Start by marking “Worth the Wait (Guthrie Brothers #2)” as Want to Read:
Worth the Wait (Guthrie Brothers #2)

Worth the Wait

(Guthrie Brothers #2)

Ready or not…love will find a way

Single dad Hogan Guthrie is getting his life back on track, and working as the "barbecue master" at a local diner is just a temporary detour. He and restaurant owner Violet Shaw constantly butt heads…until one night they end up mingling other parts instead. Hogan thought he had the recipe for happiness all figured out. But loyal, carefree
Published July 25th 2017 by Hqn

To ask other readers questions about Worth the Wait, please sign up.
Nanjit I picked up mine from Big W on the weekend it is available now :)

Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Lori Foster delivers three romances in Worth The Wait making it an extremely entertaining book. While there was definitely more time spent on one couple, the love matches were quite entertaining. Most of all I love the sense of community in this series; the friendships, the nosey neighbors, and they way they help each other through lives trials and tribulations.

Hogan Guthrie’s life was turned upside down when he found out his wife was cheating, she cleaned out his bank accounts including their s
Anita
Apr 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, kindle-own, romance

As the second Guthrie brother, Hogan, takes his turn we get a closer look at life in small Clearbrook, Ohio town and while not quite everybody is in every body else's business, it's close. Like the first book, we get two romances for the price of one and they are both great.

Hogan Guthrie is a single dad who is getting his life back on track. He has finally found a good paying j
Maria Rose
According to a recent Facebook post by author Lori Foster, Worth the Wait is her 100th unique story, which is an amazing accomplishment! Writing for just over twenty years in the romance genre, her books obviously resonate with readers who keep coming back for more. The first novels of hers I read was the Buckhorn Brothers series, which originally came out in the early 2000s. Since then her name on a book automatically draws my attention, and Worth the Wait is a classic example of what readers h ...more
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookworms
This review was originally posted on (un)Conventional Bookviews
Worth the Wait bears its title very well! I loved this story, even though it followed one main couple, plus another couple who got less time allotted to them. The writing is so good, and there's some well-timed suspense as well as the romance.

Review - (un)Conventional Bookviews

Hogan had been through the wringer more than once, and Worth the Wait was really about how he was worth waiting for. Violet was attracted to Hogan, but she didn't want to be just another notch
Aly
Nov 16, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
What was great :
- Hogan's two jobs (accountant by day and barbecue master in a diner by night)
-There's two romance in the book
-The other hero, Nathan, is the town's sheriff but he's also a singer in the local garage band
-The great relationship between Hogan and his teenage son

What I found less great :
-Hogan and Violet's bickering and arguing was too melodramatic
-Hogan is honest and pretty straightforward with everyone so he should have said what's on his mind to (and about) his second boss's i
Take Me Away To A Great Read
Sep 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Worth the Wait is a really great suspenseful, two-for-one romance! It is a solid 4 star rating from me. Not sure if we can expect any more from this series of fantastic standalones but I certainly would be happy to have more, even if this book did end with nothing left unanswered.
Tessie Tavares
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book!!! I absolutely love violet! Shes my favorite heroine in thr series. Violet and Hogan are perfect for each other, so are Nathan and Brooklin! Hopefully we get to see more of the family if colts receives his own book. I recieved an arc copy in exchange for an honest review.
Minx -The Genre Minx Book Reviews
Most of the time, romance books focus on one couple but in Worth the Wait the story follows the relationship of two couples. Hogan Guthrie, Violet Shaw and Nathan Hawley, Brooklin Sweet are two couples with very different starts. When considering this book for a review, I was curious to see how this story would flow with two different romance storylines. I was delighted that both storylines were unique but that the stories were also woven together with the result being a lighthearted romantic re ...more
Michele
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: con-rom
Actual Rating: 4.5 Stars & Top Pick!

See full review at HarlequinJunkie.com

Oh, what fun Worth the Wait turned out to be! Lori Foster definitely brought her A game with this story as we celebrated not one, but two lovely romances. And we also got glimpses of another romance going on in the background that was every bit as sweet in its own way.

