Start by marking “Wolfgang (Wolfgang Chronicles #1)” as Want to Read:
Wolfgang (Wolfgang Chronicles #1)

Wolfgang

(The Wolfgang Trilogy #1)

Sixteen years have passed since the death of Lord Egleaseon, the vampire lord who sought to be human again, defeated by the famous noble lord, Wolfgang. One day after cleansing the surrounding countryside of vampires, Wolfgang returns from his latest expedition only to be faced with the horrible reality that everything he held dear to his heart has been taken from him. His ...more
Published September 21st 2016 by F. D. Gross

To ask other readers questions about Wolfgang, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wolfgang

Start your review of Wolfgang (Wolfgang Chronicles #1)
Matt
Sep 25, 2018 rated it liked it
First and foremost, a large thank you to F. D Gross for providing me with a copy of this publication, which allows me to provide you with an unbiased review.

Having been asked by the writer to read through this book, I gladly took the opportunity to do so, waiting for the ‘ghoulish’ time to approach, when I would inundate myself with other tales of a similar nature. Lord Tenor Alvadine Wolfgang is a heroic vampire hunter like no other. Armed with all the tools of the trade, Wolfgang sets out to
Bradley
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This can be exactly what the doctor ordered...

As long as you've been craving GOOD heavy horror/fantasy films that ramp up the action and the pathos in equal time to fighting the beasties. :) Revenge? Check. Saving his son? Check.

Go Medieval on a ton of monsters? Hell yeah. He IS a vampire hunter, after all. Wolfgang is going to use every weapon available, killing bogarts, swamp things, and of course, VAMPIRES. Traditional ones! With big and beautiful castles! And of course, there's villages and
Helen Power
Synopsis:
Wolfgang is a nobleman who spends his days and nights purging the countryside of the undead. But when he returns home after killing a nest of vampires, he discovers his wife dead, his town in ruins, and his son is missing. Desperate to find his son alive, he must fight a race against time, all the while killing the hoards of undead that are trying to keep him from his goal.

Plot
The book opens with a little preamble setting the stage for the story. It sort of reminds me of the sliding
Ashley Daviau
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I want to start this review by stating that I received a free copy of this novel from the author in exchange for an honest review. This in no way changes or affects my review.

I’m always hesitant about vampire stories because they’re either done really well or really terribly, there doesn’t seem to be an in between. I was quite pleased to find this is one of the stories that does vampires really well! They’re actually quite scary and I loved it. I also really loved all the other creatures the
Trish
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was ok
You know those (mostly old) computer games full of quests against beasts in dark dungeons with beautiful damsels in distress either waiting for you as a prize or being sacrificed at the very beginning to spur the hero on? This is such a story.

An impossibly powerful evil is vanquished in the prologue or, to be more precise, wants and allows to be vanquished. Sixteen years later (no idea what took so long) the hero’s family and nearby village get attacked, he loses everything but his son, and
Maxine (Booklover Catlady)

I had started this in January then had a holiday and things got in the way so I started it again. Firstly I need to say that I'm not a fan generally of Vampire related books but if they are written well I'll rate them highly. This was something quite unexpected.

I really liked the main character, his role as a Vampire hunter and his presence is strong. His role is sometimes not an easy one. He's got plenty of battles to fight.

The plot is interesting and the setting intriguing. This is not sparkly
Kaitlin
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: spfbo-2018
This is one of my #SPFBO reads and it's a Vampire hunter story with a lot of potential, but sadly I don't think it really worked out for me. Personally I find Vampires aren't my favourite type of character, so I was quite happy to watch someone go around hunting them, but it felt quite repetitive to me and in the end I found myself a little bit too detached and estranged from the character to really be invested.

This follows Wolfgang, a famous hunter of Vampires who has been killing them for
Scott Hale
Apr 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of the eBook from the author in exchange for an honest review. I ended up purchasing the paperback on my own.

I had a lot of fun with this book. It called to mind images from the video games series, Castlevania, and classic horror movies. Briskly paced and well-written, Wolfgang was very enjoyable to read. I never found myself bored with it, and I was glad to see there is a second book coming out this year.

Sometimes, I find myself disappointed with horror novels, as they tend to
Alina
All the time I was under the impression that this was the video-story of a game, with vampires, lechers, bogarts, ghouls and zombies and whatnot spawning from everywhere and trying to rip up the main character.
I scan the floor for something but there is nothing. The table breaks, shattering in two, splintering like the door. There is one piece in each hand now. Not all is lost. The bogart lashes out and I stake the cursed thing through its one yellow eye, pushing it through the back of its
Nelson
Jul 12, 2018 rated it did not like it
The first thing I noticed while reading the pages of this book is how much of Castlevania influence there is in it; the setting, the characters, the situations and even the weapons, you can feel that the author has a lot of love for these things, maybe just as much as I do. (there's even a map at the end that looks very much like one of those old Castlevania levels)

But I truly believe that Castlevania's structure does not work when trying to create a narrative in book form. The moment to moment
Jay
Jan 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror
3.5 stars rounded up to 4

Wolfgang's premise reminded me of Gary Whitta's Abomination, which I've loved, so I was very excited to start this book.

