Start by marking “Destined by Blood: Bitten Origins (Bitten, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Destined by Blood: Bitten Origins (Bitten, #0.5)

Destined by Blood: Bitten Origins (Bitten 0.5)

For fans of C.C. Wood's Bitten series, discover how it all began...

In a mythical land not of this time or place, two lovers are drawn together. Alaunus and Aveta. Their destinies flow through their veins, borne in their very blood.

Lost in the discovery of newfound passion, neither of them sees the evil that stalks their every move...until it's too late.

As Alaunus lies upon
Published October 2016

To ask other readers questions about Destined by Blood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Destined by Blood

Lady Heather

Release Date: October 17
Add to your TBR: http://bit.ly/2dPpBL0

photo DBB_ebook_HiRes.jpg

Synopsis

For fans of C.C. Wood's Bitten series, discover how it all began...
Their destinies flow through their veins, borne in their very blood.

Melinda ~ Twinsie Talk
Oct 14, 2016 Melinda ~ Twinsie Talk rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book for an honest review.

This is my first CC Wood book. This is the story of how it all began. How vampires of the Bitten series came to be. I was drawn in from the start it was a quick read and I didn’t want to put it down. The love Aveta and Alaunus have for one another was amazing. They truly balanced one another out.

Aveta was the town outcast. Alaunus was being groomed to take over. Aveta and Alaunus were in love but his father promised his hand to another. Aveta
Erin Hurst
Nov 17, 2016 Erin Hurst rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-for-b-b
This is a fast enjoyable read about how the very first vampire was created. Aveta looks for help from the goddess and god to give her the strength to safe her love on his deal bed due to dark magic. Fantastic story of what then becomes of him.

Perfectly Perez
Oct 17, 2016 Perfectly Perez rated it it was amazing
C.C. Wood had us under her book spell. Destined by Blood was the first book we have read of hers and were blown away. The story of Aveta and Alaunus was bewitching. We were right there with Finn and Kerry and their journey to witnessing the creation of the first vampire. Aveta and Alaunus’ love story was so amazing to read about. They were one in mind, body, and soul. Aveta was a widow, outcast, and a witch. She had been shunned by everyone in her village, except by Alaunus. He was son of the ch ...more
Terrie's Just Another Book B*tch
Back to the beginning.. See how it all started in this quick easy read that you won't be able to put down.

This is the first time c.c wood has written anything in this era. I am in awe and can't understand why she hasn't done this before. I loved this book. While it is a "historical" per say... There isn't a lot time spent on era descriptions (that I sometimes find SO ANNOYING and over done because in my opinion it takes away from the story) C.C sweeps us away into the past to where it all began
Red Cheeks Reads
Oct 17, 2016 Red Cheeks Reads rated it really liked it
Destined By Blood is an addicting look as to how the entire Bitten storyline began and as a reader who has read and loved each of the stories in the series I was engrossed with this first look into where it all started. However if you are new to the series this is also a great place to start and can be read easily as a standalone as well.

"The goddess created you for me and me for you. Whatever you feel for me, I feel you as well."

Aveta and Alaunus's story is equal parts sweet, sext and a touch
Elizabeth Lynx
Oct 24, 2016 Elizabeth Lynx rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
This is really hard for me to write. What I mean by that is, even though Destined by Blood is a short story, I have so much to say about it.
Let’s get the first thing out of the way: I LOVED IT!
This is not the first CC Wood book I have read but I am starting to think it might be one of my favorites. Which is weird because it’s so short.
That brings me to my second thing: There is so much in this little book. A love that is so deep it is in their blood…check. Magic so powerful only a goddess can he
MirandaRCR
Oct 15, 2016 MirandaRCR rated it really liked it
Loved! Review to come at Red Cheeks Reads.
Kellie Garbutt
Oct 19, 2016 Kellie Garbutt rated it it was amazing
Truly amazing story!!

I have been nagged by my bestie to read the Bitten and though I do have the first book I have not read it, after reading this I am so glad I have not yet!! I feel like I will go into the first story with a touch more info.

That being said, this is one of the most amazing stories of love and trials of evil. Curses, God's and Goddesses, true love, and monsters. Totally amazing take on the creation of vampires as well, seriously creative idea there and possible the best one I've
Kirha
Nov 20, 2016 Kirha rated it it was amazing
Kerry receives a message from her mother that ends up pulling her and Finn to the past. It’s there that they learn about the possible origins of the vampire race and an evil that no one saw coming.

