Start by marking “I Was A Bitch” as Want to Read:
I Was A Bitch

I Was A Bitch

3.88  ·  Rating details ·  195 Ratings  ·  80 Reviews
What if you woke up having forgotten the last two years of your life?

After a horrific accident Lacey Jones has to try piece together her shattered past. With no memory of the previous two years she finds herself in a relationship with a man she doesn’t know, and with a reputation for being the Queen Bitch of High-School.

She decides to keep the secret of her memory loss un
Published October 7th 2016

To ask other readers questions about I Was A Bitch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Was A Bitch

Archit Ojha

Show Stopper!

A young adult novel that caught me by the collar.

I've always been an admirer of thick books. Being lost in them for hours and hours on a Sunday. This functioned perfectly well for me.

Story gets you to the action scene where Lacey, the protagonist is lying on the hospital bed and being informed that she has come out of coma after two months. More to that, she has lost her memory of 2 years. When inquired what her age is, she is only able to remember the things she did 2 years back.
Vicki
Oct 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook-mystery
I was pulled in by the very beginning of the book. From the first chapter, we as readers begin a journey of unraveling a series of events that lead to the main character waking up from a coma. With mysterious people entering her room and her unfortunate memory loss, we can feel the confusion and fear that Lacey feels.

The story moved quickly along with bits and pieces of memory floating in just enough to make her conflicted. She had a boyfriend, yet she wasn't quite comfortable with his attention
heather
Jan 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received this book from the author and I am very glad that I was selected to review! I love the idea of any amnesia story because there is this excitement around being able to start over and meet people again for the very first time. Also, you may be a changed person which is what "kind of" happened with this book.

I enjoyed the POV of Lacey and really liked how the book had started off in the hospital. I also enjoyed piecing everything back together. It was like a unique puzzle just waiting to
Karen (BaronessBookTrove)
I Was A Bitch by Emily Ruben is an awesome story that I so happy I got to read. This wonderful book that had me hooked from the very beginning. I am in such book coma right now as this book is just that outstanding.

What I liked about this book. The first thing that I have to say that I like about this book is that it was written in the only first-person point of view. I was skeptical and wasn’t sure that it would be a good book but it does the story justice since it has us go inside the mind of
E Reeder
Oct 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was such a fun read. As a high school teacher and former high school student, I am very aware of the social structure that exists in every high school. This book takes a creative approach at looking at this dynamic in a hilarious and sweet way.
Lacey wakes up from a 2 month long coma and cannot remember the last two years of her life. She has besties she doesn't remember and two boys who are telling her they love her. In addition, she learns that the two best friends she remembers aren't aro
Ericka Greer
Nov 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
( I received this book by the publisher in exchange for an honest review)

This was such a fun read. There were moments when I burst out laughing and there were moments when my heart broke. Lacy wakes up from a two month coma and can't remember anything from the previous two years. She learns that she was in a car accident and everything prior to that is a blur. She struggles to figure out things before the accident and hopes that some of the memories come back to her as well as coming to terms o
Stephanie M.
Oct 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Lacey Jones is Queen Bitch, and has been for two years. Unfortunately due to a horrific car crash, she suffered a two month coma and two years of memory loss.

Derek is her model hot, total jock, top of the food chain boyfriend with a list of issues- hidden of course. He's desperate to find out if she remembers the party on the night of her car crash and insists on asking whenever possible.

Finn is also her boyfriend, equally hot, less of a jock, without the list of issues- all around lovable, dev
Silvana
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Lacey was waking from two months coma after a terrifying accident, and she thought that she was sixteen. Her parents looked older that she remembered them. Trying to comfort her they told her the truth that she was eighteen, and they mentioned Derek, her boyfriend, but nothing helped, she didn’t remember anything of it even her boyfriend. Day by day she was discovering that she was a Queen Bitch in her high school and couldn’t remember who Derek was and why she was her girlfriend, considering th ...more
Michelle (Michelle's Book Ends) Shealy
"I had no idea why but I felt like I couldn't lie to him. Like he would know, somehow. Besides it was absolutely normal to feel confused after being in a two-month coma. I didn't want to tell him, or anyone, about my two missing years until I figured out what had happened during them and what that trigger event could be.

