Start by marking “Follow Me Back (Follow Me Back, #1)” as Want to Read:
Follow Me Back (Follow Me Back, #1)

Follow Me Back (Follow Me Back #1)

3.91  ·  Rating details ·  3,056 Ratings  ·  884 Reviews
Tessa Hart’s world feels very small. Confined to her bedroom with agoraphobia, her one escape is the online fandom for pop sensation Eric Thorn. When he tweets to his fans, it’s like his speaking directly to her…

Eric Thorn is frightened by his obsessive fans. They take their devotion way too far. It doesn’t help that his PR team keeps posting to encourage their fantasies.

W
Published June 6th 2017 by Sourcebooks Fire

To ask other readers questions about Follow Me Back, please sign up.
Inass El Kaissy
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Jasmine Hale Not on Amazon yet, but if you really want to read it you can find the original version on Wattpad! The published version will be a little different…moreNot on Amazon yet, but if you really want to read it you can find the original version on Wattpad! The published version will be a little different from the Wattpad version though.(less)
Caraval by Stephanie GarberThe Hate U Give by Angie ThomasWintersong by S. Jae-JonesGilded Cage by Vic JamesBlood Rose Rebellion by Rosalyn Eves
YA Debuts 2017
207 books — 1,529 voters
Lord of Shadows by Cassandra ClareKing's Cage by Victoria AveyardCarve the Mark by Veronica RothCaraval by Stephanie GarberFlame in the Mist by Renee Ahdieh
YA Novels of 2017
1,080 books — 7,311 voters

More lists with this book...

Deanna
Jul 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
My reviews can also be seen at: https://deesradreadsandreviews.wordpr...

When I requested this novel, I had no idea it was the first book in a series. So when I finished the book......at first I was REALLY mad. THAT ending! Then I realized it said book #1 after the title (I have no idea how I missed that). So after seeing that there is another book coming, I was feeling a whole lot better. Wow! I just wasn't expecting it to end the way it did.

Tessa Hart spends almost all of her time in her bedro
Aneta Bak
Feb 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, netgalley
All Eric wants to do is release some stress and backlash on some of his fans. What he doesn't expect is a lonely fan named Tessa to understand the struggle he’s going through. The last thing Eric wanted to do was fall in love with her.
Tessa’s only way of coping with her agoraphobia (fear of leaving her room) is by listening to her favourite artist, Eric Thorn. When talking to people in real life becomes too difficult, Tessa turns to social media where she can be completely anonymous and express
I picked up Follow Me Back on a whim, not sure what to expect. A story where an agoraphobic fangirl has no clue the troll she started talking to on twitter is actually the object of her obsession. I always tend to enjoy books told through different formats (police transcripts, DMs, and tweets) as it speeds the plot along. So why not?

The book starts intriguingly with a police interview transcript, so we know eventually something sinister happens. We just don't know what. The story is told from t
Madi (TheBookNerdDiaries)
Edit 6/19/18: THIS BOOK IS FREE RIGHT NOW

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOLY. FREAKIN'. CRAP. I. CANNOT. EVEN. WHAT. WAS. THAT. ENDING. EVEN. I. JUST. CANNOT. EVEN. THIS BOOK WAS SO FREAKIN' GOOD AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

OKay... I have calmed myself down a little... jUST KIDDING THIS BOOK WAS AMAZING.

Okay, seriously. I'm calm now.

I first saw this one on NetGalley and was drawn to it because of the cover. And then I read the blurb. If you've been following my reviews for a while, you prob
(I received an advance copy of this book for free. Thanks to SOURCEBOOKS Fire and NetGalley.)

“Eric Thorn (@EricThorn) followed you”

This was a YA contemporary romance story about a girl with agoraphobia, and a pop star, who fell in love over twitter.

I felt really sorry for Tessa in this story, her agoraphobia seemed really bad, and it was totally ruining her life. I really liked Eric though, even if he was catfishing her.

The storyline in this was about Tessa being a fangirl for Eric Thorn, an
Jasmine from How Useful It Is
About: Follow Me Back is a young adult mystery written by A.V. Geiger. It will be published on 6/6/17 by Sourcebooks Fire, imprint of Sourcebooks, 368 pages. The genres are young adult, contemporary, and mystery. This is the author’s debut novel.

My Experience: I started reading Follow Me Back on 5/17/17 and finished it on 5/19/17. This book is suspenseful! Normally a book with too long of a suspense will lose my interest, but this book has other things going on that kept me turning the pages. Th
Bonnie Shores
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
RTC 😉

description
Laurie Flynn
Jan 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I just finished reading this last night, so my brain is still grappling with all the twists and turns and processing the events of this story. And when I say twists and turns, I really mean it. This one was jaw-droppingly twisty and continually surprising, two qualities I love and admire in a book.

One of my favorite things about FOLLOW ME BACK is A.V. Geiger's ability to create and sustain suspense and heighten the stakes in a complex, nuanced way. The story is told from two perspectives--
Kira's NetGalley Book Blog

Why you should read it: HOLY CRAP! Such an awesome plot!

