Start by marking “When the Peace is Gone (A Powerless World #2)” as Want to Read:
When the Peace is Gone (A Powerless World #2)

When the Peace is Gone (A Powerless World #2)

4.32  ·  Rating details ·  518 Ratings  ·  57 Reviews
Librarian Note: See Alternate Cover Edition HERE.

Russ and Anne Mathews made their escape from their home, along with family, friends, and new friends they made along the way. Now, they must build a new life for themselves at the Warren farm, without the luxury of electricity and very few traces of the 21st century.

The problem: there are a lot of people who didn’t prepare f
Published October 4th 2016

To ask other readers questions about When the Peace is Gone, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Willow Brooks
Oct 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
OMG... I could have just slapped Pete for what he did towards the end. I was so mad at Bill and Pete that I had to wait until I calmed down to even attempt to write a review.

This book picks up right where book one left off. I think this story is so good, so real, and relentless on bringing you into the story. I have no patience when it comes to waiting, because there were a few people I felt needed killing right away. Since book three isn't ready yet, I guess I have to wait to know the fate of
Stephen
Dec 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
WOW! Ok, I believe this book is in many ways superior to the first book in the series. Glaspy takes a look at the early days of forming a small community. He addresses waste disposal, farming, security, education, home remedies, essential oils, and a host of other issues. All this is done in the format of an engrossing story. There is comedy and tragedy. We lose some beloved characters and introduce some new ones who will be integral as the series continues. I find Glaspy to be on a par with A. ...more
chucklesthescot
This book picks up where the first book left off. The convoy have settled at the farm with Monroe and Millie trying to ensure that everyone feels welcome and that there is no need for any of them to look beyond there for a safe place to stay. Mike takes charge of security and with Russ, Bob, Brian and Monroe start looking at an old treehouse as a vantage point to watch the road and foxholes as a second line of defence. Lee and his helpers start constructing a bunkhouse for the extra people to sl ...more
Kacule
Feb 03, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book
O něco nudnější pokračování prvního dílu. Až na pár posledních stránek to vypadalo spíš na bio prázdniny na farmě, než na konec světa. Z 8 plánovaných lidí jich tam najednou bylo 24, což je 3x více, ale ono to nevadí, zásob je dost. Ale zase ne pro všechny, jenom pro ty, které budeme chtít do party. Mimochodem, hodně se mi pletlo, kdo je kdo. Nebo mi to pak už možná bylo jedno. Ale nebylo to vyloženě špatné čtení, to zase nemůžu říct. Čekám, co z toho nakonec bude.
Linda
Oct 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book!

I have read several other authors books about this similar subject. But while their books were very good, I want you to know that your books make me want more. I look forward to reading your third book in this series. May God continue to bless you! And may he protect us from the possibility of this outcome. Keep writing!
gilberto padilla
Oct 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great book

Enjoyed the book looking forward to book 3. It is great to see the characters changing and Hardin up fight to protect their family
Connie Nealy
Dec 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Incredible!

This book was so good I stayed up until 3 AM to finish it. It is a series about the aftermath of an EMP. It tells of people coming together and becoming family. These are people that know each other and people that they have just met. But these are people who want to survive and are willing to work hard to do it. It is quite plausible that this could happen. You get so caught up with the characters that it’s impossible to put this book down. Please start with the first of the series b
Kelly Wade
Feb 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good read

I am enjoying seeing the ways this community has gathered and is beginning to work together for the good of each other.
Cherie
Apr 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great sequel¡

Again Ms Glaspy has written a terrific book on a very possible world changing event. The depth of the various characters is excellent. The book has a real life feel to it, and she draws you into the story and the family. I cried with them, laughed out loud with them and was furious when they were furious. And again I am rethinking my level of preparedness. I'm ready for the next book.
Pamela
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very Good book. The story line follows on the heels of the first and makes sense. Writer has the gift of making you feel like you are right there in the thick of things. Looking forward to the next one!
Krisaundra
Jun 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another Great Read

This book far exceeded my expectations. I also continue to enjoy the book being from a female perspective. As a woman with many brothers I am used to the male point of view. Also, the majority of authors in this genre are male. I didn't realize how different the same scenarios could be simply by coming from a female but there are distinct differences, all of which make this an excellent read.
Kelly Burns
Apr 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can really see this happening! There isn't a bunch of sex and killing...just some killing...

