask her help to free someone the witch took to Oz.

I loved how the author wove in so many of our childhood characters. My son (10 year old) listened to the book with me and enjoyed it just as much as I did. James' change
Kelly Stepp
Oct 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book as much as the first! It's written in the same style as the first book and focuses on the story of Red while simultaneously continuing Hook's storyline. You're also briefly introduced to several new characters that will play bigger role in the next installment. This story had more of a cliffhanger for me but does give some hints as to the who and where of the next book. The biggest thing that stood out to me (even two weeks post-read) is the kickbutt, adventurous, and protectiv ...more
Ashalyn
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Suzanna Lynn has outdone herself again with the retelling of the story of Little Red Riding Hood. Not only does she bring back the much loved (in my mind) Captain Jameson Shaw aka Captain Hook but she also introduces us to many other fairy tale characters. This story is adventurous and fun plus a quick but amazing read / listen. Plus add James Darcy as a narrator and it makes the story that much better. I highly recommend this series.
Emily Cornelison
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
To be honest I think I enjoyed this one a bit more than the first one. It was amazing! I've never really liked red riding hood but this is truly well written and I just love it. Like I said on my last review of Hooks Little Mermaid, I can see all of the fairy tales coming together it's new and it's exiting. I was looking forward to getting the next one from the library but unfortunately it wasn't out. It gives me something to look forward to. Can't wait until the next book!
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fun

Just a fun read. I love the fractured fairytales. So much fun revisiting these great characters. Can't wait for the next in the series.
Bree
Suzanna Lynn has done it again! I literally started reading this one night at work, and finished it by the end of my 12 hour shift (could have been finished much sooner but a girl's gotta work). Warning, there may be tiny spoilers ahead. Not large enough to give away plots, but slightly in regards to new characters added.

The story picks back up right away from where Hook's Little Mermaid left Red Riding Hood. Don't fear though, as I had done so upon finishing book 1, for Hook and his crew retur
Jessica
Oct 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love how this author is able to take some of our favorite fairytales and spin them into someone new and beautiful. Her imagination is amazing and her ability to write this book goes to show you that every story can be changed and shaped into something new and beautiful.

The dialogue flowed beautifully. The description of settings and characters were tasteful and not overdone. I truly felt that I could clearly picture it. Rose was a great and Unique Pretrial of Little red riding hood.

Fans of H
Amber Carpenter
Nov 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this second installment of the untold stories series I love how The author has blended so many stories into one seemless world that has many hidden corners and unexpected twists and turns if i had one critique it was too short LOL i didnt want the story to end and Enjoyed it throughly finished in kless than 24hrs
Brittney Lupold
Jan 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Tangled a newed

I really enjoyed the story and how thing tangled with other tails I do wish they where longer. I'm waiting for the next book can't wait to see what happens
Suzanna Lynn
Oct 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
You're allowed to rate what you write... right?
Heather Pitts
Mikayla
Jan 05, 2017
Lucy Tasker
Jan 06, 2017
Author Suzanna Lynn is a full-time mom of three beautiful, energetic children and spends her days with them and her husband in a small town nestled in the deep rolling hills of Missouri.

Growing up in the Ozarks, as a child Suzanna spent her days wandering the fields and woods surrounding her home. While most children avoided the dark corners of the woods, she sought it out, imagining them to be fi

The Untold Stories (2 books)
  • Hook's Little Mermaid (The Untold Stories #1)