Start by marking “The Last Dryad (The Complex)” as Want to Read:
The Last Dryad (The Complex)

The Last Dryad

(The Complex)

The Complex Book Series.
A Lone Planet. One Complex.
Unlimited Chaos.

Two thousand years beyond our time, much has changed. Humans, forced to flee Earth after a nuclear holocaust, find themselves in the distant Seldova system. Here, they realize they are not alone. Metas, races of powerful beings, are also forced from their home after environmental tragedies. They come upon t
Published December 10th 2016

To ask other readers questions about The Last Dryad, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Last Dryad

Cathy Ryan
Dec 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi-fantasy
In the far distant future after the destruction of Earth, a social experiment called the Complex, is a series of life supported domes on a planet in a far-flung solar system. Humans and Metas elect to go there with the proviso they will co-exist peacefully. In exchange for their cooperation, at the end of their allotted time, the participants receive enough money to see them comfortably through many years.

Wezlei, a human and ex space pirate, volunteers for a stint at the Complex, in expectation
Teri
Dec 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If you're a fan of this author, you know the sci-fi path is a new direction for her, and one I've been looking forward to. The concept of this story is very appealing - different cultures/species forced to learn to live together after being driven from their respective planets. But Tariq is the epitome of intolerance and puts both MCs through horrific abuse. As characterization has always been a strength of this author (even with short novellas), feeling empathy for Wezlei and Aerwen is effortle ...more
Stephenee
Mar 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
This novella packed the punch of a full length novel, but it did leave the readers wanting more, much more! I love how author Sarah M. Cradit can write in any genre and make it an instant success! She is multi-talented, multi-genred (a word I made up) and amazing!! I loved the story, but like I said, I really wanted more - a deeper look, a deeper connection to the characters, just overall more of the story.

There was an amazing potential for this to be more than a novella and I can't wait until s
phoebess
I was slightly bored. There were things that would deserve more explanations but there were also things that were unnecessarily drawn-out (considering the length of the book).
Tanya
Jan 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!

Teri
Dec 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an engaging read. It starts off grabbing your emotions slowly as we meet Wezleiin the midst of a beat down. On the other side we are introduced to Aerwen the last Dryad, married to Tariq, and has also given up. They both face unmentionable horror from Tariq along with loads of others in the Complex. Now that they are here maybe just maybe they can take care of Tariq and live quiet lives. Before that can happen they have to survive the Complex and find a way to get rid of Tariq. But noth ...more
Julie
Dec 10, 2016 rated it liked it
The Last Dryad by Sarah M. Cradit is a science fiction novella that was originally published as part of an anthology.

The Last Dryad had a futuristic Robin Hood feel to me. Main character, Wezlei, is the would-be Robin Hood who fights against the evil tyranny of Tariq (Sherriff of Nottingham), and Aerwen is Maid Marian.

The Last Dryad is a sci-fi enthusiast’s dream. It is filled with drama and good vs. evil battles. The characters are sympathetic and as well-developed as possible given the length
Tanya
Jan 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-books
I would definitely reread this story. It's short & sweet, love the romance. It does have a few sensual scenes, but nothing too explicit. I love the way Wezlei's history comes out. Wish I could read more of his past & their future. Lastly, though I'm sure this book is probably listed under fantasy, I wouldn't classify it as such. It's most definitely a romance novel. Although the book contains vampires, witches, fairies, & incubi, you don't see any manifestation of their powers. The o ...more
Melannie
Dec 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Complex is a beautiful Sci-Fi novella.
Aerwen is one of the last living Dryads. When Wezlei sees her being abused by the evil Dhampir, Tariq, he simply cannot walk away. He joins The Complex in hopes of rescuing her. Wezlei finds out quickly that Tariq is capable of much worse than he ever imagined.
Elizabeth Burgess
I loved this novella from Sarah M Cradit. A mix of paranormal and science fiction, this story follows, Aerwen, a mystical Dryad, who's bound in slavery and Wezlie, the kind human who feels drawn to save her. Set in the Complex, a place where Humans and Metas(paranormal life) must get along, The Last Dryad is an exciting, romantic tale about a true love that saves. Recommended!
Melannie
Dec 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Complex is a beautiful Sci-Fi novella.
Bob Newport
Dec 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Imaginative Too Short

I understand that as a novella we can only skim the surface (which in itself is delightful) but I sure would have liked to get into the details of "The Complex" as well as Ama Seldora. Sarah has quite a world herewith a lot of potential.

Elizabeth Burgess
Mary Jackson
Dec 29, 2018
Shelby
Jan 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Last Dryad isn't my favorite work of Sarah Cradit's but I will say that it was very interesting and imaginative. While I wasn't pulled in from the very beginning (which is often the case when reading one of her books), somewhere along the way Wezlei and Aerwen grew on me and I was page turning like it was my job. I would definitely like to read more of their story and find out what happens next.
If you love sci-fi and happy endings you will not be disappointed with The Last Dryad!
Julie Rose
Jul 26, 2017
Tempvs
Aug 18, 2017
Apr 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting take on a social experiment set two thousand years into a dystopian future. All the societal things across racial boundaries remain. Love, loss, longing, crime, abuse and violence survive as do the people and creatures determined to do so.
Edith
Apr 07, 2017 rated it liked it
3 stars

I liked it, the characters were interesting.
Shakira
Kirstie
May 22, 2017
Vikki Love
Jun 02, 2017
Sarah is the USA Today Bestselling Author of the Paranormal Southern Gothic series, The House of Crimson & Clover, born of her combined passion for New Orleans, and the mysterious complexity of human nature. Her work has been described as rich, emotive, and highly dimensional.

An unabashed geek, Sarah enjoys studying obscure subjects like the Plantagenet and Ptolemaic dynasties, and settling de

The Complex (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • Blade of Forever (The Complex)
  • Hungry Touch
  • Night Whispers (The Complex)
  • The Curse Catcher (The Complex)
  • Cursed (The Complex)
  • Arrested in Peace (The Complex)
  • Death's Echo (The Complex #0)
  • Shadow of Ruin (The Complex)
  • Halcyon (The Complex)