Start by marking “Destined by Blood: Bitten Origins (Bitten, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Destined by Blood: Bitten Origins (Bitten, #0.5)

Destined by Blood: Bitten Origins

(Bitten #0.5)

For fans of C.C. Wood's Bitten series, discover how it all began...

In a mythical land not of this time or place, two lovers are drawn together. Alaunus and Aveta. Their destinies flow through their veins, borne in their very blood.

Lost in the discovery of newfound passion, neither of them sees the evil that stalks their every move...until it's too late.

As Alaunus lies upon
Published October 2016

To ask other readers questions about Destined by Blood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Destined by Blood

Start your review of Destined by Blood: Bitten Origins (Bitten, #0.5)
Lady Heather

Release Date: October 17
Add to your TBR: http://bit.ly/2dPpBL0

photo DBB_ebook_HiRes.jpg

Synopsis

For fans of C.C. Wood's Bitten series, discover how it all began...
Their destinies flow through their veins, borne in their very blood.

Raine
Interesting origin story!

This was a very interesting origin story. I really liked this series and it seems with this story there will either be a continuation of the series or a new spin-off. I can't wait!!!
Melinda ~ Twinsie Talk
Oct 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book for an honest review.

This is my first CC Wood book. This is the story of how it all began. How vampires of the Bitten series came to be. I was drawn in from the start it was a quick read and I didnt want to put it down. The love Aveta and Alaunus have for one another was amazing. They truly balanced one another out.

Aveta was the town outcast. Alaunus was being groomed to take over. Aveta and Alaunus were in love but his father promised his hand to another. Aveta
Erin Hurst
Nov 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-for-b-b
This is a fast enjoyable read about how the very first vampire was created. Aveta looks for help from the goddess and god to give her the strength to safe her love on his deal bed due to dark magic. Fantastic story of what then becomes of him.

Michelle
Apr 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Re-read

I love to get lost in the world of magic and C.C. does it do well. I

Can't wait for the next book in this series.
Heather Emery
May 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
A good start to a new series.
Siobhain
Oct 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
C.C. Wood had us under her book spell. Destined by Blood was the first book we have read of hers and were blown away. The story of Aveta and Alaunus was bewitching. We were right there with Finn and Kerry and their journey to witnessing the creation of the first vampire. Aveta and Alaunus love story was so amazing to read about. They were one in mind, body, and soul. Aveta was a widow, outcast, and a witch. She had been shunned by everyone in her village, except by Alaunus. He was son of the ...more
Terrie's Just Another Book B*tch
Back to the beginning.. See how it all started in this quick easy read that you won't be able to put down.

This is the first time c.c wood has written anything in this era. I am in awe and can't understand why she hasn't done this before. I loved this book. While it is a "historical" per say... There isn't a lot time spent on era descriptions (that I sometimes find SO ANNOYING and over done because in my opinion it takes away from the story) C.C sweeps us away into the past to where it all
Red Cheeks Reads
Oct 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Destined By Blood is an addicting look as to how the entire Bitten storyline began and as a reader who has read and loved each of the stories in the series I was engrossed with this first look into where it all started. However if you are new to the series this is also a great place to start and can be read easily as a standalone as well.

"The goddess created you for me and me for you. Whatever you feel for me, I feel you as well."

Aveta and Alaunus's story is equal parts sweet, sext and a touch
Elizabeth Lynx
Oct 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
This is really hard for me to write. What I mean by that is, even though Destined by Blood is a short story, I have so much to say about it.
Lets get the first thing out of the way: I LOVED IT!
This is not the first CC Wood book I have read but I am starting to think it might be one of my favorites. Which is weird because its so short.
That brings me to my second thing: There is so much in this little book. A love that is so deep it is in their bloodcheck. Magic so powerful only a goddess can help
Naughty Mom Story Time
C.C. Wood delivered an elaborate story that encompasses so much. Beautiful imagery, characters I instantly loved, intrigue and passion as well as a story line that delivers the hows and whys of where the Vampires came from and that connection to her characters in the Bitten series.

