Start by marking “Slow Burn Cowboy (Copper Ridge, #7)” as Want to Read:
Slow Burn Cowboy (Copper Ridge, #7)

Read Book

Slow Burn Cowboy

(Copper Ridge #7)

In Copper Ridge, Oregon, a cowboy's best friend might turn out to be the woman of his dreams…

If Finn Donnelly makes a plan, he sticks to it. After his brothers left Copper Ridge, Finn stayed behind, determined to keep their ranch going by himself. And when he realized his feelings for Lane Jensen were more than platonic, he shoved that inconvenient desire away. It was eas
Mass Market Paperback, 367 pages
Published April 18th 2017 by Hqn

To ask other readers questions about Slow Burn Cowboy, please sign up.
CLM You can start with this one, although there are some spoilers about how characters in the town have paired off

Start your review of Slow Burn Cowboy (Copper Ridge, #7)
Julie
Slow Burn Cowboy by Maisey Yates is a 2017 HQN publication.

Will Finn and Lane be able to meet halfway to make their relationship work or will one have to move on without the other?

I enjoyed watching Finn and Lane work through their thorny issues and realize the depth of their feelings for each other and the full potential of their relationship. The emotional level is deep, but the banter is mostly light, which made the book well rounded and balanced.

If you are looking for a mature, but fun and
♥ℳelody
I skimmed the last 15% of this. I never skim endings so that's how little I cared for this. Honestly this was such a chore to get through, I just wanted it over with.

3 for 3 now. I don't know what's going on but this is the third consecutive Copper Ridge (full length) book I didn't enjoy. I love Maisey Yates's writing. I love her work. Her writing is so fluid and smart. She writes realistic flawed characters with depth and grit. But maybe because the couple and story wasn't working for me here t
Georgie-who-is-Sarah-Drew
Something just off about the pacing and balance of this. It's Maisey Yates, so it's fluently written, but I had problems with both the plot strands.

Finn has worked his fingers to the bone on his grandfather's farm, but on his death, Finn inherits only a quarter of it, and needs to accommodate himself to his three absent brothers returning and demanding their share. I burned with rage on Finn's behalf: his brothers had no sympathy or understanding of his position, and the whole plot point eventu
Stacee
Mar 19, 2017 rated it liked it

I always enjoy books in this series, so I just request when I see Maisey's name.

I liked Lane and Finn. She's snarky and he's stoic and their friendship works. Everything was a bit more complicated with Finn's brothers showing up, but I liked the dynamic. Oh and their chemistry is palpable.

I did enjoy the BFF to more; honestly, it's one of my favorite tropes. In this instance, the drama and the arguments did get a bit repetitive. Thankfully, the time between the inevitable break up and
Anna's Herding Cats

Reviewed for herding cats & burning soup.
Amazon: http://amzn.to/2pEcT4R

Oh.My.Word. These two were a handful! Best friends to lovers and one helluva awkward growly leap to get from just hanging out to naked fun. Whew! Slow Burn Cowboy was quite the ride.

The Gist
Alright so Lane and Finn have been best friends since ever. They've totally got a flow going where he takes care of all her handyman issues and she feeds him-- but life has a way of fucking with ya and both of them are feeling that pretty
Mandi Schreiner
Apr 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
I just love the town of Copper Ridge and with this book we meet the entire Donnelly family, or at least the brothers. Finn is our hero, but his three half-brothers come back to his ranch after their grandfather dies and leaves each man a quarter interest. Finn has put his entire life into this ranch and hasn't seen his brothers for many years. He assumes his brothers will want to be bought out, and be back on their way, which is totally fine with him as he wants the ranch all to himself.

His bloo
Ami
Mar 09, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-books, romance

Slow Burn Cowboy is the latest book in Maisey Yates' Copper Ridge universe; it is the first of The Donnellys -- four half brothers: Cain, Finn, Alex, and Liam, who get together again after their grandfather died and left equal share the ranch to all of them. Even though Finn is the only one staying and taking care of the ranch while the rest of the brothers build their lives somewhere else.

Lane is Finn's best friend for the past decade. He has been pressing his feeling for Lane be
Michelle Lynn
Feb 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance-novels
This novel had everything that I should love: 1) It's set in Oregon! Hey, I'm an Oregonian; I have some pride. 2) There is a cowboy who inexplicably wears a cowboy hat on a dairy farm. (This literally made me laugh out loud multiple times. That hat would FLY OFF on the Oregon Coast, Maisey!)

However, I hated it.

Disclaimer: I received this as an ARC from NetGalley. This review will contain spoilers.

I hated it because:
1) These characters literally. never. shut. up. The dialogue goes on FOREVER.
Maria Rose
This review can also be found at All About Romance: http://allaboutromance.com/book-revie...

