Start by marking “Knitted Tales: A Collection of Emotions” as Want to Read:
Knitted Tales: A Collection of Emotions

Knitted Tales: A Collection of Emotions

What forces an innocent girl to become a sex symbol? Her desires? Or cruel fate?
Is a lifetime enough—for avenging a betrayal? How do you hide secrets that never stopped haunting you?
Can vengeance and secrets of your past devastate your present? How can long-buried crimes of yours suddenly raise their head? Can sinning be saving?
Is your spouse your soulmate? What if they
Published October 10th 2016 by The Book Club

To ask other readers questions about Knitted Tales, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Knitted Tales

Inderpreet Uppal
Oct 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Knitted Tales, it says is a collection of emotions but it is a collection of feelings, thoughts, and all the colors of life in between. The author has strung together a mix of stories that compel the reader to take a second look, read and savor the tales.

Not all are the ‘feel good’ types since a few of them will make you think and cringe and almost hate humanity. That is the good thing about this collection – it evokes a response from the reader. The best books make us feel, make us cry, laugh
Kavipriya Moorthy
Oct 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Short stories are fun, I’ve always enjoyed reading them, especially if a story has nice twists and thrills, I’d re-read them again to know where I missed the hint. Rubina Ramesh has done justice to each of the short story, such that the readers would definitely understand why the title is ‘Knitted’ tales. Indeed, a cute crochet made of different stories, with different emotions and mind-boggling twists.

Each story has something in store. Loved reading through each of it!

“A secret in the closet”
Devika Fernando
Oct 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
As I have done it before with some anthologies / short story collections, I’m going to approach this review story by story. It’s the author’s debut, if you don’t consider submissions to other multi-author anthologies, and that makes this gem of a book stand out even more.

A SECRET IN THEIR CLOSET

Creepy. Captivating. Curiosity-arousing. Okay, I cheated because I wanted 2 c’s, but that is exactly what this first story is, kicking things off with a fright and a whirlwind of possibilities. I found it
Kala Ravi Sarathy
This was an exceptionally well-written collection of short stories. Each one a gem, so different and unique! I was reminded of Tagore's style of writing and O Henry's twists! The stories are crisp yet the narration so compelling. I finished the book in one sitting and was thirsting for more. These are timeless stories that shall retain their spark forever.
Rajan
“A short story is a love affair, a novel is a marriage. A short story is a photograph; a novel is a film.” ― Lorrie Moore

Short stories are very different from novels as they tell about short period and two or three characters. It is a challenge to tell short stories as you have extremely less space to set the context and say the story.

Rubina has done the job extremely well. First let us see in brief what the stories are all about:

1. Betrayal - Story of a sadistic brutal husband with a twist.

Janaki
Oct 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Our life is a web of emotions and feelings.We can be fragile and vulnerable yet also strong enough to face the storm. Life can be good, bad or ugly; a tapestry of black, white and everything in between yet with the brilliance of rainbow to chase away the blues. This is what Rubina's stories are about - the whole spectrum of emotions.

The stories will make you smile, sad, angry and maybe rake up some good old memoirs...and also not so good old memories. But stir you they will!

I in awe of Rubina's
Ankita Bhatia
Oct 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
A delightful anthology where the author weaves a web of human emotions that are usually left unexplored. Her characters are real, believable because they often put themselves before the other, thrown into unusual situations, you have a mix of unusual stories. Rubina shocks with her portrayal of motherhood, inspires with the tale of tolerance and compassion and leaves you wanting more!!!
Shantala  (Shanaya Tales)
I went into this book knowing that I do not particularly enjoy short story collections, but that wasn't exactly a deal breaker, because I knew that I did enjoy this author's writing. And now that I have finished the book, I am glad that I did not skip this one on account of my prejudices against the format, because I loved reading these Knitted Tales.

Also, this book marks the debut of the Author, Blogger, and Book Marketing Phenomenon Rubina Ramesh, and lives up to its own name, and the reputati
Ranjini
Sep 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you're looking for a an anthology of short stories with a touch of the Indian subcontinent, then this is the book for you. This is a delightful collection of emotions and an intricate peek into feelings and thought-provoking words.

The author superbly narrates about the mother who goes to any extent to hide a mysterious secret from her past, an abusive husband and his ultimate control over his wife, sensitive topics such as racism, bullying and incest, the journey to stardom (always fraught wi
Leena Varghese
Mar 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very well written! The cover page is fabulous.