It was a story that could be read as an intro to the series or after you've already fell in love with it. Either way the experience is just as enjoyable.

For a story so involved and detailed this was a quick read that
Miranda Elaine
Oct 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Loved! Review to come at Red Cheeks Reads.
Phe
4 Stars - Destined by Blood is an adult paranormal romance novella by C.C. Wood.

This story is Woods telling of where the vampires in her books come from, how they were created and why. It bridges the gap between her Bitten series and her spin-off series Blood & Bone . The story begins with Kerry and FinnBewitched, Bothered & Bittenand a message Kerry receives from her mother. Something she wants her to seea vision spell. But vision spells are tricky things, bringing the witch who
Edna Staples
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
First and Foremost this Author is brand new to me as I have never read nothing from her until know. C.C.Wood has for sure made a fan in me as I love this book a lot. Her writing style is just perfect and easy to read and she knows how to pull the reader right into her story. I will for sure keep my eye on her. know my honest and open review....

When you first open the book you will see the author's introduction page and there is a good question that her husband had ask her... Where did the
Mandy Parmenter
Jan 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
I voluntarily reviewed this copy and I have not been compensated in any way.

How C.C. Wood's Bitten series began .......

Alaunus and Aveta are drawn together and are so focused on their shared passion that they miss the darkness stalking them.

Alaunus is poisoned and as he lies on his deathbed Aveta goes to the god and goddess looking for their help to save him. After receiving help she creates new magic to save him however this new magic will not be good for future of the world.

This helped to
Ginger Snaps
Destined by Blood by author C.C. Wood is a spin-off of her Bitten series and will include one of the couples you know from her series. As Kerry finds a book that was spelled by her deceased mother, she and Finn read the story of Alaunus and Aveta and a very powerful witch Rhiannon. But they're not just reading a feel-good story. In fact the story hasn't quite ended and instead warns Kerry of the next foe they will be fighting, as well as possible ties from Finn to Alaunus. C.C. Wood does it ...more
Carla
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Carla's Five Star Review

I just love the Bitten series, so I was super excited to find out how it all began! This is the story of Alaunus and Aveta, and it is amazing! The love that these two share is that one in a million love that binds them mind, body, and soul. If you are just now discovering this series, you are in for a real treat! A must read series!!
Petra Gleason
Sep 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
I just finished Souls Unchained and this is a great little connecting book between the Bitten and Blood & Bone series. Can't wait for book three in the Blood & Bone series so I can find out what happened next!
Fantasy Girl
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Can someone tell me where I can find this book? It's not on any ebook site I know. I've tried finding it online or in pdf/epub but seriously it fricking disappeared and it says it's highly recommanded to read this before forevermore
Nicole Johnson
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this origin story of how Ava and Macgrath began centuries ago. This book is incredibly insightful and fills my head with new questions which I can't wait to see be answered in the next book. It's a short, intriguing read. I absolutely loved it.
Ercilda
Jun 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
As always it's a pleasure to read to book by Ms. Wood. I am so glad to be getting a bit more of the Bitten series. Yay!
Katy Birch
Mar 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
An informative read. After reading the full series, it was lovely to read this. It goes into full detail about Aveta, a witch who was blessed by both the god and goddess. She tries in vain to save her lover and mate Alaunus, ir order to do so, she creates the 1st vampire. After being torn apart, its clear to see they both could still be alive and hiding centuries later.

I would like to read more about them after that teaser
Virginia
Feb 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
I can't wait for the spin-off series!
Pegan Knight
Oct 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Truly amazing story!!

I have been nagged by my bestie to read the Bitten and though I do have the first book I have not read it, after reading this I am so glad I have not yet!! I feel like I will go into the first story with a touch more info.

