Start by marking “Just One Bite (Dances With Werewolves, #1)” as Want to Read:
Just One Bite (Dances With Werewolves, #1)

Just One Bite (Dances With Werewolves #1)

3.76  ·  Rating details ·  162 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
Rosie has met the man of her dreams... Or could it really be her nightmares? After fabulous sex, he suddenly disappears. He re-enters her life in time for her to discover he's being forced into a shotgun wedding.

Kindle Edition
Published October 24th 2016 (first published 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Just One Bite, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just One Bite

Carmel (Rabid Reads)
Nov 21, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: werewolves
I fell for the cute cover, and because Nora Snowdon’s humoristic writing style is supposedly comparable to that of Dakota Cassidy’s whose werewolf books I’ve enjoyed in the past. To my disappointment, JUST ONE BITE was neither funny nor quaint. Lucas had already accumulated three strikes by the halfway point, so when Rosie continued to pursue a romantic relationship with him after that, I was done with both of them.

You’re probably wondering how one man could manage to irreparably screw up his ch
Barb (Boxermommyreads)
Nov 30, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016
I'll be the first to admit I requested this from Netgalley because despite the fact that a lot of people find paranormal romance cartoony book covers to be cheesy, I find them pretty endearing and I couldn't resist this one. Also, a series called "Dances with Werewolves" is one I almost have to explore.

Rosie is a quiet, hardworking gal who is constantly overshadowed by her friend Eve, is is always picking up random guys searching for Mr. Right. One night, Rosie meets the gorgeous Lucas and can'
melissa
Dec 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
A fun, quick paranormal romance.

Are the characters perfect? No. Lucas is pretty much a jerk and it's pretty formulaic with the manipulative super bitch trying to sabotage the true love couple. But, it's a fun little escape for awhile. Lots of silly little jokes along the way, but still delivers some of the steamy goodness.

*Digital review copy provided by NetGalley and the publisher.
Becky Burciaga
Mar 12, 2017 rated it liked it
A quick, quirky read with enough humor, romance, and fantasy to be fun. The cover art captured my attention immediately, but the characters carried the story, making this a quick read. Some may not care for the premise of the story, and I'm not usually a Sci-Fi/Fantasy genre fan, but the way the characters were well written, drawing me in and keeping my attention from beginning to end.

This book was provided by the Publisher and Netgalley, I am voluntarily providing my honest review.
Maggie Devine
Nov 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Okay – this adorable book makes me want to go out and kiss the closest, largest, cutest, shaggiest dog ever, in the hopes he turns into my Prince!
This is a really great read – and a fast read – because I couldn’t put it down. “Just One Bite” is a cute yet sexy story about the trials and tribulations of dating in the modern age and how sometimes, you are just lead by your heart, or instincts. Nora Snowden puts a funny twist on werewolves and in this case, he is a shaggy stray that follows our He
T. Mitchell
Feb 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love At First Sniff is a fast-paced read full of humor and wit, like only Nora Snowdon can deliver. I loved the playful romance between Lucas and Rosie, which at times got really hot and heavy. This is a unique spin on werewolves, showing the lighter puppy dog side, while still reminding you these supernatural canines have a dark, primal side. Love At First Sniff is a quick read that not only leaves you wanting the story to continue, but also has you wanting your own werewolf after meeting Lucas ...more
Jacqui Nelson
Mar 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Werewolf Romance like you've never read before! Nora Snowdon knows how to spin a great story. Most heroes and heroines run into their share of problems, but you have to read this book to see the twists and turns Nora can dream up when she turns her incredible wit to a werewolf story.
Tashia Jennings
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Delightful

Fast paced, delightful paranormal read with a sexy alpha werewolf and a sweet loving gal looking for Mr. Right. But is Mr. Right a one night stand or forever?
Nadine
Jan 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. It was very cute. Once I have the money I'm planning on buying the rest of the series.
Marsha Spohn
Reviewed at Haunted Bookshelf

Just One Bite is a funny, quirky, sexy and just plain fun romantic comedy paranormal style. It’s a novella, under 100 Kindle pages, but please don’t let that stop you from discovering an enjoyable couple who happen to have the craziest luck.

Rosie is out with her friend doing the bar scene, even though she doesn’t particularly like to be here… at least she’s out of the house, and who knows, maybe she’ll meet someone fabulous. Yeah, right. She catches a whiff of a del
DelAnne Frazee
ASIN: B01LXR6X5R
Reviewer: DelAnne
Reviewed For: NetGalley
My Rating: 4.5 Stars

As a starter to a new series, Just One Bite is a true winner. Leading with humor and more than a few hearty chuckles this story grabs your attention from the very beginning and has you
Angela
Nov 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was really cute and very sexy with some great humor too. Rosie is the kind of girl that I could relate to, someone with a boring job, a not-perfect body, and who's afraid to put herself out there. Lucas is very yummy. He's hot and handsome but not a growly alpha like you see in so many werewolf stories. He's a very giving lover and their sex scenes together are very steamy without making the book into erotica. He cares for her and is quite loving and tender--the perfect boyfriend. Of course ...more
Jan 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book; this is the first book in the Dances With Werewolves series written by Nora Snowdon. Lucas finds in Rosie everything he's ever wanted in a mate. Only problem is, she's human. His werewolf parents want him to marry a nice girl with a fur coat, but the woman they've chosen is a bitch in more ways than one. When his fiancée Annabelle accidently bites Rosie she is thrown into a whole new fuzzy lifestyle. This is a great book with a wonderful story and well developed characters. ...more
Jackie
Nov 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
3 & 1/2 stars generously rounded up.
Over all, this quirky little werewolf story was cute. There were a few places that could have been filled in with more info (background or just to the story itself), & the ending felt a bit rushed & too easily everything is solved. It flowed pretty well over all, & held enough world building to not get a reader confused. Held my attention & entertained me for a quick read.
Jena Hess
May 17, 2017 rated it it was ok
Like all short novels there are good ones and there are eh ones. This one was an eh ones. I am all for a short quick read if that truly what it is. But when the author tries to cram a whole story into less than 100 pages its sloppy. This would have been a great story if it was longer and the author allowed for better character development. Feels like it was thrown together to create a buck so to speak. MIGHT consider reading the next one if its longer and I need something different to read.
Keri
Nov 18, 2016 rated it liked it

