Start by marking “My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)” as Want to Read:
My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)

My Kind of You

(Trillium Bay #1)

Wall Street Journal bestselling author Tracy Brogan is back with a sweet, hilarious series about family, forgiveness, and what it means to go back home.

Published April 18th 2017 by Montlake Romance

To ask other readers questions about My Kind of You, please sign up.
the only good thing i can say about this book is that it was free . the plot was thin,the writing amateurish . but the worst part was the editing. w I think Lilly will find her happy ending but not with Tag. I think the father will discover an illness (nothing life-threatening) and will end the…moreI think Lilly will find her happy ending but not with Tag. I think the father will discover an illness (nothing life-threatening) and will end the relationship, realizing that he was going through a mid-life crisis.

Brook will become Mayor and that brings about all kinds of obstacles for the construction plans and family dynamics. May even be the path to a romance between Brook and Tag. Lots of possibilities left open.(less)

Start your review of My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
Nicola
Apr 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars.

My Kind of You is the first book I've read by Tracy Brogan and, with a writing style which was easy to get along with and a cast of quirky, funny characters, she's an author I'll be checking out again.

"Too bad he was officially the enemy."

I love an enemies-to-lovers story and this is one which doesn't bring too much drama. Divorcee and single mum, Emily Callaghan is returning home to help her Gran renovate a rental property and repay her 10k loan when, whilst stranded at the airport, she meets developer, Ryagain.
stars.
My
Ian
Twelve years ago, Emily left Wenniway Island. She ran off with her summer romance, and burned all her bridges on the Island. Now divorced and with a twelve year old daughter she finds herself flat broke and back on the island. Her grandmother has offered her a lifeline, a job renovating one of her cottages and turning it into high end tourist accomodation.

Ryan is a project developer who finds himself on Wenniway Island when his recently widowered father takes up with a woman. A woman he is conv
Pj Ausdenmore
Mar 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
ARC Review

I began reading Tracy Brogan's MY KIND OF YOU last night around 10 pm. At 2:30 am, I was still awake reading and laughing so loud and hard I was sure I was going to wake up the people in the condo next door. I finally called it quits when I fell asleep while reading and my Kindle fell on my face and split my lip. That's the only reason! I went right back to reading as soon as I woke up today and finished it with a smile and a satisfied sigh. This funny, heartwarming, can't-
Trish R.
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Best narration EVER.. You gotta listen to this book. BUT don’t listen to it unless you have a good sense of humor.

What can I say about this book? Other than I absolutely loved it. Why? Because of Amy McFadden. She was just phenomenal. So many characters she was able to do and so many emotions. This was the best narration I’ve ever heard. You can’t go wrong with a book that’s free with KU and $1.99 through Audible.

It was a story about a 59 year old man having an affair with a 26 year
Jules
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was an enjoyable easy to listen to romance with fun and likeable characters.

I borrowed this in audiobook format through Amazon Kindle Unlimited.
Syndi
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
DNF

This book reminds me so much of That Second Chance. Old small town community who make their business to knows everyone business. Do I like it? Nope. I think the story is too much of characters and not much characters development. The romance is also dim in the background. What I can not really stand is the dragging.

I mean yes i know that is shocking a 59 years old dating 26 years old especially in a small town. But does it have to be the highlight of the entire book? It bored me to tear
Catherine (The Sassy Bookster)
I had so much fun with this book. A really entertaining comedy. New to me author, but a new favorite. Full review to come.
Char (1RadReader59)
Apr 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was such a funny book. As you know I love family sagas. This one did not disappoint at all. The standout character would have to be Chloe. She was a hoot.
This story was about Emily Callaghan and her daughter Chloe going home to a small island in Michigan for the summer. Emily has been a single mother for the last 7 years officially but since day one unofficially.
She has had basically no family support of her choosing because her father (Chief of Police) did not make it easy t
Diana Leneker
Apr 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved....loved....loved this book! I was reading it and couldn't stop laughing out loud. Finally my husband asked me what was so funny and as I was reading him a scene about horse back riding he started to lose it too! I love when a book makes me feel so happy!!!!!
Linda
A small-town yummy contemporary romance with plenty of humor and a family focus... I loved it!

