Start by marking “Freckles” as Want to Read:
Freckles

Freckles

3.89  ·  Rating details ·  726 Ratings  ·  190 Reviews
Carter Embree has always hoped to be rescued from his productive, tragically boring, and (slightly) ethically compromised life. But when an urchin at a grocery store shoves a bundle of fluff into his hands, Carter goes from rescuee to rescuer—and he needs a little help.

Sandy Corrigan, the vet tech who helps ease Carter into the world of dog ownership, first assumes that Ca
Published November 14th 2016 by Riptide Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Freckles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Freckles

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~3.5~

Amy Lane writes edible Christmas stories, stories that make me, an agnostic Jew, all giddy and happy.

My all time favorite is:

Christmas Kitsch by Amy Lane

But there are others that left me with a huge grin on my face and joy in my heart. Or whatever. You know what I mean.

I'm also a devoted dog parent. I have three dogs (large, medium, and small). I j'adore my dogs (ALL dogs). Seriously, I'm the kind of person who makes photo collages of my three fur babies and then casually shows them off in the middle of a business
☆ Todd
Oct 16, 2016 rated it really liked it

This one was all sweet adorability, wrapped up in all things puppy.

Carter is a 33 year old attorney, whose boss loves to push the boundaries of what's legal, while unconcerned about what's actually ethical. So Carter, being a nice guy, isn't happy with his job.

Sandy is a 33 year old vet tech, working toward becoming a veterinarian at night. He has a full, mostly-happy life, but wishes he had someone to share it with.

Then a kid at the grocery store quite literally thrusts a flea-bitten puppy
Gigi
This book is one of the stories in Riptide Publishing's annual charity bundle. From their website:

Each year, Riptide Publishing releases a holiday collection in support of an LGBTQ charity.

Twenty percent of the proceeds of this title will be donated to The Trevor Project.

Founded in 1998 by the creators of the Academy Award®-winning short film TREVOR, The Trevor Project is the leading national organization providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, t
Diana
Nov 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley-arc, m-m
3.5 “ Mr. Fancy Pants Stars”

Freckles is a quick, easy read that will give you the warm and fuzzies, just in time for the holidays.

Carter Embree is just an average guy, working at a job he loathes. He absolutely can understand why his boyfriend of 3 months left and note and cleared out. But that is his life, and he doesn’t see an opportunity to change it. That is until a boys practically throws a dog at him and runs away. What the hell is he going to do with a bundle of fluff?

Sandy Corrigan is wo
Eli Easton
Nov 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this. There were so many cute lines along the way that had me smile or laugh out loud. I adore Amy Lane books when she's being cute and fluffy, and this book was no exception. Plus, I love dogs. The itty bitty Freckles was too stinking cute. Great way to start my holiday book glut fest.
Renée
Oct 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: moderate-steam, meh
~3.5 stars~

This story is a dog lover's dream. A lot of page time is spent on the experiences of a brand new dog owner and the chaos that ensues with it, especially a puppy.

It's at the vet's office where new-doggy-daddy Carter meets vet tech Sandy. Carter is shy and sweet, and completely miserable with where he's at in life. Sandy sees something interesting pretty immediately in the new dog owner.

This one was short and sugary sweet. Carter is vulnerable, doesn't have the best self-esteem, and has
R * A Reader Obsessed *
Complete and utter fluff sure to win big bonus points for all animal lovers.

This is the story of the too cute dog, Freckles, and how she makes big waves despite her teeny tiny size.

Her owner, Carter, realizes there’s more than just the job, and slowly comes to life in all things.

Her vet tech Sandy, finds in Carter someone worthy to actually have that happy ending with.

Lots of sweetness in both human and animal form, as Freckles brings Carter and Sandy together through her huge powers of adorabl
Karen
Nov 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars rounded up to 4 because still no 1/2 stars here on GR and PUPPIES!!!!!

Carter Embree is a lawyer stuck in a dead-end job that he hates...well, he doesn't actually hate the job, just who he works for. Carter's a lawyer with a conscience and with each day he's becoming more and more unhappy with what he sees.

Sandy Corrigan's a vet tech who wants to a vet so at 33 years old he's working full time and going to school.

These two men's lives collide when Carter ends up the unexpected owner o
Ami
Josy
Nov 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Re-read - audiobook

~ 4.5 stars ~

Much better the second time around.
Nick J. Russo once again did an awesome job with the narration.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lots of thanks to my mysterious gifter from the Secret Santa gift exchange!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~ 3.5 stars ~

This was a light, fluffy, and sweet Christmas story about two cute MCs in their early thirties and a two-pound furball aka Freckles.

