Start by marking “Witch-Hunt (The Legend of the Ice People, #2)” as Want to Read:
Witch-Hunt (The Legend of the Ice People, #2)

Witch-Hunt

(Sagaen om Isfolket #2)

Seventeen year-old Silje Arngrimsdotter struggles to come to terms with the harshness of life in a high mountain valley among the witches and warlocks of the mysterious Ice People. Having fled there for her life with her adored 'wolf man' and two foundling infants from the Trondheim plague, Silje has bravely borne their first child.
Published November 1st 2008 by Tagman Press (UK) (first published January 1st 1982)

To ask other readers questions about Witch-Hunt, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Witch-Hunt

Sh3lly

The Ice People 1 - Spellbound - ★★★★

Buddy read with the MacHalo group.

This continues Silje and Tengel’s story. They now have a baby, along with the two foster children Silje rescued, and must leave the valley where the Ice People live. This is really a good thing because everyone there talks trash about them and they don’t have any friends to speak of.
Celise
I forgot that I even finished this. I feel like nothing really significant happened here. I barely remember how it ended and I only read this last week. All I can pull out of my memory is an odd conversation about boys having sex with cows. Or some such. It was vague.

Buddy read with the MacHalo group!

2/45 books in the series complete!
Sylwia
Jul 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The books are so good that the all 47 parts seem to be not many enough all of a sudden!
Marianne Søiland
Jan 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Andreboka i Isfolket-serien, om barneheksa Sol. Nok et trivelig gjenhør.
Maddie
Apr 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rereading. Always going to be good.
Isabel
Apr 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first half of the book deserved 5 stars, but then in middle of the book there were a seven year leap and instead of seeing two or three characters POV there were now at least three times more characters, which made the story fizz out.

The beginning picks up where the previous book left of and we get to hear how Silje and her family has settled into living in the valley and how they leave.

The second half circle mostly about Sol and her curiosity about witchcraft, sexual
Leseparatist
Z pozoru: ciąg dalszy życia idealnej Silje.

W rzeczywistości: Sol zostaje złą czarownicą, uwodzi i rzuca uroki, a jak podrośnie, to już w ogóle zacznie się umawiać z diabłem. Typowe.

To są serio dziwne książki.
Latające książki
Apr 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy-books
Są książki, które wcale nie są specjalnie wybitne, raczej zaliczam je do przeciętniaków, ale mimo to je czytam, bo chcę się dowiedzieć co stanie się dalej. Uparłam się, ze przeczytam całą Sagę o Ludziach Lodu. No przecież to "tylko" 47 części. Przeczytałam już 2. Byłam oczarowana poprzednią częścią pełną magii i tajemnic. Ta jest naprawdę dobra, ale trochę bardziej zwyczajna.

Jest to kontynuacja przygód Silje, Tengela oraz dzieci: Liv, Sol, Dana i Arego. Wszystko zaczyna się w zaczarowanej Dolin
Regitze
Minor spoilers for book 1 might appear, I try to avoid spoilers of this book.

The second book of The Legend of the Ice People is called Heksejagten (Danish for 'The Witch Hunt') and it picks up 3 years after the first book ends and we hear about Silje and Tengel's lives and their little family as they try to survive in the frozen wilderness. Most of what's happened in those 3 years gets referred to, but not explicitly shown, something that is consistent with the first book; it does a lot of telling and less s
Anna
May 10, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: margit-sandemo
The Witch-hunt
Silje, happy wife of Tengel, started to live with her husband in Ice People Valley. But she was missing the places she was forced to leave. Here in the valley she felt alienated, especially she was afraid of old witch Hannah, who was teaching little Sol her devilish tricks. The danger hanged above teh valley. It wad Hannah, who predicted the tragedy and she was never wrong.

Tragedy, love, magic, passion - absolute masterpiece of very popular literature.
Egill Arnarsson
Oct 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Legend of the Ice People is a FANTASTIC saga-series of 47 books! I already read them in Danish many years ago and as I can see it has been published in English, I want to read it in English now. The series is about war, love, power, and a lot more! It is clearly a series for all book lovers. In my opinion, one of the best and most comprehensive series I have read!
Snofte
May 18, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone with an interest in semi historical sagas.
The love between Tengel and Silje grows and so does the treats of the world outside. I like this book, this along with others in the series I can read many many times in a row. There is so much juicy drama and so many cliff hangers. When you read toward the end your grin just gets bigger and bigger because you with every fiber in your body think that Silje and Tengel got what they deserved.
Tanja Berg
Jul 29, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: family-saga
Jag trodde det skulle vara ett större hopp mellan bok 1 och 2, men det var det inte. Till min stora glädje var Silje och Tengel huvudpersoner också i denna. Dalen de gömmer sig i blir invaderad och de måste fly med sina små barn. I tillägg är Silje gravid igen. Lyckan vänder när hon tar mod till sig att kontakta sitt ena hittebarns rika mor. Lättläst och underhållande.
Oliwka
May 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read whole series probably like at least 10 years ago and it was in Polish but I loved it. I truly recommend it. I recommend reading books by any Scandinavian writers!
Dominika
I understand how this can hold a lot of sentomental value for people who read it in their teens, but I find it too naive to really appreciate it, reading it for the first time in my late twenties.
Helga Ingimundardóttir
Dec 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: Ískisur
Marionetka Literacka
Czasem autorzy poszczególnych powieści, blogów i nie mówię tutaj jedynie o stronach dotyczących tematyki książkowej, jak i autorzy innych elementów tworzących naszą kulturę dochodzą do wniosku, iż można byłoby postawić przed sobą pewnego rodzaju wyzwanie. Tak jak dla Margit Sandemo pewnym wyzwaniem musiało być napisanie czterdziestu siedem tomów jednego cyklu powieści, tak dla mnie sporym wyzwaniem będzie zrecenzowanie każdego z nich po kolei.

