Start by marking “The Chase (The ICON Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Chase (The ICON Trilogy, #1)

The Chase

(The ICON Trilogy #1)

Will she risk it all for a priceless desire?

A rising star in one of London's top art investigation firms, Zara Leighton's talent for seeing deep into paintings is in her blood. She's chosen to help track down Icon, an enigmatic international art thief whose heists are methodical, daring, baffling. To Zara the case is maddening—bordering on an obsession.

She finds
Paperback, 1st Edition, 384 pages
Published June 6th 2017 by HQN Books (first published April 24th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about The Chase, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Chase

Start your review of The Chase (The ICON Trilogy, #1)
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

1/2! The Chase, book 1 of 3. A whirlwind romance as Zara is swept off her feet by renowned art collector Tobias Wilder while a cat burglar strikes London!

“Still coming, his hips steadily rocked in and out in this leisurely pace prolonging our pleasure, those shoves of power his only focus as his gaze roamed over where his cock glided in a continuous rhythm.”

Books in The ICON trilogy should be read in order:
Book 1: The Chase
Book 2: The Game
Book 3: The Prize

The Chase (book 1) opens up to
Hazel *Craves the Angst Reviews*

PURCHASE AT: Amazon | iBooks | B&N/Nook | Kobo

Find This and Other Reviews At Craves The Angst.

I received this eARC from the author in exchange for an honest review.

5+ Iconic Stars!
Intriguing, thrilling and deeply enjoyable. A sensational first book in a highly anticipated new trilogy!

The Review:
Beautifully crafted with eloquent writing and riveting storytelling, this book is going to the top of my reread pile! I have NEVER been disappointed in this author's work. She has an extraordinary
Lillian ☁ Cloud 9 Books ☁
***** 5 Stars *****

Absolutely addicting! The Chase is a MUST READ! I couldn't put this down. I loved the mystery, romance, and history. As soon as I finished this book, I immediately opened up book 2.

Zara Leighton is a strong and intelligent woman skilled in authenticating paintings. She lives and breathes art. When a series of stolen paintings come to light, she is put on a team to catch the mysterious thief.

Tobias Wilder is an American billionaire that Zara can't stop thinking about. He is
Holly
Aug 01, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable read. The big reveal seemed insanely obvious to me from the beginning but still fun none the less. I liked how it was a nice mix of romance, mystery, and art history. I love art so hearing all the backstories to famous artists was great. I loved how sassy the female MC was. And the romance was intense. The only thing I didn't love was some of the eye roll worthy romantic banter. And some of the inner monologues were too "I love him sooooooooo much" for me. Curious about where the story ...more
-S♡
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, 5-stars
5 Stars! The Chase... An intriguing, heart-racing and consuming read, a thrilling mystery, and a true masterpiece!
I hardly knew anything about Tobias and yet he was seducing me with the ease of a man who always got what he wanted.
“I tried not to get close to you.” His voice cracked with emotion. “My need for you is my greatest weakness. You’ve utterly destroyed me.”
Carol***BeautyandtheBeastlyBooks
***ARC received in exchange of an honest review***

I'll write a full review tomorrow, but I need to say this book BLEW ME AWAY! It's definitely on my TOP reads of the year list.

It has romance, mystery, angst, sexy scenes, everything I LOVE in books! I'm in love with Tobias! I'm a total History and Art buff, so I really really loved the background to the story. Plus it was very fresh and different from anything I've read.

And even though I figured out the mystery pretty early, the author still
Vlada
Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: standalone
I have conflicted feelings about this book.

The atmosphere of museums, private collections, all these beautiful descriptions of famous paintings is inspiring, brining out the bright colours, making you want to see them with your own eyes. The love Zara has for art - unquestionable.

There wasn't any intrigue or suspense, it was obvious to me who Icon is from the first or the second chapter (no surprises there)

Moreover, Tobias Wilder seems like a dominating Neanderthal, who only cares about his
Jun 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
***ARC Provided by the Author and Harlequin Books via NetGalley***

This book was different than I was expecting, but in a really great way. I think, at least for me, when you think of a book set in the art world, you expect them to be a little snooty and the characters were anything but...Tobias is really intense, in a way that keeps Zara, and everyone around him, on their toes. I loved it, I loved the twists and turns, and I loved the reveal, although I think there were enough clues that I
Melissa
Jun 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, 4-star
**ARC provided by Publisher and NetGalley**

The Chase (The ICON Trilogy #1) was my first book from Vanessa Fewings but it definitely won't be my last. This book wove together an interesting plot with a some twists and turns. I found myself at times looking up the artwork discussed in the book just so I could know what these characters were seeing-and I'll say I don't often research along with books while I'm reading so that was a fun little element.