Lacey Jones was in a coma. When she awakes she finds she wasn't the nicest girl at the local high school. She had two boys on the hook. She doesn't remember any of it. There are
Cary Morton
Oct 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book directly from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

This book was so much fun! I’ll admit, there were a few pretty blatant typos—the grammar especially seemed to be a problem in the dialogue, but although it stood out, it didn’t keep me from enjoying the story as a whole.

As for the characters—I liked them. Some, like Derick, or Lacey’s two popular best friends, were a bit one-dimensional, but Lacey and Finn were full of depth. As a couple, they were at tim
Christy  (CaptainReadsALot
Oct 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
This book was really great. I enjoyed Lacey's story and all the details of what happened to her. I loved the twist on amnesia. It was a different approach and I appreciated that.

There were a few things I didn't like but I'll include them in my full review - which is coming soon.
Brittany Lamb
What a long, infuriating ride this was.

First off, let me just say that I really tried to not hate this book. I mean, I put in a ton of effort. But this was just so seriously not enjoyable for me, at all. I think that this book could've been far better and had a lot of potential!!! But alas, it did not live up to it.

Lacey was an extremely difficult main character to like (or even tolerate, frankly). I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt in the beginning, but after waking up from a two mo
Tesha
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was a really good read. I had to stop and come back to read it and refused to stop until I was done and glad I did. I was really happy about how Lacey that changed her ways and realized that you do not have to be a bitch for people to like you. I was glad that her and Finn was able to come together and be each other backbone of what loves really should be. Awesome read. This book does not disappoint.
Hobart
Oct 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-reads
★ ★ ★ 1/2 (rounded up)
This originally appeared at The Irresponsible Reader.
---
There's a moment in teen comedies where the ugly duckling (who's become the beautiful swan, backstabbed/betrayed/turned on/disappointed their life-long friends and become a real jerk) is forced to realize that what they've become and what they've done -- from The DUFF to Can't Buy Me Love and all points between (and probably points earlier), this is a standard and pivotal plot point. Can this be done in a tired and cli
Karen Wurl
Not for me...

I began reading this because a review made it sound intriguing, and the premise does have a lot of potential, but this is just a young adult novel that pushes the same old sexist agenda wherein good is rewarded with a picturesque heterosexual relationship and girls of 18 are daydreaming of marriage.
Yamillie Melendez
May 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Funny, romantic and refreshing! A fun read and amazing adventure.
Ashley Usadel
Mar 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love it

I rated it 5 stars because it is an amazing book. I read it in 2 days I love the characters especially Lacey and Finn. I would recommend this book to everyone.
Elizabeth Horbaczek
Nov 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was given to me for an honest review.

5 stars

Have you ever wandered what if I really had selective memory, or lets say selective amnesia? What would happen if you would forget two years of your life and you didn't remember who you were exactly? I keep trying to imagine if I woke up and found out I wasn't who I actually was. That I hurt people that I never thought I would? I'm trying to put into words how this book was and I was just in awe of how Lacey did what she did. She not only had
Shirley McCann
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVED this book. Couldn't put it down.
Annabelle Murrell
Nov 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Thank you Inkitt for sending me a copy of I was a Bitch to review!

I was intrigued by this book from the very first page. The synopsis sounded so mysterious and thrilling and I couldn’t wait to read it. I was so excited when the publisher contacted me and told me he could ship me a physical copy to Australia!

“It was kind of scary come to think about it. My Queen Bitch act had worked very well though, so I had come to a conclusion. I was a bitch.”

The story follows Lacey who wakes up from a coma wi
Melliane
Nov 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Mon avis en Français

My English review

When I saw the synopsis of the story, I was immediately intrigued. It must be said that it is always intriguing to follow the Queen of High School, especially when she wakes up after a serious accident and that she does not remember anything of the last two years …

I did not know about Emily Ruben but it was very funny to learn that she was French and published in English. But let’s go back to the story because as I said we discover Lacey after a coma of two m
Nina DuBois
I received a ARC of this book for review.

I was hooked from the very beginning of this book. It started off really good with Lacey waking up from her coma and finding out she can't remember the last two years of her life. She meets her two best friends, her super hot boyfriend Derek, and there's Finn who is mystery but is always there for he when she needs him and the only person she feels she could be herself with.

