Start by marking “Due South (The Compass #5)” as Want to Read:
Due South (The Compass #5)

Due South

(The Compass #5)

Lucy Miller has worked her way up from coffee-fetcher and copy-maker to invaluable assistant. She’s proud of her accomplishments, but she’s looking forward to a break from her demanding boss; a visit home is just the Christmas treat she needs.

Diligent and unassuming, Chanoch Evans has avoided relationships not just out of shyness, but because he doesn’t feel like he has a
Published December 12th 2016 by Amazon Digital Services (first published October 12th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Due South, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Due South

warhawke
Dec 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Light fun reading

Genre: Erotic Romance
Type: Standalone Book 5 from The Compass series
POV: First Person - Dual
Rating:

For six years Lucy Miller endured her boss' high pressure demands, and this year she was asked to stay behind for Christmas to fix an important project. As a dedicated staff, she poured all her energy to get it done, but an empty office and close proximity with an assuming colleague reawakened a warm and tingly feeling that had previously been dormant.

Chanoch Evans had his eyes on Lucy for quite a
Nicola
Nov 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars
Tamsen Parker hits the spot with the fifth book in The Compass Series; I loved Due South, and Evans and Lucy.

description

I'm rather partial a hero who is more adorably awkward than alpha, considerate, of a quieter nature yet with a strong presence, knows exactly what he's doing between the sheets and has a few surprises up his sleeve. That to me is incredibly sexy and Evans is very much so. And Lucy, I loved her; with a sweet nature, she's smart, owns her sexuality, is confident voicing her wants and needs
Elle
Dec 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
4* with love at christmas STARS!!

Is it a standalone? Kinda. If you're perfectionist also OCD, you need to read this on order. Just because. Both main characters are work for the iron 'fist' maiden, India Burke (from Personal Geography Book #1). This office romance isn't' like others that I've read. Especially this happened on Christmas.

Christmas has been everybody's fave holiday. With her boss' plead and deadline, Lucy Miller must postponed her Christmas. This is also happened to Chanoch Evans.
Tori
Originally posted at Heroes and Heartbreakers-http://www.heroesandheartbreakers.com...

Lucy Miller and Chanoch Evans have worked together for years but have done nothing more than pass each other in the hall, murmuring the occasional sorry and excuse me. Lucy, a transplant from a small ultra-religious town, came to California seeking fame and fortune behind the camera. When that didn’t pan out, she took a secretarial job and slowly worked her way from coffee maker to the boss’s right-handwoman.

Ch
Aly is so frigging bored
I won this ARC in a Shh… [Smut, Heroes & HEAs…] with Alessandra giveaway. It was awesome! I'm not a fan of shy heroines and even less of shy heroes, but Ms Parker did a wonderful job.
Wollstonecrafthomegirl
Oct 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a different kind of novel to the rest of the compass series. The books so far in this series have dealt with some pretty tough characters dealing with some pretty tough issues and, let's face it, working through some of those issues with some reasonably hardcore BDSM. None of these books felt typical to me.

This book, however, treads a more ordinary path. It's an office romance with some great sex with some pretty mild BDSM elements. It's a good, enjoyable, if not particularly memorable
JewelsyGoolsy
DNF @32% - Not doing it for me.

Generally, I like a good, cute, nerdy and shy hero, but I also want those aforementioned heroes to make me swoon and ooh and aww over them. This H was supposed to be all of the above, but I just saw him as another generic office worker that was too uncertain and weak to make me ooh and aww about. Couple that with an ok heroine, an ok office backdrop; and you got yourself an ok read... but not enough for Jewelsy to feel the need to continue.

There were no OW issues
Briar's Reviews
Book Review
Book Title: Due South (Compass Series #5)
Book Author: Tamsen Parker

Introduction: I am OBSESSED with Tamsen Parker's books, so when I got the opportunity to read this book I jumped at the chance! This series has been uber sexy, uber awesome and has always been a pleasant surprise when I pick the book up and can't put it down.

Review:

The Cover - The cover is probably my favourite out of the whole series. I loved True North, but Due South has really upped the game. The contrasting colour
Trader (RedHotBlueReads)
In Due South, India has a project due and two of her best employees are tasked with completing it before the deadline which lands right at the holidays.

Lucy and Evans don't really mind that they are stuck in the office -- both have challenging family situations and after seeing just what their boss is really into, they've decided to break the rules and engage in an office hookup. At least that's how it starts -- they agree to a friends with benefits situation that has an expiration date. After
DemetraP
Jan 15, 2017 rated it it was ok
I liked the idea of 2 shy and awkward co-workers starting an office romance.

Basically they saw their boss having sex with her husband and that inspired them both to be kinky together and start having sex around the office.

I just never felt an emotional connection. He told her about his brother's PTSD after serving in the Middle East and she printed out some brochures on benefits that are available to him.

I guess after working together for 6 years they already knew each other well?
Maria Rose
I had an early copy of this and really enjoyed it - a contrast from the previous books in the series, this one is funny and sexy with less of a BDSM theme and more about two people getting the courage to go for what they want. Hot office sex, combined with laugh out loud internal monologues and a super sweet hero. Delightful!
Xan West
Jan 11, 2018 marked it as dnf
Was listening to the audiobook. Got to 14% and then learned about the MC's disabled vet brother with PTSD and addiction, who was in a car crash. Not up for reading that kind of content today. May finish this later.

Content Warnings through 14%:
(view spoiler)
Jackie
Feb 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
See my full review at ROMANCE NOVELS FOR FEMINISTS:

Kristina
Oct 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I SO related to this story of well intentioned awkwardness and sincerity. It's sweet, steamy, and very "adorkably" funny.

