Start by marking “Fixing Fate (Pleasant Valley, #1)” as Want to Read:
Fixing Fate (Pleasant Valley, #1)

(Pleasant Valley #1)

When her life is threatened, keeping her safe is the most important job he’ll ever have.
***
Smith: When my old partner calls in a favor, I agree to keep an eye on his baby sister while she’s in town. I owe him my life, so keeping her safe is the least I can do. But once I see her, I find I want to do way more than just protect her.

Mellie: I’ve been living in fear, but I’m
Published January 10th 2017 by CreateSpace

♥ WishfulMiss ♥
Here's another fail for me . . . Sadly :(

This was a case of too-much-too-soon and a plot line that was all over the freakin place. I love insta-love/lust but this was just not working for me.

The h, Mellicent, aka Mellie a 22 year old who has closed herself off completely for everyone and everything for the last six years. (view spoiler) The only pers
Sheila'S Book Corner
Fuckity Fuck where do I start with this Review. Firstly as Promised I hope this shows you why you should read this Book. Why you should grab it with two hands. And why I wish there was more than 5 stars. Cos hands down this book is 5+ star worthy.....

I need you to know how Fantastic This book is. I need you to know that Anna Brooks grabbed my Attention from Page One and had my arse on the couch till I was done
Kate's Corner

Have you ever read a book you don’t know how to rate?

Well for me this is one of those books. There were times were I thought, okay this is a 2 star read and then it went up to a 4 star read something happened which I personally wasn’t happy about and it then went back to a 2 star read. I’ve decided to go with 3.5 stars here.

Mellie suffers from agoraphobia and PTSD after being violated in the most horrible way. She has some fears that she wants to overcome. A step in the right direction is to t
EpicRomanceReviews
Jan 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
“When I look at you, I see so much light. The only light I’ve seen in years.”

Romance Trivia 101 : What do you get when a sweet, skittish damsel in distress collides with hot, hard-bodied Alpha protector? A whole lot of combustible sparks!!!!! And here's one more irrefutable fact....I know if I ever have a hankering for a hyper emotional, super sexy romance with drama and angst galore, the extraordinarily gifted Anna Brooks is gonna deliver big time. And man did she ever with her latest novel
Coco.V
Jan 18, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
💝 FREE on Amazon today (1/18/2018)! 💝

Blurb:
Mellie Jamison is afraid of the world after her security and innocence were stolen as a teen. Now in her early twenties, she’s content with her secluded lifestyle and her cat... at least, that's what she tells herself. When a grandfather she never met leaves her an abandoned house, she has no choice but to set out on a journey she never wanted to take.

Smith Porter was living his dream until he was forced to give up his job as a police officer and retur
Sarah Armstrong
Feb 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Another hit from Anna Brooks. Smith & mellie were incredible. Each had their own demons to overcome. Very intriguing story. Keep you on the edge of your seat. Can't wait for more from this series.
Melanie A.
Aug 02, 2017 rated it liked it
I have a soft spot for heroines who have panic attacks, because I know from personal experience just how real they can be, no matter how illogical it seems to others who don't have a panic trigger. While my trigger is nowhere close to Mellie's, I felt a kind of kinship with her - and I really wanted to like this book.

At its heart, this story had a world of potential - damaged manwhore and agoraphobic damsel-in-distress fall in love. Unfortunately, so many other things were layered over top of it
Sara Evans
DNF @ 8%
And the award for the most creepiest fucking pervert goes to..... the hero of this story.

she’s at least ten years younger than I am. She doesn’t even live here, and no way in hell would she be up for a quick fuck. She screams innocence. Hell, I’d be surprised if anyone’s ever touched her.
My cock hardens under my pants with just the thought of her, untouched—fuck, I bet she’d be tight as hell—pure, and inexperienced.

Is that^ supposed to be normal? Am I supposed to root for this guy to g
Barbara Abney
Jan 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
A very good story about Mellie and Smith! Both have had tragic events happen to them in the past and I love the way they help to heal each other! This story had twists that had me sitting on the edge of my seat, holding my breath! A good storyline with a hard subject and a great cast of characters! I hope we get to read Jay's story (Mellie's brother) and Erik's! Looking forward to more from this author!
Misty Walker
Dec 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
A story filled bite your nails intensity, love that fills your soul, action that keeps you guessing and heat that warms your cockles.

Anna Brooks is a new author to me and I was so pleasantly surprised. Although I felt like the subplot was teased a bit too much without any fulfillment, the main story was so perfect and I loved it so much.

Jacob Morgan and Ava Erickson are a great match. There were a few points that Jacob Morgan pulled away from the mic when he shouldn’t have and that was a bit a
Krystyn
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Captivating listen!