That being said, this is one of the most amazing stories of love and trials of evil. Curses, God's and Goddesses, true love, and monsters. Totally amazing take on the creation of vampires as well, seriously creative idea there and possible the best one I've
Jenny - Book Sojourner
I have thoroughly enjoyed the 'Bitten' series, so to get this new look at the origins of
the series and where these paranormal characters originated from is particularly exciting. Now, this little gem isn't particularly long, but don't let that fool you. Great things come in small packages.

Alaunus and Aveta's story is equally beautiful and heartbreaking. I can't believe how quickly I fell in love with this couple. But all is not rainbows and kittens. They have opposition and there is dark magic
Kirha
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Kerry receives a message from her mother that ends up pulling her and Finn to the past. Its there that they learn about the possible origins of the vampire race and an evil that no one saw coming.

When I heard that this author was writing a new installment to this series I jumped for joy. I loved each and every book from the series and was interested to see how the author would further the storyline.

It was nice to read about Finn and Kerry again and I am looking forward to hearing more from the
Amber - TBR Book Blog
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Ok if you've read the Bitten Series (you haven't, WHY the eff not?), you might wonder how the whole vampire/witch/werewolf thing started. Well this is the answer to your questions! Although, it did make me want to read more of the Bitten Series and those couples. :)

I'm not one for paranormal (this and KA's Fantasyland Series are about all I read) but this book explains how everything got started but not in a hugely "this would NEVER happen" a total fantasy way. Which is one thing I am grateful
phoebess
And this is how it began...
The changed narration (and how characters spoke) really gave free rein to my imagination and I felt like this long forgotten mythic land was even older than the Earth alone. I was completely enthralled in the story of Alaunus and Aveta. The love, sadness and hope seeped through the pages and I couldn't stop reading it. I can't wait to read more in Blood & Bone series.
Teri
Oct 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Wow this is the story of Aveta and Alaunus. The author felt it was time to give us the origin of her vamps in the series. Man oh man is this an excellent read. I have not read more in the series and although I am not a big fan of vamps this book makes me want to dive into this series and devour it. I loved the story and the passion, and all that went into it. Awesome! Awesome! Awesome!
Lisa Lawson
Jan 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily read an Advanced Reader Copy of this book. A novella of how the first vampire was created as seen by a spell Kerry made through the eyes of her and Finn.
Preparations need to be made because pure evil is lurking their way!
A great new outlook to the lineage of vampires!

• Dark Instincts (The Phoenix Pack, #4)
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Captured (Devil's Blaze MC, #1)
  • Vampire Fugitive (Angler, #4)
  • Bait (Angler, #1)
  • Burned (Devil's Blaze MC, #2)
  • Knowing His Secret (Year of the Billionaire, #1)
  • Beast (Devil's Blaze MC, #5)
  • Released (Devil's Blaze MC, #3)
  • Catch (Angler, #2)
  • Loving Nicole (Savage Brothers MC #3)
  • Beauty (Devil's Blaze MC, #6)
  • Claiming Crusher (Savage Brothers MC, #4)
  • Saving Forever - Part 1 (Saving Forever, #1)
  • Stolen by the Fae (Fae's Claim #1)
  • Trusting Bull (Savage Brothers MC, #5)
  • Shafted (Devil's Blaze MC, #4)
Born and raised in Texas, C.C. Wood writes saucy paranormal and contemporary romances featuring strong, sassy women and the men that love them. If you ever meet C.C. in person, keep in mind that many of her characters are based on people she knows, so anything you say or do is likely to end up in a book one day.

A self-professed hermit, C.C. loves to stay home, where she reads, writes, cooks, and

Bitten (5 books)
  • Bite Me (Bitten, #1)
  • Once Bitten, Twice Shy (Bitten, #2)
  • Bewitched, Bothered, and Bitten (Bitten, #3)
  • Love Bites (Bitten, #4)
  • Bite the Bullet (Bitten, #5)