Start by marking “Jailbait” as Want to Read:
Jailbait

Jailbait

3.91  ·  Rating details ·  117 Ratings  ·  46 Reviews
Grayson King is anything but royal…

Pepper Davenwood is the embodiment of class…

They say opposites attract, but what happens when they collide?

Recently released from prison, the only thing Grayson wants more than a fresh start is a chance to prove himself to the only woman he’s ever loved. But with a past he can’t talk about, a criminal record he can’t explain, and the
Kindle Edition, First Edition, 224 pages
Published October 4th 2016 by Black Ink

To ask other readers questions about Jailbait, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jailbait

KAT ⚛ Kitty Kat's Crazy About Books ⚛

TITLE: Jailbait
AUTHOR: Emily Goodwin
GENRE: CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE
CHAPTERS: Prologue / 25 / Epilogue
RELEASE DATE: 06th October, 2016

A slow burning second chance romance..

BUDDY READ WITH: Sonya from ❥Chatterbooks book blog ❥
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

JAILBAIT: Told in 'Dual Perspectives' Grayson & Pepper.
In the 'Prologue' we're introduced to Grayson a recently released convict whose propositioned by a dying mans wish to protect his daughter Pepper.

Pepper and Grayson go way back, two star crossed lovers in their teen
Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥
 photo newreviewbannerfeather_zpspga5dbag.jpg

I love Emily Goodwin and this book was an amazing second chance romance!!! Jailbait is a book full of mystery, secrets, romance and angst.
Pepper comes from wealth but she is anything but a silly rich girl. She doesn't want to follow what society forces her to do and she has a great strength as a heroine.
Her world comes upside down when she sees the man who left a big hole in her heart. Grayson was her only love and now he is back. His mission? To protect her...but from whom?
Passion rekindles b
Melissa Mendoza
Oct 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
“‘I missed you,’ I whisper and pull her mouth to mine. The moment our lips touch, passion explodes. Pepper’s arms go around me and she steps in close, pressing her body against mine.”

Heat Rating:

photo 4 Orgasm Button_zpslila3vr1.jpg

4 suspenseful stars!!! Not at all what I was expecting, but it was worth every turn of the page!

photo 4 Buttons_zpsh19grlob.jpg

This book will draw you in the second you start reading, but be warned it will definitely eat you alive!! It’s emotional and suspenseful, but it’s so well put together! Pepper and Grayson together shouldn’t
Heather
Oct 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
As young adults, Grayson and Pepper were madly in love. Even though they were from two different worlds they were each other’s missing puzzle piece. Then the call came from Grayson’s father, causing him to make an urgent trip to California. He knows leaving Pepper’s bed that night was a mistake but he doesn’t even fathom how much he’s about to lose by following his father’s one request. What happened on that trip ripped these two apart in ways that Pepper never understood.

Now six years later, Gr
M. Piper
Oct 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I devoured this book in less than 24 hours; something I haven’t done in a crazy long time. The depth of the characters was perfect and I LOVE how Pepper wasn’t your typical ‘heroine in distress’. She had a good head on her shoulders which is refreshing to read. When it came down to it at the end (I REALLY don’t wan to spoiler this because you have to read it) I was smiling ear to ear with her brave, no nonsense actions.
And Grayson…. Mmmmm. I can’t say enough about my Grayson King… MINE. That’s a
MillsyLovesBooks
Oct 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
**Reveiw 3.75**

This is my first read from Emily Goodwin so i had no expectations going in. I love a good second chance romance and this is what i got. We have a rich girl/badboy relationship.
Grayson has been to prison and is trying to just get by then one day he get's a call he never expected to get and really doesn't know what to make of it. The Father of the only girl Grayson has ever loved called for his help but knowing he broke her heart he struggles with going back and facing her again. Wh
Paula Genereau
Oct 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh my!!! This book was amazing. Grayson is so dreamy. His life has been a mess and when he gets outta prison he goes after the one woman he loves. But will it cause more trouble or will it be a happily ever after

Emily has out done herself again. I love her books. They keep getting better and better.
M.K.
Oct 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was my first Emily Goodwin book. Let's just say I freaking loved it! This second chance romance between Grayson and Pepper is sensational! An heiress and a former convict. Lots of drama and action packed in this quick read! Highly recommend!
Kendall {Book Crazy}
I've read quite a few of this author's books, but I really want to read them all lol! I decided to continue reading this author's books with this book! I'd had it sitting on my Kindle since it released, but I just hadn't picked it up yet! After reading, I can say that I enjoyed this book! I did think that the relationship between the two main characters progressed too quickly, even though they'd had a previous relationship, but apart from that I enjoyed it! I also think that there was too much s ...more
Kimberly Givan
Jul 06, 2017 rated it liked it

Both characters were frustrating. Pepper was a spoiled princess, I hoped for more down to earth from her but then she'd go shopping or name drop designers. Grey, he could of come clean so many times! But Pepper did overreact to just the smallest part that wasn't his fault so I can't blame him.
Theresa
Oct 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Walking away is never easy...

