Start by marking “Goddess (Percheron, #3)” as Want to Read:
Goddess (Percheron, #3)

Goddess (Percheron #3)

3.65  ·  Rating details ·  1,061 Ratings  ·  51 Reviews

The city-state of Percheron is in crisis. Zaradine Ana has been captured by the mysterious Arafanz and his desert warriors and is being held in their isolated fort. It is also suspected that she is pregnant with Zar Boaz's son, the heir to the throne . . .

Though Lazar has made it out of the desert, his heroics in bringing the Valide and Grand Vizier to safety have cost

Published June 5th 2008 by Orbit (first published June 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Goddess, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Goddess

Beth
Apr 26, 2009 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I was really disappointed by this book. Throughout the whole series, I kept thinking that it had promise and could develop into something good. But it didn't. The ending was especially bad. I won't post any spoilers, but after finishing the book I was disappointed and angry that I'd spent so much time reading something that had such an unsatisfying ending. It's not just that I didn't like it--it was bad storytelling.

The characters were flat and I never really warmed up to them, but I kept think
Kate
Jun 20, 2010 rated it did not like it
Shelves: fantasy, 2010
This was an enormously disappointing finale to the series, indeed there were a couple of times when I nearly decided not to finish the book. The amazing story promised by book one just never materialised and the book finished with the deaths of pretty much everyone that you had been made to care about in the first two, and so utterly pointlessly and meaninglessly too.

A real cop out.
Nhi Le (The Literary Bystander)
And then we are brought to the end of a series. This is, ladies and gentlemen - Goddess, the last installment in the Percheron trilogy by Fiona McIntosh.

In Goddess, this is really supposed to be the book where shit REALLY does go down. The impending war against Percheron from the enemy Galinsean is drawing closer, the Zaradine (wife) Ana has been kidnapped by religious extremist Afrazana and almost everyone, especially Maliz is drawing closer to finding out who is the next incarnate of Lyana, wh
Janet
Sep 24, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Lowed
Jun 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-read-2011
spoiler alert

PEZ DIED! PPPeeeezzzzz Diieed!! AAAAAAAAAAaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!.......
Oh well, he did his job. And I'm just too sad to make a review now. :(
Corline
Jul 10, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
woww, now I wish I had never started with this series. The first book was oke, but the last was truly terrible. The end is the worst Deus ex Machina ever invented and doesnt make sense at all. It seems as if the writer did not really know how to end it all, so she just opted for the implausible and ill prepared. None of the endings make sense. Please do not start with this series. When I started I thought I could forgive Fiona for her average writing style, but if also the plot is severely lacki ...more
Lauren Auty
Jul 21, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This is one of only three books I've never reached the end of. Slow, clunky and just didn't flow. The ideas were there but they weren't developed and this book felt like it was dragging with events not connecting and just feeling disjointed. I have enjoyed other works by this author but this book felt to me like a bad day at the office.
Jess
Jun 14, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I loathed the ending.
Soho_Black
Dec 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed, used-to-own
Having been captivated by the first two parts of the Percheron trilogy, "Odalisque" and "Emissary", I was eagerly awaiting the third and final part, "Goddess". Fiona McIntosh has created a world full of intriguing characters and having written the first two parts like a chess game, the end game was irresistible.

We pick up the story approximately three months after the events of "Emissary". Zaradine Ana, the wife of the Zar of Percheron, has been captured in the desert whilst travelling to the ne
Leslea
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautifully written with a lovely twist at the end. Some sadness in this last book but such great writing and such a richly woven tale keeps you turning the pages until the end. I had to wait for 2 days after finishing before I felt I could read another book - I just wanted to savour this whole series.
  • The Chaos Crystal (Tide Lords, #4)
  • Song of the Shiver Barrens (Mirage Makers, #3)
  • The Alchemist's Key
  • Darksong (The Legendsong, #2)
  • The Shining City (Rhiannon's Ride #2)
  • The Infinity Gate (Darkglass Mountain, #3)
  • Fallowblade (The Crowthistle Chronicles, #4)
  • The Fate of the Fallen (The Song of the Tears, #1)
  • Stormed Fortress (Wars of Light and Shadow, #8; Arc 3 - Alliance of Light, #5)
Fiona writes best selling historical adventure-romance alongside the heroic-romantic, often brutal, fantasy she built her career upon. She lives in Australia but frequently roams the world meticulously researching the locations and gathering material for her historical novels that have international settings. Her books are published worldwide and in various languages.
Her most recent historical fi
More about Fiona McIntosh...

Percheron (3 books)
  • Odalisque (Percheron, #1)
  • Emissary (Percheron, #2)