I was missing the kick in the feelings, though. It's an okay,
Meags
3 Stars

This is a sweet and often quirky little read, one that is perfect for providing happy book vibes this holiday season.

Dog lovers the world over will definitely rejoice over this one. Gorgeous little Freckles is a scene-stealer, for sure. And let’s all take a moment to collectively overdose on the adorableness that is this book cover!
Jewel
Nov 29, 2016 marked it as to-read
The Gallic Cheesy Elf strikes again! Thank you, GCE!!! <3
Ariana
Dec 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christmas
This had me smiling, grinning and chuckling all the way through.
I'm one of those 'dog people' who just go a bit daft when they see a dog.
This is a book revolving around a dog. A tiny little Shih Tzu mixture. And a big tall guy totally falling apart over it. What is not to love? (And even if you're a cat person - this is one you should try!)

Carter is a lawyer who hates his job because his boss is a douchebag. But he has been brought up by a career-orientated mum, who sort of brain-washed him int
namericanwordcat
3.5 Stars

Pour Some Sugar On Me! I love a low angst sweet romance. And we get a puppy.

We have not man whore heroes who are both grown men. One of our heroes is a Plain Joe type which I love.

We have courting and flirting. Its sexy and kind with great side characters. I love the vet clinic and pet store. I love the finding a way to a better life theme.

Oh, my queendom for the exact book that the workers in the Pet Store might be the heroes of.... lol
Aerin
Oct 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, arc
If you ever doubted the fact that Amy Lane can write pure fluff, then Freckles is your proof and you have to read it just to convince yourself. This book is full of fluffy feeling, doggy kisses, and heartfelt puppy love! It should be perfect, right? It wasn't, but I still liked this book for the lack of drama and for Freckles.

Carter is an attorney in his early 30's who loves his job but hates his place of employment and his ethically impaired boss. His boring and workaholic life is suddenly turn
V
Feb 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Audiobooks
Narrated by: Nick J. Russo

OMG this story was adorable, Nick J. Russo was great narrating this story.
Sophia
Cute, fun, and light-hearted holiday romance! Whether one loves animals or not, this is cute, but being an animal lover, made it more poignant and funny. Amy Lane tells this sort of story so well. I was glad to get a chance to re-experience Freckles in audio format where even more nuances to the story came out under the narrator's care.

A fastidious, organized workaholic lawyer is out of his depth the second a kid cons him into the tiny white fluff ball in his hands. This is a dog?
In blind terro
Adam
This is a book written by a dog lover for dog lovers. ‘Freckles’ is the name of Carter’s new dog, a tiny bundle of joy that excels at leaving poop bombs around the house. I’m not a dog owner myself, but I do go gaga whenever I get the chance to pet a pup.

So while I zoned out during the puppy training 101, which takes up a good chunk of the book, I could still appreciate the cute antics of Freckles.

description

The romance plays second fiddle for the first half of the book. Carter and Sandy like each other f
Anja
Dec 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5

Oh my, this book pushed all the right buttons for me, and I adored the eff out of the story and the protagonists. Also, dogs!!!

That's all that needs to be said :D
Karen
Christmas and puppies...it's like a box of happiness...

I first read this story when it was released in e-book format last year and needless to say it was adorable. I'm not going to re-invent the wheel, so I'll just borrow from my original review...

Sandy Corrig
Vanessa theJeepDiva
Nov 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Every time I read an Amy Lane book I wonder why I haven’t already read her entire backlist. Freckles was the same for me. It’s sweet, it’s wholesome, and there was a cozy little love story to go with it.

