Start by marking “Edge Of Fear (T-FLAC #9)” as Want to Read:
Edge Of Fear (T-FLAC #9)

Edge Of Fear (T-FLAC #9)

4.02  ·  Rating details ·  1,578 Ratings  ·  61 Reviews
He would rewrite the past to save the woman he loves.

The fearless Caleb Edge is one of three brothers assigned to the top-secret paranormal unit of an elite counterterrorism group. As a prized T-FLAC agent, Caleb uses his special mystical gifts to rewind history, halt evil in its tracks, and protect innocent people . . . like Heather Shaw.

The beautiful daughter of a terro
Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages
Published July 25th 2006 by Ballantine Books (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Edge Of Fear, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Edge Of Fear

Mr. Perfect by Linda HowardAfter the Night by Linda HowardHard Evidence by Pamela ClareUnlawful Contact by Pamela ClareNaked in Death by J.D. Robb
Best Romantic Suspense
1,828 books — 2,428 voters
The Cherry Orchard by Anton ChekhovIf Life Is a Bowl of Cherries What Am I Doing in the Pits? by Erma BombeckCherry Cheesecake Murder by Joanne FlukeThe Children of Cherry Tree Farm by Enid BlytonMary Poppins in Cherry Tree Lane by P.L. Travers
Cherry Picking
129 books — 27 voters

More lists with this book...

Kathrynn
Feb 12, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Romantic Suspense with Wizards
Recommended to Kathrynn by: Auntee
I loved this book! This is book #9 in the T-FLAC series, !but! it is #2 in Edge Trilogy (subset) WITHIN the T-FLAC series. I believe, a person could read the trilogy--in order--as they really stand on their own. If you enjoy them, could decide to back up and read the rest, but the Edge Trilogy are the only ones that have paranormal-suspense, so far..

This is book #2 in the Edge Trilogy and you MUST read book #1 in the Edge Trilogy first. You MUST MUST MUST read the Edge Trilogy in order!!!!!!

This
TinaMarie
Jan 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Caleb is sent to Heather to find her father. They are combustible. Heather is on the run after her mother is killed. Caleb's powers get wonky and they make stupid decisions that end up getting her kidnapped.
Kathy
Alex is The Romance Fox
As I turned the last page of Edge of Fear, Cherry Adair’s 9th book in her The Men of T-FLAC The Edge Brothers, I felt a bit sad – I so wanted to know more about these characters that set a spell on me from the time I met them. Bean I fell in love before he was ever born – I can’t wait to meet him when he arrives in this world.

Caleb and his two brothers, Gabriel & Duncan are wizards and agents in one of the units of the paranormal and very secret outfit named T-FLAC, who fight evil terrorist
PepperP0t
This installment as well as Edge of Danger & Edge of Darkness work together as a trilogy within the overall series, none of the others are linked as closely so far.
Psi/T-FLAC agent Caleb Edge's latest assignment has him searching for terrorist banker Brian Shaw. It's decided that the quickest way to that end is through Shaw's daughter. Heather Shaw has had no contact with her father for a year; she is still learning how to live under an assumed name and take care of herself in her lonely ex
Christine Dahl
Feb 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Action, adventure, magic

I first read this book years ago in hard copy. This series of three books is one of my favorites because characters have depth and there is action and romance. Add magic and author does deliver some unexpected plot twists. I like that this book is a stand alone read but for the most fun I re-read the series beginning with the first book.
AndreaH
Nov 22, 2013 rated it it was ok
Liked this way better than the first in this trilogy (it truly stands alone).
Maybe because the suspension of belief needed to buy into Caleb's ability to travel back and rewind time makes every else so believable.
Maybe because Caleb doesn't fight tooth and nail against falling in love.
Maybe because he is a hero with clay feet: he's hurt, he's bored, he can be a pain in the butt, he doesn't balk at a one-night stand.
Maybe because when he finds out he got the girl pregnant, he want to try to do th
Rosi
Oct 19, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
Wow! I did not expect for this book to be such a good read. This is T-Flac series #9, but it is also T-FLAC/PSI #2..so its a series within the series. We meet the middle wizard brother, aptly coined, Middle Edge. I really enjoyed several scenes, especially the "accidental meeting" at the grocery store. I am convinced that he used his assignment as an excuse to push their relationship with Heather as oppose to using Heather to further his assignment. I think during these scenes he was more honest ...more
Cynthia
Once again, I picked up a book from my local library's donated book sale shelf. I really, really wanted to like this more but had major problems with the whole time shifting/changing scenario, an unbelievable heroine, and a "come on" ending.

The hero, Caleb Edge, a wizard and T-FLAC agent, has the ability to rewind time to manipulate the outcome of a situation to his liking. Of course, this comes with physical setbacks for Caleb for a short time, but these he overcomes and then all is well again.
Mom
Aug 25, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-during-2010
The wizard idea was a great concept, wouldn't it be cool to have thos abiities! Even the baby. I really enjoyed it.