Jailbait - the title may make you think of underage kids, but while this love story starts with young adults - the term is meant totally different.  Grayson would do anything for Pepper.  And I do mean anything - fight, maim, kill - she is his jailbait.  Because even though he knows with his record he already has two strikes against him, he'll do whatever it takes to protect her.  So don't let the title scare you off.  I loved this story of passion and protection.  T
2OCC Reviews
Shelves: gemma
Wow! This was an amazing read that had a lot of emotion put into it. There was plenty of hot moments throughout the book and there was a lot of heartache in it as well. Jailbait was completely different then I thought it would be and absolutely loved it. The story is told in dual point of view of both main characters Grayson and Pepper.

The main hero of the book Grayson was a recently released convict that was trying to make a life for himself. Grayson was a caring and loving guy that never stopp
Felicia Semmler
Oct 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Greyson

Loved it! Not many authors have the ability to write the way Emily does. No matter the genre Emily grabs you from the first word to the last. Just as emotional as you would expect; it tears at the heart strings and makes you feel.

Greyson and Pepper are not perfect but their story grabs you by the seat of your pants and pulls you along for a fabulous ride!

Greyson has had a rough past; Pepper is the girl next store and by girl next store I mean girl in the mansion next door. Their love is
Jasminn
Cover- 4
Steamy- 4
Angst- 3
Storyline-4
Overall-3.75

I really liked the storyline in this book.
Although, I'm still confused about her dad.
I thoroughly enjoyed reading Jailbait & it was time well spent! :)

Would you recommend this book to a friend? Yes
Does this book have a cliffhanger? No
Is this book part of a series? Nope
Will you read more from this author? Probably
Wendy Livingstone
Oct 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is the first time I have read any of this authors work, and it will not be the last, as she certainly does not disappoint. This is a second chance romance for Pepper and Grayson. This story is a quick read, but is action packed and filled with drama, mystery, secrets, angst, and most of all romance.
I recommend this authors work for all second chance romance lovers, and I look forward to reading more or her work in the future.
Lindsay
Oct 05, 2016 added it
Shelves: edit
Emily's fans are going to go nuts for this one!
Bitches N' Books
Oct 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Title: Jailbait
Author: Emily Goodwin

“‘I missed you,’ I whisper and pull her mouth to mine.  The moment our lips touch, passion explodes.  Pepper’s arms go around me and she steps in close, pressing her body against mine.”

Heat Rating:

photo 4 Orgasm Button_zpslila3vr1.jpg

4 suspenseful stars!!!  Not at all what I was expecting, but it was worth every turn of the page!

photo 4 Buttons_zpsh19grlob.jpg

This book will draw you in the second you start reading, but be warned it will definitely eat you alive!!  It’s emotional and suspenseful, but it’s so well put together
Leah
Oct 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I couldn’t put this book down as I was hooked from the first page until the last! I read the whole book in two days and that was only because I had to work in between (don’t you hate it when work gets in the way of reading ). I’m a fast reader but it’s only when I’m hooked like this I can read a book this quick.
Grayson King and Pepper Davenport were college sweet hearts from two very different worlds. Grayson is the son of a military father turned biker while Pepper is the heiress to a lar
Reading Wahine
Emily Goodwin
I love when characters aren’t perfect and have flaws even though they’re …fictional. Gasp! I know, I wish they were out living their lives somewhere and you could call them up to check on them. Emily just happens to be one of my favorite authors and she didn’t disappoint. This story had a little bit of angst, a few secrets, and whole lotta sexy. Just the way I like em. Pepper is a strong female. Is there any other way to be? She’s sweet, smart, sexy, and still in love with Grayson a
Alecia ~☆~The Staircase Reader~☆~
Jailbait is a second chance romance told from two point of views.

First we have Grayson who was just released from prison and summoned to New York to watch over a dying man's daughter. Then we have Pepper, the daughter of said dying man. Pepper and Grayson have a history. They were once in love until a decision that Grayson was forced into split the happily ever after couple up. Now they are reconnected and the flame that they once had for each other is once again ignited. Pepper, however has iss
Diane plourde
Oct 05, 2016 rated it liked it

I took this book to review because I love second chance romance that had an interesting blurb.

ARC of Jailbait written by Emily Goodwin and reviewed willingly in exchange for an honest spoiler free review.

Grayson has been gone for a few years, leaving behind Pepper without any explications. Now he's returned and brought trouble with him. They are both in danger from a past that Grayson thought was no longer a threat. This is a second chance romantic suspense.

It looked promising when I initiall
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Oct 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
~LINDSEY~
This story completely blew me away for the beginning till the end. This story had so much that made it into such a mind blowing piece of work. The characters, plot, even the secondary characters. This book took me on an emotional roller-coaster that when it ended I was drained. Caiden and Blaire both go through do much for a love that was forbidden and taboo from the beginning. Their love wasn’t one that was meant to be but sometimes what’s right isn’t always the best thing. This story
Juli
Sep 19, 2016 rated it liked it
Michelle Austin
Oct 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing

description

Jailbait was a great 5 star read.

