Start by marking “Timing (Timing, #1)” as Want to Read:

Timing

(Timing #1)

2nd Edition

Timing: Book One

Stefan Joss just can’t win. Not only does he have to go to Texas in the middle of summer to be the man of honor in his best friend Charlotte’s wedding, but he’s expected to negotiate a million-dollar business deal at the same time. Worst of all, he’s thrown for a loop when he arrives to see the one man Charlotte promised wouldn’t be there: her br
Published October 19th 2016 by Dreamspinner Press (first published March 15th 2010)

Cut & Run by Madeleine UrbanZero at the Bone by Jane SevilleHot Head by Damon SuedeSticks & Stones by Abigail RouxFaith & Fidelity by Tere Michaels
Favorite Gay Couples
3,120 books — 3,905 voters
Cut & Run by Madeleine UrbanZero at the Bone by Jane SevilleFish & Chips by Abigail RouxFaith & Fidelity by Tere MichaelsHot Head by Damon Suede
The Best of Gay Romance
3,203 books — 3,312 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Timing (Timing, #1)
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
*Kindle freebie 11/17/16!!*

This book is classic Mary Calmes.

Mary Calmes books are like chicken soup for the gay soul. Perfect men that everyone love, toppy tops and bottomy bottoms, insta love, cowboys, and hot sex- I mean, it is just what the doctor ordered. The perfect M/M pick me up.

However, this isn't my first Mary Calmes rodeo. While I enjoyed this, I also found myself growing a bit irritated at the out-of-nowhere love, the over-the-top gregarious MC, and the sex that was the same time an
Susan
Oct 08, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

AUDIOBOOK REVIEW 1/10/2016

2 Stars

I'm still figuring my way around this whole audiobook thing. The majority of times, I listen to books I've already read...and that's been working for me. It's a new dimension to the story.

Now here's a new lesson I've learned: DO NOT listen to a narration of a book where one of the characters is a TOP 3 BOOK BOYFRIEND. HEED THIS WARNING! Why not? Well, when a character is that beloved, it's risky-as-f*ck to hear someone put a spin on him. And well...it's likely
Gigi
Hello 2nd edition cover boy Rand!

LOVED! Recommended!

Damon Suede
Jul 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I 've read this charming book so many times and (for some reason) have never sat down to review it properly... This is the book that made me a fan of Mary Calmes and one I return to often.

This is easily one of my favorite M/M romances ever written, showing economy, precision and fierce sexuality that rewards multiple rereads. Mary Calmes has a (well-deserved) reputation for writing delightful contemporary gay romance, and in truth this book may be the best single expression of her many talents f
Wendy

I absolutely love Mary Calmes' writing style. More often than not it is ott, ridiculous and one of the heroes always seems to be worshipped by everyone. It's what I call classic Mary and I adore it ! Which is why I also own the paperback version and why I re-read it all the time... It's like a comfort food that never fails to make me feel better.

Gerelateerde afbeelding

What Jory is to the Matter of Time series... Stefan is to Timing fcc37b1805a49c13a3f7d3d50b64ed47Just like everyone else in this book...you can't help but love him 1heart   (Jory is still my
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
It's official.....

I. AM. IN. AN. MM. BOOK.

That's two DNFs in a row. And I haven't loved the few before that.

DNF @ 41%

You know, I actually quite liked this one to begin with. The premise was interesting. Stefan and Charlotte are long-time BFFs. Rand is Charlotte's brother. Rand and Stefan seem to hate each other.

I usually dig the whole enemies to lovers thing.

Too bad they went from enemies to lovers faster than the speed of light.

IDK, I just didn't buy it.

And after a while Charlotte and Stef
Susan
Re-read November 2018
One of my favorites of Mary.

---------------------------

A few things I learned from Mary Calmes' books.

- Mary Calmes does NOT like condoms. I’m sure she has a latex allergy or she is traumatized by a bad experience. Because no one is using them in her books. There is always some excuse as to why they should skip it, even the first time together. Come on, let’s just have unprotected sex NOW!

description

- One of the characters is a man with such charisma that everyone likes him, all the ti
BWT (Belen)
ETA: BTW - Can I just gush over the new cover for a minute? I love it so much!

The sheer number of times I've reread this series makes me have to bump it up to 4 stars. Damnit, but Stef and Rand get me every time.

