Start by marking “Full Wolf Moon (Jeremy Logan, #5)” as Want to Read:
Full Wolf Moon (Jeremy Logan, #5)

Full Wolf Moon

(Jeremy Logan #5)

Legends, no matter how outlandish, are often grounded in reality. This has been the guiding principle behind the exhilarating career of Jeremy Logan, the "enigmologist" — an investigator who specializes in analyzing phenomena that have no obvious explanation. Logan has often found himself in situations where keeping an open mind could mean the difference between life and d ...more
Published May 16th 2017 by Doubleday Books

To ask other readers questions about Full Wolf Moon, please sign up.
Adahy78 I loved it!! The atmosphere of the book was great
PM Atterberry I used to really enjoy Child's solo efforts as well as the Pendergast novels with Douglas Preston, but they have really gone downhill recently. This b…moreI used to really enjoy Child's solo efforts as well as the Pendergast novels with Douglas Preston, but they have really gone downhill recently. This book seemed very formulaic and predictable. The red herrings were obvious and some of the dialogue just painful. As an example, at one point, a woman who was supposed to be an accomplished naturalist say, "They say it was a bear - or a feral wolf." Really? There was a pack of domesticated wolves, and one got loose and is living in the wild? If you are going to write smart characters, you can't have them saying screamingly stupid things like that. I know it's a tiny point, but things like that get to me. I hope Child (and Preston) can get back to taking the time to develop a really good story, instead of just churning them out James-Patterson style. (less)

Start your review of Full Wolf Moon (Jeremy Logan, #5)
Shelby *trains flying monkeys*

Jeremy Logan is taking a break to go deep into the Adirondack mountains and finish his paper/book (He calls is some fancy-smancy name) and once he gets there he sees that his old college friend is now the park ranger for the area...and some funky stuff has been happening when the moon is full.
 photo tumblr_o31udg9wpy1rqlyzwo1_500_zpsepul7mfh.gif

His friend reaches out to him to help with what's going on. The reason why is Logan is an "enigmologist"--an investigator who specializes in analyzing phenomena that have no obvious explanation
LadyJBookishNook
For all my reviews, visit my blog at http://ladyjbookishnook.blogspot.com

My Review

What a great book!! The main character is Jeremy Logan, a scholar and professor of history at Yale. Jeremy is working on a written study of heresy in the Middle Ages and decides to go to a mountain lodge called Cloudwater in the heart of Adirondack State Park to complete it.

An old college friend of Jeremy’s, Randall Jessup, shows up one day at his cabin and asks for his help. Randall is a park ranger investiga

Kimberly
May 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: series, creatures, death
FULL WOLF MOON, by Lincoln Child, is the fifth book in the Jeremy Logan series. Jeremy Logan is trying to take a break from his sideline of "enigmalogist", and get back to writing his paper at the Cloudwater Writer's retreat in the Adirondacks. Of course, his "other abilities" are called upon when his college friend, now a Lieutenant Ranger for the NY Department of Forest Protection, Randall Jessup, brings a case to his attention.

". . . legends--no matter how outlandish they sound--have a gro
Mike
May 18, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
One of his worst. Boring and predictable.

This book was sadly disappointing.

While I used to enjoy the Preston and Child stories on the adventures of Agent Pendergast, their creativity of late seems to be on the wan.

Unfortunately this is true for Lincoln Child's solo stories.

Yes, the story is well written, but it's like receiving a well knitted ugly Christmas sweater.
You can appreciate the quality of the construction but the product itself is not something you enjoy.
Kevin Printz
Mar 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Let me first begin by saying that I am a huge fan of Lincoln Child's solo novels. Maybe even more so than the Pendergast series that he co-authors with, Douglas Preston. I have read every Jeremy Logan book in the series up to this point, and I love how each novel is a different adventure, set in an even more exotic setting than the last.

Jeremy Logan has been to just about the craziest places on earth that you could imagine. Whether it's at the bottom of the ocean, Alaska's remote Federal Wildl
 Reading Reindeer
Review of FULL WOLF MOON by Lincoln Child

Suspension of disbelief provides strong tension throughout as our protagonist himself struggles with his intent to maintain an open mind. Dr. Jeremy Logan, Yale Professor of History, is by avocation (and a growing reputation), an "enigmalogist,' an individual who studies and investigates odd phenomena without an apparent cause. For example, Dr. Logan has investigated "Nessie," Scotland's Loch Ness Monster.

When the novel commences, he is ensconcing himsel
Minx
Full Wolf Moon starts off with a gruesome and mysterious attack, death by mauling, that has the investigators stymied. These attacks are nothing like they have ever seen and seem to be occurring in relation with the full moon. At the start these attacks are thought to be caused by a rouge bear or wolf. Mysteriously though, the true culprit can’t seem to be identified. There is just something off about the bodies that they find. Nothing seems to add up. The locals start whispering about superstit ...more
Jaksen
Jul 22, 2017 rated it liked it
First off, I am a HUGE fan of Lincoln Child, who often writes with Douglas Preston. Books by the pair, or books each has written alone are (almost) always added to my fav. list here on Goodreads. I have re-read many a book by them, but having said that...