3 STARS - I LIKED IT

This is a cute story. It has the feeling of being a little amateurish but is fairly well developed for the type of book it is. It is simple and the ending is a little rushed but it is still a cute read. If you're in the mood for a light, fluff, PNR then you might enjoy this one.
Eating Between
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ths book had everything I look for in a Rom-Com- Snark, Laughter and of course steamy love scenes with just the perfect amount of sex not over done. I would recommend this book to any reader who loves a read that makes you smile and for those who love theirs books to have a paranormal touch to them!

Find the rest of my review here-
Rachel
Aug 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
It was alright, an entertaining novella to read during lunch to take my mind off the piles of things to tackle when I got back to work at the office.
While I didn't actively dislike Nora's writing, her style didn't really crack me up like I was hoping it would.
I don't think I'll be reading anymore in the series, folks. Just not my cup o' tea.
Nanc
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very good short story with great characters. Fun, fast paced, sexy, and a nice HEA. I really enjoyed reading this story and will read more by this author.
Jewel Prescott
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Nice romance

I enjoyed the plot and characters. The characters are well written. I look forward to reading more in this series.
FicCentral
Jan 05, 2017 rated it liked it

Our Rating:

Right around the time Rosie has a one-night-stand with the most amazing man, she’s also befriended on her morning jogs by a stray dog that seems to always be waiting for her. But her perfect man isn’t so perfect after all, as she finds out he’s apparently engaged, soon to be a father, and not entirely all human. Things just got a little crazier than she bargained for.

But… It’s no secret that I’m not a fan of novellas, and had I realized Just One Bite was one, I probably would have s
Tammy Nitschke Sokol
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!!!!!

I love Dakota Cassidy's books, so, I gave this one a try. Truly lovely!!!! Fun, laughs, lighthearted, and a great romantic read.
Carrie
Dec 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: calibre-library, 2016
This quickie read really packs a punch! The combination of humor, romance, and sizzle were just right. All of that rolls up into a book that had me begging for more!

Rosie isn't one to just dive into a relationship, but it seems like that's who she wants to become after meeting a hot stranger at a club. Who knew that one dance could shake up her world so much? It doesn't hurt that he appears to be as smitten with her as she is with him. Oh, and the chemistry is off-the-charts hot! Things seems to
Keoki Ki`Ili
Feb 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
After just one dance

Lucas meets Rosie at a bar, neither one can get enough of the other, each other's scent is addictive. To bad Lucas has enemies and one is out to make sure Rosie's life is forever changed. Good thing Lunas is there to help.
Review copy from Netgalley.

This is a cute, little novella length book about romance and werewolves, although I think the romance itself is the main focus.

Rosie is single and she wants to find a partner, but she doesn't have much success. Then she meets Lucas and the adventure begins.

Lucas also wants to be with someone he loves, but his family does not accept humans. Despite this, Lucas falls for Rosie.

There are a couple of explicit sex scenes, which is why I put this book under Erotica genre.

Th
Latisha Bramlett
I liked the characters and the storyline. Rosie and Lucas make a cute couple. Rosie has a one night stand with Lucas only to find out he is engaged with a pregnant fiancee....sort of. She hates him now and he can only see her in his wolf form...Lucas is a werewolf. He doesn't know if she will accept him or not and relationships with humans are forbidden.

I found this story to be a bit short and not fully fleshed out. Their romance seemed rushed, even for a paranormal one and some secondary story
Keri
Nov 15, 2016 rated it it was ok
Ok, it would have been nice to know this was a novella length story, as I was slightly disappointed it wasn't a full length book. I think with more pages this story could have flowed much better, but it wasn't terrible. I didn't feel much of a connection between Lucas and Rosie, but again that's because of the short nature of their joining. All in all this has the potential to be a sweet little short series and I'd pick up Roberts book bc I want to know how she works his problem.
This was a adva
Dec 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was given this book by netgalley in exchange for my honest opinion.
It's a page turner, definitely. I didn't put it down till I finished it. It's fast-paced and a bit short for my liking, but enternaining all the same. Lucas seems like a nice guy although a bit in denial at first. All in all, high five!

Briana Warner
Jan 23, 2017 rated it liked it
bought on accident thanks to my son one clicking it... wasnt bad but its not my kind of book... i dont really know how to review it since i didnt really care to buy it anyway... oh well i killed 3 hours with it...
Angie Hackett
Feb 01, 2017 rated it liked it
This book isn't as good as I hoped it would be, for me anyway. It flowed well enough but I found no depth of character and that it all seemed just a little rushed. I spent most of the book thinking 'huh?' and came out of it thinking well that was a bit meh. No interest in following the series tbh.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

Dances With Werewolves (3 books)
  • First Bite is the Deepest (Dances With Werewolves, #2)
  • Big Girls Don't Bite (Dances With Werewolves, #3)