Start by marking “Psychics, Healers, Mediums: A Journalist, a Road Trip, and Voices from the Other Side” as Want to Read:
Psychics, Healers,  Mediums: A Journalist, a Road Trip, and Voices from the Other Side

4.05  ·  Rating details ·  106 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Since the dawn of time, people have been fascinated by those who claim to have extraordinary psychic abilities. The fascination has reached a fever pitch with the rise of modern media.

It is safe to say that many of these folks are either extraordinary frauds or extraordinarily deluded. But could some of them be legitimate? Do some people actually possess psychic gifts that
Published April 1st 2017 by Hampton Roads Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Psychics, Healers, Mediums, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Psychics, Healers, Mediums

Michelle Perz
Jul 23, 2017 rated it did not like it
Full disclosure: While I am naturally skeptical about the actual abilities of the individuals that the author interviewed in her book, that's not the reason why I gave this book one star. In reading the back cover, I think I was expecting more of a balanced, critical look into this subject, i.e. the psychics/mediums/healers would vary in abilities so that the reader could draw their own conclusions as to whether these people were the real deal or not. Instead, I was met with phenom after phenom ...more
Andy Deemer
Apr 18, 2018 rated it did not like it
Transcripts of someone's wildly gullible conversations with Christian psychics.

"You'll meet your true love in March," the psychic said. In April I went back. "I didn't meet anyone," I complained, suddenly filled with skepticism. "Ah, but did I say March of which year?" the psychic laughed. Boy did I feel dumb, realizing how much I'd assumed! Sure enough, 13 years later, I met someone in March!

It was awful.

"You'll always have plenty of money, and won't have to worry about finances," the psychic
Susan Pearson
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have been reading Jenniffer's books for years and this one is one of her best. There will always be skeptics who don't believe in the spiritual forces or intuitives who have 'gift' for healing and helping.
I challenge you to read this book with an open mind. Perhaps it will change your perspective about the world of 'the other side'.
Sally Mcquillen
May 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love Jenniffer Weigel's clear, light-hearted, down to earth delivery. She, herself, is a channel to the reader as she illuminates the messages each psychic, medium and healer have to deliver. I am so grateful to have crossed her path since her books and her events have helped me personally. Coincidence? I think not!
Carolyn
Jun 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this! I was interested in all things paranormal in my youth but since have been focused on other things so this was a nice re-introduction to the fascinating world of those who can see (feel, hear, sense) what most of us don't, or won't. Plus she writes it in a funny and engaging way. I only wish she had interviewed more gifted people!
Jesse Zhang
Sep 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Quick, fun, light-hearted read. I'm a skeptic and a believer all at once, like with all things paranormal I took this book with a huge grain of salt. I wouldn't say this book made me believe, but it didn't make me disbelieve either. The pacing of the book flowed well and Weigel has a great sense of humor that comes across in her writing.
May 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adult
Fantastic! Very well researched and surprising. Great for those who doubt the process of mediums and psychics. Jenniffer Weigel does not disappoint! I adored her asides in the book as well. It truly felt like you were right next to her on this journey of meeting people.
Beth Nichols
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a fun, light-hearted, and uplifting read.
Marcia Bourgeois
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was ok
Poorly researched and she was not not truly skeptical or objective of the individuals she met. I am a believer but she was guliable in accepting the abilities of these people.
Sheryl
May 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Short, easy read.
Deann Doolittle
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: self-help
I don't buy into it. Only thing I may believe is the intuition that each of us has.
Maureen
Aug 20, 2018
Michiko Bell
Feb 13, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 next »
“What do you say to the religious folks who feel this goes against the Bible?” I asked. “The bottom line is, do these people pray to Jesus? Then they're talking to the dead, too,” she said.” 0 likes