Zara's profession is something I've never given
Evie
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Chase by Vanessa Fewings reminds me of The Thomas Crown Affair, one of my old time favorite movies. It's sexy and it's hot. It's got action and suspense. It's romantic and it's funny, and the thrill of the chase for Icon is simply incredible.

The Chase isn't just another "romance" story. It's an erotic thriller that will keep you on the edge of your seat, I kid you not. The chemistry between Tobias and Zara is off the charts. Their banter is upbeat. As a couple, they draw the reader into
B.D. Harrison
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to receive an ARC of this book (paperback) in a competition.

I'm a huge fan of Vanessa's and this certainly did not disappoint me in any way.

It reminds me sort of a sexy Da Vinci Code meets Enthral type book with plenty of drama, angst and wickedly good sexy bits. Vanessa's knowledge of the art world had me googling different paintings to try and picture just what paintings she was describing. I suggest you do this also, it makes you physically see what she sees.

The story
Janet Robel
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this! Plenty of heat between Zara and Tobias. I'm not an art fan, but actually loved the way this was written. I can't wait to start the next one and see where this goes.
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
When I read the blurb for The Chase I knew I needed to read it. It seemed to offer everything I loved: action, adventure, passion and a mystery that needed solving. And honestly, after reading it, I can say that this novel was absolutely brilliant! It was full of passion and suspense and was just perfect. Tobias and Zara were electrifying. I actually got goosebumps reading because I did not know how the story was going to play out but I knew for sure I did not want it to end!

From the get go I
MJ
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, 2017-books
A very unusual start to this trilogy, I was really mesmerized by the storytelling. A tale that could be likened to having a hero who might just be a modern day Robin Hood and the woman who is caught up in his seemingly unstoppable pursuit to right certain wrongs.

Zara Leighton is the art surveyor who meets the very handsome, very dashing Tobias Wilder and is immediately caught off guard. Meeting accidentally more than once, their whirlwind affair is as unpredictable as the art heists that have
Liza Jane
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I won this book from Vanessa Fewings Facebook page a few months back and am happy to be able to review it for you today. I always give an honest opinion using my own words.

Please note that this series is for mature audiences, with mature content.

This is the 4th book I’ve read from Vanessa Fewings and once again she delivers! The Chase is non-stop from start to finish.

One of the things I most enjoy when I read Vanessa Fewings is how strong and confident she makes each character. Every person is
Brigitte
Wow! What a fabulous introduction to the Icon Trilogy! A secretive American Billionaire and an English Rose obsessed with Art. A Fabulous combination!

Tobias is a Billionaire who is an expert in technology and has a penchant for collecting rare and well sought after paintings that any avid collector would covet. He is rather elusive when it comes to revealing his personal life. He is charismatic and sexy but single.

Zara has grown up in the world of Art as her father was an enthusiastic
Lu
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, netgalley
description

Let the chase begin...

Vanessa Fewings takes us into an art world where high art is being stolen. The thief is known as Icon. Zara is an art forensic investigator at her new job and part of the team that's looking into Icon. While she's tracking him down, she meets the mysterious Tobias Wilder. Unable to resist his seductive charm, Zara starts a relationship with him. He has secrets and has her doing things out of her comfort zone. She finds herself in uncomfortable situations, but Tobias is
Jen: Reads Past Her Bedtime
Well I just read the crap out of this book.... started it this morning and literally couldn't put it down all day until I finished. I needed answers damn it! Vanessa Fewings has a way with contemporary romances that just pulls you in and keeps you reading. Her other series (Enthrall) is great - definitely check it out too : )

Our main characters... Zara is smart, witty and has an impressive knowledge of art. She just started a new job as a forensic art investigator and gets thrown into a
Treena Ross - Rockstar Book Muse
Jun 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Romance Suspense Readers
4.5 STARS

This is a new author to me and I am so glad I got the chance to read her work. First off she tells a wonderful riveting story that grabbed me from the beginning and I could not put the book down!! Her writing is top notch and I could not be more pleased with the art and historical part of this romance suspense.

I am in love with Tobias and this book has so much going on with angst, mystery, romance, art and sexy sexy scenes. I swear this book took all my favorite things and put them all
Sjf
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
The Chase is the first book that I have read by Vanessa Fewings. It won't be the last. Her writing style is smooth with solid character development and an intriguing plot.