Short stories are meant to capture the essence of the subject chosen by the writer, within a few pages. The author has done a great job, capturing the depth and vastness of human emotions. It keeps the reader engrossed.

Every story in this collection depicts a different emotion. Love, lust, hatred, fear, pain, revulsion, shame, innocence, guilt, helplessness and so many other nameless ones that simmer beneath the obvious. The characters, show us the
Sanchita
Oct 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Feast for the soul!

Like the irresistible chocolate mousse, which is meant to be savored bit by bit, ‘Knitted Tales’ was a compelling read where I wanted to savor every word and line, feel the emotions of the protagonists, get into their skin and live their lives before the stories come to their ‘The End’. But mind you, this is not just a collection of all sweet tales. This is an anthology comprising 11 short stories with a heady mix of suspense, thrill, love, passion, rage and all human emotions
Amit Yadav
Oct 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
The “Knitted Tales” by Rubina Ramesh is a light read & at times you may feel that you are just flowing spontaneously & uninterrupted in the flow of cascade of events plotted by Rubina Ramesh.

The stories in “Knitted Tales” are very touching. They deal with deep human emotions. Their endings are unpredictable. Some are shocking, others are painful, relieving & even motivating.

In real sense stories don’t have an end as they stir up your emotions & therefore they become alive &
Jasleen Kaur
Dec 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
The missing staircase is a reality check. But for most of the people the time flies just like it happened with Christie. The author managed to be really curt and show the real face to the people who have move ahead in life, leaving even the pathway behind.

The other woman, a provoking satirical story, the author follows the trend of revealing things at the end in a very crucial way. The ending is really moving because in life both the sides are right sometimes and the difficulty of choosing from
Reshma Ranjan
Oct 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A spooky, warm, agitating and peaceful read!
The whole locality is getting ready for the Halloween. And I read Knitted Tales. Trust me it leaves you spooked, warm, sad and agitated all together.
The whole collection is literally the Knitted Tales of different emotions, and situation. From paranormal or beyond normal to all too normal incidents. Loved every short story. I had to finish it in a go and I did just that.
If you are looking for a quick read which will make you ponder and wonder through
Paromita Goswami
Feb 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: short-stories, spooky
It took me sometime to live with all the short stories in the book. After reading one I waited for it to settled down because the stories are so gripping and have unwarned twist that it will keep you thinking. I loved all of them but betrayal is more closer to my heart. Recommended for those who enjoy supernatural paranormal.

The author is coming with the sequel now so looking forward to it.
Anuradha Gupta
Aug 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Knitted Tales by Rubina Ramesh is an anthology, comprising of 12 short stories, depicting varied human emotions, in the pages of the stories.

1. A Secret in Their Closet - Their 10 yo is suffering from panic attacks, speaks in a language which she has never learnt and knows what had happened in their lives before she was even born - a case of mental instability or something sinister?
2. Betrayal - An abusive husband and a faithful wife, finally finding solace in her brother-in-law. What could have
Mahathi Ramya
Sep 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love short stories. I like to read a variety of stories with different concepts one after the other without knowing what comes next. But, It's difficult to review an anthology as you cannot say the book is bad if one story doesn't meet your expectations and cannot say it's good only because you loved a few stories.

I didn't feel difficult to review this book as it really kept me glued till the end and exceeded my expectations. The title is very apt as all stories cover different emotions in a h
Deepti
Jan 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing

If you want to read stories that are akin to a cup of tea, comforting and familiar, tales that will fill your heart with nuances of romance and joy, ‘Knitted Tales – A Collection of Emotions’ by the talented Rubina Ramesh is not for you. These stories sear and sizzle; they portray harsh realities and forbidden themes that are normally swept under the carpet. They leave out the trappings and tell only the truth. Rubina Ramesh does not believe in candy floss and tinsel, at least not in her debut c
Arti
Feb 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The cover is different. All the stories have different settings and have been written very well. The words have been chosen with care- not too many and neither too less, making the length of the stories just apt. The flow and pace of the stories makes the book a page turner. The characters are from different walks of life and are very realistic. The scenes have been beautifully described and can be visualized easily.

