Start by marking “Doctor Who: Helicon Prime” as Want to Read:
Doctor Who: Helicon Prime

Doctor Who: Helicon Prime (The Companion Chronicles #2.2)

3.48  ·  Rating details ·  95 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
It's been a long time since Jamie McCrimmon remembered anything about his travels with the Doctor, but his visit to Helicon Prime just won't stay hidden... but why remember their murder investigation now?
Audio CD
Published November 30th 2007 by Big Finish Productions

To ask other readers questions about Doctor Who, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Doctor Who

Jacqueline O.
Helicon Prime is the second of Big Finish's Companion Chronicles I've listened to. The format is somewhat between a true audiobook and one of Big Finish's audio plays. Frazier Hines reads the story and plays the parts of Jaime, and, surprisingly well, the Second Doctor (I didn't realise it was Frazier at all at first). Suzanne Proctor plays the part of Mindy Voir, and then Frazier reads the descriptions. It helps that in this story, Jaime is actually telling his story to someone else. Also, the ...more
Aidan
Sep 10, 2011 rated it really liked it
Helicon Prime is perhaps not the most challenging Doctor Who story ever written but I found it to be a very enjoyable adventure for the second Doctor and Jamie.

Much of what makes Helicon Prime so entertaining to listen to is the splendid reading by Frazer Hines who, once again, manages to really capture the inflections and personality of Troughton's Doctor and bring the character to life.

He is supported by actress Suzanne Proctor who plays singer Mindy Voir, who joins Jamie in his investigations
Emma Larsson
Feb 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Aaaah! I've missed Doctor Who so much! I've missed Jamie and the Second Doctor!

At the moment I can't really think of anything to say about the story itself. It was just such a treat to hear something from Doctor Who again that I was smiling throughout the whole story.

Also; Frazer Hines is amazing. Just amazing!
Cthonus
Feb 12, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobooks
Frazer Hines turns in an excellent performance as both Jamie and the Second Doctor and sets the bar for future releases.

This is a rather mixed tale of Fifth Element-style singers and Starwars Universe aliens somewhat light hearted in nature.

Oh. And I guessed immediately who the final villain of the piece would turn out to be despite some red herrings being thrown in to add verisimilitude to the proceedings.
Angela
Jun 28, 2014 rated it liked it
The Doctor and Jamie have a holiday, only problem is someone is murdered in the hotel and the killers are after a lost treasure. This is a fun, if somewhat predictable story. The joy is in Fraser Hines portrayal of the 2nd Doctor, and the interplay between the two characters. A good listen.
Nicholas Whyte
I've seen some rave reviews of Helicon Prime out there; I'm afraid it didn't especially grab me, as I thought the plot was pretty unoriginal, but I felt that the planet of Helicon itself was well portrayed and that Frazer Hines made a decent effort at catching Troughton.[return]
Anne Barwell
Feb 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audio-play
Frazer Hines does a great job. His Patrick Troughton is spot on. I always loved 2nd Doctor/Jamie adventures and this doesn't disappoint.
Noah Soudrette
Apr 24, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio, doctor-who
While the story here isn't anything spectacular, Frazier Hines reading is amazing. His impression of Patrick Troughton's Doctor is spot on, and he's just a joy to listen to.
Ritchie
May 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Fraser Hines reads this one featuring his character Jamie. He also does a smashing imitation of the late Patrick Troughton.
Debra Cook
Mar 17, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobooks
It was okay. Nothing gripping. Though Frazier Hines does a great Patrick Troughton imitiation.
Jeramy Spicer
Oct 14, 2012
Keith
Dec 22, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Librarian note: There is more than one author on goodreads by this name.
More about Jake Elliot

The Companion Chronicles (1 - 10 of 90 books)
  • Doctor Who: Frostfire