Start by marking “The Agony and Glory of the Cross” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
The Agony and Glory of...

Charles B. Hodge Jr.

The Agony and Glory of the Cross

"The Agony & Glory of the Cross" is an in-depth look at the most dramatic event in the history of mankindthe death of the Son of God on a cross, as a sacrifice for our sins. How are we to understand the magnitude of what happened? What should be our response to such an unimaginable gift of sacrificial love?
Published January 1st 2007 by Resource Publications

To ask other readers questions about The Agony and Glory of the Cross, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Agony and Glory of the Cross

Start your review of The Agony and Glory of the Cross
Penelope Payne
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Then He said tothemall, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily,and follow Me. For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will save it. For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and is himself destroyed or lost?" Luke 9:23-25

I started reading it last year, but I took it slow so that I wouldn't miss much, and it was worth it. Here are a few of my favorite quotes from it:

"Jesus was not
Randy Grossman
Jul 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
There quite a lot of important information written in this book to help the believers understand many of the direct and indirect concepts people ought to consider when they are considering what Jesus Christ accomplished and went through in His sacrifice on the cross. I agreed with 99% of Brother Hodges understanding (many with Scriptural references) and the little bit I may have differed with him apparently are not TOO alarming in that I don't really recall where they are in the book. However, ...more
Olivia
Jun 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gifts
This book is a sweet meditation on the historical and spiritual events surrounding the crucifixion of Jesus. The author is very enthusiastic, which at times made me smile and at times exhausted me, haha. I don’t agree with all of his viewpoints, but he did highlight several things I hadn’t thought of before and helped expand my view and thinking of the cross. This book makes for a great read leading up to Easter - or any time of year that you’d like to spend extra time meditating on the cross.
Lynette Carnahan