Jailbait pulls you in right from the beginning and you won’t want to put it down. There was always something going on and you couldn’t wait to see what was next. I was emotionally exhausted when I was done. Be prepared.

I felt like Grayson and Pepper were doomed from the beginning but yet fought so hard to be together no matter what. This is a great second chance romance that will keep you guessing at every corner on will th
Book Loving Fairy-Blog
Oct 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mc-romance
Rating: 4 stars!

ARC kindly provided by the author in exchange for an honest review

Pepper Davenwood is the ''princess'' in the elite circle. Grayson King is the guy with the same status as hers but he has always been in love with Pepper- she's his only one. But some unfortunate circumstances come in the way and he disappears from her life without as much as an explanation. Her heart is broken but one can never really forget one's first love, When he comes crashing back into her life, sparks are b
Sarah Dale
Oct 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
⭐I was extremely lucky to receive an ARC copy of this book from the Author and The Hype PR⭐

Another great Author to add to my following list. Another great second Chance romance. The romance was hot and sizzling with electrifying chemistry. I do like it when it's told from Dual POV.

Grayson has been gone for a while and now he's back he wants Pepper but he's brought trouble with him. It makes a nice change when the characters have flaws and aren't always perfect.

Pepper is sweet, sexy, strong and
Wit & Wonder Books
Oct 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
** ARC provided by the author for an honest review **

Pepper and Grayson will own your heart by the time you finish reading this exceptional, fast paced steamy novel about love lost and found.

What would you do when the man you have loved so passionately, so completely, comes crashing back into your life after years of silence? That is Pepper's reality and how she handles herself and the situation is something you are going to have to read to find out !

Emily Goodwin delivers a sure fire HIT wit
Christine Stanley
Oct 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So I've been dying to read this book since the Author announced it was on the way and my lord was I not disappointed!

First off, who doesn't love a sexy male lead with the name Grayson King!?! The name alone is enough for me to swoon never mind all the other characteristics. The character of Grayson was everything I've ever wanted in a book boyfriend and I could not get enough of him.

Then you have Pepper. She may be rich and a different class all on her own, but she was one of female leads I've b
A Hopeless Romantic's Booklandia
Emily Goodwin was a new-to-me author. I do love me a good second chance romance so Jailbait was one I was definitely intrigued enough by the blurb to pick up. I have to admit I was a tinge nervous because her stories are usually darker and I definitely don't go there. This one, however, wasn't - it was a spicy little romantic suspense story.

The first half the book dragged a little bit for me. Though it definitely didn't lack the hotness I was hoping for. But the story was just a tad lackluster.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Emily Goodwin is the New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author of over a dozen of romantic titles. Emily writes the kind of books she likes to read, and is a sucker for a swoon-worthy bad boy and happily ever afters.

She lives in the midwest with her husband and two daughters. When she's not writing, you can find her riding her horses, hiking, reading, or drinking wine with friends.

Emily is
More about Emily Goodwin...

Romance Deals

• Wynn in Doubt
  • Until Harry
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Lethal Consequences (Aegis Security, #2)
  • Things I Should Have Known
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Waiting for the One
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bombshell (Hollywood A-List, #1)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Guardians Of Stone (Relic Seekers, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • All the Secrets We Keep (Quarry Road, #2)
  • Queens of Geek
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Consumed by Fire (Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Off the Record (Record, #1)
  • The Lovely Reckless
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Never Kiss a Rake (Scandal at the House of Russell, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Enslaved by the Ocean (Criminals of the Ocean, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Plain Perfect (A Daughters of the Promise Novel)
  • Love Fortunes and Other Disasters
    $7.09 $2.99
  • On the Record (Record, #2)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
  • The Journey Home
    $3.99 $0.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Losing Control (Kerr Chronicles, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The CEO Buys In (Wager of Hearts, #1)
  • Love, Lies & Spies
  • Faking It
    $3.99 $1.99
  • 'Til the End of Time: A Loveswept Contemporary Classic Romance (Sedikhan)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Where Darkness Lies (Criminals of the Ocean, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Good Girl (Love Unexpectedly, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Immortally Yours (Argeneau #26)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Collection
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Golden Surrender (Viking #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Beautifully Forgotten (Beautifully Damaged, #2)
  • Been Here All Along
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Blue Lines (Assassins, #5)
  • Honor Bound
  • The Way to Game the Walk of Shame
  • One Pink Line
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Redemption (Penton Legacy, #1)
  • Promise Me
  • The Wedding Pearls
    $4.99 $2.00
  • For Every Solution, A Problem
  • Friction
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fountain Of Secrets (Relic Seekers, #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Royal Affair (Royals in Exile, #2)
  • Through the Smoke
  • Finding Bliss
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Rose Garden
    $16.99 $2.99
  • Frozen
  • She Has Your Eyes
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed by His Charm (Dirty Little Secrets, #4)