What I liked:
I liked that the author had a different take on vampires and appreciated that they had that true creep factor and they weren't some sort of friendly, misunderstood creatures who drank cranberry juice because they didn't want to hurt anyone. Bleh.

I'm also a sucker for fucked up fantasy horror and it was fun to watch how these people dealt
 Charlie - A Reading Machine
Jun 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wolfgang is a great little book. It’s a vampire tale, written more in the style of Castelvania than Twilight (you know it’s a classic) that jumps off the page with surprising vigour and reads like one plays a video game as after a nice introductory scene we are thrust straight into the action. Our protagonist Wolfgang has delivered a life-giving artifact to the Lord Egleaseon (head vampire) expecting to see it destroyed only to see him embrace it, become human and instantly age a thousand years, ...more
Carl Alves
Sep 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wolfgang is a vampire novel set somewhere around the seventeenth century. I wasn’t entirely clear of the date. In this novel, Wolfgang is a lord and a vampire hunter. In the opening scene, he is pivotal in the demise of Lord Egleason, who died after taking possession of a relic. Years later, his wife is murdered and his son abducted, by what seems very obvious from the beginning, a reprisal of vampire Lord Egleason. With his Watson-like sidekick, Kromlich, he sets off to find his son and exact ...more
Fiona
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Set in a world where bumps in the night are the sounds of everything bad you can think of, Wolfgang is the debut novel from F.D. Gross, and shows a lot of potential.

It's a medieval-ish world, though there's mention of electricity near the end, which along with the cast of vampires, ghouls and ghostly beings, helped contribute to the overall feeling that this is a book that could inspire a video game tomorrow. The action starts early and doesn't let go until the last couple of pages - the stakes
Bmquiram
Jul 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wolfgang by F. D. Gross

This story makes me thinkI wouldn’t want to live in a world were the authors nightmares suddenly become reality. Maybe this story isn’t a nightmare, but with the dark and spooky setting and the never ending stream of monsters I can’t imagine it is anything but a bad dream.

I found I was easliy distracted in the first half of the book. As I kept reading it felt like the author was really getting into his own story because I couldn’t help but get swept away by the intense
Fiona (Titch) Hunt
I would like to thank the author for allowing me to read and review this book. I like reading vampire books with a story line. It gives me the insight to the undead (I'm not a vampire lol).

A father & husband on a revenge for what the vampires have done to his wife and son. Thinks that God has left him in his time of need. Where is his servant, why has he taken his son. This story gives you the insight to vampires and what a vampire hunter does (when I read or watch a film, it's not always
Susan Angela Wallace
Feb 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wolfgang by F D Gross is a paranormal read.
Sixteen years have passed since the death of Lord Egleasean, the Vampire lord who sought to be human again, defeated by the famous lord, Wolfgang.
This was a fantastic read with brilliant characters. Wolfgang was my favourite character. Very cleverly written. 5*. I voluntarily reviewed an advanced copy of this book from tbc on fb.
Jeff Dawson
Jul 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Are your ready for one violent, bloody vampire hunter tale? If so, you will love this.
Trevor Alvadine Wolfgang has been hunting vampires and creatures of the dark as long as he can remember. He performs a task for the head of the vampires, Egleason; he brings him the “Hand of God.” Egleason wishes to be human once more, what he doesn’t know nor does, Wolfgang what will happen when he grips the artifact. Think of the movie, “Ghost Rider” when the villain looks into Nicholas’ Cages eyes; all the
Raegan Dalton
Sep 06, 2018 rated it liked it
I was given this book by the author in exchange for an honest review, and an honest, unbiased review I will give.

This book is a fun, fast read for a niche group. People who like gothic fantasy with action will enjoy the tone. The author did a great job of providing a story and setting on a large, epic scale. The world and maps were well thought out and engaging.

There was a heavy influence of video game story-telling throughout the novel. By that I mean that there was a considerable emphasis on
Anette
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy

I did not enjoy the story being told in present tense - somehow it took away from the suspense. And there was a lot of it because this book is action-packed.

A vampire hunter seeking his lost family goes through hell. The descriptions of the nightmares he comes across are so vivid and at times so skillfully graphic that you cannot help but cringe. While vampires have been explored in many ways and I have read
Cynthia Raleigh
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was provided a free copy of Wolfgang in exchange for my honest review.

I love to see artwork/maps related to the story, so the illustrations pleased me right off the bat. This tale is immediately full of action and intrigue; a dark and murky type of intrigue. The story gallops along at a brisk clip through wild carriage rides, battles against and flight from enemies, and struggling through endless corridors filled with the unknown. I very much enjoyed reading about the character's history,
Leah Gunter
Jun 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well that was a fun read! There was just so much action! I do this thing when a lot of action or an exciting scene is happening where I read too fast and then I'm not sure what just happened, I just feel I had to go fast to keep up the characters. So a couple of times I had to tell myself to chill out and slow down. I loved the traditional horror in this, as well. I wouldn't say it is so much scary and more taking horror back to the basics. I also found it refreshing that the protagonist wasn't ...more
Incog Nito
Nov 22, 2016 rated it liked it
This is Van Helsing meets Conan, full to the brim with action and monsters from the warped mind of one F.D Gross.