With a shrug, she said, “Honestly, you don’t look like any man I know.”
“What’s that supposed to mean?”
Violet pulled in a much needed breath. “Every pa
Desirae (Dee)
Aug 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
*arc provided for an honest review*

I have to say, I'm kind of disappointed with this book. first the cover doesn't match the main storyline at all. it depicts teens against a brick wall, and while this does happen, Colt's storyline isn't the main focus of the book. so it's a tad misleading.

moving on to the storyline. I got really really , and I hate to use this word, bored with it. I understand Hogan's hesitation with his love life and why. but holding out to 90% of the book to finally admit ho
☕ Kimberly
Jun 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
I loved that Foster gave us two completely fleshed out happily ever afters in WORTH THE WAIT. That combined with secondary characters, Screwy Louie's restaurant and a thread about young Colt made for a warm, page-turning read.

Hogan, Colt's Dad, has worked hard to get his life back on track and find happiness after his wife's death. In book one DON'T TEMPT ME we felt the chemistry between Violet, the owner of Screwy Louie's restaurant and Hogan, so I was anxious for their story. Violet is fun, st
LeeAnn
Apr 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
As the title indicates, this book was worth the wait.
In this book we get to revisit old friends Sullivan and his love Lexi, Jason and his love Honor.
We get to watch as Hogan and Violet grow closer , sexy Sheriff Nathan meets Brooklin, a new mysterious woman to town. We are taken on a ride full of sexy fun, intrigue, danger and hear all about the BBQ ribs that Hogan cooks ...shirtless maybe? Maybe not. A lot of excitement goes on in this small town, shoot...in the diner owned by Violet called Scr
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
So happy with this one! The first book was a bit disjointed for me. I wasn't interested in what felt like a "secondary" couple. This book felt like I got two completely fleshed out HEA's. This is single dad Hogan's story and his friend the town sheriff, Nathan. Violet and Hogan were so full of chemistry. I would read more with Violet in it--she is a firecracker. Hogan will be on his toes with that one! Nathan and Booklin end up being so sweet together. Very happy to see Brooklin heal and get a w ...more
Julie (Jewls Book Blog)
Hogan and Violet's relationship was a fun balance of sweet/sassy, a dash of witty banter, and their chemistry was absolutely combustible! I loved Violet's sassy Southern drawl and take charge attitude. Hogan's strong work ethic was easy to respect and I loved his relationship with his son Colt-it was too sweet! Speaking of Colt, I hope he gets his own story..I would love to see how his future pans out!

Brooklin and Nathan were just too stinking cute! Brooklin's appeal was understated, yet she had
Christa
Apr 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook-arc
I loved this latest by Lori Foster. It was a great followup to the first book in the series, and I enjoyed seeing all of the characters again and meeting a few new ones. I am enjoying the small town setting of this series. Although I think that all of the characters are great, I have to say that Colt is the best! What a fantastic young man Foster has made of this character!

Hogan Guthrie has been through a very tough time and the good life he once knew is over. He and his son, Colt, are trying to
Hollie
Apr 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This book is Worth the Wait! for sure!
Hogan Guthrie is one hot man! He's got 2 jobs,a good looking son, and knows his way around a barbecue grill! He also has one boss that can't keep her hands off of him. Much to his displeasure! Now if only his other boss would show more affection his way! being burned by his late wife is definitely put a damper on him, but Violet is more than he can do without!
The other couple in this book is the hottie next door sheriff Nathan.. he's got his eye out f
Stephanie
Apr 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love, love, love Violet's fiery personality. She's funny and sarcastic and gives Hogan hell. I love their playful banter. I don't think Lori Foster is capable of writing a bad book!!!
Tina "IRead2Escape"
Hotness Rating 3 out of 5

Worth the Wait is a gem in that you basically are getting two stories in one. Primarily this book surrounds Hogan and Violet, however as you read on we get Nathan and Brooklin's story. I kept thinking Ms. Foster is giving us just enough of Nathan and Brooklin to set us up for the next book, but I was wrong. We get it all. Yay! While I enjoyed Hogan and Violet I found myself so much more drawn to and invested in Nathan and Brooklin. And don't even get me started on Colt.
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
Copy received from Harlequin Australia via Netgalley for an honest review

Worth The Wait is right - I didn't realise how much I wanted this book until I got it!

What I like about the Guthrie Bros books is that we kind of get 2 stories in each one.

The main protaganists in Worth The Wait are Hogan and Violet - they have been kind of circling each other for a while with a bit of a love/hate thing going on. I adore them, Hogan in all his hotness, and Violet with all her bite and snark.

We also get the
Heather
Sep 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Let’s cut to it, I’m about to tell you the Pros/Cons of WORTH THE WAIT then you be the one to decide if it’s WORTH THE WAIT (pun intended).

I’m not going to beat around the bush with this novel, in fact I’m going to be brutally honest. Let’s start with my love of this book because love first then hate.