I'm looking forward to more!
Bernie
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When the Peace is Gone review

When the Peace is Gone is the second fast-paced post apocalyptic book in the Powerless World series written by author P. A. Glaspy.
David Wood
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book but not enough bad guys getting their just due
Peggy Pancherz
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good book

Read all of the books in order to really enjoy. Characters are realistic and get better and better. Storyline continues to grow and develop.
Ann
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another success!

I have read a bunch of highly rated EMP themed novels, but I have enjoyed only a few as much as this series, with this being at the top of the list. I truly appreciate the female point of view, which is a pleasant change of pace. I'm looking forward to your next installment! Thank you for the thought provoking prose.
Russ
Jun 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good reading

Liked everything about book 1 and 2, can't wait for #3. I enjoy reading, learned at a early age. Good thing my husband's an avid reader.
Julie
Mar 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The author states she wanted to write a book from a woman's perspective, she does a great job of making. her real. She makes her family people you care about,
Donley Helms
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good read

Thank you so much for your efforts on books 1&2. Can't wait to read book3 I really enjoyed it being so current. With out the zombies. But I think maybe a year out from when the SHTF a flare up of measals or the bad mumps that end in sterile ization. Maybe the fear of childhood polio as romance spreads among the survivers. I will it enjoy it thoroughly no matter what you have the characters. Doing
Yours truly. Donley G. P.s. I can stand a little vulger. speech at the appropriatel
Benita M. Williams
better than first book

easier read flowed through storyline. waiting for next book. Need eleven more words to have writing to get rating posted
Patty Mitchell
Apr 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Onto the third book in this series!
Vicky Rowe
Jan 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Even better than the first

The author has put together a fast moving tale that keeps you glued to the pages until the last second. I cheered, I cried, and I boiled in anger. Lots of interesting prep ideas, and ways to reuse things. Keep writing!
Alisa Baker
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this series!

I loved the first book and I loved this one too! I also learned a lot. I can't even imagine the research and knowledge base a person would need to even write a book like this! Waiting for the next installment and the wait is killing me!!
Leslie
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this series!

I’ve read many a book of this type over the last several months and this series really drew me in! From the Prequel to Book 2 I was hooked and felt like part of this family! I have not read any other books that gave the initial encouragement to prepare and to budget for it and why the need to prepare. I hope that alone will help others! Then the details of medicinal herbs and other ideas I have made notes to study more. Looking forward to the next book in this series!!!
Kayelle
Feb 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great continuation to the story and looking forward to the next installment.
John
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great continuation

This was a fantastic continuation from the first book. You can tell the author put a lot of thought into the his book and it's awesome that it is from the point of a women as most of these kinds of stories focus on male leads. Great read highly recommend.
Amy Fairchild
Oct 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Good second installment

Enjoyed reading this a little more than the first. Most of these types of books I read never get to the point of discussing any kind of rebuild of a larger society, so I like her inclusion of that. I read her acknowledgements and I find it interesting that people are criticizing her story line. I can understand if you criticize her writing ability or style, (I admit her style is different and I struggle with it some), but the plot and characters are hers, to make how she w
clinton n smith
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good 2nd installment

A couple of things bug me like the place is only 20 acres and only a few acres are under cultivation, can't feed many people with that. The callens and dotsons supposedly had animals and the author doesn't mention them bringing them. The gunfight was pretty unrealistic and they allowed the enemy to withdraw unmolested. Bad practice all around. Other than the few story quirks I really did enjoy the characters. So few authors in this genre take the effort to give depth to the e
Laura Simmons
Nov 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic -can't wait for the next installment!!

Absolutely love your ability to create a very vivid picture of the story in my head - feel as though I'm in the thick of it as the story unfolds -I read both installments in just 2 days and leaves me greedy for more -anxiously waiting for next year to get here so I can snatch up the next one as soon as you release it -can't say enough about your talent as an author!
Pam Shelton-anderson
Oct 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Good continuation of this series. I like how this group evolves but their lapses in situational awareness drove me nuts. To be fair, I think that is exactly how it would be in a real situation, because "normal" people would not be able to constantly be that vigilant without a long period of adaptation. I just didn't want any of them to get hurt and was sorry when it happened. I look forward to the next book.

A Powerless World (3 books)
  • When the Power Is Gone (A Powerless World #1)
  • When the Pain is Gone (A Powerless World #3)