Start by marking “Love at First Sit” as Want to Read:
Love at First Sit

Love at First Sit

4.14  ·  Rating details ·  59 Ratings  ·  42 Reviews
Roxanne Mabini, a twenty-five-year-old single mother of twins, joined a speed-dating event just for fun and to get "speed-dating" checked off her bucket list. She wasn't looking for anything.

...Until the devastatingly handsome bartender, Aloysius "Wish" Gregorio, stepped up to fill in for the lack of male participants, mesmerizing Roxanne. Literally, he was every girl's w
Published October 15th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Love at First Sit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love at First Sit

Carol-Ann
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
First speed dating book I have read and I wasn't disappointed characters Roxanne who is a single mum to twins that's enough hard work in itself but to do it single handed is enough praise for any mother or father , she meets bartender Aloysius "wish" Gregorio at this event they hit it of straight away loved there meeting and there love story ! She finds it hard to trust specially after her past relationship and you can understand why! I Voluntary reviewed an Arc for a honest review!
Beth
Feb 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What this book is all about, just pulled me in. what a fun quick read for me. Ysa is new to me ... Love Ysa's style of writing. Love this cover. so vibrant and fun! I found it on Kindle Unlimited, you might wanna bring a few tissues, i sure did. it is an emotional sweet romance. I have seen movies, read books, and even seen a few tv shows about "speed dating" but never know any one personally who has done that? I met my hubby online ... I guess that is similar ... i am guessing though. such a gr ...more
Betty Blue Reads
Sometimes you have to KISS some frogs before you find a PRINCE.

This is a sweet and very interesting story.

Starting by the location: Philippines. The words/phrases in Filipino (a good way to learn a little more). And the plot per se.

I liked everything.

I highlighted almost everything Wish said. I love the way him (or the author) talked in it. A perfect book boyfriend.

I recommend it to everyone.

*I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book.*
Linda
Oct 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a great romance with a lot of heart. I really enjoyed the story. It is a more realistic storyline that should resonate with many.

Roxanne is a single mom without love in her life after she was abandoned while pregnant with twins. She suddenly has too many options and has to make a choice when she finds herself with two prospects after speed dating and meeting a new guy and then her ex comes back to the scene. Does she give her ex another chance or take a chance on a new love? It is a sto
Misty Sulouff
Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this story! This was my first book read by Ysa Arcangel and I can't wait to read more. Who would have thought that speed dating would lead to the love of your life? Roxanne certainly didn't. Who would want to date a single mom of two? That was until she met Wish, the bartender at the bar. Roxanne and Wish were two people meant to be together. Even when her ex came back into the picture, she knew the right thing to do was to "Move On". Beautiful story. I would definitely recomm ...more
Misty
Feb 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the first story I've read by Ysa. It was a harder story for me to get into with the setting being in the Philippines which I know little about or the culture. Over all the premise of the story was awesome. It just took me some to get around the other barriers.

Wish and Roxy had some hurdles to get around but in the end they made them past them and learned what true love really is.
Nora Fresse
Mar 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was such a sweet story about finding love when you least expect it and trying to figure out what the right thing to do is.

Roxanne is a single mom of adorable twins who reluctantly goes to a speed dating event with her best friend where she meets Aloysius a/k/a Wish. There is attraction from the beginning but she’s not expecting anything to come of it considering she has “baggage”.

Wish is a hot bartender who wants to get to know this beautiful woman. They strike up a friendship and become c
Virginia Lee
Mar 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This story has a lot of twist and turns of relationship. You get to see the good and bad of having a relationship with a single mother. Wish is a guy that is falling for Roxanne until things start to get to hot and runs. Roxanne is a single mother and starts to fall fast for Wish and then all stop. You can feel the steamy chemistry between these two and what will make them fall apart quickly. You will go through some many emotions in this story with Roxanne and Wish. I highly recommend this book ...more
Sandra
Mar 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Moving On!!!

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Roxanne did speed dating for a friend. Wish got the spark when he met her. Past tends to catch up with one after awhile. The HEA will always get you in the end. Love comes out on top! Which one will it be the Ex or the New Guy?
Nicole Hitman
Oct 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
You gotta love a patient guy who knows what he wants but willing to sacrifice for the girl he loves, and Aloysius "Wish" Gregorio is that guy. He's half Filipino half American, works as a bartender and a part time tattoo artist. Roxanne Mabini, a 25-year-old single mother of twins who was burnt from a past relationship that didn't work out. She's level headed, strong, she smokes and she has a tattoo. They are a blend of a perfectly flawed characters.

I loved this story, because you have that und
Cindy Caron
Oct 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I have had the pleasure of reading by this author, and I seriously hope it's not the last. A beautiful story of childhood sweethearts, misguided love, family interference, single moms and their struggles, and of course, love at first sight, or sit in this case, as well as the all too common, mixed families of today's times. Roxanne has struggled for the past five years, trying to cope when her childhood sweetheart left her pregnant and alone with no explanation whatsoever. ...more
Catherine Hayward
Jan 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was the first book I've read by Ysa I've read and I found it alittle slow going and the setting because I know nothing of the Philippines hard in places to understand , which in turn made it harder at times to understand the characters, having said all that I did enjoy the premise of the story and once I was able to get into the storyline I thoughly enjoyed the book.

As I've said this book is set in Makati in the Philippines.Roxanne is a single mum of twins. Having been persuaded to go speed
G
Oct 23, 2016 rated it liked it
This was the first book I've read by this author, and I found whilst the story was good, I could not for the life of me connect with the characters.

Set in Makati in the Philippines, it tells the story of Roxanne and Aloysius aka Wish. Roxanne is a single mother of twins. They meet at a speed dating event that Roxanne friend pushed her into going to. Wish is the bartender who got pulled into the event due to circumstances.

