Start by marking “I Feel Worried! Tips for Kids on Overcoming Anxiety” as Want to Read:
I Feel Worried! Tips for Kids on Overcoming Anxiety

I Feel Worried! Tips for Kids on Overcoming Anxiety

3.75  ·  Rating details ·  8 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
The I Feel Worried workbook provides simple, actionable and proven tips to help kids manage anxious feelings. In this workbook, your child will learn: that anxiety is a normal and sometimes necessary emotion we all experience;
Published March 20th 2016 by How to Make & Keep Friends, LLC

Be the first to ask a question about I Feel Worried! Tips for Kids on Overcoming Anxiety

Sandra
Nov 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Written in the form of a guide, this book definitively looks like an appropriate tool for kids who have trouble controlling their unjustified worries. It starts thoroughly explaining what worrying is, how it is also known as stress, fear and anxiety, what are the symptoms we experience when we worry, how it is useful to worry when we are in danger since it make us to take action, but how it can be a problem when the worry doesn't have any other function but make us feel bad.
This explanation is
Ryan
Dec 21, 2016 rated it it was ok
I like the idea behind this book, but find it incredibly wordy, and has a high vocabulary level. Which is at odds to it’s layout as it seems geared towards a younger audience. It seems like it should be a workbook for 1st through 3rd grade. I can see where this book would be useful to some kids, but it would not be one I would recommend quickly off the top of my head. Plus I would put something about the Worry Ninja in the title.
Magy
Dec 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
More and more often teachers are facing challenging issues in their classrooms with fewer and fewer resources to help. One issue that I've seen a lot of in recent years is childhood anxiety. I Feel Worried: Tips for Kids on Overcoming Anxiety is a great resource for teachers (or parents) to help students who struggle with anxiety. The book gives background information about "worry" and provides ideas to help children identify what they're feeling, why, and how to deal with it.

In a time when tea
Katie Simmons
Jan 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful book for children and their parents to use together to help reduce anxiety and worry. The games could even be played by the children with a school councilor, social worker, or therapist for them to explain why their feelings more fully.

This book helps explain ways to change though processes when worrisome events happen, or how to give yourself time to adjust to changes in the daily schedule.

I personally think that this book would be good for anyone of any age to help with
Jessica
Dec 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, kids-nonfic
This book is phenomenal and I want to give it infinite stars.

These coping strategies are super effective in maintaining healthy thoughts and a normal life. I think it's fantastic that we're giving children these tools to manage their anxiety at a young age, so that as they mature and their stressors grow, they will have solid defenses built.

Some of the text may be a little dense for younger kids; I recommend you read this with your kids if they're on the littler side.

This is a must-have for libr
Jeimy
Jan 24, 2017 rated it did not like it
I bailed more than halfway through.
Dawn
Feb 10, 2017
Julie
Apr 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
The tone of the book is written in an informative and nurturing manner. I enjoyed that the book was interactive and included a journaling component. This text gives solid definitions on stress, anxiety, fears and so on. Whether it's simply to read or it's being used as a workbook the various descriptions, examples, scenarios and included coping skills give many opportunities for the reader to reflect.

* I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Sarah Peterman
marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2016
Ingrid Wang
marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2018
1 follower
Nadine Briggs, Director of Simply Social Kids in Tyngsboro, MA, a division of Simply Social Skills, LLC, is an accomplished social educator. Nadine has expertise and certifications in bullying and cyberbullying prevention and sibling relationships (Sibshops). She has dual graduate certifications in Coaching Children & Teens and Coaching Children & Teens with ADHD. Her training includes col ...more
More about Nadine Briggs