Start by marking “The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars, Part Two (The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars #2)” as Want to Read:
The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars, Part Two (The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars #2)

The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars, Part Two

(The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars #2)

Recovering from the fight and furious for revenge, Triple Threats member Tokuga solidifies his ties with the duplicitous Wonyong. Meanwhile, when Republic City’s housing crisis reaches its peak, Zhu Li sets her sights on the biggest public figure in the city—President Raiko—in a bid for the presidency! With her friend’s success, the future of the spirit portal, and the wel ...more
Published January 17th 2018 by Dark Horse Comics

To ask other readers questions about The Legend of Korra, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Legend of Korra

✨    jamieson   ✨
deserved five star just for this moment

I definitely liked this edition more than the first one. The pacing, plot and characters were great. These graphic novels capture the aesthetic and drama of the TV show so well. I love that the creators thought about how they could write these so that they read like the show watches (if that makes sense). This had great pacing, weaving together many stories and plots whilst maintaining funny and interesting character interactions and growth that didn't take
Katie.dorny
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
Kick ass action and more Bolin as well as more cute f/f love and relationships!! Highly recommend to brighten up your day :)
Nicole Duchannes
Sep 27, 2017 marked it as to-read
ZHU LI FOR PRESIDENT OF THE UR 2018
Manisha
Yes, I'm biased, but that doesn't change the fact that this was a great installment to the series. Usually, the middle comic is where the story drops as it is setting up the third and final installment of the trilogy, but that's not the case here. Corrupt politicians, Indian and Muslim representations, romance trouble, supportive friendships and relationships, humour, action, plot twists and intrigue...

What more could I have wanted from this world I love so much?

Okay, I admit it. I miss Naga and
Alexandra Elend Wolf
"Zhu Li, you are the most tenacious, brilliant, inspiring woman I know! The people love you! If you really want this, Raiko doesn't stand a chance."

Whoever tells me Varrick isn't great has not read this.

I love all the female power that we get on this series! Zhu Li wanting to run for president is the most inspiring and wonderful thing. I feel so proud of her.

On other news, things are getting heated with Korra and her opponents and their latest move is bold and I'm kinda in love with it.
The Dyslexic Bookworm
I NEED PART THREE NOW! THIS WAS SO GOOD!!! *sobs in the corner*
Alexis
In this second volume of Turf Wars we pick up right after Korra faces off against Tokuga who is Republic City's latest bad guy and is hell bent on taking over the city and getting revenge on her.

As I already assumed this book is packed with a lot more action than the first one. We also get to see Korra and Asami trying to find a balance between their new relationship and their roles as leaders in their respective fields, which isn't easy since chaos and threats seems to surround them in every d
emma
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars.

This was much more action and plot-centered than Part 1, but just as much fun! Reading these graphic novels really does feel like watching an episode of the show, and I loved how this installment took a little more time to develop the politics of Republic City. It made me especially happy to see much more of Zhu Li!

I can't wait for Part 3 in June!!!
Danika at The Lesbrary
This definitely feels like the middle book of a trilogy (which it is). I looooved part one, but this just feels like a bridge between the first and third books. (Also part one was very Korrasami focused, so of course I liked that more.) I'm looking forward to the conclusion, though!
Natasha
SapphicAThon: Book where the romance isn't the focus
Aleksandra
So good! The comic is a gift that keeps on giving! I love seeing Korra and the squad!

The illustrations are lovely and the plot is going strong, I love wars for powers, both between the gangs and for the presidency. I'm seeing a lot of ideas relevant to our modern society and I'm living for it!
The characters are amazing as always. I love seeing Korra and Asami in their day-to-day interactions, Bolin and Mako are being kickass cops. Special shoutout goes to Zhu Li, who is brilliant and I love her.
Avery TheLibrariansDaughter
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This had everything I have ever wanted.

Korrasami being cute.

Zhurrick being the literal definition of married.

One frame of Kainora which is not much tbh but it's more than we've gotten in years so we'll take what we can get.
Shan( Shans_Shelves) 💜
I loved this volume. Seeing all the characters and their lives after the tv show really makes this something special. Of course, my favorite scenes were the scenes featuring my blessed OTP. Korra and Asami really make a kick ass couple!

The plot thickens in this issue and honestly with that ending, I’m super curious to see how it all wraps up in volume 3.

Overall, another brilliant volume.

Zu li for President!!!!
Devann
I mean I still love the world and the characters and KORRASAMI [and how awkward Mako is lmao] but overall there was just something missing from this volume and I didn't enjoy it as much as the first one. I think part of it was the art style which I thought looked vaguely hurried and unfinished, and also that the plot to me was suffering from 'middle book syndrome' where it just seems like it's kind of a bridge to get from the beginning to the end. But it's still a fun series and I'm looking forw ...more
Ashley
I didn't enjoy this one as much as the first, but I think that's on me this time. The art is still the same beautiful quality, the writing is still true to the characters, the worldbuilding is still impeccable. It's just, this volume happens to feature two things that I personally really dislike in stories. And on top of that there's a cliffhanger!