The book starts at the end of a potential prequel, it throws you right into the middle of chaos and never slows down. The story then jumps forward 16 years where it follows Tenor Wolfgang after his home and town are destroyed by creatures of the night, in the midst of this attack his wife is killed and his teenage son is taken. With a few friends and his faith in God failing this
Jo
Dec 12, 2016 rated it did not like it
I won this book in a Facebook competition.

First I'd like to say I didn't finish this book.
I really struggled just to start this book. The beginning seemed really confusing to me and it didn't really get much better.
It seemed to contain an over use of punctuation and the lack of distinction between who was talking just made the whole thing seem really muddled and confusing.
Chromium Kitty
*grits teeth* I hate first person present tense narrative. I mean, I really, really hate it. I loathe it! I'll get back to that in a moment, though, because there are other things to say and if I linger on that hatred for too long, it'll consume my attention and I won't ever get to anything else! >_<

Anyhow... yeah. I think somebody likes Van Helsing! XD That's okay, I like Van Helsing, too. ;)

I felt like this was well written, though... yeah... that narrative... More later, really!

If you
Uku
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was ok
I would like to thank for Author for wanting honest review and having guts to approach me with their book. I also state that I'm unbridable and 99% neutral and brutally honest when it comes to giving up an opinion. Horror is my guilty pleasure and among fantasy and scifi my favorite thing.

I agrees to because chances were 50/50 to get something good to read. And now you need to remember that what fits for you doesn't nesessary fit for others. And vise versa.

Here we have world where you have to
Amanda
Jul 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
No one is more surprised than I—a renowned scaredy cat—that I have added another monster novel to my library. In the interest of transparency: I was invited to read and review Wolfgang by the author and was provided with a copy of the e-book to review, but my opinions are my own.

Wolfgang starts off with a promising prologue that establishes our hero, Tenor Wolfgang’s, prowess for his duty as a monster hunter and also introduces a relationship with his greatest nemesis that I hope is explored as
Anastasia
Jun 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
The world of vampire fiction has evolved into something either horribly cliche or a teenage romance of forbidden love but in some cases you can find a book that reminds you of what the vampire world can hold. F.D. Gross offers his readers a story that is not filled page to page with cliche but with a story that promises to evolve into something beyond the ordinary. The story of Lord Wolfgang is a nonstop, action filled story of loss and the otherworld.
There was a nice variety of monsters but
Kristi Bernard
Feb 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lord Egleaseon, a vampire, has tormented, tortured and killed for more than a thousand years. There was only one man, Tenor Alvadine Wolfgang, who had the strength and stamina to hunt and kill him. With the Hand of God, a supernatural piece of glass that can turn a vampire mortal, Wolfgang watched Lord Egleaseon fade to dust.

Sixteen years passed and the town of Roland was freed from the terror of Lord Egleaseon. The weapon of the Wolfgang house has been handed down to Dorian, the son who has
Lucile
Jun 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Melanie, Catherine
Shelves: 2018
I have a new book to recommend to my favorite reading friends! I cannot say enough about “Wolfgang” by F. D. Gross. On the surface, it is a book featuring the undead but it is so much more.

Gross has created a whole world inhabited by monsters, priests, trusted friends, and people who do not deserve our trust. Using lyrical and meaningful language F. D. introduces you vampires, bogarts, lechers, and unusual life forms that are difficult to image.

I was impressed with the writing style F. D.
« previous 1 3 next »
Making Connections: 4662. - WOLFGANG by F. D. Gross 1 8 Nov 01, 2016 07:16PM

• The Lock (Eddie Collins, #4.5)
  • Cold Storage
  • Hidden Company
  • Crow's Cottage (Where the Dead Walk #2)
  • Where the Dead Walk
  • Rose (The Sisters' Secrets #1)
  • Blanket of Blood (Gary Blood Crime Series Book 1)
  • The Introvert (The Introvert #1)
  • The Bookminder (The Bookminder #1)
  • The Death Of Jessica Ripley (Eddie Collins #5)
  • The Nudge Man (Harrison Vaughan #1)
  • Jasmine's Story (The Decision, #2)
  • Bury The Bodies (Detective Solomon Gray #4)
  • Burn The Evidence (Detective Solomon Gray #2)
  • The Legacy
  • The First Wave
  • Murder on the Lake of Fire (Mourning Dove Mysteries, #1)
  • Death Opens A Window (Mourning Dove Mysteries, #2)

F. D. Gross is the creator and writer of The Wolfgang Trilogy series, Wolfgang and Inquisition, and is currently working on his third full length novel. Frank writes many different types of fiction and experiences the world for inspiration. Traveling is a passion and resting in haunted places is another. He also works in a haunted house for fun.

A new legend in vampire hunting emerges with his

The Wolfgang Trilogy (2 books)
  • Inquisition (The Wolfgang Trilogy #2)