The Copper Ridge series by Maisey Yates is at book seven now, but it’s been kept fresh by featuring different families who live in this rural area of Oregon. Slow Burn Cowboy is the first of four stories about the Donnelly brothers. Unfortunately the title turns out to be a little too apt – it’s not just a slow burn romance, it’s a slow moving story, with excessive dialogue and internal musings; the autho
Amanda
I broke one of my rules to read this book--I jumped ahead in a series! I read the first three and really liked them but none of the following books really interested me, so this series fell off my radar. When I read a review and learned this was a best friends-to-lovers story (MY FAVE), I pushed the other books on my TBR back, got over the horrible anxiety I feel when I don't read a series in order, and got this one right away.

This book is not only friends-to-lovers but also a twist on the best
Melanie
Sep 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, own-print
Slow Burn Cowboy was an excellent friends to lovers romance that perfectly sets up the Donnelly family portion of the Copper Ridge series.

When his brothers left Copper Ridge, Finn Donnelly stayed and kept the family ranch going. Now, the remaining Donnellys are coming home to claim their share in the ranch. Finn wants nothing to do with their sudden return or the resurgence of his desire for Lane Jensen. Finn and Lane have been best friends for a long time and they would do anything for one anot
Kay (aka) Miss Bates
Jan 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
2018 will prove to be yet another Maisey Yates year for Miss Bates, as she can’t seem to quit Yates’s romances. Last year, she read seven … let’s see how many MissB manages to read in 2018?! If Slow Burn Cowboy is any indication, then MissB’s love affair with the Yates romance isn’t over. Every time she reads one, Miss Bates ponders what draws her to Yates’s romances and every time, her understanding of what makes Yates a great romance writer grows. Not every book is perfect, or memorable, espec ...more
Lacey
phewww slow burn was right. had a really hard time with this one.
Marlene
Apr 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Originally published at Reading Reality

I loved Last Chance Rebel, and my friend Amy loved Hold Me, Cowboy, so I expected to love Slow Burn Cowboy. But that’s not what happened.

Instead I have very much of a mixed feelings review on tap. Very mixed.

The friends-to-lovers trope is one of my favorites, so again, I was expecting to like the story line in this book. But something, actually multiple somethings, don’t quite work.

The set up is excellent, Lane and Finn have been best friends for ten years,
Beth ~ Panda & Boodle
Apr 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
…he never wanted only part of her. And part of herself was all she ever gave to her friends. He wanted all of her. All of this.

In the small town of Copper Ridge, all the cowboys are hot, all the women are sassy and all the hipsters want to invade to get their hands on the town’s best organic, hormone free, probiotic-enriched, hand-tilled, vegan-butter-laden goods.

Okay, that’s a slight exaggeration.

But hey, that’s part of the charm of this series from Maisey Yates, now on its seventh book. It’
Lisa Richards
May 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
I loved that this is a friends to lovers romance. I hate the inst-love that seems to pop up so often in romance novels but this romance was simply awesome. I throughly enjoyed seeing the backstory that led up to this romance. Finn's family is so dysfunctional, but I loved every one of them. I can't wait to read the upcoming books on the rest of the family.
ARC provided by the publisher via Netgalley
Silvia
I've enjoyed all the other Copper Ridge books (some more than others). But this one was a real head-scratcher for me. Why was it so long? The endless, pointless, annoying arguing between the H and h and between the four brothers At one point I lost my place in the Kindle book and I really couldn't tell if I had missed anything because it was all starting to run together.

Yates' books usually come with a big dose of the main characters overcoming their personal demons, and that's one of the things
Flo Grugel
Apr 12, 2017 rated it it was ok
Oh boy, Slow Burn Cowboy... excruciatingly slow burn....to slow for me and j didnt enjoyFinns character, I felt like everything was on his terms.
I received a NetGalley arc copy of this book for an honest review.
Steph's Romance Book Talk
DNF @35% / 1 Stars / 1 Steam Fans

Video review available in Week 31: Jul 26 – Aug 1 weekly book reviews.

For other video book reviews, check out my YouTube Channel: Steph's Romance Book Talk.
CLM
Apr 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Perfect for my recent plane trip from Michigan to Boston. Here is a link to my review and giveaway: http://perfectretort.blogspot.com/201... ...more
Dani (Dani's Bookshelf)
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018
I'm not sure if I'm just not on the same wavelength as when I binged the first six Copper Ridge books or what, because I really struggled with this one. A lot of it is the whole friends-to-lovers thing. I don't think I've liked it in a single Yates book, and this one is no different. I just hate reading about the couple essentially putting their lives on hold for each other and avoiding their relationship for 10 years. Their constant self reflections also got kind of irritating, and I noticed th ...more
Danielle
May 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Heather andrews
Apr 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Lane knows how to give it to Finn straight, no beating around the bush with her, “no one else is cooking for you, Finn. Because you’re a cranky *****le. So maybe you should show a little more appreciation.” Lane is seriously cute, "the color in her cheeks got darker. “I’m also not sure I can talk to you while you’re naked.” I really liked this book, Finn and Lane had chemistry, they understood each other and I loved watching the banter between the two.
Reading
Feb 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
On the surface, this is a friends-to-lovers story. Slow Burn Cowboy is more than that, however. Yates wrote a story that got me emotionally involved. There were times when this book made me angry - Finn is the brother who stayed in Copper Ridge with his grandfather and "literally bled" for the ranch, as he points out several times in the book. Now that his grandfather has died (his worthless parents died much earlier), the ranch is left equally to he and his brothers. Now there's a kick in the t ...more
Renae
Eh...