The ending?

Mind = Blown

I literally cannot right now. What a crazy twist!

OK OK. I wasn’t sure if I was going to enjoy this story toward the beginning because I kept wanting to know what happened to Tessa that made her agoraphobic but as the story progressed, it became less about Tessa’s problem and more about Eric “Taylor” and Tessa sharing their experiences and being able to understand the other person, offering a safe place to expre
Alice-Elizabeth (marriedtobooks)
T/W- Stalking, Anxiety, Taking Pills, Agoraphobia

Follow Me Back is a novel that was originally published onto Wattpad and read by millions of readers. I had this one on mt bookish radar for some time, so was really excited when I grabbed a free kindle copy to read. The main character Tessa has anxiety and agoraphobia and won't leave her house after a life-changing event from the previous year in New Orleans. The only form of comfort is listening to music by the singer Eric Thorn and running a T
Milli (MiracleMilliReads)
O-M-G

MIND = BLOOOOOWWWWWWWN

Usually, I write a little summary with my opinion, but for this one I can't. This has to be one of my new favorites and I can't lie, I was OVERLY SHOCKED by the ending. At the beginning of the story, I felt like it was boring and a bit recommend, but that ending? SUPER SURPRISE. I hope there is another book that explains the ending or the real truth repetitive those events. I behind this to EVERYONE and it is a big lesson to all the naive people who think meeting peopl
Elise (TheBookishActress)
Follow Me Back was a bit of disappointment, sadly, even for a hokey suspense story.

In all honesty, the whole thing just reads like the bad kind of fanfiction. It's full of the worst amateurish writing mistake: the characters constantly telling us how they feel rather than us actually seeing it. While this is certainly an addictive book, I felt unengaged in the story due to mediocre writing. This might have been also been due to the overly fast POV changes. Whatever it was, I immediately realize
Inge
I'm sad that I can't give Follow You Back a higher score, because the story had all the ingredients for a great rating - epistolary parts, a main character with agoraphobia, and a sense of doom hanging over both protagonists. But there were several things that bothered me.

First of all, the way Tessa's agoraphobia was treated. I mean, I just felt sorry for her. Her boyfriend was a condescending jerk who didn't understand anything; her psychiatrist must have gotten her PhD for free with a jar of N
Anna Priemaza
Mar 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
PREPARE FOR A ROLLER COASTER OF THIS:

AND THIS:

AND MORE THIS:

AND LOTS OF THIS:

AND, OH YEAH, MORE THIS:

PREPARE YOUR HEART! GOOD LUCK!
Menia
May 25, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-2017, ebook, ya
3,5 - I AM RATING THE WATTPAD VERSION
I trust the book version will be copy-edited ;)
read it on wattpad, nice story, but at times didn't seem quite plausible,
it was funny, had a romance, had suspense and a bit of mystery, no sex scenes.
the wattpad version took me 8hours to finish it
the book version says will have some new extra scenes and a second book following to end the story,
to be honest I think she should end the story in one book, anyway it's only a personal opinion so,
all in all, it is a
Morgannah
Jan 01, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars
I was clearly not the intended demographic for this book but I still found it heartfelt and I could relate to our main characters Tessa and Eric.
If you intend to read this book I recommend you know a lot about how Twitter works (I had a rudimentary concept) and you should know what the term "Catfish" means.
Eric is a pop star who is clearly modeled after Justin Bieber. I hope the author intended the similarity to be crystal clear because if not she would be insulting the intelligence of
Jordan Lynde
Jan 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
All I can say is.... *SCREAMS*

I received an ARC of this book and the day it arrived in the mail, I devoured it. Like from 9:15PM until 1:30AM devoured it. It's kind of like an episode of Catfish... but way better and with way more anticipation. But before I get too excited, let me point out a few details in case you are a reviewer who is unsure about reading this book.

1. READ IT.

At first glance it looks like a cute heart-warming story about an ordinary girl falling in love with a super star over
Milica's Bookshelf
Wow, kraj je bukvalno WTF?! o.O
Laura Lovely
Aug 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
SOMEONE HELP IM SO CONFUSED BY THAT LAST CHAPTER SOS LOL
TL
Jun 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommended to TL by: Inge
There a few things that seemed over-the-top/weird and some things bothered me (Tessa's doctor for one, I wanted to smack and shake her a few times... it seemed she was written that way on purpose, or with not alot of research?... Some of Eric's attitude irritated me too) but all in all, I really enjoyed this.. it kept me interested the whole time and I was thinking about it when I was away from the book... I'd say that's a win :).

A certain someone was definitely not what I expected... let's just
Thyago | MrsMargotBlog
This book was a great surprise, I wasn't expecting to like it that much.
A very young-adult story, with modern and up-to-date contours and that left me completely hooked, when I started reading the book I had many difficulties in stopping, I wanted to know more and more, I picked up the book several times during the day.
I loved Tessa but even more Eric/Taylor, I think this story is very current, it talks about the world of fame, social networks, catfishing, stalking and anxiety.
And now I'll be ea
falling asleep reading
This book was so much fun!!! It was kind of ridiculous but in a good way. It worked. This is a rare author that actually understands fandom culture and the way kids today actually speak!

