Start by marking “The Belly of the Beast” as Want to Read:
The Belly of the Beast

The Belly of the Beast

May all your nightmares come true.

Lies. Deceit. Betrayal. These are the weapons of the damned.

For paranormal investigator Ford Atticus Ford, and his partner, Mike Long, the stakes have never been higher as they ready themselves for a supernatural war with the most powerful demonic entity they have ever encountered.

This isn't just about ghosts and things that go bump in the
Published September 26th 2016 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about The Belly of the Beast, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Belly of the Beast

Start your review of The Belly of the Beast
Montzalee Wittmann
The Belly of the Beast (The Graveyard: Classified Paranormal Series Book 3) by Desmond Doane is the third book in this great trilogy. I had to finish this series. I had to finish this creepy series. I loved it. It was scary, creepy, and wonderful. If you like a good scare, this is the series for you! All kinds of hair raising things are in these three books! Awesome!
Lilyn G. | Sci-Fi & Scary |
So close - SO close to being an amazing ending to a great trilogy. ....but I just couldn't buy the big reveal at the end. A little too much.

Full review coming later.
WendyB
Nov 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, kindle
Very good.
The plot jumps around a bit more than the other two books in the series but has a satisfying ending.
Clarissa
Sep 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a must read trilogy! I am a avid reader of horror and the supernatural; I love the thrills of the unknown. Trust me, Its hard to frighten me to the point I won't read a book after dark, but Doane was successful with his excellent writing and well developed characters of scaring the crap,out of me! The "Belly of the Beast" was so scary that I had to leave my Kindle in the family room so that I could get a peaceful night's sleep. You will not be able to predict the survival or demise of Fo ...more
Ieva Strupisa
Oct 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of those books, which might give you chills and probably a bit of nightmares as well. I bought the first book in the series because there was a discount on Amazon and I didn’t regret it. I really like paranormal books – specifically those about possessions, demons and so on. I love watching paranormal horror movies like Conjuring or Insidious. I’ve read also about Ed and Lorraine Warren and their demonologist career (those who do not know – a movie Conjuring was based on one of their investi ...more
Maria
Sep 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
FANTASTIC!!!!!!!

I have long anticipated Book 3 of Graveyard Classified. I was not let down. I will, however, miss Ford, Mike and the rest of the cast. I have thoroughly enjoyed all three books with the wit, friendly banter, fingernail- biting anticipation of what could possibly top this scary scene and human emotion in the way most peoples thought process works. I would definitely put you down as one of my three favorite authors. Thank you for a great read.
Ken
Oct 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

This was an absolute page turner read it in two sittings. The writing is class all the way. Usually when I read books of the paranormal, fiction any way, I am left wanting more. Desmond doane delivers a riveting book. I have read all three of the graveyard series and I highly recommend them to anyone
Russ
Oct 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just WOW

The 3 book series is the best I've read in a long time. I kept reading until my eyes couldn't stay open and I went off to La-La land, hoping I wouldn't have nightmares and scare my hubby to death! As a person of few words, it kept me thoroughly entertained and wanting more!
Oct 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the conclusion to this series by Desmond Doane. This one wasn't as scary as the 2nd book (black-eyed children, no thank you) so I was able to finish it last night before going to bed. Overall the series was a good read.
Tara Wallis
Jan 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome

I read this in less than 24 hours. It was an awesome ending to this series. Although, I hope its not really the end. Seeing a grown up Chelsea fighting demons would be awesome. Also Deanna, did she get away unscathed?
Melissa
Jun 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
These were GREAT books. Seriously. Thank you Desmond/Ernie. It is always a happy surprise to find a "new" author (new to me, anyway). I laughed, I was scared, yeah, the whole gamut. Thank you for sharing your gift.

Melissa
Maryjo
Nov 03, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun!

Last (?) in the series and I'm sad it's over. The characters are fun, the story entertaining. I would absolutely watch the show!
Tiffany Marin
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For “Almighty” Ford Atticus Ford and his partner, Mike “The Exterminator” Long, the stakes have never been higher as they prepare for a supernatural war against the most powerful demonic entity they’ve ever faced. This time they aren’t just facing ghosts and the things that go bump in the night. This time it’s a no holds barred, OK Corral style showdown between good and evil as they face down the incredibly powerful demon that attacked little Chelsea Hopper on their show. And this time, everythi ...more
Lori McD
Rating: MA for scary demonic stuff and mature themes

Hmmm... I'm really not sure how to review this book. It's always difficult when the last book in a major story acr comes out - easy to devour whole without really reading and absorbing it. And I find that I have some definite opinions about how the story will/should end.