Drugi tom „Sagi o Ludziach Lodu” poszerza horyzonty,
Sofia Lynd
I did not like this part as much as the first one. I still love the characters of Tengel and Silje, as well as many of the other major characters. Considering the reader doesn’t really spend that much time with each character, you get a really great feel for all of them, you sympathise with them, even when they act somewhat questionably.

The reason this part was not as good as the first, in my opinion, is because it feels like two books. The first half is great, largely because you ge
Matilda
Jul 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay. These books are very easy to read, the plot is fast paced and the characters are easy to remember (at least so far..). I did have my doubts with Charlotte, and I still don't know if I really like her being the mother of Dag, but as long as the characters are happy.. And Sol! I was quite surprised at her behaviour. I loved seeing Benedict and the maidens again, and the kindness that Charlotte and her mother gave Silje and her family was amazing.
Ellinore Westergren
What's special about this book series is that it is narrated through the generations. It doesn't have sub plots that tie together, no bit twists or turns. It's just about a family and what happens in their life, step by step.

I feel that the series is intended for a younger audience, probably ages 13-16, but it's a great read nonetheless. The characters are not that deep and they have pretty predictable personalities. Maybe I will want to finish the 47 volumes, maybe not.
Overlady
I like this book way more than the first one.
I feel like the main characters are way more interesting in a role of parents, rather than inexperienced lovers.
First half of the book is still being told from the perspective of Silje, while the 2nd half is told mainly from perspective of sol and few other characters.
I feel like this book served us as a 2nd part of introduction to the series. Judging by the ending you can tell that the series will truly get good starting from the 3r
Izabella (Pages Full of Stars)
I liked the first book in this saga but the second one didn't grab me the same way. The plot and the characters were okay but they didn't engage me much. Still, it's a quick read and good for fans of sagas.
Malin V.
En stark, välskriven uppföljare till Trollbunden.
Boken rymmer en stor portion charm, en hel del spänning och karaktärer jag känner för.
Även detta är en bok vars sidor nästan vänder sig av sig själva.
Erik Rosengren
It was actually everything I wanted, which includes surprises.
Mia Nilsson
2,5?
ganska händelselös och lite långtråkig
Amalie Ørbak
Å Sol, ditt onde lille krek av et barn. Hva skulle Silje og Tengel- hele Isfolket gjort uten deg?
Winter
Aug 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-read
4,5 Stars
Carolin
Mer fart än ettan i serien. Bådar gott inför nästa.
Willinda
Jan 26, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own, rc, read-in-2011
4,5/5
.........

Znovu se setkáváme se Silje, Tengelem a jejich dětmi. Rodinka žije odříznuta od okolního světa v Údolí prokletých s Tengelovými příbuznými. Když je ale místo pobytu celé skupiny vyzrazeno vojákům, rodinka prchá z Údolí. Jenže nemají kam jít, a tak Silje využívá jediné možnosti, jak svou rodinu zachránit. Nalézt Dagovu pravou matku a požádat ji o pomoc. Když Charlotte Meiden slyší, že její syn je živ a zdráv a že o něj bylo dobře postaráno, rozhodne se okamžitě cel
Goodreads Librari...: Add data 11 27 Feb 03, 2018 07:10AM

• Freja (Sagan om Valhalla, #1)
  • Råta (Ravneringene, #2)
  • I en förvandlad stad (Stadserien, #4)
  • Berättelser från Engelsfors (Engelsfors, #2.5)
  • Salem on Trial (Sabrina the Teenage Witch, #8)
  • S hlavou v oblacích (pejru)
  • Nordiska väsen
  • The Downfall of the Gods - Ragnarok
  • Unto a Good Land (The Emigrants, #2)
  • The Winter Queen (Tudor Queens, #1)
  • Skuggornas barn (Skuggserien, #3)
  • Jerusalem
  • Vertigo (Channeling Morpheus,  #2)
  • Taken by the Wicked Rake (Regency Silk & Scandal, #8)
  • Idas Dans
  • Ja, diablica (Wiktoria Biankowska, #1)
Margit Sandemo was a Norwegian-Swedish historical fantasy author. She has been the best-selling author in the Nordic Countries since the 1980s, when her novel series of 47 books, The Legend of the Ice People, was published. She has also written many other book series such as Häxmästaren and Legenden om Ljusets rike.

Sagaen om Isfolket (1 - 10 of 47 books)
  • Trollbundet (Sagaen om Isfolket, #1)
  • Avgrunnen (Sagaen om Isfolket, #3)
  • Lengsel (Sagaen om Isfolket, #4)
  • Dødssynden (Sagaen om Isfolket, #5)
  • Den onde arven (Sagaen om Isfolket, #6)
  • Spøkelsesslottet (Sagaen om Isfolket, #7)
  • Bøddelens datter (Sagaen om Isfolket, #8)
  • Den ensomme (Sagaen om Isfolket, #9)
  • Vinterstorm (Sagaen om Isfolket, #10)
  • Blodhevn (Sagaen om Isfolket, #11)