Start by marking “The Disasters” as Want to Read:
The Disasters

The Disasters

it was amazing 5.0  ·  Rating details ·  4 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
The Breakfast Club meets Guardians of the Galaxy in this YA sci-fi adventure by debut author M. K. England.

Hotshot pilot Nax Hall has a history of making poor life choices. So it’s not exactly a surprise when he’s kicked out of the elite Ellis Station Academy in less than twenty-four hours.

But Nax’s one-way trip back to Earth is cut short when a terrorist group attacks the
Expected publication: December 18th 2018 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about The Disasters, please sign up.

M.K. England It's too far out to know for certain, but I can absolutely request that it be sent! I love the Teens' Top Ten program (and Rainbow List!), so I'll…moreIt's too far out to know for certain, but I can absolutely request that it be sent! I love the Teens' Top Ten program (and Rainbow List!), so I'll definitely mention them to my editor. Thanks! ✰(less)
War Storm by Victoria AveyardA Reaper at the Gates by Sabaa TahirRestore Me by Tahereh MafiThe Cruel Prince by Holly BlackObsidio by Amie Kaufman
YA Novels of 2018
897 books — 3,046 voters
Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi AdeyemiThe Hazel Wood by Melissa AlbertYou'll Miss Me When I'm Gone by Rachel Lynn SolomonAmerican Panda by Gloria ChaoEverless by Sara  Holland
YA Debuts 2018
109 books — 344 voters

More lists with this book...

M.K. England
Oct 14, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
✰✰✰ Cover reveal and GIVEAWAY! ✰✰✰

The cover reveal is up over at YABooksCentral, and there's an ARC giveaway along with it! --2/5/18

Release date announcement graphic: The Disasters, out December 18th, 2018 from HarperCollins Childrens. The Academy never should have kicked them out. They're about to regret it.

So thrilled you're going to get to meet my space nerds in LESS THAN A YEAR lahsdfkjashdlfjkah

If you want updates, exclusive content, giveaways, and behind-the-scenes peeks subscribe to my monthly Eccentric Orbit newsletter. I'm also on twitter and instagram possibly too much, so come hang out with me there, too.

In the meantime, please enjoy these space babes:

Photo collage, including five characters, a spaceship cockpit, and a crashing spaceship

Signature: M.K. England underlined with a star
Sarah Nicolas
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I read an early version of this book but it is just so much fun! Definitely check it out when it comes out!!
Elise (TheBookishActress)
Sep 25, 2017 marked it as releases-2018
The Breakfast Club meets Firefly... ah yes I'm here for human disasters in spaaaaaaace
Cindy ✩☽ Savage Queen ♔
The cover gives me more of a contemporary feel, but for the most part, I've liked most of the books I've read that takes place in space so I'm willing to give this a go.
Jamie Pacton
Mar 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Space opera! Explosions! Teens racing to save the day! This book is action, action, action. With danger and flirting to boot. I'm a die hard Battlestar Galactica fan and The Disasters was just what I needed.
Clara
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: SFF fans, YA fans, nerds of all stripes
Shelves: ya, fiction, sff
I read an early version of this book and it is FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC. YA space opera about a bunch of f*ckups who try to run away from their problems, fail, and end up having a brilliant, life-changing adventure. It's a clever, delightful space-age coming-of-age story, and you will have so much fun reading it!!
Isabel
Kat
Cynthia
Kyle Kerr
Oct 10, 2016
M.K. England is an author and YA librarian living who grew up on the Space Coast of Florida and now calls the mountains of Virginia home. When she’s not writing or librarianing, MK can be found drowning in fandom, going to conventions, rolling dice at the gaming table, climbing on things in the woods, or feeding her video game addiction. She loves Star Wars with a desperate, heedless passion. It’s ...more
More about M.K. England...

Young Adult Deals

• Things I Should Have Known
    $9.99 $2.99
  • These Vicious Masks
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Hundredth Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Queens of Geek
  • The Lovely Reckless
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Cruel Beauty (Cruel Beauty Universe, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Door Within (The Door Within, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Love, Lies & Spies
  • Georgia Peaches and Other Forbidden Fruit
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Perfected (Perfected #1)
    $5.99 $0.99
  • Allegedly
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Gone Crazy in Alabama (Ala Notable Children's Books. Middle Readers)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Been Here All Along
  • The Way to Game the Walk of Shame
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Season of Fire (The Remnants, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99