Start by marking “Little Tails in Prehistory” as Want to Read:
Little Tails in Prehistory

Little Tails in Prehistory

(Little Tails / Les petites histoires #5)

4.09  ·  Rating details ·  32 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
Chipper and Squizzo are a precocious puppy and squirrel who love to explore new and exciting environments, flying their cardboard box airplane to wondrous worlds full of fascinating animals and creatures. In each volume of this fun, educational series, they tour a different location, encountering the real-world animals found there in beautiful illustration and fun cartoon ...more
Published July 11th 2017 by Magnetic Press (first published February 4th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Little Tails in Prehistory, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Little Tails in Prehistory

Carla Johnson-Hicks
Another successful entry in the Little Tails series. There is a puppy named Chipper and a squirrel named Squizzo that go on adventures around the world and this time, back in time. They hop into their cardboard airplane and this time bring the kitchen clock. As the hands travel backwards, they once again crash land and find themselves face to face with an archeopterex. They decide they need to head towards the volcano to find out how to get back home. Along the way they meet various dinosaurs an ...more
Producervan in Sedona, AZ from New Orleans & L.A.
Told in comic style, the squirrel and puppy, Chipper and Squizzo time travel, crash landing in water to meet several prehistoric animals and even a cro-magnon boy on land. The book ends with some history and evolution of this era. May be more suitable for boys. Spectacular full-color drawings by Federico Bertolucci, some with the beauty and depth of a photo. Translation by Mike Kennedy. Thanks to NetGalley for providing this ebook for review.
Chinook
Jun 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: kids, net-galley
I love the colour pictures of the animals and the explanation of evolution was well done. Good info at the end about the creatures. In general, it's quite informative. The story of the cat and dog was a bit boring.
Sabrina Fox
This book starts out with Chipper being woken up to go on an adventure with his friend. The pictures start out bland, then slowly becomes more colorful and vibrant as the book goes on. Encouraging children who read the book to keep going until the end.

Chipper and his pal go back in time to when the dinosaurs roamed. They learn all about what life was like before the dinosaurs became extinct. Perfect for the little boy or girl who is obsessed with all things dinosaurs.

Told in comic style, this b
One more, please!
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love the graphic structure and that the author seemingly sneaks in little educational facts. My kids like when they think they discovered information rather than being told.
Bea  Charmed
I've enjoyed this series so far and was happy to see another issue released.

The design of the book is the same as the previous ones. Each page, at the top, has black and white panels with Squizzo and Chipper with the animals in glorious color on the rest of the page. The pictures of the dinosaurs and their world are in full color and drawn in a realistic and detailed, yet still cartoonish, fashion. There's a minimal story but it's the journey and the dinosaurs encountered along the way that will
Jul 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is another wonderful book in the series of books that teach kids about things, while telling a cute story of a puppy and a squirrel as they explore prehistoric times. The last book had them taking a flight to the Savana. This time, they get in their cardboard box, and go to prehistoric times where they meet dinasuars from all the different eras. They even point out that not all these things were alive at the same time.

Very informative, and fun to read.

Thanks to Netgalley for making this boo
Anusha Narasimhan
This book was awesome! It gives a great intro to prehistory, talks about dinosaurs, explains how life evolved from the ocean, what more can I ask? The best part is how it can engage the little reader with a story and good art. Highly recommended for children (and adults who are young at heart). Thanks to the publisher for the ARC.
Mehsi
I received this book from Netgalley in exchange of an honest review.

I loved the Little Tails in the Jungle book, so I was already interested in more books from these 2 characters. So when I saw this book up on Netgalley and saw it featured dinosaurs (!!) I just had to press the Read Now button. I adore dinosaurs, I love Little Tails, so this had to be good.

Plus points to the Back to the Future reference at the beginning.

So the book already started off in a brilliant way. A cardboard plane? A kit
Paul Franco
Jul 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
In this edition of the adventures of the studious squirrel and ditzy puppy—don’t know how many there are in this series, but this is my third—they trade in their cardboard box plane for a cardboard box time machine, going back to check out dinosaurs instead of present animals.
As always, each page has a comic strip combined with a beautifully colored painting, usually devoted to the wildlife they’re talking to (it’s not enough that the animals can speak, but now dinosaurs from so long ago can too
Kate Puleo Unger
Aug 25, 2017 rated it liked it
A puppy and a squirrel travel back in time in their flying, cardboard time machine. They visit the prehistoric ages - from the time of the dinosaurs to the dawn of man. This book is written in comic book style, but it's also packed with information about the creatures that inhabited the Earth before modern human beings.

