Start by marking “Little Tails in the Savannah” as Want to Read:
Little Tails in the Savannah

Little Tails in the Savannah

(Little Tails / Les petites histoires #2)

3.7  ·  Rating details ·  40 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
Chipper and Squizzo are a precocious puppy and squirrel who love to explore new and exciting environments, flying their cardboard box airplane to wondrous worlds full of fascinating animals and creatures. In each volume of this fun, educational series, they tour a different location, encountering the real-world animals found there in beautiful illustration and fun cartoon ...more
Hardcover
Published May 23rd 2017 by Magnetic Press (first published September 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Little Tails in the Savannah, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Little Tails in the Savannah

Wayne McCoy
Apr 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
'Little Tails in the Savannah' by Frédéric Brrémaud and Federico Bertolucci follows Chipper and Squizzo on another adventure. The art of the Savannah is beautiful since this graphic novel is by the same people behind the stunning Love series featuring tigers, a fox, and dinosaurs.

Chipper and Squizzo set out on another adventure, but Squizzo's plane starts acting up, so they are on foot in the Savannah. They encounter a series of animals up close. Some are a bit too close for Chipper's taste. The
Carla Johnson-Hicks
This is the third book in the Little Tails series. There is a puppy named Chipper and a squirrel named Squizzo that go on adventures around the world. This book, they are heading to the Savannah in Africa. They hop into a cardboard airplane and unfortunately crash land. They need to walk through the Savannah while looking for Squizzo's uncle. The main characters appear at the top of each page in a black and white comic strip of a few panels discussing where they are, what they see, and something ...more
Feb 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a cute picture book, beautifully illustrated, that tells about the animals of the savannah, all the while telling also the adventures of a squirrel and puppy who have come to visit a flying squirrel. Along the way they encounter all the animals found there, and learn little facts about them.

This is a great way to introduce these animals to young children, while wrapped around a cute story. The animals are drawn more realistically then the cartoony dog and squirrel. Apparently they have v
Carolyn Injoy
Little Tails in the Savannah by Frederic Brremaud Little Tails in the Savannah by Frederic Brremaud is a fun-to-read book about Chipper and Squizzo, a puppy and squirrel who have a cardboard airplane to travel and explore wonderful places.

They encounter real animals in the African Savannah. They came across a monkey, a poisonous black mamba, a warthog, a gnu, a lion and some vultures. They also saw a cheetah chasing gazelles. They took a bone from a hyena which was not a good idea. Then they sa
Bea  Charmed

I do enjoy the collaborations between Brremaud and Bertolucci. Their stories are typically engaging and full of detailed, eye-catching, colorful art. This is no exception. Part of their children's series, it takes readers on a fantastic journey through the African savannah while also showcasing imaginative play.

Squizzo the squirrel and Chipper the pup love to travel and go on adventures. Using their cardboard airplane, they travel to the African savannah to visit Squizzo's uncle Buzz,
Jen
Jan 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Thank you to Magnetic Press, Diamond Book Distributors, and NetGalley for providing this ARC in exchange for an honest review.

This is the third book in the Little Tails series, but the first one that I have gotten the chance to read. I really wanted to love this book because the artwork is stunning. The color palette and saturation were perfect choices to convey the feeling of an African savannah.

I didn't find Chipper or Squizzo particularly cute or funny, they were just ok. Each page focused
Paul Franco
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
As with the first, a squirrel takes a relatively dimwit dog for a trip to find out about animals. As the title tells you, this one takes place in Africa. Each page contains a three-panel comic strip with a full color painting of the animal discussed taking up most of the page.
What kind of plane gets destroyed crashing into a giraffe? A cardboard one, of course. And yes, that ball is a pile of poo. Great start. . .
Baby elephant grabbing mom’s tail=intense cuteness.
Bit of an abrupt ending; barely
Alida
Jun 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love the kind of EB books that introduce facts in the graphic format. Vision is our primary sense in learning and even more so as children.

The only quibble that I have is the fact that the authors should not inject their opinions about any single animal. Hyenas are wonderful animals not "nasty beasts". All non-human beings are wonderful animals. That includes snakes, sharks, poisonous fishes, scorpions, spiders, etc. and other "fugly" beings. This kind of judgement on any animal species that
O. D. Book Reviews
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Description: Chipper and Squizzo go on another adventure in their paper airplane. This time they are off to the Savannah where they explore and introduce the reader to all the wonderful animals they encounter.