Life isn’t really simple for Carter. He adds most of its complications on his though so it shouldn’t be too shocking for him that his life isn’t smooth and ideal. Little does he know that this November his life will change completely and irrevocably for the best. His boyfriend has left him as th
Catherine
Oct 23, 2016 marked it as to-read
This cover practically screams "I'm gonna try to kill you with the cute." I mean, just look at that adorable, fuzzy face! How could anyone resist that face? I'm not a pet owner, and even I want to hug and squeeze and love this puppy for ever and ever and ever.
Liz (Bugetta)
This was really cute. Not uber-angsty Amy Lane, which was what I needed. I loved how the romance between Carter and Sandy progressed and I also thought it was fun to see Carter fall for his adorable little dog too and grow a backbone at work. I'd love to revisit these guys. (view spoiler)
I listened to the audio version and Nick J. Russo's narration was great!
Meganjoy
Dec 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Audiobook Read ... I love Nick J. Russo's voice! Actually he is my favorite narrator =)
UltraMeital
This book was somehow too superficial.. The idea behind the story, the characters were a sweet as it could get, and maybe because of that, there was very little to "cling" to. The two MC were a bit "neurotic" but also cute, they were perfect for one another, both looking for the man to spend the rest of their lives with. They wanted to take it slowly then somehow found themselves REALLY rushing it and I was confused as to "what changed". They were great together, they had a good influence on one ...more
Christy
Nov 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars ~ I have been reading some pretty heavy angst and pain recently so I knew it was time to break out Amy Lane for lighthearted romance. What? Amy Lane? Lighthearted? Isn't she the one that has done you in with the emotional drama? For once I can honestly say that Ms. Lane has had nothing to do with my heavy emotional scarring. Ever since I read the blurb and the excerpt for 'Freckles' I've been biding my time until my greedy fingers could latch on to it. Well, that time is now, peeps, so ...more
Alisa
Nov 25, 2016 rated it really liked it

This was a sweet book about two every day guys falling in love. Carter is a nice, uncomplicated guy who just wants to fall in love and be happy. He ends up getting ambushed one night in a grocery store parking lot and ends up with a puppy (& I don't blame him for that at all. I have to actively dodge those people to keep from having a million dogs). He doesn't know anything about pets so he takes it to the vet at the local pet store. (Where Tommy and Jonah from the Johnnies series w
Shirley
Nov 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 adorable stars complete with sloppy puppy kisses. <3

If you're looking for a sweet, adorable holiday read - complete with a lovable, irresistible pup, Freckles will most definitely fill the bill.

Carter was a mess, but not as bad as he thought he was. He worked for an unethical jerk who had no conscience. Carter's conscience was beginning to working overtime however, but he felt guilty and dirty by association. He also did feel worth of someone as sweet and kind as Sandy or as adorable and
Lisa
Its so nice to read a nice uncomplicated, no angst book.
I think this is the type of book that every pet owner can relate to.
Carter is tricked into taking a puppy one evening and what follows is the story of him falling in love with his dog and also of course him falling in love with the vet tech.
Lots of learning how to cope with freckles, his puppy and also learning to love again after his disasterous relationship with his ex.
A great story and an easy christmas read.
Stella ╰☆╮╰☆╮
3.5 stars. A very cute story, sweet and well done but it missed that little something I needed to truly love it. and a little repetitive in some parts. I was waiting for more and I'm just a bit disappointed. That said Freckles was adorable.
Amy Lane dodges an EDJ, mothers four children, and writes the occasional book. She, her brood, and her beloved mate, Mack, live in a crumbling mortgage in Citrus Heights, California, which is riddled with spiders, cats, and more than its share of fancy and weirdness. Feel free to visit her at www.greenshill.com orwww.writerslane.blogspot.com, where she will ride the buzz of receiving your e-mail u ...more
More about Amy Lane

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hearts at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #3)
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Room Mate (Roommates, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Forgiving Hour
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Bright Side (Bright Side, #1)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Chasing I Do (The Eastons #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • That Month in Tuscany
    $6.99 $2.49
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Ghosted
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Billionaire's Final Stand (Billionaire Bachelors, #7)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blackmailing the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelors, #5)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire Falls (Billionaire Bachelors, #3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Runaway Heiress (Billionaire Bachelors, #6)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Treading Water (Treading Water, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Life Next Door (Love Not Included Book 2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Undeniable Love (Journey Of Love Book 2)
  • Bittersweet
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mr. Perfect (Mister, #1)
  • Made for You
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Journey Home
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgettable Love (Journey of Love Book 3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Prom Night in Purgatory (Purgatory, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Dear Aaron
  • Running Barefoot
    $5.95 $1.99
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
  • Impossible Saints
    $22.73 $1.99
  • Hudson (Fixed, #4)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Only a Millionaire (The Sinclairs #6.5)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Elite (Eagle Elite, #1)
  • Kulti
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Soul Summoner  (The Soul Summoner, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • April / May / June (Calendar Girl #4-6)
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • Valorous (Quantum, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tempting Dusty (Temptation Saga, #1)
  • When Never Comes
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures with the Boss (Misadventures, #12)
  • Baby Daddy
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twice Bitten (Argeneau #27)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures of a Good Wife (Misadventures, #6)
  • Calendar Girl: Volume Three
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Love and Other Unknown Variables
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Storm Warned (Grim, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Real Thing (Sugar Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)