We don’t have to tell secrets. We don’t have to talk at all. We could just, you know, kiss . . . and stuff.”

My Kind of You by Tracy Brogan is a highly entertaining contemporary romance with a great island setting. It is the hilarious story of house flipper Emily Callaghan and land developer Ryan Taggert.

First, I want to share about the idyllic locale. Michigan’s MacKinac Island
Beth Hommes
May 20, 2017 rated it liked it
This book was ok. The writing was fine and the characters were likeable. My problems were that the plot was far too predictable and the descriptions of Emily's romantic intentions were too long and drawn out.
Kim
Jun 01, 2017 rated it liked it
Not the best

I love all of Tracy Brogan's cheesy romance books. But this one was slow. Took too long for me to care about the characters. And one I did, it was over.
Beth
Aug 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
this is not my 1st read by Tracy ... but I truly think her style is so fun .. her ability to swap to another kind of story ... i loved the airport scene... i love all these characters ... their quirky personalities are just too too much ... I love anything Michigan ....so this was a such a pleasure to read. I love the cover. this was in my 4th Romance Reveal Book Box ...such a fan. A great summer read ... I guess summer is coming to a close for some many but maybe by reading this book it can hol ...more
Ruthie Taylor
Apr 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

This is a real gem of a book - I definitely recommend it to you in all circumstances except one ... if you have had surgery and it will hurt to laugh, because truly some of the things you read will have you in fits of giggles.

When we speak of genres we never mention the "island off the coast of" romance - and yet there are some truly superb examples - and this is clearly going to be a winning series in the game. There is a hu
Gabriella
Jul 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Cute start to a new series...
This is a cute and sweet start to a new series. An story set on a charming lakeside town, with a host of quirky characters., makes it an easy albeit predictable book. My complaint is that it felt very rushed towards the end, and we didn't get any resolution to a couple of issues. The ending is HFN at best, I would have liked a little more time with the main couple as an actual couple, they come together officially at the very end, and we don't get to read about anything be
Sally
Nov 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
After reading 7/8 horrible books in a row, I thought I was never gonna find an interesting book ever again! My Kind of You was a breath of fresh air!!! I loved it! I just totally fell in love with the plot and the characters! And my God, Chloe is just so adorable!!! The reason it didn't get a 5 star rating was cz I found the ending a bit lacking,,
but but but ...
I still loved loved loved the book! I can't wait for the second or third or I dunno how many books this series is gonna have!

I w
Susan Peterson
Apr 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sweet, romantic, funny

Tracy Brogan has once again written a warm, romantic story, full of humor. My Kind of You is a book that made me laugh, cry, and feel the love between its wonderful inhabitants. The characters in this book are sweet and quirky, feisty and lovely. Each page of this book is filled with tenderness and humor, a heartfelt story that will provide readers with hours of joy and love.
Michelle

A nice, fun, an easy read. A perfect book when you don't want to think too much about plots and storylines. With that being said, a plausible and believable storyline with interesting characters. Yes, you will guess the ending, but who doesn't in romance books?. I will read the next one in the series!
Kat
Jul 03, 2019 rated it liked it
This was okay. Your basic formula romance. Beautiful man and woman fall in lust, then at some point realize it’s love. Misunderstandings pop up, but ultimately a happy ending. Hallmark movie type of book. Fluffy, basic beach read.
Bette Hansen
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Awesome

Humor, small town charm, and quirky characters make this an absolute joy to read. It's well written with a great flow to the story. Definitely one for the must read list.
Julie
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Whenever I want a light-hearted fun book to read, I always check to see if Tracy Brogan has a new one out. I was so happy to see she did! I started it this morning and finished it tonight. Thank you for keeping a smile on my face through out the book and the day. Perfect read for the beautiful day it was! Thanks @TracyBrogan!!
Rebecca
2.5 STARS

This was an okay read. I didn't dislike it but can't say it was memorable either.
Tana
Oct 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Cute love story. Its about young relationships and how they don't work out but we still get through them. Enjoyable read.
Gail
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First time reading Tracy Brogan and it won't be my last. A fun loving romance story about the meaning of family and forgiveness. A very hard book to put down because I had to find out what would happen next. I loved every minute of it and hated to see it end.
Connie
Apr 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
FTC Disclosure: I received this book free from Goodreads hoping I would review it.
Natasha Niezgoda
Oct 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, love-stories
4 stars! Adorable, sweet, and fun!