This book was a huge disappointment. Formulaic, trope-laden, and seemingly, written in a rush. If I had to read about the 'bloated moon' one more time...and then I did, near the end. Not that 'bloated' isn't a good description for a huge full mo
Paul
Jul 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
its all about timing. i started this book and was intrigued but not hooked. then when the weather warmed i settled down and got into this novel that combines science and supernatural elements.
has some interesting theories, don't know how based in reality but it keeps it from being fluff. yet a super beach read as it is not too heavy and is very plot oriented
Carlissa
Feb 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Carlissa by: Netgalley
Another great installment in the Jeremy Logan series. This one kept me reading way into the night, then up early to finish it!

My thanks to Netgalley, the publisher, and the author for the opportunity to read this book.
Cheryl
May 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
A fast-paced, creepy read. It reminded me of one of the better "monster of the week" X-Files episodes, with a little influence from Lovecraft's The Dunwich Horror. Lots of fun, if you're in the mood for a Creature Feature.
Joe
Jun 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Liked the book

You need to be a science fiction addict to read this, it is outside of normal mystery. But Lincoln is writing on the edge of reality. Really liked the book.
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Better than the last, narrator. So it must have been the book in the last one.

This was a decent read. Would I rec, sure if your a fan of the author. I wouldn’t necessarily rec to someone who has never read.

The plot was okay. Again far fetched but plausible to the storyline. Yes this is fiction and it’s a product of the author’s imagination. The question is did the author make me a believer. Not so much.

It could be me. Maybe I wasn’t in the mood for a mystery/suspense/thriller. IDK

I saw this one
Marialyce
Jun 02, 2017 rated it liked it
It is always fun for this reader to spend a few hours reading and enjoying Mr Child's imagination. His books so often offer that bit of scary escapism that is sometimes not very literary, but a break from all those books that foster so much thinking. In this novel, he conjures up the old tale of werewolves and presents a case for the legend that surrounds their myth.

Jeremy Logan, enigmologist is hot on the trail trying to investigate a spate of vicious killings occurring in the Adirondack Mount
Stefan
Jun 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the third Jeremy Logan novel I have read and I find myself enjoying them even more than the Penderghast series. I highly enjoy books with a wilderness setting and I definitely recommend this one.
Carol
Feb 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
I believe I would call this book a "near werewolf" tale. The story is written in a more relaxed style than the usual offerings from this author...so it may not be everyone's "cuppa tea". I even found myself wanting the story to speed up. The book is well written and the characters are interesting but you have to spend some time getting to know them. Some of the ideas that the "research expert" had in his ever-so-secret lab was a bit far fetched but then so was a lot of the story to begin with. Y ...more
Valerie
Sep 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I thought this latest novel by Lincoln Child is one of his best to date. It takes place in a desolate part of the Adirondacks where Jeremy Logan, a researcher of strange and enigmatic events, goes to finish his monograph on heresy in the Middle Ages. When he arrives at the place he is staying, he is met by an old college friend, Randall Jessup, who is currently a forest ranger in the area. Jessup wants to pick Jeremy's brain and perhaps engage his assistance in finding out exactly what has been ...more
Stewart Tame
Mar 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well, with a title like that, you expect werewolves.

Enigmatologist Jeremy Logan travels to a writers’ retreat in the Adirondacks to get a book written. But mystery finds him when an old friend asks him to look into a series of murders in which the victims were savagely torn apart, as if by some wild animal. And the killings coincide with the full moon …

Despite this not being the first Logan book, it stands pretty well on its own. He’s a recurring protagonist, but that's about it. There aren't re
Beth
Jun 01, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017
This was just ok. Child has written a number of stand alones that I've enjoyed, and although the first part of this was interesting and suspenseful, the last section devolved into melodrama. The "creature" was a bit too easy to figure out and the guilty party was telegraphed with some hackneyed monster movie plotting. As a hero, Logan has been more...well, heroic in other novels. In this one he gets caught flat-footed and unprepared several times and frankly, acts pretty stupidly. This was a fin ...more
Koeeoaddi
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was ok
2.5

Don't go out tonight...