It's an interesting combination of fiction and non-fiction perfect for children ages 5-9. The timelines are intertwined, so don't expect this to be a historically accurate account
☘Tara Sheehan☘
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Using comic panels, beautiful illustrations, time travel and a couple of really cute characters to narrate Frederic Brremaud has created the perfect book for young dinosaur lovers.

The illustrations by Federico Bertolucci are just so colorful and eye catching you can't help but pour over all the minute details especially since the dinosaur panels are in stark contrast to the panels with the narrating characters.

Brremaud did a great job with those practically impossible to pronounce dinosaur name
Jacque Stengel
Jun 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childhood
What a great series to teach young readers about different environments and animals. This book is sure to delight all readers of dinosaurs and time travel! The book is full of color and descriptions and full of life. There is even more education at the end of the book with more details about the animals encountered along the way. This particular book dives into the age of the dinosaur and how we are learning about them today. The story is told in a comedic way but gets the learning in as well! T ...more
Richelle Zirkle
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Our three year old absolutely loved this showing the title will be well loved by the smallest of dinosaur fans. Chipper and Squizzo drew him in with their funny conversations, and he loved the contrast between the comic strip pictures of them and the larger, vibrant colors of the dinosaurs. He was interested in their time traveling cardboard contraption flying machine as much as the dinosaurs. We love stories where children are introduced to history and facts through a fun and accessible story.

I
Theediscerning
Jun 16, 2017 rated it liked it
This series is very twee, but actually quite clever in how it presents its natural history. Two small animals always go on a journey in comic form, meeting lots of animals along the way that also get to feature in much larger, fully painted imagery. Here we get the usual problems with adding invented colour to dinosaurs, but it's alright, and at least gets to feature the entirety of evolution in just one double-page spread. It's never going to be a perfect series, however – here the dialogue bet ...more
Bobbi
Jul 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya-ab, netgalley
Cute and clever way to travel back to prehistoric times. Great use of story to introduce dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures. Excellent use of "that looks like" to link known animals to prehistoric animals. The color and textures of the images were delightful and brilliant.

**Disclaimer: I received this copy in return for a review.**
Ryan
Jun 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A story told by cartoon with with illustrations of dinosaurs. I love this series. They take a serious, and funny look at prehistory. All in the guise of a time traveling cat and dog, who just want to make it to the volcano so they can somehow get home. They meet lots of strange creatures along the way, and even some ancient people. A great series for kids of all ages.
Donna Maguire
I have read another book starring the little tails duo so I was delighted to get an ARC of this book.
I am a massive fan of dinosaurs too so it was a double bonus! I really enjoyed the book, the story was great as normal and I loved their little journey back in time - 5 stars
Andrienne
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Bertolucci's artwork plus the humorous writing with cute quirky characters make this book a stellar addition to public libraries and personal libraries. Plenty of bite-sized info and appealing characters similar to Mo Willems Elephant and Piggie.

Access to review copy provided by publisher.
Soobie can't sleep at night
Questo mi è piaciuto molto! Ho adorato il modo in cui i due autori sono riusciti a spiegare ai bimbi com'è nata la terra e come siamo arrivati fino a noi.

I dinosauri hanno dei colori strani -rosa?! - ma i disegni sono belli come sempre.
wildct2003
Aug 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cute book, fun to read.
Kirsten never has enough time
Jul 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
This is SO CUTE omg. I love the dinosaur art too! I will definitely be foisting this on my friends with children.

Thanks to Netgalley for the read.
Nicole
Tyldon
Aug 14, 2018
Dademaru
Jul 03, 2018
Brrémaud, de son vrai nom Frédéric Brémaud, né le 11 mars 1973 à Séoul, est un scénariste de bande dessinée français. Il signe également sous les noms de Brr ou Frédéric Alléluïa Brémaud

Little Tails / Les petites histoires (6 books)
  • Little Tails in the Forest