The plot twists will leave you shook. Stan twitter—particularly Bieber or One Direction stans—will definitely love this book and relate to the main character.

My only real problem with this book is that I didn't love the way it dealt with agoraphobia. It wasn't portrayed realistically, in my opinion.
Olivia Wildenstein
Mar 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ok... so this was one of those totally addictive reads which I LOVED! But what happened at the very end? What the f@&$ happened??? Seriously, can someone tell me?

Full for review, follow this link: http://www.theyashelf.com/follow-me-b...
Danielle (The Blonde Likes Books)
Teen celebrity Eric Thorn is constantly on edge after another celebrity was murdered by a crazed fan. He's worried the same thing will happen to him, and he feels forced by his producers, manager, and record label into being a teen heartthrob who constantly takes his shirt off. All he wants is to live a normal life.

After a terrifying experience a few months earlier, Tessa Hart has developed severe agoraphobia and won't leave her house. She spends the majority of her time in her room, obsessing o
Melanie (TBR and Beyond)
Holy shit what did I just read?!?!?! OMG that ending! I honestly can't even wrap my head around it yet so I'll need to sit on this one for a couple of days but holy shit! Why do I not have the second book in my hands - I wouldn't have read it till the next one comes out if I would've known I was setting myself up for a torture of a cliff hanger. Good lord!

I will say that this isn't the best written - it comes off like fanfiction really but it's a fun read and the ending making it completely wort
Mandy
May 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
In the words of Eric Thorn,
Whoa

Was I expecting to really enjoy this? No, not really, but this book made me sit down for a three to four straight hours and just read and read and read until I was done with it. And then I wanted to read some more. I’m not entirely sure what happened, but I’m going to try and talk about it in a somewhat articulate manner here.

First off, A. V. Geiger has a wonderful writing style. I liked how she included texts, DMs, and regular ole writing inside t
Zenki the Hermit
Sep 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
In the end, he wanted the same thing they all did. A like. A reply. Maybe a follow back. Some sign of acknowledgment from an account that probably couldn't hear him. Some tiny gesture that told him the words he craved: "I see you... I notice you... I know that you exist... I love you back... I love you too..." Anything to know that his message had been heard by its recipient and not shouted into an empty void.

The plot was very interesting. It's so wonderful how even the contemporary genre ne
Betsy Aldredge
Dec 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I devoured this book and I'm already thinking about reading it again. Without giving anything away, the pacing and characterization is terrific. Like "Kill the Boy Band," this book explores how teen age girls view celebrity crushes, how the music industry manufactures celebrity, and the sometimes toxic nature of social media narratives. Add some dark, twisty turns, a severe and relatable phobia, and fully fleshed out characters and you have what may be the next best thing in YA thrillers. I'd pu ...more
Christina
Jan 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My jaw is on the floor at that ending! Excellent tension and interesting characters. Definitely a unique story worth checking out!
Julie Zantopoulos
Jul 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: own-it, read-in-2017
I am so conflicted about this book and how to rate it. It was such a fast and 'fun' read for me but at the same time I feel like I may not understand it at all. That ending!? I feel like I understand what happened...but do I? Do I really?

Anyway, this is a not what I would call fluffy but it's really not all that complex either. A girl with agoraphobia starts a twitter dialogue with a stranger and things turn out to be not quite what everyone involved expected. It's cute at times and frustratin
Theories and Questions (SPOILERS) 7 54 Oct 07, 2017 10:12PM
  • Even the Darkest Stars (Even the Darkest Stars #1)
  • The Love Interest
  • Empress of a Thousand Skies (Empress of a Thousand Skies, #1)
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
  • It Started With Goodbye
  • The Gallery of Unfinished Girls
  • Kat and Meg Conquer the World
  • When Dimple Met Rishi
  • To Catch a Killer (Erin Blake #1)
  • My So-Called Bollywood Life
  • Sea Witch
  • Cold Summer
  • Shimmer and Burn (Shimmer and Burn, #1)
  • Royal Bastards (Royal Bastards, #1)
  • The Belles (The Belles #1)
  • Gilded Cage (Dark Gifts, #1)
  • Heart of Thorns (Heart of Thorns, #1)
  • League of American Traitors
A.V. Geiger writes contemporary young adult fiction. Her debut novel, FOLLOW ME BACK, is available now from Sourcebooks Fire. Sequel TELL ME NO LIES will release in June 2018. A bonus interrogation transcript with secrets about the sequel is available now for all subscribers to the author's email newsletter. Subscribe here: http://www.avgeiger.com/newsletter

A.V. Geiger is an epidemiologist who sp
More about A.V. Geiger

Follow Me Back (2 books)
  • Tell Me No Lies (Follow Me Back #2)
“I never meant for it to go the way it did. I swear. I just wanted to talk to someone. I didn’t mean to fall in love.” 5 likes
“We always made each other feel better—even when it seemed like everything else in our lives was going straight to hell.” 4 likes