He would rewrite the past to save the woman he loves.

The beautiful daughter of a terrorism finan
Shelley
Edge of Fear was an excellent book that I would highly recommend if you like a book that's action packed & has real racy sex scenes. It has an alpha male Caleb, (who is a wizard & a T-FLAC operative) that can't tell Heather the truth that he is deeply in love with her due to a 500yr old family curse. So instead he just uses her to get close to her fugitive dad (all in the name of duty over love). Only complications arise- some hilarious . This book was fast paced & had me on edge thr ...more
De
Sep 17, 2008 rated it it was ok
i wasn't really into this book. I had assumed it was a trilogy about the edge brothers, and while it is part of a larger series, the books weren't written in the manner i had expected. In the trilogies I am use to reading their is an interaction between the main characters, and while moving through each book you see each character grow into themselves. in the "edge of" books, each brother goes through his adventure/falling in love simultaneously--you don't see them interact with each other, or w ...more
Cindy
Apr 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Edge of Fear is all about Caleb Edge and is the second book in Cherry's Edge brothers TFLAC trilogy. Caleb is a wizard who has the ability to literally rewind time backwards. He is assigned to protect Heather Shaw and use her to track down her father who is a terrorism financier who is in hiding and also murdered Heather's mother. Caleb and Heather are both taken with each other from the start and give in to their feelings for each other and this leads to bean, their unborn baby. I loved this bo ...more
Nawnee
This was a great ending the the three part Edge trilogy. Ive been dying to find out if the curse was lifted for years now, I could never remember the authors name by chance I finally ran across these books in ebooks and finished the last two in two days. I enjoyed the charayers and the story line this was definetly an easy read if your inbetween books. I don't know if the rest of this series is worth picking up. But I might just wait to see if I can borrow some from the library before I spend an ...more
Melissa
Apr 22, 2016 rated it it was ok
I was disappointed by this one. I was irritated by the hero, who bulldozed over the heroine often, and it was always "for her own good." Also, although I won't post spoilers, the ending in all of its many aspects just seemed lazy and/or convenient. Lastly, I know this is a weird complaint, but I kept getting distracted by the hero's *lack* of cursing. Each situation he was in seemed dramatically worthy of a few curses, and the frequent use of "freaking" in life-or-death scenarios struck me as od ...more
Stephanie
May 05, 2013 rated it liked it
Whispersndawind
Jan 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved this second story from the powerful Edge brothers trilogy. This story focuses on the middle brother Caleb who can time travel. When he seeks out Heather to get information on her fathers' current location he gets more than what he bargained for in her. Caleb is willing to travel back through time to ensure their unborn sons future. I love how the story is set at the same time Gabriels' story is happening tying in the possible way to break the curse.
Michelle
Great read. I've read the few shorts for this series and though they were they were good. This the first full novel for the Tflac series that I've read and I've changed my opinion. This series is great I love it. I really have to say though even after what little I've seen of her I hope Lark gets her shorty too. Definitely recommend this series to those who enjoy Cindy Gerard and Lora Leigh and Lucy Monroe.
Natalie
Oct 28, 2012 rated it liked it
This is book 9 in the T-FLAC series and book 2 in the Edge Brothers Trilogy. I liked this one too but quite honestly, not enough to bother reading book 3 other than to find out what happens to the first two couples in the end. Formulaic paranormal romance, well written but nothing special. Action, adventure, kidnappings, terrorists, paranormal hero saves the day, blah, blah, blah. Oh, and some sex too.
Julie
Feb 23, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2015-read
I struggled through the first 3/4 of this book to actually motivate myself to finish it, but I pushed myself because I hate to leave a book in it's middle.

The first part is all about cravings and lust and sex - not a lot of building up the actual story of the main characters.

The last 1/4 of the book finally gets into the action and pulls together the story and managed to pull me in...

If you can get through the first part then it can be enjoyable. Maybe skip the first 3/4?
Ariel
Oct 19, 2011 rated it liked it
3.5 stars really....good energy and flow, although very perdictable. I am typically a series reader because I usually end up with a interest in alot of the main characters or more often then not, the side characters. I enjoy keeping up with them or see how their stories unfold...really liked alot of the "team" and will continue on to see if and how they develop.
Book Him Danno
Oct 03, 2009 rated it it was ok
Worse then the last, this was one passionate moment after another and the story lacked bite, sex sex sex sex again. I really need a bit more story mixed in with the sex to make the series worth reading. I have a friend who passes these books to me and they are short, they have to be. The poor characters get tired after all that sex.
Linda
Oct 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is the 2nd book in the paranormal division of T-Flac. You meet Caleb Edge and Heather Shaw. Caleb is a wizard who is assigned to find Brian Shaw. Heather is Brain’s daughter and she is also in hiding but in plain sight. There’s a lot of action involving Caleb and Heather so be sure to read this book.
Diana Brown
Feb 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Edge of Fear is the 2nd Edge story, and another favorite. Caleb is a wizard, and his power is the ability to rewind history (Tevo anyone??) He is assigned to get close to Heather Shaw and after several mis-steps, (getting several chances to make a first impression) hookups with Heather, creating a Mini-Edge along the way to stopping evil, and saving the world.
Maureen
Let's face it... this is trash... but it's very delicious trash. ;-)