Stefan is damn-near perfect: he's gorgeous, has inexhaustible charm (even when he's being sarcastic and snarky), everyone loves him and wants to touch him and both men and women want to be with him. His ineffable beauty and personality effortlessly wins over parents and strangers alike.
Dia
4,25 stars

My first book by this author and I couldn't get enough. I really loved this one! I've read it in one sitting. The action was engaging, the characters were great. Loved the chemistry!!! Looking forward to reading the next book!
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Mar 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, lgbtq
What's not to love about this? Nothing.
Denise H.
***** Yeee-Haaah ! ***** I got more than I expected here!
* Stefan is going to the wedding of his best friend, Charlotte, in Texas. His boss wants him to work a negotiation for him while he's down there, so he'll do both.
Blonde haired, green-eyed Stefan is in his late 20s,

very handsome, and gay. Stef has gotten along with Charlotte's family, for the last ten years, he helped put her through college, and much more, but he'd not gotten along with her brother. He and Rand do not get along. Once
Abigail
Jun 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: listened-to, m-m
4.25 The look on his face, like I was just endearing and mesmerizing all at once, it was too much for me to resist. I stepped into him, my hand around the back of his neck as I eased in close and lifted up for the kiss. Stars.
Kissing
“Aw, for crissakes,” I yelled hoarsely, holding him in my arms. Who actually fainted at the sight of blood?

Stefan and Rand have been enemies for years, taking each and every opportunity to annoy and shame each other. When his best friend, Charlotte, is getting married, her
Ingie
Written September 26, 2014

4 Happy Stars - Super Über Sweet & Yummy Joy

I'd not read that many Mary Calmes (just three) and they might not been my favorite books neither, but nice, smexy and all "heartwarmers". As Heather said so well and wisely in her 3 stars review:
‘Mary Calmes books are like chicken soup for the gay soul. Perfect men that everyone love, toppy tops and bottomy bottoms, insta love, cowboys, and hot sex. I mean, it is just what the doctor ordered. The perfect M/M pick me up. ’
Jenni Lea

Best Buddy Read Ever with my pal Red!

The following review contains instances of squeeing, swooning and fangirling. May cause bleeding of the ears and eyes to roll right out of your head.
PROCEED WITH CAUTION!

I have read this book so many times, y’all! Seriously. I think my latest count is eleventy kajillion and one. This is my go-to comfort read. Whenever I have a book hangover and I need to cleanse my palate for my next read, I read this book. When I finish a particularly dark or depressing bo
Julio Genao
Not a good book—but I enjoyed the hell out of it anyway.

Clumsy murder plot, BUT!!! smoking hot main characters.

*gestures in cranky bewilderment*

Too short by half, and fun, fun, fun.
Rachel
Jul 09, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
I read this book in two days. It is a stupid book. A stupid, stupid fun book. I have to hand it to Mary Calmes - she had me with this one. I rolled my eyes, I groaned, but I couldn't put the book down.

Let's start with the cover. Whoever designed this cover has a sick sense of humor that I respect or they should just be punched in the face. Probably both. I saw this cover time and time again bouncing around Goodreads and every time I thought, "Nope" and kept on scrolling. But, apparently sociall
Tara♥ {MindforBooks}
1st read - 12 June to 13 June 2015
2nd read - 19 February to 20 February 2017

__________________________

Rand though!!

I'm not sure I even like Stefan but Rand? Jesus!!

__________________________

"Scream my name, Stef... scream loud."

My first Mary Calmes.

I think I picked a good one because... RAND!!!

I have a bit of a cowboy thing and Rand is the perfect cowboy and he owns being awesome and hot and bossy and hot and just unf...

Yeah it's a bit silly and Stef doesn't always come across well but it's j
Kat, short for Clara

Mary, Mary, Mary...

I just... This was... I mean... But the...

*gives up*

*head explodes*
Barbara➰
Typical MC:

Possessive, obsessive alpha asshole wants perfect, everybody loves gorgeous guy.

I eat this shit up.

I love how Rand didn't care about anybody finding out he was gay or in love with Stefan. He just went with it. Of course, Stefan is perfect but he belongs to Rand. I'm looking forward to more of these two.
.Lili.
Feb 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m

I am soooo happy to be out of my slump!!!

photo image.jpg1_zpsuwfrxlcz.jpg

Timing by Mary Calmes just pushed all the right buttons. This was a hot, romantic, with a sprinkle of mystery enemies to lovers story.

What I loved:
*Rand.

Loved. Everything. About. Him.
*Stefan. What can I say I loved him too.
*The secondary characters. Great family.
*As I'm sure you've gathered- the smoking hot sex.
*The relationship between Rand & Stefan. LOVED the build up.
*The friendship between Charlotte and Stefan.
*I prefer a dual POV but being only in
* A Reader Obsessed *
3.5 Stars

You know what?? Mary Calmes has a formula. It is consistent, it is expected, and I don't think I fully appreciated it until now. But I get it. I embrace it.

