Start by marking “Hank Brodt Holocaust Memoirs: A Candle and a Promise” as Want to Read:
Hank Brodt Holocaust Memoirs: A Candle and a Promise

Hank Brodt Holocaust Memoirs: A Candle and a Promise

4.63  ·  Rating details ·  136 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
A Candle and a Promise The Troubling but ultimately Triumphant Memoirs of Holocaust Survivor Hank Brodt

A story of resilience, Hank Brodt Holocaust Memoirs - A Candle and a Promise makes the memories of Holocaust survivor Hank Brodt come alive. It offers a detailed historical account of being a Jewish teenager under the Nazi regime, shedding light on sickening truths in

Published October 3rd 2016 by Amsterdam Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Hank Brodt Holocaust Memoirs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hank Brodt Holocaust Memoirs

Michelle  R. Shea
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A gripping testimonial of one persons will to overcome the impossible

I would recommend this book for just about any reader. If we don't learn from our mistakes we are bound to repeat them. This mans memoirs are very insightful and painful for he was little more than a child forced to work like a man in inhuman circumstances just to survive.
Rebecca Long Howard
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This book broke my heart and poured hope in human nature into those very cracks. I highlighted thoughts on almost every page of my copy, and there were many moments that I just stopped reading to consider. Very well written, in a conversational tone. I feel that if I ever met Hank, I would instantly recognize his voice. Highly recommend.
Mickenzie Jensen
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An amazing story of survival

I have always been interested in hearing the stories of holocaust survivors. Even as a child, I was moved by their stories of cruelty, horror, and survival. I am not Jewish, and none of my friends or family are Jewish, yet I have always been deeply affected by the way people have mistreated the Jewish people throughout the world. As I continue to struggle to understand the cruelty of the hateful, I am constantly amazed at the powerful hope of the survivors of their vi
denise
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hank

Wonderful book! Hank has been through many concentration camps, pain, hunger, loss, beatings, but, still maintained his compassion for other people. I have read many books on the Holocaust, this is one of the best.
If you are interested in the Holocaust I recommend this book highly.
Jeanette D Lucas
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this book. Written very well. Have read lots of holocaust books
and never not surprised by the strength of the human spirit. Every person
alive in the planet should read a holocaust survivors story and would say
that this book is a good place to start.
Laurel Taylor
May 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Tears of anguish and tears of joy

Five stars for the clear and straightforward account of unspeakable cruelty and suffering. Five stars for the uplifting story of Hank, so warm and caring, loving and giving.
Cheryl
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Read this book in one sitting

What an amazing life story of an amazing man! His story and others like it help us to never forget. Thank you for sharing.
Teresa Smith
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amaxing

Beautifully written. It's quiet obvious that the writer adored this wonderful hero! Thank you for allowing readers to discover true strength and hope.
James A. Moss
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book...

A trully inspiring story of one man's struggle to survive during one of history's darkest periods. Hank is an inspiring character...
Betsy
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a well written book about a very terrible time in modern history. Though there are some that say the Holocust never happended this book belies that point. It is written by the daughter of a Holocaust survivor who is now in his 90's but with a wonderful memory of what he went through as a Holocaust victim. Hank describes vividly the inhumane treatment of himself and his fellow prisoners at the hands of the Germansand others from Poland, the Ukraine and other countries under Hitler. It is ...more
caroljordan
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
.Bank as a citizenUnbelievable survival

I enjoyed this story of survival so much. The United States is blessed to have Hank as a United States citizen.
shelliswormonsour
Feb 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Well worth it! Hank Brodt is a tribute to the jewish

With truly horrible circumstances this man maintains his integrity as well as nurturing & and having compassion for others. Simply written by a couragous soul. This should be a mandatory read in high schools.
Pamela Harstad
Nov 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is absolutely incredible. Hank described his early life difficulties, his life in the camps and amazingly became a survivor of the Holocaust. His life after the war is amazing as well. You won't be disappointed. I couldn't put it down. Reading it gave me a whole different perspective on my own life. I hope others continue his efforts on Never Forget and Never Again.
Slyvia Peppenger