They connected and they form a bond of sorts, but Roxanne is still unsure a
Charmaine Sims-Smit
Oct 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
*I received an ARC of this book in exchange for my honest review*

It’s not easy being a single mom of twins, but Roxanne didn’t have a choice when her childhood sweetheart left without an explanation. Can a closed-off heart learn to take a chance and love again? That was the last thing that Roxanne expected to happen when she agreed to take part in a Speed Date evening with her friend (and manager). But then fate stepped in when drop dead gorgeous and tattooed Aloysius "Wish" Gregorio sat down as
Cynthia
Feb 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Interesting

It was a wonderful story of a young mom putting herself out there again and to find love. He is from a broken home and do is she. She is gun shy and worried about her children, and he understands. They meet at a speed dating nighyt.
Kat J
Oct 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC of this book for an honest review

It is a catchy title… in this world of too much information and that was what attracted me to the book in the first place (2nd was coz I did enjoy Ysa’s other book and was looking for another book to read).

I was expecting a bit more fluffy-ness as it was a romance novel but I did very much appreciate the take and focus on blended families – especially in this day and age. I’m a strong believer that the adage “blood is thicker than water” should
Laura  Redmon
Feb 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OW Ysa, your tuggin on my heart strings.
I didn't know kleenex would be needed for this emotionally sweet romance!
Now I can warn all of you to bring them along.

This is my first time reading a book by Author Ysa Arcangel, but it won't be my last. Not even if kleenex will be involved again. That just means she wrote another sweet and emotionally charged story for me to devour. And devour, I did!

Some of her phrasings were a little different than I am use to, due to the cultural differences and lang
H
Dec 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
I wish I had a Wish too.

This review is from: Love at First Sit (Kindle Edition)
This is a really cute romantic story of a single mom of twins who is convinced by her girlfriend to go to a speed dating event. While drinking some liquid courage at the bar she flirts with Wish, the handsome bartender. Because someone doesn't show up and they are short some men, the event organizer has her friend Wish full in. He is the best book boyfriend. I voluntarily reviewed this book after receiving an advance
RT Awadres
Nov 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I do enjoy reading romance when authors add children to their stories, but it has to be done well as the children can often take over the story leaving the romance part falling short. Ysa Arcangel did an amazing job.
How I wish there were more moments between Aloysius and the twins. That would be heartwarming.
The road to love was not an easy one for Wish and Roxy but just like what Wish said he'd make it a memorable trip and he did.
It was a book that touched my heart and had me sighing happily
Jean Joseph
Jan 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Roxanne is a single mother of twins who is afraid to get close to a man again. Wish is a bartender at the bar where the speed dating event was held. They fell for each other at first sit but didn't let the other know. Just when Roxanne is ready to move on, the twins father returns. Things aren't always as they seem. The truth all
Ways comes out in the end. I voluntarily received a copy of this book for an honest review
Karla (leersucks)
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was ok
I liked the idea, but the way the story unfolded, the writing, the characters... It all felt weak to me. And it's sad because I really like the premise of the story. Oh, well.
Elissa
Oct 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
This delightful tale of relationships gone wrong and right focuses on what it really means to be a father (versus sperm donor). Set in the Philippines with some marvelous travelogue scene stealing, you are introduced to local manners, customs, nicknames and lingo adding an international flavor to the love story.
Kevina
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!!

Another amazing romance story by Ysa Arcangel!!! Wish is one of the best guys you will meet, Roxanne's independence and strength is inspiring. Humorous, romantic, heartbreaking, plot twisting, closure! Need I say more because it's a must read!!
Becky
Oct 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a fun read but there were parts of it when Roxanne was so confused that I just wanted to say, what the heck?? It's a good book! Everyone needs a Wish in their life!
Chu
Oct 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: second-chances
Purchase Link ► http://amzn.to/2e0ssh8

Roxanne is a single mother to an amazing set of twins. She was left by her childhood sweetheart when she was pregnant with them, and she tries to be the best single mom there is. She put all her focus on her children, and closed off her heart to take a chance on love.

Love finds you when you least expect it, most especially in Speed Dating, an event she was forced to attend by her friend. There she met Aloysius “Wish” Gregorio who sat as one of her speed date
Shelly Celli
Jan 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Friends are the best lovers

Wish and Roxanne are absolutely perfect together. I love how patient Wish is with her and being friends with her instead of pushing a romantic relationship with her. The way her kids took right up with him was amazing and you can tell he fell in love with them immediately as well. This was a great read!
Teresa Byrd
I enjoyed this book. Loved the fact that he let her go to see what she really wanted. Lovely romantic story!
Destiny Bridwell
Feb 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
I got this book from the author for an honest review. I love this book. It is what I could call a feel good romance. I like books like that with all the darkness in the world today. This book is about Roxanne Mabini left alone and pregnant. She was abandoned by her ex without a word. That is when she is convinced by a friend to go to a speed dating event. That is where she meets Wish who has his oven issues. He move the love them and leave them type of guy. But when he sees Roxy he wants more. W ...more
Bella
Unfortunately not well written, predictable plot, and I couldn't get to the end. I wanted to like it, but it just didn't capture my attention.
Elena ( The Queen Reads )
Feb 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Typical New Adult Romance but I did love it. review to come. ❤

Ysa Arcangel is the author of the Moments to Remember Series, Underneath It All and Love at First Sit. She has also written an urban fantasy novella, “Nexus Series Book 1: Anathema”. She is based in Manila and is a loving partner to a very talented chef. She is also a fan of tattoos, a lover of giant dogs, and an enthusiast of extreme sports.

In real life, she is a Spanish speaking GDS Consultant a