In Short: The Little Tails books are perfect for children that are very interested in animals because they have the most gorgeous art of animals along with fun, educational facts about various exotic creatures.

Pros: The art is fabulous. Pairs cartoons (Chipper and Squizzo) with more realis
Soobie can't sleep at night
Fossi stata un cucciolotto, avrei adorato di più questa serie con i suoi fumettini deliziosi e le favolose illustrazioni di Bertolucci. A trent'anni, ovviamente, le cose sono un po' diverse. Ma me li sono comprati tutti nella speranza di passarli a qualcuno con la mia stessa passione per la lettura in futuro.
Peacegal
May 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Cute little book that will bring a smile to young animal lovers. A cute dog and squirrel take an imaginary trip to the African Savannah and introduce readers to a wide variety of animals who live there.
wildct2003
Sep 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Quick fun read.
Edward Sullivan
Learning about animals in the plains of Africa.
Margaux
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
ADORABLE. I want to read them all now. Accessible information for kids on an area of the world that they may not be familiar with in a cute way!
BookmarksandBookshelves
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-reads
I really enjoyed the combination of the sketched illustrations of Chipper and Squizzo with the realistic depiction of animals and landscapes in the Savannah. Initially, I did feel myself getting pulled from the story with the main characters keeping their comic style, however, upon as the story continued and then with a reread I felt more comfortable with the format and found myself enjoying the story immensely more.

The adventure is quite simple - Chipper and Squizzy wandering through the Savann
Rogene Carter
Mar 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
Excellent interspersing of traditional cartoons with modern day graphics. The story was also incredibly intriguing.
Theediscerning
Feb 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Three and a half stars for a cute little book for cute little people. A squirrel and a puppy get in a cardboard plane to visit a flying squirrel relative of the former in Africa, but to get to him they have to pass by lots of game and other wildlife. The journey is shown through very decent one-colour cartooning, and we have even more decent (and accurate) full-colour portraits of the creatures and the landscape, which really bring the place to life. It's just, if a bit more forethought could ha ...more
Tara
I received this book from Netgalley for an honest review.
Another wildly fun book staring Chipper and Squizzo. These two friends are off on another adventure and this time they are headed for the African Savannah. With lots of interesting facts and illustrations, this is another tale in the series that shouldn't be missed.
Donna Maguire
I thought that this book was really fun, there are some good fun facts that can be learnt along the way with the story and its got just the right amount of content to keep little ones entertained.
Jantine Kampes
Feb 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
I received a free e-copy of this book through Netgalley.

I loved this book! The pictures were marvellous, the main characters were funny in a silly way. I can totally see myself reading this to my future children.
Angela
Dawn Rutherford
Jul 16, 2018
Gargi Sharma
Apr 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
"Any landing you can walk away from is a good one."

One afternoon, two friends take a small cardboard airplane to see the Savannah and come across various animals, and the twenty or so pages involve one of them telling the other about the snake, lions, hyenas, the cheetah and all. Little Tails in the Savannah is a beautiful little children’s book, teaching about animals found in the Savannah in 33 pages. It is a very nicely illustrated book, with dreamy illustrations of the various animals. The l
Jamie
Oct 19, 2017
Andréa
Note: I received a digital ARC of this book from the publisher through NetGalley.
Elisa
Mar 27, 2017 rated it liked it
*This book was sent to me through Netgalley in exchange for a honest review*

You can also find more reviews on my blog Girl Hearts Book

What a cute book for kids. Chipper and Squizzo take us on a little trip to the savannah to get to know some of the animals that live there and some of their characteristics.

The art isn't all that fabulous, the two main characters are always in black in white while the rest is in colour and is more worked, for lack of a better word.

This is a very cute book for the
Brrémaud, de son vrai nom Frédéric Brémaud, né le 11 mars 1973 à Séoul, est un scénariste de bande dessinée français. Il signe également sous les noms de Brr ou Frédéric Alléluïa Brémaud

Little Tails / Les petites histoires (6 books)
  • Little Tails in the Forest