Number one thing that I don't enjoy in stories almost 100% of the time: stories about gangs and organized crime. I just, I just hate it. I don't know
Jasmine
Jul 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Everything's on fire, everything's terrible, and this isn't a situation we can punch better. WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
milou  ☕️
How can I only ever rate other than 5 stars for this?

I am honestly screaming so hard right now that I'm surprised my upstairs neighbors haven't contacted the police or something. I've been more than excited ever since it was announced that a comic about Legend of Korra was in the making. I wanted more of this incredible world and its character especially since the show ended just when Korra and Asami their relationship had begun.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The first comic focused a lot on Korra and Asami talking openly
Jhosy
Okay ... This part is even better than the first ... How is this possible !?
Tensions are still high in Republic City. Raiko is only concerned about his election campaign and people are anxious for security. He makes the decision to surround the spiritual portal with an army, Korra and the airbenders are against it, but they can't get the president back down on his decision.
Korra, Asami and Tenzin propose that Zhuli be compete for the presidency of the republic city and she promises to think abou
Artemis
'Turf Wars Part Two' is very middle-book, with everything moving towards the conclusion in the next book, reaching no resolution on its own. There is less time for character development, and like the previous volume it is too short! The subplots are many as to make me wonder how each of them will possibly reach a real conclusion later on in such a mini-miniseries. There is less Korrasami as well, as this comic volume is mainly plot-driven (slowly-paced as it appears to be), but they do have a co ...more
TJ
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is so good! It really reads like an episode of the show. Also, Korrasami. 😎❤🏳🌈 5/5 Stars. ...more
Emleigh
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I don't know what to say except that I love all these characters so much (especially Lin Beifong) and I'm near tears at how happy I am to get more of them. The art is gorgeous, and the story is exciting and engaging, and Lin Beifong is a total badass. Also, hooray for my favorite bisexuals!
Zach
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have been left SHOOK again!
Claire G
GAH! Too long til part three!!!!
Connie
May 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbt
asami and korra could punch me in the face and literally all i would be able to do is thank them

also poor zhu li :( she hasn't taken a breath since she met varrick and now she's out here running for president give the woman a BREAK
Courtney
Brandon
Feb 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: scanned, comics
AJ
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I actually liked this one even better than the last. It was funny, well-paced, intriguing... it also set up a lot of things for the next part. AND THAT CLIFFHANGER AT THE END I'M SO MAD.

Also the Korrasami <3 <3 <3
I love their dynamic SO MUCH.
I also love Bolin so much - he's so pure. And Mako has never been my favourite character... for the first season of the show he was actually a character I vehemently detested with every fibre of my being, but his dynamic with Bolin is so great and
Alice
May 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
After Part One gets us nicely settled in Republic City with all our favorite characters and forges a new villain, Part Two takes us back to the vibe that kept the cartoon going.
Every time Bolin shows up on a page I know he's going to crack me up (SERIOUSLY, EVERY SINGLE LINE IS GOLDEN!!) and Mako is as uncomfortable as possible with his mind still wrapping around the new couple. There is a lot more action as the plot thickens.
The female power is overwhelming, I adore it, between Korra's fierce p
Alan
Mar 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
I liked the television show much more than I thought I would (I didn't like Avatar all that much), and so far the continuation of the series in comic form remains of high quality.

The selling point, for someone like me, is the characterization at this point. Sure, I'm a little jaded and expect that our heroes will triumph in the end (and perhaps realize that winning isn't always what it is cracked up to be).

The relationship between Korra and Asami is well handled. The cynic in me also remembers t
Lydia
Mar 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
WOW that was s t r e s s f u l.

Much more plot-heavy and exciting than the first volume. One of my favourite aspects is seeing how vastly the artist, Irene Koh, has improved with her line work. It's so much cleaner and smoother and there's much more space for detail. I'm so proud of her.

How am I supposed to wait till June for this to resolve I can't actually breathe.

THIS IS SO HIGH-STAKES.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Avatar: The Last Airbender: North and South, Part 3 (North and South, #3)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: Imbalance, Part One (Imbalance, #1)
  • The Backstagers, Vol. 2: The Show Must Go On
  • Goldie Vance Vol. 4
  • America #1
  • Sink or Swim (Lumberjanes, Vol. 6)
  • 魔法少女まどか☆マギカ ~The different story~ 下 [Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica: The Different Story 3] (Puella Magi Madoka Magica: The Different Story, #3)
  • Jem and the Holograms, Vol. 2: Viral
  • Runaways #8
  • Heathen Vol. 1 (Heathen, #1)
  • Jim Henson's Labyrinth: Coronation Vol. 1
Michael Dante DiMartino is a graduate of the Rhode Island School of Design. His directing credits include the animated series King of the Hill, Family Guy, and Mission Hill. He is a co-creator of the award-winning animated Nickelodeon series Avatar: The Last Airbender and its sequel, The Legend of Korra. DiMartino lives in Los Angeles with his wife. The Rebel Geniuses series is his debut prose wor ...more

The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars (4 books)
  • The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars, Part One (The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars #1)
  • The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars, Part Three (The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars #3)
  • The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars Library Edition
“The true mind can weather all the lies and illusions without being lost. The true heart can tough the poison of hatred without being harmed. Though darkness thrives in the void, it always yields to purifying light.” 4 likes