It was interesting to see Lacey try to unravel he mystery of her life. She gets fl
Pallavi Sareen
Oct 28, 2016 rated it liked it
Lacey was a bitch. But two months in coma, two years if missing memory changes a lot of things except that she still acts like a bitch. To keep up appearances, to make sure no one suspects there's something wrong with her, I don't care about the reasons. I just didn't like her character. And if her hidden inner cute self was supposed to make me relate to her, it didn't. It just infuriated me more that she was such a two-faced bitch. No matter the reason.
Now to the other characters, Melissa and
Karen Shortridge
Feb 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
From the very beginning this book had me hooked, a high school girl who wakes up in hospital after a car accident after being in a coma for two months. She has no memory of the last two years of her life and doesn't know if her memories return. There are so many questions and subjects that no one is talking about and Lacey is too afraid to ask anyone about. The story is easy to follow and the characters are great with the humour mixed in around every day topics you can't help but fall into it.
Th
Aisha Reads Books

I'm so in love I can't believe it, obviously the blurb does a great job at describing the general plot. I feel like this book was a revelation, when you agree to read ARCs from new authors you never really know what you're going to get and all you can do is hope the book lives up to the blurb that pulled you in.

This book was everything I wanted and more which is weird as it covers quite a few unsavoury topics and yet I didn't care at all. There a few plot points I'm going to discuss on goodreads
Lorraine Price
Oct 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
From the very beginning, this book had me hypnotized. It's about a high school girl who wakes up in a hospital after being in a car accident and ends up in a coma for two months. She has forgotten the last two years of her life and is not able to put her life back together until her memories return.

There are so many questions and mysteries that no one is talking about and Lacey is too afraid to ask anyone about.

There are a million things to like about this story. There are phrases about dancing
Lorraine Price
Oct 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Isabelle Joshua
This book is so not Hot, unlike Finn

This book should have been a DNF but I am stubborn, and it doesn't take long for me to read so I finished it. The characters were immature and cliche-ish. The flashbacks were awkward and too much. Maybe there are HS girls that act like this, but it seems so completely unbelievable. And when is joking cockiness sexy? Nothing appealed to me in this book. The thousands of times she kept saying Finn was so sexy, Hot whatever were too much (every page). This book n
Nas Dean
Jan 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
I WAS A BITCH by author Emily Ruben is October 2016 publication by Inkitt.

When Lacey Jones wakes up in a hospital bed, she is disorientated. But what she doesn’t realize at first is she was in a coma for two months so thinking that she has lost two months of her life at sixteen. Then she is told that she is eighteen and not sixteen. So where has the past two years of her life memories gone to?

There were two boys in love with her, who was her boyfriend from them both? Then she finds out all these
Jaime
Oct 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a fun read. The whole mystery of what exactly happened on the night of Lacey's accident kept me reading. I remember the whole clique scene from high school and this book touched base on that and on bullying. I also enjoyed Finn. The things he did for Lacey and the way he felt about her was really sweet. All in all an enjoyable read!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
  • The Cafe by the Sea
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
  • Bittersweet
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Heirs of Grace
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
  • Impossible Saints
    $22.73 $1.99
  • Hudson (Fixed, #4)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Only a Millionaire (The Sinclairs #6.5)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Elite (Eagle Elite, #1)
  • Kulti
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Soul Summoner  (The Soul Summoner, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • April / May / June (Calendar Girl #4-6)
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • Valorous (Quantum, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tempting Dusty (Temptation Saga, #1)
  • When Never Comes
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures with the Boss (Misadventures, #12)
  • Baby Daddy
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twice Bitten (Argeneau #27)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures of a Good Wife (Misadventures, #6)
  • Calendar Girl: Volume Three
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Love and Other Unknown Variables
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Storm Warned (Grim, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Real Thing (Sugar Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1)
  • A Messy, Beautiful Life
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Pestilence (The Four Horsemen, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Twisted Up (Taking Chances, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Forged In Ash (Red-Hot SEALs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Fangs and Fennel (The Venom Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“So, how was your afternoon with the two bitches in the flesh?” Finn inquired. I laughed but didn’t correct him. Should I have? God, I was so lost. If I was a Queen Bitch with Claire and Melissa, was I one with Finn too? Should I have acted bitchy this entire time? Should I now? Someone please hand me a Coma for Dummies book.” 1 likes