Start by marking “Pierson (The Meager Boys Story #1)” as Want to Read:
Pierson (The Meager Boys Story #1)

Pierson (The Meager Boys Story #1)

After his father's passing, Pierson Meager is left with much responsibility, undertaking the running of the family business and the fathering of his three younger brothers. For all the changes in his life, things are comfortable, uniform, and exactly how Pierson likes it—until an agreement with a stranger turns it upside down.

Susan Coyle is a driven woman, so when the posi
Published November 24th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Pierson, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pierson

John Winston
Nov 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
J. Kahele’s at it again with this literary rollercoaster that elicits a mixed bag of emotions. Pierson (The Meager Boys Story Book 1) is a smorgasbord of beautiful places and beautiful people: a staple of Kahele’s work. Another staple is her elegant prose punctuated by great imagery and vivid descriptions that flow from page to page. Pierson, our dashing protagonist, is one of four brothers whose first names all start with the letter P. I thought that was pretty sweet. He agrees to an arrangemen ...more
Dianne
Is it possible to have a love/hate/love relationship with a character? Definitely, especially when J. Kahele is the driving force behind the creation of PIERSON, a man who took on too much, too young and forgot to actually live his own life or forget the grief of the past.

Little did Pierson Meager know his life was about to get very real and very intense when he meets Susan Coyle in a case of mistaken identity. Let’s just say Susan is about to snag the promotion of a lifetime, except her boss ha
Susan
Nov 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Pierson

J Kahele

Received From the Author

I'm going to say this right from the start......PIERSON blew me away! I read this story in one sitting, putting my life on hold while I devoured this heart tugging story! I've always loved Janelle's stories, but this one broke my heart! PIERSON is the best book by her so far and if you've read my past reviews of her books you know how much I loved them.

Susan Coyle ran away from Arizona and her past life there. Her mother is a drunk, her father left them whe
Maxine (Booklover Catlady)
I dabble in romance novels now and again so it's not my normal place of comfort unless it's got a dark side to it (I'm weird I know!). I absolutely adored the Mine series by J. Kahele which tackles domestic violence in a harrowing way but also new beginnings and healing hearts. I was sucked right in.

I admire this author enormously, she writes with a passion for words and I know she wants her readers to feel like her characters are people you know so well. That's something that is a theme through
John Hennessy
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
Pierson is arguably J Kahele's best written novel to date. The lives, loves and lows of Pierson unfold in her latest adult romance. What's especially pleasing to see here is a strong focus on story, not sensationalism. The cool erotic scenes are there aplenty, but it's arguable that the titular Pierson and 'woman of interest' Susan are the most rounded out characters here.

The dynamic between Pierson and his brothers is well done and anyone who has a brother (or is a brother) will understand ho
Vicki
Nov 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook-romance
Pierson is a great story. I love J. Kahele's characters, chain, Violet, blu and those twins. This book took humor to a different level. I appreciated the wit and the just plain funny points in this romantic story. I liked the way that Pierson and Susan met and I liked their chemistry. They were working together for their own reasons and the story as it unfolded was just wonderfully told.

I loved seeing the reappearance of some of my most favorite people. It made me one happy reader. I really lov
Joselyn  Raquel Moreno Burke
Nov 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
it was pretty good, I did find it alike to my own relationship. Pierson was an interesting character allright, I think I found an alike soul to mine in him and Susan was so like my boyfriend in some things too jajaja it was cool.

hope to see more of Lilly she was awesome and the plot was pretty sad at parts since it took over themes like depression and other things too, but really liked it.
Ben Jr.
Nov 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
J. Kahele continues to evolve with her novels. Pierson has numerous components that help to make it a strong story. It has humor, sensual scenes, drama, and tackles serious topics such as depression and others. The chemistry between the main characters Pierson and Susan is incredible. The story has wit and the dialogue helps to keep the reader engaged throughout. Like a fine wine, J. Kahele only gets better with time! Keep the hits coming!
Alice Rachel
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Well, I sure wasn't expecting the twist at the end!! 😳

I really enjoyed this book. It was highly entertaining and fast read (as always with J. Kahele) all the while treating some heavy themes.

👍
evergreencrime

This was not bad per se. It was a really fast read. The first 50% was actually promising. I liked the heroine. She was not a door mat. The hero was very interesting, especially when it came to relating with his brothers.

The remaining half of the book was ... mediocre. I just seemed staged. Insert defending heroine's honor, insert dramatic breakup that will have you rolling your eyes... etc

The twist, I didn't see coming but I still wasn't moved. I guess because I could not connect to the charact
Arzu
rated it it was ok
Nov 25, 2016
Brigitte DeBiase
Jan 29, 2017
Queen Devil
Dec 11, 2016
Eliza De carvalho
rated it did not like it
Dec 09, 2016