Start by marking “Three Weeks Dead (DI Hannah Robbins, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Three Weeks Dead (DI Hannah Robbins, #0.5)

Three Weeks Dead

(D.I. Hannah Robbins 0.5)

How far would you go if someone took your wife?

Especially, if you buried her a week ago.

Published October 14th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Three Weeks Dead, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Three Weeks Dead

Start your review of Three Weeks Dead (DI Hannah Robbins, #0.5)
Hans
May 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sally is new to the job and doing really well. This is a weird prequel story. Especially after reading what happened to Sally in book 1 of this series.
Gary
Jul 07, 2017 rated it liked it
This is my first read of a Rebecca Bradley book and a good introduction to the DI Hannah Robbins series. This novella was a good, quick entertaining read that not only gave me an insight into the authors style but convinced me to read more of this series.
The novella has an unusual plot where a dead wife is kidnapped and her husband Jason Wells is prepared to go to great lengths to retrieve her body. Good strong characters, unusual plot but maybe a little too short for my taste.
Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede
I was lucky to get this short novella from the author to read. I have not read Shallow Waters the first book in the series and that Three Weeks Dead is a prequel to. But, I found no problems getting into the story.

In Three Weeks Dead, we get two POV. We have Jason Wells the husband to the kidnapped dead wife and then we have DC Sally Poynter, a young and inexperienced policewoman. Both are faced with troubles of them own, Jason with the moral dilemma of doing the right thing, not giv
Linda Strong
Oct 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley-2016
Jason Wells is a grieving man. Someone has taken his wife and is threatening to
let dogs eat her. Even though she was buried 3 weeks ago, the thought of that
gives him chest pains. He wants her back where she belongs .. in the cemetery.

"They" say that they will return her .. BUT... they want something first. It
all has to do with his work ... and if caught taking the information out of the
work place, he can and will be not only out of a job, but he will be sent to
prison.

The question is ...
Fictionophile
We join the protagonist DC Sally Poynter as she has just been recruited to the Major Crime Unit of the Nottingham Police. Still insecure and feeling her way, she is attempting to settle in with the team.  Most are welcoming, including her DI Hannah Robbins. There is one who is not so welcoming, in fact he is absolutely antagonistic, and that is the arrogant and misogynistic DC Gordon Slater.

Sally's first big case involves a grave robbery.  Young Lisa Wells, dead as the result of a tr
The Book Review Café
Oct 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
I have read both books in the Detective Hannah Robbins series by Rebecca Bradley, and I found them both to be gripping reads, so there was no way I was going to miss the chance to read Three Weeks Dead, even though its prequel novella. If I’m honest I’m not a huge fan of novella’s as I feel they are to short to get a feel for the characters and the plot is usually rushed, but I’m pleased to report that Three Weeks Dead isn’t like that at all.

It’s certainly an original plot a wife is
John
Apr 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Software genius Jason Wells recently lost his beloved wife Lisa to a car accident. Now he's contacted by criminals who've removed her body from its grave and promise to feed it, piece by piece, to dogs unless he steals from his employers a copy of a new code designed to thwart ATM thieves. As far as Jason sees it, he has no choice.

DC Sally Poynter, a newbie in the department headed by Bradley's series hero DI Hannah Robbins, is tasked with, among other things, being the cops' primary
Col
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: b, 2017
Synopsis/blurb….

How far would you go if someone took your wife? Especially, if you buried her a week ago. When Jason Wells is faced with this scenario, he is confronted with the prospect of committing a crime that will have far-reaching consequences. Can young DC Sally Poynter get through to him before he crosses that line, or does a desperate husband prove to be the case she won’t ever forget? A prequel novella, set before Shallow Waters, the first in the DI Hannah Robbins series. F
Tony Parsons
Apr 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
DC Sally Poynter (Nottingham’s MCU), & DI Hannah Robbins had attend Lisa Wells open casket funeral.
Jason Wells (32, widower, SHIRO computer software development co.) had received an anonymous phone call.
Lisa was alive. But the party wanted something else in return.
Major Incident Room. DC Poynter, DI Robbins, DS Aaron Stone, DCI Anthony Grey, DC Gordon Slater, & DC Martin Thacker were all in attendance.