The story, characters, and drama had me hooked from the very start! The characters were very unique. I loved that the characters weren't perfect. Mellie had flaws and issues that she needed to overcome and Smith, although very alpha, had guilt that he couldn't get past. Their individual pasts are what truly made this story amazing. I spent the entire book hoping things would work out and I was not disappointed! I cannot wait to continue this series and see what Anna has planne
Dawn Doyle
Jul 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mellie and Smith

I actually read two books in this series last night. That’s right I had to start another one as soon as I finished. I finally read the first in the series. Even though I’m reading totally out of order I am really enjoying them. These men sure are protective and it’s a good thing because these women are danger magnets.
CeCe
This is not working for me. Predictable and boring. Nothing about the story or characters held my attention. DNF. You may love it. Reading is subjective.
Michelle
Aug 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Not awful, but not memorable. I'll probably forget the book in less than a week.

Super implausible plot, insta-love, and characters that just don't suck you in. Minus Erik. He was great.
Edel
Jan 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another great story by Anna Brooks!

This is one of those stories where the reader doesn't get time to think... so much happens!

Mellie and Smiths relationship is adorable. Mellie is a young, sweet vunerable girl who is trying desperately to move on from a difficult past and Smith is the hot alpha male to help her do this. Their story does not run smoothly and there are twists and turns that leave you on your last nerve!

This story contains all the elements of a great read - humour, romance, action
Nancy
May 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have a new set of book boyfriends to love!!!!!

Why oh why didn’t any of my book friends tell me how freaking amazing Anna Brooks’ books are?! I have had this book sitting on my ipad for a couple months now and I could kick my own ass for not reading it sooner! This book had me at page one and I just couldn’t put it down … I went to bed late and then proceeded to go to work late and found myself sneak reading while at work!!!

I absolutely loved Smith Porter?!!! I fell so hard for this man, he pre
Liz
Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fixing Fate by Anna Brooks was a great read. This story had a little bit of everything. From humor, to romance to suspense and some off the charts chemistry.

Mellie Jamison’s life has not been easy. She finds herself living alone and isolated from the world, just how she wants it, or that is what she tells herself. Afraid to put herself out there because she is having such a hard time moving on from a difficult past.

Smith Porter finds himself barely living. Giving up his dreams, he is now just
Carrie
Feb 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story gets a big ol' WOW! 10++ stars & all kinds of nail-biting! Smith (how cool of a first name is THAT?!) and Mellie (so pretty!) have a rather complicated relationship at first. They're both recovering from traumas, but they help each other through. And when they stop tip toeing around each other & start building a friendship, then a relationship, falling in love... Fabulous!

There's also that nail-biting thing. The twisty turns are AWESOME! Not complicated or confusing, just very
Kim  Brewing
Feb 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed Mellie and Smith's story. I love it when there is an instant connection that totally brings out the alpha protective side of our H. Smith may not have been ready for it, but Mellie's sunshine knocked him off his rocker. It took until the box to understand the title and absolutely loved the connection! I was hooked from page one and was grateful for the epilogue....on a side note Erik and ??? There has to be another story there! ...and Jay, please say Jay will get a story too! Yo ...more
Natasha Mahadeo
Anna Brooks strikes again. This woman can give us the most Beautifully Written Stories. She has this amazing Talent when it comes to ripping your heart out after she shatters it then she fits and Fixes each broken piece back together and boy oh boy do we enjoy the ride.

I can't wait for you all to meet Mallie and Smith. One of my Favourite Couples already.

Full Review to be Posted on Our Blog on Release day. Pre-order this book you won't be sorry.
5+ Stars Review To Come..
www.sheilasbookcorner.w
Meghann Martin
Jan 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have read every single book by Anna Brooks and Fixing Fate is best yet! Amazing. Smith Porter will steal your heart and wet your panties ant the same time!

Smith is everything I love in a Hero and Mellie was his perfect match. Their journey together, individually and together was so amazing to read. You will fall in love with with both.

This story will leave you with such a book hangover but in a good way. It's emotional and angsty plus loving and sexy. I highly recommend this book
Kathleen Lynn
Jul 28, 2017 rated it liked it
A damsel in distress who often puts herself at risk even though she is scared of her own shadow. She was 22 but acted like the 16 year old who was attacked. The hero Smith was an asshole but ended up okay because he was patient with her. 3 stars!
Michelle Mulvey
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Anna Brooks has quickly become one of my favorite authors but this book was WOW!!! I don't even know what to say without ruining it for you.

This book makes you really believe no matter what your past is like and no matter how damaged you think you are, there is always someone out there for you that can understand and relate.