So this is a perfect example of what many of my peeps call "Calmes crack".

Take one popular, beautiful and coveted gay man. Add in a supposed straight, tough alpha. Mix and shake and toss and you've got a sexy, over the top, ridiculous romance that just works. Every time.
Valerie ❈M/M Romance Junkie❈
I have no idea what it is about the Mary Calmes version of over the top cray cray that makes me love it so much. Seriously, it's like her books are dipped in the strongest, most addictive drugs known to man. I can't get enough. I loved this the first time I read it, and that continues to be the case now. I love Steph and Rand (Jory/Sam, Jin/Logan, Nathan/Dreo, Cyrus/Weber, etc...). I love the dynamic that Mary creates. Mary's books are my crack. I am not ashamed.
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***4.25 Stars***

"Do you wanna be my home?"

"It's all I want."

I've finally popped my Mary Calmes cherry! And hot damn, it was good for me!

I've heard so many great things about Mary Calmes' books and have been told that her writing is like good street crack....and well, I have to agree! There's something easy breezy about her writing. It flows effortlessly and engages you from the very first page.

Stefan and Charlotte have been best friends since meeting freshman year in college. Stefa
Jenni Lea

I so needed this comfort read!
Emma Sea
Jul 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: odd-couple, cowboy
No review, as I could substitute the review for any one of Calmes's other books. Don't care. Loved it.
Vivian
May 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Back on the crack! The Calmes crack. Schmoopy and ridiculous, but so good. There's no understanding why this trope-laden Hallmark meets Lifetime book is enjoyable, but it is.

No shots were drunk, I lost the Emma game link and it's more fun to play while the DH is on travel. Otherwise, sitting, doing shots of booze alone while reading looks suspect.

COVID19 Bingo: Enemies to Lovers
Thanks, Brooke!
Meags
4.5 Stars

My first ever Mary Calmes book was a raging success!

I literally couldn’t put it down.

Granted, this was fairly corny, with a really strong insta-love feel to it (regardless of the fact that the two MCs have known each other for over 10 years – there coming together still felt very sudden and unrealistically intense).

But you know what?.... I loved every single minute of it!!

The characters were great fun. I pretty much adored everyone, except for the big-bad, because reasons! Rand may hav
Isabel
What can I say? I love Mary Calmes's formula, I do! We can see Jory/Sam in this book, but in a different location, with different names, but here they are: incredible handsome man, everyone wants him, and the man he loves, one hell of an alpha male, powerful, possessive, beautiful, and that is completely in love with him.

And the sex scenes... (view spoiler) amazing!

Even being the same characters/different plot, I loved it!

["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br
Smokinhotbooks K.C.
Read Full Review Here

I was doing what I normally late at night (scouring Goodreads for my next man love book) when I came upon this gem. Some reviews were good others were just okay, but as I closed my eyes and listened to my inner m/m voice it said. “Do it KC. Buy it NOW” (surprisingly my inner voice sounded a lot like George Takei.)”

Have you ever read a book and it just worked on all levels: humor, drama, tension, well timed dialogue and sexy scenes. Charlotte and Stefan have been BFF’s since
Renée
4.5 stars for this reread. One of my Calmes favs. Rand and Stefan are perfection together.

• Nowhere Ranch
  • Promises (Coda Books, #1)
  • Cop Out (Toronto Tales, #1)
  • Red Dirt Heart (Red Dirt, #1)
  • Muscling Through
  • Caught Running
  • I'll Be Your Drill, Soldier
  • The Tin Star (Ranch Series, #1)
  • The Backup Boyfriend (The Boyfriend Chronicles, #1)
  • The Last Thing He Needs (The Last Thing He Needs, #1)
  • How to Vex a Vampire (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes, #1)
  • Inside Affair (Prime Time, #1)
  • Crossroads (Crossroads, #1)
  • Rule Breaker (Mixed Messages, #1)
  • P.S. I Spook You
  • Faith & Fidelity (Faith, Love, & Devotion, #1)
  • The Rebuilding Year (The Rebuilding Year, #1)
  • Knight of Ocean Avenue (Love in Laguna, #1)
Mary Calmes believes in romance, happily ever afters, and the faith it takes for her characters to get there. She bleeds coffee, thinks chocolate should be its own food group, and currently lives in Kentucky with a five-pound furry ninja that protects her from baby birds, spiders and the neighbor’s dogs. To stay up to date on her ponderings and pandemonium (as well as the adventures of the ninja) ...more

Timing (3 books)
  • After the Sunset (Timing #2)
  • When the Dust Settles (Timing, #3)