Start by marking “Shadow Reaper (Shadow Riders, #2)” as Want to Read:
Shadow Reaper (Shadow Riders, #2)

Shadow Reaper

(Shadow Riders #2)

#1 New York Times bestselling author Christine Feehan continues her sexy new series, as the Ferraros—a Chicago crime family—use their power as shadow riders to protect their empire and the ones they love…

Published May 30th 2017 by Jove

To ask other readers questions about Shadow Reaper, please sign up.

Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
DNF at 25%

This writing style is sadly not for me. Too much insta everything and I think I made a mistake by jumping into this without having read the previous book because I struggled to understand the world building. The writing is a little too stuffy and purple prosey for my taste and ultimately what made me stop reading. Sometimes a book just isn't for you, and sadly this one definitely wasn't for me.

ARC courtesy of publisher in exchange for an honest review

Find me on:

Findme.
ARC
Follow me on facebook Follow Me on Twitter blog
KatieV
I liked it, but I thought the first half was stronger than the second. At first it was a solid 4, but the ending seemed rushed with all the revelations coming at once. I also thought it was a bit odd that the heroine wasn't quite as worried sick about her brother as I would have assumed. He seemed like more of a plot tool to get the hero and heroine to meet and I wasn't satisfied with the resolution there.

As I've mentioned before, I'm weary of Feehan's chapter long sex scenes. Honestly most sex
Beth
Shadow Reaper was fast, fun and full of some really steamy romantic scenes.

Ricco, playboy, racecar driver has become a serious topic of concern with siblings. Recently, he barely survived a deadly crash and they aren’t sure he did it on purpose.

Mariko’s brother was kidnapped and the only chance she has at saving him is to carry out the worst crime by a Shadow Rider, kill another Shadow Rider, Rico.

Unfortunately for the both, they are destined mates. Rico must uncover Mariko’s secrets before it’s too late. Whi
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Jun 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: didi-reviews

Shadow Reaper is book 2 in Christine Feehan’s Shadow Riders series. Ms. Feehan has built an incredible, original, intriguing and sexy world with the Shadow Riders series.  I do strongly suggest you read bk 1 to get a better understanding of the Shadow Rider’s world.

Ricco and Mariko are both strong individuals with horrible experiences in their past, I felt they were perfect for each other. Their chemistry was intense and each provided the other with something that they needed to start moving on from their
Lover of Romance
This review was originally posted on Addicted To Romance

What a wild ride this book was and NOT what I was expecting. I really wasn't sure how this one would compare with book one which I fell in love with. In Shadow Reaper, we have Ricco's book. Ricco is a bit of a mystery, s
1-Click Addict Support Group
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Secrets, lies and love…

The Ferraro family are back! Was I stalking the shelves, haunting my kindle? Well, yes, but for very good reason! And Ricco and Mariko’s story is it!

“He wanted Mariko there with them. His woman. He just had to find a way to seduce her without being killed.”

Their stories are complicated. Painful, full of blinding grief and hurt, they both have lived their lives in the shadows of haunting events from years ago. Their coming together is shrouded in sexual tens/>
Lynsey A
Just saw the trailer for this book on Facebook and it was really good. The acting wasn't terrible either. LOL I enjoyed the first one and after that trailer am looking forward to this one.

***After Reading***

I enjoyed this second addition to the Shadow series. I really love the idea of this series, with the Ferraro's family's ability to ride shadows and dispense justice. It makes for very interesting reading.

This is Ricco's story. He was sent away to Japan to b
Joan
May 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shadow Reaper is the second book in Christine Feehan’s Shadow Riders series. I have been anxiously awaiting this book since the announcement that it would be Ricco Ferraro’s story and this book more than surpassed my expectations. Shadow Reaper is an outstanding follow up to the excellent first book, Shadow Rider. The main characters in this story are Ricco Ferraro and Mariko Majo and these two take the reader on an exciting, action-packed, romantic ride.

Ricco has been carrying and k
Hart's Reader Group
I enjoyed the first book in this series much more.

This book had such promise, but that potential soon turned to boring, repetitive narrative that didn't draw me in so much as it made me cringe.

If I had to read: "the ropes were an extension of him" one more time, I was going to throw my Kindle across the room. Come on, Christine! You're better than that! You can come up with a better way of saying "he's really good with tying ropes." While the plot nugget of Shibari is a n
Kelley
May 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shadow Reaper - The second book in the Shadow Riders series. Ricco has a dark edgy side that you found in Shadow Rider and you knew you wanted to find out why! Here is your chance.