Mellie is a sweet young lady who has a horrific past where an older man assaulted her in her own home. Her older brother Jay has worked for the Chicago Police Department fo
Natward1yahoo.com
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was ok
Didn't finish after page 14. The writing feels very amateur. As does the story and plot. The reason I say this is because the author is trying too hard to get her points across by creating unlikely or not believable scenarios. And being very in your face about them. And it's only page 14. So mellie has issues being very afraid of life because of a traumatic experience she had 6 years ago. The author wants to be sure to show us this as much as possible in as little time as possible so she has alr ...more
Stacey
Feb 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Mellie has been through so much she ain't the same girl she was back then she was once fun out going free but now she's timid, scared and on edge a lot of the time she had no friends or boyfriend the only person she has who has protected her since there parents passed away is her brother hes a police officer so he has the resources to keep her safe and updated. Her life is just one huge mess she scared to do things on her own but do now live in apartment on her on which was a huge step for her b ...more
Bette H
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Story! Great Audible Listen🎧 Emotional & Heartfelt!

A Pleasant Valley Novel
By: Anna Brooks
Narrated by: Jacob Morgan, Ava Erickson

Wow, there is never a dull moment in this book and I absolutely loved it. This is Millicent “Mellie” Jamison and Smith Porter’s story. Mellie is Jay’s younger sister, who suffered from PTS after she was a victim of a vicious crime, she had become reclusive and afraid to leave the safety of her home. She is gaining the courage and confidence to move
Anastasia
By Anna Brooks
5 Stars!!!!!
This book may contain sensitive subjects for some readers but does have a HEA!

**This Review May Have A Few Minor Spoilers**
This is my first book by Anna Brooks and I am so glad I read it!! She hit the nail on the head (See what I did there LOL) with this one! It had a little bit of everything. It had romance, suspense, drama, and there was even a stalker or two!
The female lead character is named Mellie Jamison. She has had one heck of a hard time with what
Liz
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This will be one of the best books you read all year!!!

This book, good lord this book! I cried, laughed, gasped, felt angry and, personally felt the pain of our main characters Millie Jamison and Smith Porter. About 6 or 7 chapters in I started to think of a quote that someone once told me and it stuck in the back of my mind till the very end of the book. “It doesn’t matter who you used to be. All that matters is, who you have become.” I really wanted to reach in grab Mille and hug her while rep
 •Cici• Theory of A Dreamer Book Blog♥
*I Volunteered to review a Copy of this book from Itsy Bitsy Book Bits*

Thank you so very much Itsy Bitsy Book Bits!! I am extremely honored and grateful!! :)

4 Trust Me Stars!!

This was my first time reading Ms.Brooks' work and I really enjoyed it! I found it to be a bit heartbreaking at times but with a hope of new beginning if that makes sense. I liked the fact that it was realistic and full of suspense as well. At times I couldn't help but get angry because of what the heroine went through. Ms.
Kelli
Feb 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Book Review: Fixing Fate
Author: Anna Brooks
FIVE STARS
Once again Anna Brooks has wowed me with her written words. I adore everything that she writes and Fixing Fate is proof that Anna Brooks is great.
Mellie is out of her brother's site for the first time in what has been forever. Five hours away from Chicago and home, Mellie is at the home of her grandfather whom she never met. Yet once he passed away he left his home to her and she is there to clean it and fix it up so she can sell it and have
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Door Three (The Black Room #3)
  • Dark Alley: Stranger (Dark Alley, #1A)
  • Just Breathe
  • Vice (Tortured Heroes, #1)
  • The Ruth Valley Missing
  • Beneath a Buried House (Detective Elliot Mystery #2)
  • Break Me In (Devil's Host MC #2)
  • Dangerous in Love (Aegis Group Alpha Team #1)
  • Lancelot of the Pines (Louisiana Knights, #1)
  • Asunder (Iron Bulls MC #1)
  • Reckless Touch
  • Fractured
  • Declan (Blackthorne Brothers, #1)
  • Something's Gotta Give (Tempered Steel #3)
  • His Distraction (X Enterprises, #1)
  • Dominic (Las Vegas Sidewinders #1)
  • Billionaire SEAL
  • Love in Plain Sight (The Donovans, #4)
The first time Anna tried to read a romance novel, her hair caught on fire when she leaned over a candle to sneak a peek at her mom’s Harlequin. She thinks being hit on the head with a shirtless Fabio until the smoke cleared is what sparked the flame for her love of romance.
Anna was born in Wisconsin, but currently lives in the Pacific Northwest with her husband and two boys. She writes sexy roma

Pleasant Valley (3 books)
  • Love, Me (Pleasant Valley #2)
  • Steady (Pleasant Valley, #3)