Start by marking “Fire Starter (The Sentinels, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Fire Starter (The Sentinels, #0.5)

Fire Starter

(The Sentinels 0.5)

I definitely didn't start the fire.

However, I've been accused by the orphaned children of the couple who died in the inferno, and I have to clear my name. My memory of that night is fuzzy. I don't believe in magic or the supernatural, but what happened defies normal explanation. Whatever I discover, nothing will be the same again.
Published 2016

To ask other readers questions about Fire Starter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fire Starter

Sarah Spelbring
Mar 16, 2018 rated it it was ok
This is a prequel novella to an ebook series, and if I'm honest the whole fire starter thing is completely over done. Stephen King has written the famous Fire Starter book, I've read Mortal Ghost which is another fire starter (but with a different spin on it) and now we've got this.

I legitimately like the idea behind this world in this ebook, but it's very over done. See the Cursed review I did and you'll get an idea of what this world is like. Throw in a corrupt cop and you've pretty much got
Ami
Mar 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, mystery
Very interesting prequel, with enough action to keep you turning pages. There are plenty of twists and turns leading to big surprises in this short story. Some of them are scary but there is humor as well.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Disclaimer: I received this book at no charge in exchange for an honest review.
Shannon Risdon
Jan 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Really enjoyed this book (not going to go into the storyline) - it was little odd to begin with, but not having read this author before, figured would give it more than my usual first few pages, and am really glad I did. Good pace all the way through, although did jump a little bit, but that didn't detract from the story.......likely to look at others in the series too.
Cheryl
Jan 21, 2017 rated it liked it
I don't quite know how to review this novella. I received a copy through InstaFreebie via the author and it's in a genre that I don't normally read - urban fantasy.
The story was well written and engaging and was set up to introduce you to the characters in The Sentinel series. However it didn't engage me quite enough to read more books in the series.
Melinda Labuscagne
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved the book. I felt sorry for Rune because he could not remember and then to discover what he did.
I am going to try my best to get Fire sorcerer because I cannot wait to see what happens.
Melinda
Jackie
Dec 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Rune had a hard time not remembering and then finding out. One has to feel sorry for him. Great reading all the way. Ready for more
Michael Draper
FightSniper
Feb 19, 2019
Aimeekay
Apr 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fire Starter is the prequel to The Sentinels series. I was lucky enough to get a copy because I subscribed to David J. Normoyle's newsletter.

Following what seems to be the standard style for most prequels these days, Fire Starter is a novella. Not complaining, just making an observation. The upside of this is that it gives the reader a bite size taste of the writers style. Generally they are cheaper than a full size book. Also since it's shorter readers don't have to commit as much time to read
Mandy Walkden-Brown
May 07, 2017
Barb VanderWel
is currently reading it
May 24, 2017
David was born in Australia, but moved to Ireland at an early age. The early globe crossing must have gone to his head, as he has since backpacked through and lived in numerous countries. He grew up on a farm as the eldest of nine unruly siblings, but since his escape, he prefers city living. His electronic engineering degree is currently gathering dust while he tries new and strange pursuits such ...more

The Sentinels (3 books)
  • Fire Sorcerer (The Sentinels #1)
  • Fire Summoning (The Sentinels #2)
  • Fire Soldiers (The Sentinels Book 3)