Detective Superintendent Catherine Walker started the meeting.
Will Lisa be fo
Noelle
Oct 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was given this novella from the author, in exchange for an honest review.

I really enjoyed Shallow Waters by Rebecca Bradley, so when given the opportunity to read and review this prequel novella…well I bloody jumped at the chance!

Set in Nottingham, we see questions being asked – what would YOU do?; grief; relationships and ethics all being examined in the pages of this story.

For a novella, this story was fast-paced and full of twists with a great opening cha
Nerdish Mum
Oct 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2016, ebook
I have never read a Rebecca Bradley book before, but that did not affect me reading this as it is a prequel to her DI Hannah Robbins series. I actually think this is a great jumping in point if you've never read her books before to get a feel for the characters. After reading this I will definitely be moving on to read her other published work in the series.

The story follows new recruit DC Sally Poynter as she gets involved with her first case on the major incidents team and as she tries to fin
Jackie Roche
Oct 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I would like to thank the author for giving me the opportunity to read this in exchange for an honest and open review.
I have read Shallow Waters and Made To Be Broken so I jumped at the chance to read this prequel. Although it is a novella it has the feel of a novel.
This introduces new detective Sally Poynter and portrays how it must feel to try and fit in with an established team.
I could feel Jason's emotions as he struggled to come to terms with the death of his wife. At time
Romi || Romi Reads
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks
Short review, because this novella was only 81 pages long.

But in those 81 pages, a lot happened! It definitely didn't feel like a short story. Three Weeks Dead was well thought-through, what also came back in the acknowledgments. Rebecca Bradley is a retired police detective and she asked a doctor for advice on the medical parts of the story. Lisa, Jason's wife, didn't just die [not a spoiler] in a car accident, but a couple of days after because of medical issues. All of this made
Denise
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Emma
Oct 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Are you looking for a quick read that packs one heck of a punch? Well congratulations lovely reader, you’ve just found it. I cannot recommend this novella enough – it’s a stonking read that grabs you by the scruff of the neck and doesn’t let go until the very end. Particularly with that absolutely brilliant opening chapter!

Jason Wells receives a message telling him his wife has been kidnapped. Jason Wells’ wife died three weeks ago. (Yes, you read that right…Jason’s wife died three w
Kelly-Jo Sweeney
Oct 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a great read from Rebecca Bradley. Although this is linked to her DI Hannah Robbins series, this book is a prequel and focuses on DC Sally Poynter.
Sally is fairly new to the team and is struggling to find her place in it, she is also struggling to juggle the work life balance, with pressure from her husband to spend less time working. Although, this is a prequel, and if you've read the other books in the Hannah Robbins series, you do know what is going to happen, it doesn't really detr
Stephanie
Oct 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Having read and enjoyed the first two books in the Hannah Robbins series I was pleased that Rebecca Bradley had published a novella that was also a prequel to the other books. I have read prequels to an established series before but from memory this is the first that focuses on a different character. In this case it was Sally a junior member of the team.
The case that they ae investigating is kidnap, not unusual in itself but the victim is recently deceased and her bereaved husband will do
Claire
Oct 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received this book from Rebecca in return for an honest review

I really enjoyed "Three weeks dead" by Rebecca Bradley, having read her two other books Shallow Water and Made to be Broken I was REALLY looking forward to this one.

It was nice to learn more about DS Sally Poynter, with her playing such a large role in "Shallow Waters" the book also dealt with some of the sexism that the police force are often labelled with.

It was nice to be able to read a book in a matter of hours as I traveled
Tracey Walsh
Oct 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
A prequel to Shallow Waters and Made To Be Broken, but intriguingly it doesn't focus on the main character of those two books.

"How far would you go if someone took your wife?
Especially if you buried her a week ago."

When I read the blurb I expected to find the plot too far fetched but the author has the knack of making the characters' actions believable. The story is fast paced and, being a novella, this is a quick read.