I'm not disappointed in the resolution... not exactly. It had me on the edge of my seat, nibblinb my fingers and jumping at every little sound. The story contained seve
Mabel
Dec 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great book, a great subject done in an eye opening way. However,there were 2 section where the writing became confusing for me. I wasn't able to determine who was speaking or to whom. And the other instance, I was confused about where the person speaking was. He was speaking of the lights of Portland as he looked down from the airplane, but he was in his living room trying to help Mike recover from a hangover.
I still enjoyed this book immensely.
Cathy Brittain
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Top notch chills with this one

From book 1 thru 3 his writing had me up at night not able to put the books down. Definitely doggie hugging blanket snuggle cant stop kind of novels. The suspense and characters pull you into their world I cried and laughed with them. And a few moments of bedtime reading scared the pee outta me. Great read..
Robin
Mar 06, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The finale

Belly of the beast was the best of the 3. However, you do have to read the 1st 2 books to understand the 3rd one. All of your questions will be answered. You also find yourself rooting for the 3, Ford Aticaus Ford, Mike and Chelsey. You even begin to understand why they are so driven.
Amy Bubb
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series is awesome

I couldn't put this book down... I started reading it and I actually got mad when I had to stop to sleep, go to work, eat, or go to the bathroom. Very good series!!!!
Jim Kratzok
Excellent book.

This is the final book of the series and it is wonderful. Rather than fade out like some other series do, this book ramps the suspense and excitement levels to even higher amounts.
A. M. Hodges
Sep 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An entertaining trilogy

Just finished this trilogy. Let me say I wouldn't have read all 3 if I hadn't enjoyed the writing style. It was a good way to spend a long, hot weekend. Interesting take on ghost hunting, better than the TV shows, actually. Buddy ghost hunters, yeah.
Todd Joseph
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great final chapter!

A great, fitting ending for a great series. Yet the characters and dialogue are so well done, I can't help but want more... If only the reality TV ghost hunting shows my wife watches were half as entertaining.
Christina Poe
Feb 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow just wow. Intense ride of the imagination. I

I waited with baited breath for this last installment and it did not dissapoint. I am sad its over wish there was more.
Carrie Baumgartner
Enthralling

This series is an attention grabber. I picked up the first one because it was free, but it was so good i had to know so I read them all..I didn't regret it
Amy Ramsey
Sep 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Paranormal Fun

The books were a romp. Nothing serious, except in the growth of relationships between the characters and in Ford himself. Enjoyable!
Lori Franklin Hopkins
More please!!!

What an awesome ending to this seeries. It was such a great ride! All I can say is please, sir, may I have some more???
Lindsey
Nov 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A solid end to a solid trilogy.

My only regret is that I didn't read the final chapters at night and in silence.

Sooziemac McLaughlin
Scarily

Funny. Or actually both scary and funny, full of lovable and awful characters, and an epic battle between true evil and ........
Eh? Sorta, kinda good?
Michelle
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!

I love this story, I love the whole series. Amazing author and story teller, I recommend these books to anyone who loves suspense, and to be scared.
M.P.
Linda Rowan
Jan 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Belly of the Beast" Graveyard Classified

From Linda Rowan on January 22, 2017

The 3rd book of the "Graveyard Classics" series

I strongly recommend that you read "Dark Man", and "White Night", the 1st 2 books of this Trilogy. It is well worth it to read these books in order!

Set aside some time when you won't be interrupted so you can binge read all of them.

The opening paragraph of "The Belly of the Beast" (book 3) sets the mood...

" It’s dusk, in that hazy time when the horizon is minutes awa
Nancy Vaughn
Sep 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfect scary ending

I read a lot of paranormal stuff and it is usually easy to move on to the next thing. However this series scared me, sucked me in and clung to me. These characters were compelling and real. So much so that the wait for this last book was harder to wait for than most. The way the story wrapped up was so good and the last three chapters so exciting I actually had to take them with breaks in between. No spoilers but I will say it was truly satisfying. Well done.

• Dark and Desperate Things (Dark Things #4)
  • Dark and Dangerous Things (Dark Things #5)
  • The Harvest (The Bell Witch #1)
  • Dark and Deadly Things (Dark Things #1)
  • Go Back to Sleep (Dark Corners #3)
  • Dark and Devious Things (Dark Things #2)
  • The Mayhem Children (A Project Specter Mystery Book 1)
  • Dark and Dreadful Things (Dark Things #3)
  • I Have the Sight (Edward King, #1)
  • All the Darkness is Alive (Dark Corners Book 2)
  • The Correction Floor (Dark Corners, #1)
  • Don't Look Back
  • Mandy (Reach for the Dead #1)
  • Cold Shadows (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #2)
  • Voices in the Snow (Black Winter, #1)
  • The Ghosts of Kali Oka Road (Gulf Coast Paranormal, #1)
  • The Purchase