Start by marking “The Limbo Tree” as Want to Read:
The Limbo Tree

The Limbo Tree

4.23  ·  Rating details ·  22 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
An accident. A secret. The truth.

Something is wrong with Samantha McCallister. Her baby brother is dead, and she has only one memory of the accident: the canned version her parents impressed upon her. But piece by piece, Sam struggles to make sense of it.

Published October 10th 2016 by Manhattan House Publishing & Media

To ask other readers questions about The Limbo Tree, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Limbo Tree

nancy (The Ravenous Reader)
Nov 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Have you ever had a book stay with you? One that after you have finished devouring it cannot seem to leave you? Where it lingers in the back of your mind and haunts your waking moments making you revisit its words over and over again?.....The Limbo Tree by T.N Suarez is that book.

As Samantha's story unfolded before my eyes I was taken on a journey that I could not seem to grasp hold of. Meaning that I initially perceived this novel to be a mystery of sorts with Samantha trying to find her dear f
Uma   ~Books.Bags.Burgers.
(I received a free eBook from Xpresso Book Tours in exchange for an honest review.)

BLURB

An accident. A secret. The truth.

Cast aside by her self-involved family, Sam seeks out a friendship with the next-door neighbor, Hazel, until Hazel inexplicably goes missing, leaving n
Ruby Kestler
Oct 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Limbo Tree is one of those magical, timeless stories, and is well worth reading. I enjoyed it reading it as an adult, and I know I'd also have loved it as a child.

The protagonist, Sam, is easy to empathize with, and many of her thoughts and feelings evoked memories of similar thoughts and feelings. The many characters she meets during her summer are all interesting and memorable as well. The character of Elliott felt to me like the boy we all wanted to meet at that age, and I felt Sam's year
Christine Leporte
Oct 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If I could give this book 10 stars, I would. In THE LIMBO TREE, T.N. Suarez introduces readers to an intriguing cast of characters along with a masterful use of the unreliable narrator—and even a sprinkling of horror. When a young girl named Samantha McCallister tries to find her neighbor, who has suddenly and mysteriously—and creepily—gone missing, at first you think that’s what the book is about. But just when you’re sure you know what’s going on, bam, the story turns on a dime and you realize ...more
Lorena
Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Finally, a book without a predictable ending! Fabulous!
Robin Shechtman
Nov 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If you are looking for a book that you can't put down, this is it!!! It was so beautifully and well written and one of the few books that I have read where I couldn't figure out the ending until the very last page! Loved it ~ it's a must read!
(Also, it would be a great book to read for a book club ~ so, so many things to discuss..)
Laura  Hernandez (TheVoluptuousBkDiva/YABkDivas)
I had a hard time putting this book down and I believe that you will too. It consumes you and stays with you way after you have read it!!
Nov 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-ya, contemporany, ya
I received this book from Xpresso Book Tours in exchanged for an honest review.
I also posted this review on my blog: https://bibliofagista.wordpress.com/

What a nice story. It's been a while since I've read a YA novel so full of surprises. Let's just say that the I expected something else from the blurb. I will try my best to review this book without giving anything away that might take away from the novel's twists and turns.

Plot

The Tree Limbo has a fast-medium pace - most of the chapters are rea
Sarah Fairbairn
Mar 04, 2017 rated it liked it
This book was nothing like I expected. It was spooky and made my skin crawl a little bit at times. If I had to sum the book up in one word I would say it was HAUNTING.

The first half of the book frustrated me. It all felt very creepy and I kept expecting something bad to happen. Early on I was confused as to whether Sam (Samantha, the fourteen-year-old main character) was dropping in and out of alternate realities or if she was hallucinating. The story irritated me and yet I couldn't stop reading
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
**** 3 Cranky Stars ****

14 yr old Samantha takes a tumble from the big old oak tree ( the Limbo tree) in her backyard. Elderly neighbour Hazel is on hand to help her up and revive her, this results in them becoming firm friends untill Hazel disappears without saying goodbye. Her house gets put up for sale and soulmate Elliot moves in with his family.

After the death of her baby brother, Sam is left pretty much to her own devices as her parents are locked up in their own private worlds. Sam's life
Lyssa
Jan 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a book I really enjoyed reading. It's so hard to find a unique, engaging story, but this book delivers. It became a movie in my mind with its many memorable characters, an 80s theme song, The Cure's "Just Like Heaven," a multi-leveled mysterious plot, and lots and lots of 80s memories...from Pound Puppies to Kojak to Belinda Carlisle. This is the kind of story you get wrapped up in and you don't want it to end. One or two swear words here and there, but otherwise a clean story. Recommen ...more
Tim Haynes
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm not exactly the target audience for this one, but really glad I picked it up. It has more twists than a bag of pretzels and I can promise you won't leave a page unturned!
Eva
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"The Limbo Tree" by T.N. Suarez is a well-written YA novel. Not everything appears to be as it seems. Is her best friend really the boy next door Elliot?

Readers will relate to the conflicts with her parents and the steps parents take when dealing with teenagers.

Thank you GoodReads for the book.
Emmyjo
Jan 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
What can I say about this book?
It was an adventure for sure, and at times a little bit sad.
Although I was confused almost halfway through this book.
It does make sense and it all comes together and you are left with your mouth open thinking to yourself wow.
Sam is 14 and we learn that she has suppressed memories from an accident that happened to her.
Sam becomes good friends with Hazel an older woman who lives next door to her. When one day Sam goes to visit she realizes Hazel is missing and can't
Alina Rodriguez
Sara
Robin
Stacie
T.N. Suarez
Oct 11, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Ana Marchildon
Julie
Theresa
Carol McFarlane
Oct 19, 2016
Chicago-born author Tania Nicole Suarez, best known as T.N. Suarez, does her best writing on her backyard patio, as well as at the charming coffee shop around the corner with free refills. When she isn’t glued to her laptop, she spends time with her magical family, binge-watches Netflix, paints with acrylics, and tries very hard not being the worst tennis player in the burbs.

Tania began her writin