Reasonably entertaining, but thoroughly preposterous beach read. I like our hero, the renowned "enigmologist" and I'm thinking I might share his empathic precognition just a teensy bit because my predictions of which expendable character is dispatched in some escalatingly gruesome way often turns out to be eerily prescient. I may need to buy myself a snazzy vintage car and hang up a shingle.
itchy
Feb 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: electronic
it's well past my bedtime and it's a workday tomorrow;
gotta go catch me some z's

i don't think it's a full moon tonight
Kelby *TwistedCactusReads*
I received a copy of this book from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

My actual rating was a 3.5/5 stars

Jeremy Logan has decided to visit the infamous Cloudwater, an artist's retreat where writers, artists, and musicians go to do their work in seclusion. He checks in with every intention of finishing his monologue on heresy in the Middle Ages, but things don't go as planned. There have been vicious and gruesome murders in the Adirondacks, close to Desolation Mountain a
Ivette
Mar 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thanks to netgalley for an advance copy in exchange for an honest review.

This is the first time I've read a book by this author and about Jeremy Logan. I really enjoyed it! It reminded me of a non supernatural Dean Koontz book. It was an interesting story, I won't disclose details, as the book should be read. I will say that I am looking forward to another Jeremy Logan installment!
Julia
Mar 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cool book. Savage murders are occurring in the Adirondacks with each full moon. Could it be the work of a werewolf? Delves into a scientific explanation for werewolves.
Jack Brown
Jan 30, 2019 rated it liked it
I have to say that I entered with anticipation of this book, and even though I enjoyed reading it and missing nothing from the story, it is still not the best book by Lincoln Child, I have ever read.
Marvin
Oct 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: autographed
Lincoln Child, along with his partner in crime Douglas Preston, has a pretty good gig going for them. They specialize in the not-so-supernatural thriller. In most cases , and especially with the Pendergrast series, this involves a mystery of seemingly supernatural origins but ends up being something from the natural, albeit the very imaginative and slightly farfetched natural. These Scooby-doo books, as I irrelevantly like to call them, are fun to read but I tend to go more for the supernatural ...more
ScrappyMags
Scrappymags 3-word review: A little freaky

Genre: Mystery/horror, suspense

Shortest summary ever: Something is attacking wayward hikers in the Adirondack Mountains. Guess what is might be? Jeremy Logan, an “enigmologist” (my new career – someone who studies the unexplainable) happens to be in the area where his old college buddy works and thus is dragged into the fray.

What’s good under the hood: I was adequately freaked out in places since I have hiked with my crazy-as-all-get-out hiker brother D
Shannon
Apr 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Have you ever wondered about the link between the words lunar and lunacy? There is a connection. In the past, strange things happened around the full moon (part of the basis for the word lunatic) and people I've known who work in hospitals say the time around the full moon is always busier in the ER than the rest of the month. It's because of these things that I can totally see the events in this book happening.

I've read many Lincoln Child books, those he wrote alone and with Douglas Preston, an
Cheryl
Mar 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Tainted blood and the lunar effect

I like this Jeremy Logan series written by Lincoln Child - I've read a couple other of the now five books in the series. I also like the Pendergast series that he co-writes with author Douglas Preston.

Dr. Jeremy Logan is a scholar/historian and a Professor of History at Yale that has come to Cloudwater in the Adirondacks as an artist-in-residence. He comes to this retreat to hopefully finish a monograph on heresy in the Middle Ages that he's worked on for years.
Cherei
Apr 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: thriller
Play Book Tag: Full Wolf Moon by Lincoln Child 4 stars 5 21 Jan 05, 2019 07:53AM

• The Kraken Project (Wyman Ford, #4)
  • Beyond the Ice Limit (Gideon Crew, #4; Ice Limit #2)
  • Verses for the Dead (Pendergast, #18)
  • Crooked River (Pendergast, #19)
  • City of Endless Night (Pendergast, #17)
  • Old Bones (Nora Kelly #1)
  • The Pharaoh Key (Gideon Crew #5)
  • Blasphemy (Wyman Ford #2)
  • Impact (Wyman Ford #3)
  • The Lost Island (Gideon Crew, #3)
  • The Obsidian Chamber (Pendergast, #16)
  • Gideon's Corpse (Gideon Crew #2)
  • Riptide
  • The Ice Limit (Ice Limit #1)
  • Blue Labyrinth: by Preston & Child (Pendergast Series, Book 14) | Summary & Analysis
  • Blue Labyrinth (Pendergast, #14)
  • Gideon's Sword (Gideon Crew, #1)
  • Thunderhead (Nora Kelly #0)
Lincoln Child was born in Westport, Connecticut, which he still calls his hometown (despite the fact that he left the place before he reached his first birthday and now only goes back for weekends).

Lincoln seemed to have acquired an interest in writing as early as second grade, when he wrote a short story entitled Bumble the Elephant (now believed by scholars to be lost). Along with two dozen shor

Jeremy Logan (5 books)
  • Deep Storm (Jeremy Logan, #1)
  • Terminal Freeze (Jeremy Logan, #2)
  • The Third Gate (Jeremy Logan, #3)
  • The Forgotten Room (Jeremy Logan, #4)