Zara Leighton inherited her love of art from her father, a famous collector. She immerses her life in the art world. She is known as a rising star in the world of art investigation. When her firm involves her in investigating an art theft she meets the mysterious Tobias. The sparks fly between them and the secrets between them
Suzanne
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Art and love.
Amazing story.
Zara has gift of noticing fake paintings. Her love of paintings come from her father who passed away recently.
At her new job she meets billionaire, inventor Tobias. The chemistry between these 2 are explosive. After her job for him finishes she helps investigate thefts of paintings. Some of the paintings were not the most expensive in the collection of their owners.
She and other employee figure out the connection between the stolen paintings.
At the same time while she
Taz
Mar 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Zara and Tobias bring to life the theory of the investigator and the thief. Zara finally has her dream job an art authenticator and investigator for a posh London firm. Tobias the laid back billionaire has set his eyes on her as the one he wants. Drawn into a world of secrecy that Zara has never had to deal with before. Who Is Tobias and can he be the one?
Anadosen
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A rising star in one of London's top art investigation firms, Zara Leighton's talent for seeing deep into paintings .When I started reading I couldn't put it down I read the book i couldn't put it down. Vanessa is magnifysent writer.I cannot wait to read more of her books.Keep up the great work.You should definitely read this book.
Ratula
Jun 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
AMAZING. AMAZING AMAZING. GOOD LORD READ THIS! Full Review: http://bit.ly/2rTjE7n
Wendelyn Wilkes
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first novel I have read by Vanessa Fewings. I had purchased her Entrall series, and I also had purchased book one in the Icon series. I accidentally opened the first book in the Icon series, instead of the Enthrall series. Wow! I am impressed. If you love art and know something about great painters, this story will intrigue you. If you just recognize famous painters, you will learn a lot about collecting art. The plot twists and is surprising. The relationship between the two main ...more
Beyond The Covers Blog
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: carrie
Zara starts a new career as an art forensic investigator. Zara is intent on redeeming her family name and steering clear of scandal.

Until she meets and is hired by swoon worthy Tobis. He pulls her into a world of thrill seeking adventures. All while an art thief has everyone the art world casting suspicions all around.

A high-stakes game of stolen illusions, leveraged secrets and buried truths!

From the first page to the last I had a hard time putting it down! If you love supensful books full of
Elaine
Nov 11, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: could-not-finish
Francoise
4.5 Stars

Addictive and thrilling, The Chase is a spectacular blend of mystery, deceit, dark secrets and sultry romance. The plot revolves around a series of thefts of prestigious and priceless paintings in private estates. They are attributed to Icon, an international art thief known for his audacity, attention to detail and inventiveness. So far, he has outwitted the police and Interpol.

Zara Leighton works for an art consultant, authenticating pieces for customers. She has been chosen to help
CHERRY0BLOSSOMS
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: leann-reviews

I gave this book 4.5 stars!

The Chase is the first book in The Icon trilogy. I was super excited to read this book. I have read all of The Enthrall Series and absolutely fell in love with this author. In The Chase we meet Zara and Tobias.

Zara is a rising star in one of London's investigation firms. She is a chosen to help track down Icon, a enigmatic international art thief whose heist are methodical, daring and baffling.

She finds a distraction in in the chiseled form of Tobias Wilder. He is a
Shelli
This was an amazing book! It was SO good, once I started it, I didn't want to put it down! I was a little unsure starting it, because I've never read anything by Vanessa Fewings before, and I wasn't sure how interesting the "art world" would be...it was a very pleasant surprise! I was immersed in the plot from the very beginning. I wasn't entirely sure what to think about Tobias either...other than finding him incredibly sexy! I kept going back and forth as to whether he was involved or not...it ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Secrets (Web of Sin, #1)
  • Promises (Web of Sin, #3)
  • Lies (Web of Sin, #2)
  • The Earl of London (The Royals Collection, #5)
  • The Lone Wolf (Wolf #3)
  • Big Bad Cowboy (Once Upon a Time in Texas, #1)
  • The Filthy Series (Filthy, #1-6)
  • Playing With Fire (Phoenix Fire, #3)
  • The American Au Pair (Filthy Rich Royals)
  • Bind (The Donovan Dynasty #1)
  • Iron Crowne
  • Wife (Betrothed, #1)
  • Heart of the Devil (Forge Trilogy, #3)
  • Prelude (The Interlude Duet, #1)
  • Epiphany
  • The Pretender (Games People Play #3)
  • Interlude (The Interlude Duet, #2)
  • The Dictator (Banker, #2)
USA Today Bestselling Author Vanessa Fewings writes both contemporary romance novels and dark erotic suspense.

PERVADE LONDON & PERVADE MONTEGO BAY are out now.

PERFUME GIRL (stand-alone) is a contemporary romance novel. The ICON TRILOGY, is a romantic suspense about Zara Leighton, London’s most brilliant art investigator on the hunt for the notorious thief known as Icon.

Vanessa’s previous

The ICON Trilogy (3 books)
  • The Game (The ICON Trilogy, #2)
  • The Prize (The ICON Trilogy #3)
“Still coming, his hips steadily rocked in and out in this leisurely pace prolonging our pleasure, those shoves of power his only focus as his gaze roamed over where his cock glided in a continuous rhythm, and his fingers brushed over my slickness, stroking my cleft with affection.” 0 likes