Hogan, single accountant by day hot barbecue master by night, was definitely a well developed character of this novel. As was the little red head, Violet, who’s strong willed and high strung. Hogan
Tiffany Willams
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"You're good."
"At kissing? At conversation switches?"
"At making me nuts."
"I've learned from you. God knows you've done it to me enough times."
"Is that so?"
"I like having you around, Hogan. I really do."

I LOVED THIS STORY!!!

Oh my gee! After reading Don't Tempt Me, I couldn't wait for the next part of the story. Even though they are two separate stories, the intertwining of the characters is wonderful!
Learning more about the Guthrie brothers (& son) was so good!

Hogan and his son, Colt, have be
Amanda [Novel Addiction]
Review to come.

Will be cross-posted on my blog -Novel Addiction, and Romance Reviews Today.

I am going to start this review by stating how much I love Hogan and Colt. Hogan is fantastic, and made me like the whole single-dad trend, which was never one of my interests before. And Colt.. Colt was absolutely perfect, and well written. Sometimes it's hard to write a believable teenager/young adult, but Lori Foster is a wonderful writer, and proves she can do anything - even write the perfect teenage
Marcie Robinson
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lori Foster’s contemporary “Worth the Wait” has humor, suspense, and those steamy, sexy scenes we’ve become accustomed to.
“Worth the Wait” can be considered a companion book to last summer’s “Don’t Tempt Me” since it gives us Jason Guthrie’s brother, Hogan’s road to romance. Even Hogan’s son, Colt, meets a girl. We also get to watch the sheriff Nathan fall in love. Most books have one romance, but this one essentially has three!

The central romance is, of course, is between Hogan and diner owner
Cami
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars!

I really do like these books since there is the main storyline & then another one on the side & this one even had a bit of a 3rd story going on about Cole.

We met Hogan Guthrie in the first book because he lived with his younger brother Jason Guthrie. Hogan is a single dad of a teenage boy name Cole. Hogan is an accountant but works on weekends as the “Barbecue Master” at a local bar & grill. Violet Shaw is the owner of the restaurant. She & Hogan don’t always see eye
Tina
Jul 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
In Don’t Tempt Me we were introduced to Hogan Guthrie and Violet Shaw. In Lori Foster’s Worth the Wait, we get to see their story come to life as well as a secondary story with Sheriff Nathan who makes a connection with the new mysterious neighbor.

Hogan is a single dad trying to get his life back on track and Violet is an independent diner owner who knows what she wants. The awareness between Hogan and Violet simmers below the surface and keeps readers wanting more.

Without looking up, she asked
Sandra Fernandez
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lori Foster does it again. In her second Guthrie Brothers book we are introduced to Violet Shaw a strong, independent restaurant owner and Hogan Guthrie a single father trying to create stability in his home as he raise his teenage son Colt and figure out how to help his son get into the college of his choice. Hogan and Violet will make you laugh as they together at her restaurant where Hogan is the Grill Master and with their interactions with Hogan's son Colt as well characters that were first ...more
Rebecca Whaley
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was such a blast to read? I loved this story! You know these characters a little from the first book but now you get to see and know these characters more in depth.
The way these two butt heads is very amusing and you can feel the sparks fly off the page. I love a book with great verbal sparring. The story also catches you and before you realize it, its done. I was sad to see the go.
If you want a great summertime read, definitely check this out. I voluntarily read an advance reader copy.
Terri
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The title of this book nails it! This book is definitely worth the wait and worth both your time and money. I thoroughly enjoyed the entire book from beginning to end. Worth the Wait is a great follow-up to the first book in this series, Don’t Tempt Me, and we not only get two great romances but we get to revisit the characters from the first book. This book has everything you need- humor, conflict, sexy guys, and strong women. I highly recommend both books in this series. You won’t be disappoin ...more
Laura R
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I had a hard time putting this book down. There were so many things to like - the characters, the humor, the love stories and the mystery of Brooklin's story. Who can resist the single dad Hogan who is doing such a good job of modeling how a man should treat others for his son Colt? It was an interesting twist with the relationship between Hogan and his "daytime" manager. While there was a lot going on in the book, I didn't feel that any of the storylines were short changed. Would highly recomme ...more

Lori hosts a very special annual “Reader & Author” event in West Chester, Ohio. Proceeds fro

Guthrie Brothers (2 books)
  • Don't Tempt Me (Guthrie Brothers #1)