{SPOILER ALERT}

I normally don't like pregnancy books, but Cherry handled this one with excellent humor, which made it bearable for me. Loved "Mini Edge", aka Bean. Hope we get to watch him grow up.
Amber Gray
May 08, 2008 rated it it was ok
This book started off great, but soon went downhill. Many parts of it were boring and I ended up skipping through them. I wish she would have just stuck to a military themed book, the whole idea of Caleb being a wizard was just odd, and added nothing to the story.
Colleen
Jan 13, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Now I loved this one in the Edge/TFLAC series. I can't explain why since it still had a lot of the paranormal aspects, but it didn't spook me as much as the first one did. Romance aspect of the story was great IMO.
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
More paranormal! This was a good one too. I like when there are brothers. What is it about hot brothers who have a little extra "omph" that makes me want more? This was a sweet fast read. Good for those who enjoy light paranormal stories.
Julie Brengard
Feb 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great one. I love the second in this trilogy! Cherry does it again! I really enjoy paranormal books and this one is even better since it is part of her TFLAC books. The enhanced makes this nice with the extras!
Mandi
Apr 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE ALL OF THE LINGO RIGHT OFF THE BAT IN THIS BOOK! IT MAKES ME FEEL LIKE I HAVE AN IN! LOL CALEB IS FAVORITE EDGE BROTHER AND I LOVE HOW THEY SHOW UP IN EACH OTHERS STORIES. OUT OF ALL OF CHERRY'S BOOKS THESE ARE THE ONLY THREE I RECOMMEND THAT YOU READ IN ORDER.
  • Under the Wire (The Bodyguards, #5)
  • On the Loose (Steele Street, #7)
  • Last Chance (Last Chance Rescue, #6)
  • Beyond a Shadow (Smithson Group SG-5 #4)
  • Too Hot to Hold (Hold Trilogy, #2)
  • A Kiss to Kill (Passion For Danger, #3)
  • First You Run (Bullet Catcher, #4)
  • Date With a Devil
  • Virtually His (Virtually, #1)
  • Time to Run (SEAL Team 12, #3)
Always an adventurer in life as well as writing, New York Times best-selling author Cherry Adair moved halfway across the globe from Cape Town, South Africa to the United States in her early years to become a interior designer. Now a resident of the Pacific Northwest she shares the award- winning adventures of her fictional T-FLAC counter terrorism operatives with her readers.

Cherry settled in bea
More about Cherry Adair

T-FLAC (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • The Mercenary (T-FLAC, #1)
  • Kiss and Tell (T-FLAC, #2)
  • Hide and Seek (T-FLAC, #3)
  • In Too Deep (T-FLAC, #4)
  • Out of Sight (T-FLAC, #5)
  • On Thin Ice (T-FLAC #6)
  • Hot Ice (T-FLAC, #7)
  • Edge of Danger (T-FLAC, #8)
  • Edge of Darkness (T-FLAC, #10)
  • White Heat (T-FLAC, #11)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • I Heart Paris
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Four Swans: A Novel of Cornwall, 1795-1797 (Poldark)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Choice
  • Saving Zoë
    $7.80 $2.99
  • The Silver Linings Playbook
    $9.99 $3.99
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $1.99
“Heather: What about my husband and the children?
Caleb: Do you have a husband?
Heather: No
Caleb: Single mother?
Heather: No
Caleb: Will you have mine?
Heather: Would I have to have seven?
Caleb: How about three?
Heather: Three’s good
Caleb: They’ll be boys, of course
Had he moved closer?
Heather: What if I’d prefer six or seven daughters?
Caleb: As much as I would love to have ten beautiful daughters with eyes the color of sunlit whiskey, and the hair color of honey all of whom look like their gorgeous mother, I’m afraid if you insist on girls we’ll have to adopt. There hasn’t been a female born in my family for five hundred years.
Heather: Really?
Caleb: Really. Does this mean you’ll marry me?
Heather: Isn’t this a little quick?
Caleb: Don’t you believe in love at first sight?
Heather: Is this what this is? I thought it was hunger?
Caleb: Of a sort.
-Caleb Edge and Heather meet not for the first time in a grocery store.”
1 likes