What I truly love about this series is the absolute sense of family ties for the Ferraro clan, from the siblings to the cousins and the ties to the neighborhood and how they all matter. The respect they all have for Stefano and the love he clearly feels for his brothers and sister.

Ricco has been carrying a dark secre
Krissys

Cover Rating:

Book Rating:

Buy This Book:

Reading In Pajamas
✦Review & Giveaway: SHADOW REAPER (Shadow Riders Series, Book 2) by Christine Feehan http://wp.me/p3d0RZ-8RS
►Enter Facebook Giveaway (Paperback Copy of SHADOW REAPER) ➢ http://bit.ly/2qjlFcI
Publication Date: May 30, 2017
Genre: Romantic Suspense/ Paranormal Romance
Reviewed by: Reading in Pajamas/ Donna
Rated 5 Stars

Wow! I loved this installment in the Shadow Riders series. It started fast and never let me up for air. Wild, heart thumping action; tempered with a sensual and hot romance. Ricco is a hard man
Tanya Davis
Jun 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shadow Reaper is the second book in The Shadow Riders series. This is Ricco's story. He's been hiding a secret for many years about his time in Japan. Each Rider, at some point during their young life, is sent somewhere to train for a few years while living with a host family. Ricco spent some years from about the age of twelve, training in Japan. The incoming Riders and female Riders were not treated well by the instructors or other children. Then there comes a night where Ricco's life comes crashing ...more
Cyndi
May 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
I am really loving the Shadow Rider series, which is the newest series from Ms. Feehan. This is the second book in a series that looks to span the entire family (a book for each of 5 siblings, at a minimum). The first book, Shadow Rider, was a wonderful introduction to the family members and the shadow riding concept. What I really loved about this second book is that we got a much deeper look into the global shadow rider community and the size of it, the rules of and players in that community, ...more
Holly
I enjoyed the first book more. This one was slower paced and didn't hold my attention as much. I really like the Ferraro family, along with their neighborhood. I liked the heroine and her backstory, but the romance wasn't as exciting.
ValerieC
Jun 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

I skipped most of the Shibari scenes because... no interest.
The action scenes in the book are very good.
If there is another one, I will read it.
Sandy S
May 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.25 stars—

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date May 30, 2017

Billionaire playboy Ricco Ferraro knows no other life. Being a shadow rider is in his blood - but so is a haunting desperation stemming from the secrets of his dark past. His recklessness puts not only his life at risk, but also the future of his entire family. To save them all, he must find a woman who can meet his every desire with a heat all her own...

Just when Ricco has given up hope, he meets her - a mys
Libby Harrison
"I’ll stand in front of you, beside you or watch your back."

Barb Lie
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shadow Reaper by Christine Feehan is the 2nd book in her fantastic Shadow Riders series. Having read just about everything by Christine Feehan, I am amazed that this series is quickly becoming my favorite. I love the first book, Shadow Rider, and I must say that Shadow Reaper was equally great. I am loving every moment of this series. Now to my review. 🙂

A quick refresher on Shadow Riders:. Shadow riders have the ability to blend themselves to the shadows wherever they are, making the
Keri
Very well done and I couldn't put it down. I so hope that Elle and Val's book is next! I need to know their history.
Sam~OTT Alpha Male Addict~
Very disappointed 2 stars from me

I loved the first book, but this one was so difficult to finish. I felt no connection to the H/h and the Shibari theme did not interest me at all.

With Feehan's writing style, you have to be fully invested in the story to finish. If you're not, it's gonna drag on forever. Her novels are long and intricately worded and I admit I don't read 2 Feehan novels right after the other; I just don't have the energy for it.

This made me sad because I was looking forward to
TJ
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was ok
This book spent so much time exploring Asian erotica that it completely lost the actual story - what there was of it. 2/3 sex, 1/3 story rather than the other way around just isn’t my cuppa.
Minx
Shadow Reaper is the second book in the Shadow Riders series and I love the characters from this series. The Ferraro family, they stick together through thick and thin. There are even the cousins from New York who are willing to jump in whenever help is needed. I just love the sense of familia that I get whenever I read a book from this series!