Emily is back home on Wenniway Island. She returns after 12 years, divorces and with a daughter. She's in need of work and her aunt has given her some home renovation projects.

Ryan, a developer, and his father are in town to renovate and construct some rental properties. By sheer happenstance, Ryan's father has fallen in love with a young (I mean very young) woman. He's convinced this young woman is out for his father's money, and Ryan ne
Sam (AMNReader)
May 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2017, romance
I remember enjoying Brogan's books, but this one was a bit of a slog. Initially, I was hopeful and excited about the romance, but too many side characters and the town as one of its own was where this fell apart.I also stuggle with a piece of the conflict being (view spoiler) I'm surprised I finished this light, yet boring romance this t ...more
K.M. Daniels
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
My Kind of You is funny, thoroughly charming, and brimming with warmth.

We first meet our deeply relatable heroine, Emily, and her preteen daughter Chloe as they are attempting to get to Wenniway Island, Emily's childhood home in secluded Trillium Bay. Life has not been kind to Emily. Flat broke from a house flip gone bad, and trying desperately to shield her daughter from the reality of their situation, Emily has sunk to the last resort of borrowing money from her eccentric grandmoth
Judith
Jan 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Really legit enjoyable read.

If you're looking for a summer read any time of the year this book is definitely a good choice.
The story revolves around Emily and her daughter Chloe. Emily is a divorced mom returning to her childhood home with her twelve year old daughter in tow. Emily went into the house flipping business with her friend, Jewel, in San Antonio and their last venture has not been a good one. It has forced Emily to take a loan from her grandmother, Gigi with the stipulation of
Adriana
Apr 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Emily Callaghan never expected to spend another summer on Wenniway Island. Yet here she is, back in her quaint northern Michigan hometown of Trillium Bay, divorced, flat broke, and dragging along her precocious twelve-year-old. It was her way to pay her grandma back for the loan that had kept Emily from bankruptcy. As a house flipper, Emily made a bad deal that nearly took everything she had. So being back home was not easy for her. To start with, she left home on bad terms. As a teenager, Emily ...more

• The House on Main Street (Apple Valley #1)
  • My One and Only (Ardent Springs, #3)
  • Bird After Bird
  • Close To Danger (Westen, #4)
  • A Hero to Come Home To (Tallgrass, #1)
  • The Color of Light (Goddesses Anonymous, #4)
  • It Had to Be Them (It Had to Be #4)
  • Love & Other Lies
  • The Comfort of Favorite Things (Hope Springs #5)
  • Gimme Some Sugar (Southern Eclectic, #3)
  • Christmas at the Cornish Café(The Cornish Café Series, Book 2)
  • The Marriage Match (Suddenly Smitten, #3)
  • It's In His Arms (Red River Valley, #4)
  • Perfectly Charming (Morning Glory, #2)
  • Falling for Her Bachelor (The Palotays of Montana #1; Bachelor Auction Returns #2)
Bestselling author Tracy Brogan writes fun, funny stories full of laughter and love.

A three-time finalist for the Romance Writers of America® RITA award, Brogan has received two Amazon Publishing Diamond Awards, the Booksellers Best award, and several Golden Quill awards. Her debut novel, Crazy Little Thing, is on the Top Ten Amazon All-Time Bestsellers list. She's also been listed on the Wall St

Trillium Bay (2 books)
  • My Kind of Forever (Trillium Bay, #2)
“she caught a glimpse of flat, tan abdomen, and suddenly she didn’t need coffee. She needed smelling salts.” 0 likes
“A disaster wrapped in a catastrophe sitting on a pile of misfortune.” 0 likes