I enjoyed finding out more about Sa
Donna
Oct 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a novella sized prequel to Shallow Waters and Made to be Broken. Once again Rebecca has written a very readable, well told story, the characters are 'human', believable and have really come to life. I really liked the insights to how it would feel to be a new member on the team, especially for a young woman. It's a great introduction to the rest of the characters in the other books. I don't think it's necessary to read this first so if you have already read the other two books, it won't ...more
Karen
Dec 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
A novella 'prequel' introducing the character of DC Sally Poynter from the full novels in the DI Hannah Robins series. Although I have bought the two full books, this was my first introduction to Rebecca Bradley's writing and I really enjoyed it. Although it didn't take much more than an hour to read, it didn't have that 'cut short' feel that short series often have and the main characters were well developed. I'm now looking forward to delving into the Hannah Robins books.
Pamela King
I am always looking for a good detective story or, better still, a good series. I chose this novella as an introduction to DI Hannah Robbins who features in the Detective Hannah Robbins Crime Series. (Shallow Waters and Made to be Broken)
I don’t read other reviews (except for scanning the ratings) before selecting/agreeing to a book for review. I did not realise that this story, although a prequal to the series, is about DC Sally Poynter not DI Hannah Robbins. Initially, this was a disappo
Nancy
Jun 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Hmmmmm, I don't usually go for short stories or novellas, but really enjoyed Made To Be Broken by this author so thought I would give Three Weeks Dead a try. Nice surprise - good plot development, realistic dialogue for the most part, and certainly a different twist on the blackmail scheme\crime. Good police procedural, left me wanting to read more Rebecca Bradley books.
Ann
Jan 31, 2019 rated it liked it
A company that a man worked for wanted him to steal some valuable information from the computer where he worked at or they were going to do something with his wife. Oops his wife was already dead but he didn't want them to dig her body up and do more to her. He did what they wanted by now was afraid they were going to kill him now.
Book Monitor
Mar 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: detective, e-books
This was a very good short story. Recent recruit to the major crimes Sally is thrown in the deep end. Jason's wife has died in a car accident but that isn't the worse horror in his life. Her body is being used as a lever to get him to do something illegal. Enter the police.
This is a surprisingly in-depth, gripping and interesting crime thriller. Really worth reading. This prequels the series really well.
Lora
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this prequel even though I haven’t read any of the series yet. I enjoyed the protagonist and I thought the plot was very good. I enjoyed learning about the crime as the police made the connections. I will read the series now.
JWG1973UK
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the first book (Novella) that i have read by this author and i was not disappointed.

It is fast paced, has great characters and I enjoyed the storyline. It is the prequel to the DI Hannah Robbins series which I look forward to reading in the next couple of weeks.
Laura Laakso
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this novella. I'm new to Rebecca Bradley's work, but will certainly look out for her in the future.
Kim Johnson
Very fast moving and well written. Im moving on to the next one in the series.
Grady
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good read great plot good characters and action and twists to keep your attention.

• The Puppet Show (Washington Poe, #1)
  • Sleep Tight (Detective Ruby Preston, #2)
  • Murder Unexpected (Kat and Mouse Mysteries #2)
  • Deep Fear (DI Kelly Porter, #2)
  • Death Unholy (DI Tremayne Thriller #1)
  • Murder Undeniable (Kat and Mouse Mysteries #1)
  • Murder Game (Detective Ruby Preston, #3)
  • Five Bloody Hearts (DCI Matt Ballard, #2)
  • Fatal Promise (D.I. Kim Stone, #9)
  • Thicker than Water (DCI Logan Crime Thrillers, #2)
  • Dead Bad (Calladine & Bayliss, #8)
  • A Litter of Bones (DCI Logan Crime Thrillers, #1)
  • The Body in the Marsh (DCI Craig Gillard #1)
  • The Chosen Ones (DI Robyn Carter, #5)
  • Dig Two Graves (Detective Solomon Gray #1)
  • Their Little Secret (Tom Thorne, #16)
  • Come Out and Play
  • All Those Lies (D.I. Tracy Collier #1)
Rebecca Bradley is a retired police detective who lives in the UK with her family and her two cockapoo's Alfie and Lola. They keep her company while she writes. Rebecca needs to drink copious amounts of tea to function throughout the day and if she could, she would survive on a diet of tea and cake while committing murder on a regular basis, in her writing of course.

To download a FREE novella of

D.I. Hannah Robbins (5 books)
  • Shallow Waters (DI Hannah Robbins, #1)
  • Made To Be Broken (DI Hannah Robbins, #2)
  • Fighting Monsters (DI Hannah Robbins, #3)
  • The Twisted Web
  • Kill For Me (DI Hannah Robbins #5)