In this story, Ricco Ferraro has been having a bit of bad luck lately. The kind that keeps almost killing him. Since his last accident, Ricco
Kristin
Jul 01, 2017 rated it liked it
The world that the author has created is definitely an interesting one. This is the second book in the Shadow Riders series and it's just as entertaining as the first. In this installment we get Ricco's and Mariko's story. Ricco is perceived as a billionaire playboy in the media. He always has a new girl on his arm every time he's spotted. His family is viewed as some sort of mob, and to a degree they kind of are. They are shadow riders and they take their job very seriously. They seek justice f ...more
All Things Urban Fantasy
Jun 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed-by-kate
Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy.

With SHADOW REAPER, Feehan has managed to improve a series I already enjoyed. The part I liked, the sexy and dark vibe, was maintained, but the main characters felt more realistic and not so over-the-top. Also, the very original world continues to grow, and I find myself looking forward to all of the Ferraro siblings' stories!

Ricco was sweet and definitely a dominant character, but without the ridiculous levels of stubborn and bossy that c
Romance Between The Sheets
I loved this book from beginning to end. Christine Feehan has a unique way of drawing you in and capturing your attention. I could barely put this book down to sleep. It had me guessing and every time I thought I had it all figured out the characters threw something else at me.

Ricco was everything I thought he would be. Everyone thought he was a reckless playboy that only had eyes for fast women and fast cars but there was so much more to him. In book #1 (Shadow Rider) Stefano warns
Graylark
Feb 17, 2018 rated it liked it
I liked this for the most part.

But:
- The rope art bored me
- It felt like it dragged some towards the end
Jessica Robbins
May 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, own-print
For complete review check out my blog at https://booksaplentybookreviews.blogs...
Dana Alma
May 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shadow Reaper billows with the erotic and tantalizing! Feehan delivers once again another intense story driven by intrigue and passion. Ricco's story takes the stratum of romance to new heights. Feehan weaves cultures and ethnicity with flare. The plot thickens in the series as we learn more about the powers the Ferraro family possess.
I can't wait for more!
Heather
This is the second entry in the Shadow series and I truly think that it is necessary for you to read the first book in the series to know what is going on in this book. In fact, even though I read and truly enjoyed the first book, I wish that the author would have spent more time explaining the role of the Shadow Riders and their abilities. Instead, she left it to readers to remember everything from the first book. And frankly, if your an avid reader, you may have read lots of other books since ...more

• Fated Absolution (Aaron's Kiss, #6)
  • Ante Up (Sin City Collectors, #3)
  • The White Lily (Vampire Blood #3)
  • Bittersweet Magic (The Order, #2)
  • Deja New (Insighter, #2)
  • Trancehack (Magic Born, #1)
  • A Cast of Shadows (Araneae Nation, #2.5)
  • Vengeance Moon (Earth Witches, #2)
  • Sex and the Single Vamp
  • Red Wolf (Shifters Unbound, #10)
  • Galilee Rising (Galilee Falls Trilogy, #2)
  • Owl and the Electric Samurai (Adventures of Owl, #3)
  • Dark Hunger
  • His Ruthless Bite (Scandals With Bite, #4)
  • Heroine's Journey (Heroine Complex, #3)
  • Hammer of Angels (Shadowstorm, #2)
  • Fangs for Nothing (The Fangover, #2)
  • The Phoenix Illusion (SPI Files #6)
Christine Feehan is a #1 New York Times bestselling author multiple times over with her portfolio including over 70 published novels, including five series; Dark Series, Ghostwalker Series, Leopard Series, Drake Sisters Series, the Sisters of the Heart Series and Torpedo Ink. All of her series have hit the #1 spot on the New York Times bestselling list as well. Her debut novel Dark Prince received ...more

Shadow Riders (4 books)
  • Shadow Rider (Shadow Riders, #1)
  • Shadow Keeper (Shadow Riders, #3)
  • Shadow Warrior (Shadow Riders, #4)
“It wasn't about a women's weight, it was about who they were, if that brightness shone through their eyes and skin and hair. Ricco found beauty in art. Women were a form of art. All shapes and sizes. All body types.” 2 likes
“Fear wasn't the problem, she could deal with nerves, it was the excitement welling up in her that frightened her most. The unfamiliar emotion was too strong. Too needy. Too everything she was unprepared to deal with.” 1 likes