The stories revolve around many emotions like suspense, love, passion, anger, pa
Usha Narayanan
Oct 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
First things first. Sonia Rao’s foreword and the second one by Dola Basu Singh paint a vivid picture of the amazing woman behind Knitted Tales ― Rubina Ramesh. She is ‘a wife, a mother, a businessperson and a citizen of the world, a person with an inquiring mind and strong opinions.’ All these facets of Rubina’s personality are revealed in ‘Knitted Tales – A collection of emotions.’

The book opens with a bang. You are intrigued, petrified and agog as you read 'A Secret in Their Closet,' the story
 Ashwini Gopalkrishnan
Knitted Tales by Rubina Ramesh can be described by using all the possible adjectives available in the english dictionary . Madame Rubina has penned her first novel in an effective way by pointing the flaws in our society and in individual′s preception towards the perfect beings called F-E-M-A-L-E without having feminist kind of approach .The stories in Knitted Tales are sweet and sour .

My favorite stories are

1.Cliff Notes : As it speaks about the authors inner frustrations to prove herself whic
Shivani Agrawal
Oct 11, 2016 rated it really liked it

Is your spouse your soul mate? What if they never understood your feelings? Can you still live with them?

Lastly, does life give only two options? Live or die? What if t
Vidya Sury
Dec 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Knitted Tales-A collection of emotions, will keep you feeling warm and cozy, even as the author wields the knitting needles skilfully and nudges you, often with the uncomfortable truths of life–yet, never a stitch out of place.

I thoroughly enjoyed this collection of stories, and look forward to much more from Rubina–she has established herself as an author to watch for. Even the forewords and the author acknowledgment make good reads!

Do buy the book and enjoy it. Full review here: http://vidyasu
T
Oct 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Nice set of tales. Well written and I found it a smooth sail through the stories. Most of the stories reinforce on or another strong social message. The book presents a good variety of tales too - we have paranormal ones, mystical ones, feel good dramas, clever ones and poignant ones. Definitely worth a read.
P.G. Van
Oct 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Quick and Fun read!!

The first story got me hooked and I was convinced all stories were the same theme as the first two but was pleasantly surprised by the diversity of the stories.
Every story carries an underlying message and a deeper thoughts and I liked that very much.
Enjoyed reading them all!!
Angela Peixoto
Oct 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love short stories and this book shows how versatile Rubina Ramesh is at writing them. The diversity of themes, the twists, the unexpected makes this an incredible book. Where were you hidden Rubina? Why have you not published before? I look forward to a lot more books from you.
Ruchira Khanna
Dec 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Rubina's debut n she strikes a home run with most of her stories. Highly recommended for all! Wishing the author the best for her upcoming novel release.
Dhivya Balaji
Mar 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
FIRST IMPRESSION:

The Knitted Tales by Rubina Ramesh is a much anticipated book and I was too eager to read it. I thank the author for providing me with the review copy. The cover looked stunning and requires a special mention. The summary and the tagline of the story were only additional factors that made me want to read the book.

REVIEW:

Before I present a overall review, I would like to talk about each tale in the book because giving a generalised collective opinion would not do justice to this
DALIP
Aug 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
This Is Indeed A Thought Provoking 🐜 hology By The Versatile Author That RUBINA RAMESH Has Evolved Into With Each New Book That She Has Penned. Knitted Tales Has A Dozen Stories From A Vast Spectrum All Brought Under One Roof..Many Of Which If Not All Are Bound To Appeal To The Readers & Quite A Few Shall Leave You Pondering Over Them Long After They Been Read.
The Dozen Stories That Form An Impressive Collection Of Emotions Are A Secret In Their Closet, Betrayed, Chicklets, Forgive Me, For I
Bhavya
May 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, own-a-copy, tbc
Rubina Ramesh has chosen to weave together a fabric of intricate details on lives, feelings, and the various hues of life in day to day lives of people. Each tale is enjoyable and the time spent reading them is never a waste.
The stories are not all goody goody ones, rather they have an uncanny resemblance to what happens in our society and in the lives of people around us.
Each of the different stories have a different take-away for the reader and one is hooked until the last word in the last sto
« previous 1 3 next »
Rubina Ramesh is an avid reader, writer, blogger, book reviewer and marketer. She is the founder of The Book Club, an online book publicity group. Her first literary work was published in her school magazine. It gave her immense pride to see her own name at the bottom of the article. She was about 8 years old at that time. She then went to complete her MBA and after her marriage to her childhood ...more