Start by marking “Final Boarding” as Want to Read:
Final Boarding

Final Boarding

Patrick Baldwin had no idea missing Phoenix Airlines Flight 619 would mean he would live to see another day. The flight he missed went missing itself over the Pacific Ocean, going off radar without a trace or any sign of debris. When the world can't stop talking about the disappearance, Patrick begins to delve into the mystery of the missing airliner in hopes of discoverin ...more
Paperback
Published November 15th 2016 by Mascot Books

Start your review of Final Boarding
Deanna
Dec 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My reviews can also be seen at: https://deesradreadsandreviews.wordpr...

When Flight MH 370 Malaysia Airlines went missing in 2014 like everyone else I was in disbelief...how on earth could a plane just disappear? After reading the description for Final Boarding, I was excited to begin reading this novel.

Patrick Baldwin had always love the sky and airplanes. After a thrilling skydive when he was a freshman in college, he decided to switch his major to aerospace engineering. He wanted to improve the way people trave
Brandon Chicotsky
Oct 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A.J. pours soul and suspense into his writing. As an author and creative, he is entertainment-savvy with a writer's ethic that leaves an imprint. Final Boarding is outstanding! Whenever a book's storyline, characters, and plot development live in the reader's mind throughout the workday--and create an urgency to return to the book--then I know the book is worthwhile. Final Boarding had that impact. Highly recommend!
Bibliophagist_omnilegent
Nov 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
“Patrick Baldwin had no idea missing Phoenix Airlines Flight 619 would mean he would live to see another day. The flight he missed went missing itself over the Pacific Ocean, going off radar without a trace or any sign of debris. When the world can’t stop talking about the disappearance, Patrick begins to delve into the mystery of the missing airliner in hopes of discovering its fate and the fate of his three colleagues who were on board. The deeper he finds himself in this mystery, the stranger ...more
Heather
Oct 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have had the honor of reviewing A.J. Mayers up and coming book, Final Boarding. First of all, I must let you guys know that AJ is a fabulous writer and such a friendly author to work with. I contacted AJ wanting to help review his book and gain some followers and here we are. I hope I have your attention and your reading to see what “Final Boarding” is all about. If you’re ready to jump on board, continue reading below.

“Patrick Baldwin had no idea that missing Phoenix Airlines Fli
Cheryl
Nov 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is one of those books where you need to run not walk to pick up a copy. It is amazing. I was instantly hooked from the beginning. I literally would have to make myself stop reading after my breaks were over at work. On this note: "Don't take this book with you to work as it could cause you to stop working"!

This book reads as if it was ripped from the headlines. This story is a take off the real missing airline, Malaysian Airlines flight MH370 that disappeared in 2014. Thus, the
Susan Ramirez
Oct 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Mayers has outdone himself this time. Final Boarding is by far his greatest work of art. This novel kept me on the edge of my seat, anxious to know the conclusion, and entranced at each turn of the page. This book has all the makings of an awesome movie; and I see it heading in that direction. This might quite possibly be one of the few novels I choose to read twice. 5 stars (ONLY because 6 is not an option!)
Durinda
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Unfortunately it has taken me a quite a while to actually continue reading this book and to finish it. I actually started reading it just prior to us flying to the Caribbean on holiday and it freaked me out because we were about to board a plane!! So I dropped it and only came back to it this week. But all I can say is once I got past my initial start of the book its been a 1 sitting finish. It had me hooked and was unputdownable!!

What a great story line, and very true to what happen
Kathleen Lynam
Dec 31, 2016 rated it liked it
It was okay but a lousy, unbelievable ending.
Colleen
Jan 11, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: fiction, thriller
Beware of a bunch of 5 star reviews! That's the lesson I learned from this plane crash. This book got recommended to me somehow and pleased by all the glowing reviews, I went for it. And not 10 pages in, I had the sinking feeling of a terrible mistake.

There's so many things I can mention, so I'll just have to pick some of my top peeves for brevity sake, but in summation:

description

It's in diary form with a preface letting you know it was found in his cabin years later. And the diary form kills this book. For starters, i
Amy
Dec 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
All of my reviews can be found on www.novelgossip.com

I was totally captured and taken in after reading this blurb, then when I found out that the author was inspired by the missing Malaysian Airlines Flight 370, I was even more interested. It’s hard to fathom how, in this age of technology, a plane full of people can just disappear without a trace, right? There is no signs at all of where the plane crashed, no debris or anything. How is this possible? I can’t imagine being personally affected by this type
Benjamin Odero
Nov 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I will always remember my first flight as a child. The sheer excitement of feeling the plane rise into the air and the gradual sink of my stomach as I would climb higher and higher. It is easily one of the most exhilarating and terrifying experience. A feeling that I felt was replicated in A.J. Mayers’ novel, Final Boarding.

