Start by marking “He-Man/Thundercats (2016-) #1” as Want to Read:
He-Man/Thundercats (2016-) #1

He-Man/Thundercats (2016-) #1

He-Man and the Masters of the Universe team up with the ThunderCats-the epic crossover event you’ve waited thirty years to see! In his ever-living desire to destroy the mighty ThunderCats, Mumm-Ra quests for a weapon that can rival the legendary Sword of Omens: He-Man’s Sword of Power! But his dimension-spanning scheme kick starts a cataclysmic crisis that will embroil ...more
Published October 5th 2016 by DC

To ask other readers questions about He-Man/Thundercats (2016-) #1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about He-Man/Thundercats (2016-) #1

Start your review of He-Man/Thundercats (2016-) #1
Gianfranco Mancini

This is just the crossover I was waiting for since 30+ years!
Great storyline, good art and nostalgia factor and that awesome final page raised final vote to full 5 stars!

(view spoiler)

I think I just had a nerdgasm reading this!
John
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comic-book
Had a big smile on my face throughout.Nothing not to like about this one.Amazing from start to finish.Cant wait to see where this goes.
Wayne McCoy
Oct 14, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
'He-Man/ThunderCats #1' by Rob David and Lloyd Goldfine and art y Freddie E. Williams II is a crossover that lots of people have been waiting a long time for. I wasn't one of them, but this first issue seems promising.

The return of Mumm-Ra starts the story off. Then we are off to Eternia where we meet a bumbling young prince who is late to a reception in his honor. He doesn't seem to be anything like the hero that we know him as. He hasn't received the belt of power or his sword yet, but they
Jessica O'Toole
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics, 80s
Can't say I didn't get the most enormous kick out of that. Artwork is gorgeous, the big Mumm-ra page is droolsome. Adam is such a little pussy, it's hilarious, until the thing, you know, I HAVE THE POWER! Exactly how I remember it. Plus, yeah, final page is fantastico. I anticipate some showdowny arse-whooping in the next few months. Tygra's still hot - yeah he's a humanoid cat thing, so sue me. All you boys think Cheetara's hot, too. Well, she is, so there.

Bring on part two.
Solace Winter
Oct 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
It was an excellent start, but it seemed to stutter. It doesn't mean I'm not already addicted and can't wait to read the rest, it's just missing something in this first issue that actually brings it together better, but I have hopes.
mike andrews
Oct 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved it. Awesome crossover. Last page is great.
Heather
If you're not well familiar with both He-Man and Thundercats, you'd be completely lost trying to read this comic. I prefer when there's at least a little bit of a summary or introduction to the settings and characters, and that's missing from this comic.

As for the plot, somehow the skies above both Eternia and Thundera open so each can see to the other realm. How this occurred is also not explained, though the ancient spirits of Thundera are to blame for the chaos. As a whole, I found this comic
Karen Hornyak
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned
Patrick
Oct 11, 2016 rated it liked it
This is an interesting crossover story. I didn't watch He-man, but Thundercats I have seen a lot.
Only 3 stars for me. this is the first of six issues and I wasn't in love with this for a 1st issue. I think as the issues come out the story arc will be more revealed, and fleshed out. Solid artwork throughout and we'll worth checking out if your a fan of either He-man or the Thundercats.

I received an advanced copy of this from NetGalley.com and the publisher. .
R.T. Ewell
Oct 05, 2016 rated it it was ok
I did not have high hopes for this due to recent He-Man and Thundercats properties that either is usually not good or just cant escape the old of the properties. I don't feel this story was told well and tried to fit to much in. Also something happens that is pretty unbelievable even considering the source material. Even though I rate this low, will I pick up a second issue, probably. Stupid nostalgia.
Brandon St Mark
Oct 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
And interesting concept, and, like The Death of Hawkman, I foresee the following issues to be better. I really liked the recent reboot of the ThunderCats, and I remember watching He-Man when I was younger and liking it, but I'm not super familiar with either property enough to be super critical of this title. But I can say I did enjoy it.
Dave
Nov 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Very good first issue to set the table and introduce the main characters. Nothing too sophisticated or groundbreaking, but fun. Not sure how the rest of the series will go, but it looks like they're staying pretty true to the source material. The artwork also is right on the money.
Bodea
Sword of Omens, I have the Power!
Full review for all six issues once I've read them all. So far, promising beginning and the art is amazing.
Piero