"Has someone ever managed to commit suicide with office supplies? Because I’m so heinously mortified that that seems like a reasonable alternative to having to face Lucy ever again. She turns and smacks straight into the doorframe and I think about getting up to help her, but then my pants would probably fall down and I’d be hobbling after her with them around my ankles and,
Kristin
Oct 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Words cannot express how much I loved this story. Chanoch, or Evans as everyone calls him, has a crush on Lucy. Lucy also thinks Evans is hot but neither has time for a relationship with the demanding India for a boss and the company handbook expressly forbids fraternization between employees. But staying late one night they inadvertently witness Cris, India’s husband, dominating her and they can’t resist any longer.
Both these people are so sweet and battling their inner demons telling them they
Mandi Schreiner
Dec 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotic
Favorite Quote: No, seriously. This is my life. Hyperventilating in my office because my boss almost caught me getting blown by her secretary in her bathroom. After running down a hallway naked except for clothes I'd been wearing over twenty-four hours clutched against my junk.

Office affairs, man. They aren't for the weak.

While the books in this series are stand alones, they have all held a common theme - BDSM. And some have had very intense BDSM with damaged characters looking to be healed. I'v
Lynette
May 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Be still my heart

Evans and Lucy's story was something so unexpected and everything I never knew I always wanted. It was also one of the sexiest books I've ever read. Tamsen Parker, you saucy minx you.

If you have been reading the Compass Series, you have gotten to know Evans throughout the series. You may have even loved him a bit. He's a pretty amazing guy, dedicated worker, and loyal through and through. This book was an ode to the food guy. And Evans is certainly team leader.

Lucy is not one t
Katherine
May 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
So sweet. I loved that we saw the meek & mild Lucy and Evans overcome their shyness and other issues to become lovers and more. Seeing Lucy grow in confidence and Evans too was satisfying. The sex scenes were sometime embarrassing and funny, yet often very hot.

Bought from kobo
Theodora IK
The kink in this book is more in line to mine than the previous books
Liz
Dec 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Adorkable holiday story

Evans and Lucy are awkward and nerdy and sweet and hot together, and one of the most real couples I've ever read in a romance.
Shelly
Dec 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a tricky one for me. I liked the characters. I enjoyed the storyline. I even liked the idea that India, who I can’t stand, seems to be a bit more well-mannered. But something felt off and I don’t know if it was the plethora of sexual escapades for Lucy and Evans or if it was something else. I just can’t put my finger on the culprit.

I didn’t see anything suggesting that this can be, or not, read as a standalone. As I’m very familiar with the previous 4 books I think it would be beneficia
Eleanor (The Book Hammock)
Oct 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Bliss.

Adorable Evans had his little piece of heavenly bliss coming since he basically got India to board the plane to NY in Personal Geography. Or was it Intimate Geography? I can’t remember and it doesn’t matter. What matters is that he deserved it and he finally gets it in Due South.

And this little intro does not by any means to imply that Lucy doesn’t. Deserves the same, that is. LOL

I’ll start by saying I absolutely love the cover of the book. I rarely note my impression about book covers, b
Jeannie Zelos
Nov 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Due South, (The Compass 5),Tamsen Parker

Review from Jeannie Zelos book reviews

Genre:   Romance, Erotica

I love Tamsen’s Compass series, and this time, book five, we meet Lucy and Evans. Its a bit of a departure from the other stories, not the usual Dom and sub story, but more two people who aren’t in to BDSM but get a hint that they might actually like it. Kind of Compass Lite ;-)

Evans and Lucy aren’t into the BDSM scene but then they see India and Cris one night and it shocks them both – they
bookaholic ge
Jan 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book and I loved this series. While The Compass series earlier additions were a little bit darker with the ups and downs that occurred in the lives of the couples in books 1-4 this book was like a light switch flipped on... leaving me feeling light and in love with both Lucy Miller and Chanoch Evans.

Both Chanoch and Lucy were great together both were a little geeky...a whole lotta sexy and incredibly funny. I think I laughed the whole time because they were so real. Tams
Rhonda Ziglar
Dec 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Due South by Tamsen Parker.....OMG, Another great story by this amazing author. This story is sweet, sexy, fun and great characters. I love Lucy and Evan, their story is sweet and loving to each other. Tamsen Parker is moving to the top of my favorite authors, she is such a great storyteller that holds your attention. I voluntarily reviewed an advance readers copy of this book.
Jo
Jan 11, 2017 rated it liked it
I enjoyed Due South for the most part. It was fun and different. I love beta characters in erotic romances and these were great additions to my library. I thought that the characters' personal issues were given more page time than their relationship, though. I would have had much more fun if it had been the other way around.
Cori R.
Nov 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Definitely my favorite book of the series, surprisingly. The love Evans feels for Lucy is so sweet and real that it didn't even feel like kinky sex was missing.
Mardia
Jan 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Really charming.
Alexandria
Jan 23, 2019
Marcia
Dec 12, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Tamsen Parker is a stay-at-home mom by day, erotic romance writer by naptime. She lives with her family outside of Boston, where she tweets too much, sleeps too little and is always in the middle of a book. Aside from good food, sweet rieslings and gin cocktails, she has a fondness for monograms and subway maps. She should really start drinking coffee.

You can sign up for her newsletter here to fin

The Compass (6 books)
  • Personal Geography (The Compass, #1)
  • Intimate Geography (The Compass, #2)
  • Uncharted Territory (The Compass, #3)
  • True North (The Compass #4)
  • The Cartographer (The Compass, #6)