Now, Final Boarding isn’t out until the 15th of November, but A.J. was kind enough to provide me a review copy of his novel beforehand. While I can’t go into too
Lovely Loveday
Jun 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Mayers creates a truly amazing suspenseful novel that will leave you wanting more of this stay up all night, page turner. I found myself completely swept away within the pages, wanting to know what happens next. I found this novel to be a remarkable read with a plot line that is full of surprises and a lot of twist and turns. The main character, Patrick Baldwin misses his flight and later learns that the flight is missing, gone off radar without a trace. While everyone can’t stop talking about t ...more
Jon Brucato
Nov 20, 2016 rated it did not like it
Savannah
Oct 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed Final Boarding - the novel kept me in suspense the entire time. The cinematic style of writing and suspenseful plot really kept me on my toes. As a lover of travel, the idea of a flight going missing without a trace was so captivating. The book definitely appeals to those interested in conspiracy theories and what truly goes on behind closed doors of huge corporations. I would definitely recommend it as a thrilling and gripping novel to anyone!
Lovedreadingthis
Oct 21, 2016 rated it liked it
This is a fast paced journal account of events immediately prior to the departure of Flight 619 and the subsequent investigations and search. I was lucky enough to read an early copy of this book, steeped in mystery and conspiracy as the search continues. Ideal for readers who like James Patterson and Dan Brown, this exciting story keeps the readers attention to the final pages. Definitely a good read!
Charley Garcia
Oct 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was able to have early access to this book because I am currently on his brand team for this book. It's a great read. Full of suspense, this book will keep you reading. I found myself not being able to put it down because I NEEDED to know the answer to the question: #WhereIsFlight619 ?

Great book by a great author. A.J. has the ability to keep the suspense going for all 362 pages of this book.

I would definitely recommend this book to a friend or to anyone looking to read
Alexis Jackson
Oct 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This would not be a book I would normally pick up but I am thrilled I did. Mayers had me on the edge of my seat for the entire book. The twists and turns along with the depth of the relationships between characters was incredible. I was surprised by how invested I felt in the character's lives and romantic storyline. Truly captivating, this is a must read!
Michael
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Final Boarding was impossible to put down. From beginning to end, A.J. Mayers has created a taut and compelling story that always kept me guessing. In a time when aeronautic tragedy seems almost commonplace, this story feels fresh with an added layer of intrigue and mystery. Buckle up and be prepared to be on the edge of your seat for the whole ride.
Devyn Hutcherson
Oct 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow! A.J. Mayers struck gold with one. It held my attention for 362 straight pages! Final Boarding is an adventure for all passengers. You won't be able to put the book down. The book builds up to answering the biggest question...#WhereisFlight619? I had a chance to read this book early and it was an amazing opportunity. I would definitely suggest giving this book a good read.
Alana Doyle
Oct 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Final Boarding takes several unexpected turns throughout the novel. A.J. Layers does a great job of character development as the reader experiences a genuine connection to the book's characters. In the end of the novel, several questions are answered, but many more arise. Looking forward to a sequel!
Jing
Oct 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I got the chance to read an early copy of this book. I normally am a nonfiction reader and this is not my typical genre, but this book blew me away and I couldn't put it down. It's definitely similar to a Dan Brown type mystery. You'll never expect how the events unfold and the secret connections between everyone...
Autumn
Oct 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A.J. WOW so much suspense . This is a must read. The author is very creative in his story telling, It feelsso real Final Boarding is EPIC! Final Boarding is going to make an amazing feature film. I Highly recommend!
Amanda
Oct 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Final Boarding was absolutely amazing. AJ has such a way with words & a writing style that is all his own. It was a page turner from the start. Highly recommended!
John
Oct 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Suspenseful from start to finish!
A.J. Mayers
Oct 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Heather Nicole
Nov 20, 2017
Romulo Faria
Jan 12, 2018
What did you think? 3 9 Oct 25, 2016 06:46PM
I was born and raised in Laredo, TX. Much of my upbringing was surrounded by the wildlife and ranching community of Laredo. While I admire and appreciate the uniqueness of that upbringing today as I came from a family of ranchers, when I was a child I wanted something more. I dreamt of the big city and the world of media and entertainment. At six years old I began scribing in notebooks ideas and s ...more