This was neither one of Maisey Yates' more problematic novels, nor one of the ones I genuinely enjoyed. Sort of a middle-ground morass of over the top angst. Neither of the protagonists think they deserve love, they wallow a lot in their emotions and take the blame for things that aren't their concern. Example: getting pregnant at 16 apparently means you can never deserve a nice life as an adult because...? IDK why exactly.

At least the heroine wasn't a virgin and/or extremely sexually inexp
Seanna Yeager
Feb 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Deep passion is finally found between these two best friends, although love takes awhile to come to the surface. I really enjoyed getting to know more about Finn and Lane, both characters have pasts that hold them back. It is really fun to see Lane tease Finn. Another great Copper Ridge book. I can't stop reading this series.

Thank you Netgalley for the free review copy, in exchange for an honest review.
Donna Repsher
Aug 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm always happy to return to Copper Ridge, and this seventh novel in the Copper Ridge series is no exception, and I give it 4 stars.

At it's heart, Slow Burn Cowboy is a friends-to-lovers romance, a trope I've always enjoyed, and when Maisey Yates writes one, I generally enjoy it even more, although this one seemed a bit more slow-moving and redundant than her previous novels.

Finn Donnelly and Lane Jensen have been best friends since she showed up in Copper Ridge ten years ago, a sad, hurt, de
Aly
Jun 07, 2017 rated it liked it
When Finn's grandfather died, he separated the lands in equal parts between the Donnelly half-brothers. Finn is not happy about it. He took care of the old man ranch while his relatives couldn't care less about it and he haven't seem them in years.

Finn's father had four kids with three different women, but didn't stick around to raise any of them. Alex is ex-Army. Caine is divorced and single father of a teenager. Liam is the one who seem more like the business type. Much to Finn's surprise, wh
Books and Spoons
May 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
A beautifully written love story from best friends to lovers and so much more, with deep emotions and fervent passion, plentiful of angst, and family trouble.
From the very first scene, the author's words lured me into the tale and I was emotionally invested in the characters, in the events occurring, in the story. It felt like coming home, to be at the Copper Ridge again, and watch Finn Donnelly and Lane Jensen find their destiny.
Finn and Lane had had an easy and comfortable friendship for year
Miriam
May 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Finn and Lane have an incredible friendship. They depend, heavily, on each other for everything, helping each other out without being asked. I was amazed they weren't lovers already, or hadn't crossed that line yet. The way the clicked and complimented one another was a reason why they were great friends, and that's often reason enough for a couple similar to them to venture beyond the Friend Zone. One kiss was all it took for their relationship to turn, and it was surprising to see the push and ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Snowbound at Christmas (Montana Men, #5.5)
  • Big Sky Mountain (Parable, Montana, #2)
  • The Marriage Pact (The Brides of Bliss County, #1)
  • True to You (Montana Heat #2)
  • Escape to You (Montana Heat, #1)
  • Lawman (Long, Tall Texans, #31)
  • Wild Cowboy Ways (Lucky Penny Ranch #1)
  • At Wolf Ranch (Montana Men, #1)
  • Waiting on a Cowboy (McGrath, #1)
  • Tempted by Love (Montana Heat, #3)
  • Contract Signed (Triggerman, Inc. #1)
  • Toughest Cowboy in Texas (Happy, Texas, #1)
  • Cowboy Honor (Longhorn Canyon, #2)
  • All Out of Love (Cupid, Texas, #2)
  • Her Renegade Rancher (Montana Men, #5)
  • Christmas in Mustang Creek (The Brides of Bliss County, #4)
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
  • When It's Right (Montana Men, #2)
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author Maisey Yates lives in rural Oregon with her three children and her husband, whose chiseled jaw and arresting features continue to make her swoon. She feels the epic trek she takes several times a day from her office to her coffee maker is a true example of her pioneer spirit. In 2009, at the age of twenty-three Maisey sold her first book.

Since then

Copper Ridge (10 books)
  • Part Time Cowboy (Copper Ridge, #1)
  • Brokedown Cowboy (Copper Ridge, #2)
  • Bad News Cowboy (Copper Ridge, #3)
  • One Night Charmer (Copper Ridge, #4)
  • Tough Luck Hero (Copper Ridge, #5)
  • Last Chance Rebel (Copper Ridge, #6)
  • Down Home Cowboy (Copper Ridge, #8)
  • Wild Ride Cowboy (Copper Ridge, #9)
  • Christmastime Cowboy (Copper Ridge, #10)