When I heard that this author was writing a new installment to this series I jumped for joy. I loved each and every book from the series and was interested to see how the author would further the storyline.

It was nice to read about Finn and Kerry again and I am looking forward to hearing more from the
Mandy Parmenter
Jan 16, 2017 Mandy Parmenter rated it really liked it
I voluntarily reviewed this copy and I have not been compensated in any way.

How C.C. Wood's Bitten series began .......

Alaunus and Aveta are drawn together and are so focused on their shared passion that they miss the darkness stalking them.

Alaunus is poisoned and as he lies on his deathbed Aveta goes to the god and goddess looking for their help to save him. After receiving help she creates new magic to save him however this new magic will not be good for future of the world.

This helped to se
Ginger Snaps
Destined by Blood by author C.C. Wood is a spin-off of her Bitten series and will include one of the couples you know from her series. As Kerry finds a book that was spelled by her deceased mother, she and Finn read the story of Alaunus and Aveta and a very powerful witch Rhiannon. But they're not just reading a feel-good story. In fact the story hasn't quite ended and instead warns Kerry of the next foe they will be fighting, as well as possible ties from Finn to Alaunus. C.C. Wood does it agai ...more
Marie- Naughty Moms' Story Time
C.C. Wood delivered an elaborate story that encompasses so much. Beautiful imagery, characters I instantly loved, intrigue and passion as well as a story line that delivers the hows and whys of where the Vampires came from and that connection to her characters in the Bitten series.

It was a story that could be read as an intro to the series or after you've already fell in love with it. Either way the experience is just as enjoyable.

For a story so involved and detailed this was a quick read that
Virginia
Feb 10, 2017 Virginia rated it really liked it
I can't wait for the spin-off series!
Jenny - Book Sojourner
I have thoroughly enjoyed the 'Bitten' series, so to get this new look at the origins of
the series and where these paranormal characters originated from is particularly exciting. Now, this little gem isn't particularly long, but don't let that fool you. Great things come in small packages.

Alaunus and Aveta's story is equally beautiful and heartbreaking. I can't believe how quickly I fell in love with this couple. But all is not rainbows and kittens. They have opposition and there is dark magic
Amber
Oct 16, 2016 Amber rated it it was amazing
Ok if you've read the Bitten Series (you haven't, WHY the eff not?), you might wonder how the whole vampire/witch/werewolf thing started. Well this is the answer to your questions! Although, it did make me want to read more of the Bitten Series and those couples. :)

I'm not one for paranormal (this and KA's Fantasyland Series are about all I read) but this book explains how everything got started but not in a hugely "this would NEVER happen" a total fantasy way. Which is one thing I am grateful
phoebess
And this is how it began...
The changed narration (and how characters spoke) really gave free rein to my imagination and I felt like this long forgotten mythic land was even older than the Earth alone. I was completely enthralled in the story of Alaunus and Aveta. The love, sadness and hope seeped through the pages and I couldn't stop reading it. I can't wait to read more in Blood & Bone series.
Teri
Oct 20, 2016 Teri rated it really liked it
Wow this is the story of Aveta and Alaunus. The author felt it was time to give us the origin of her vamps in the series. Man oh man is this an excellent read. I have not read more in the series and although I am not a big fan of vamps this book makes me want to dive into this series and devour it. I loved the story and the passion, and all that went into it. Awesome! Awesome! Awesome!
Lisa Lawson
Jan 12, 2017 Lisa Lawson rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily read an Advanced Reader Copy of this book. A novella of how the first vampire was created as seen by a spell Kerry made through the eyes of her and Finn.
Preparations need to be made because pure evil is lurking their way!
A great new outlook to the lineage of vampires!
Miranda Davis
Miranda Davis rated it it was amazing
Mar 10, 2017
Christine Stanley
Christine Stanley rated it it was amazing
Oct 12, 2016
Taylor
Taylor rated it it was amazing
Oct 19, 2016
Monica
Monica rated it it was amazing
Nov 10, 2016
Mary Fisher
Mary Fisher rated it it was amazing
Nov 15, 2016
kelynen hedges
kelynen hedges rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2016
Jenifer Alfonzo
Jenifer Alfonzo rated it liked it
Mar 24, 2017
Taylor
Taylor rated it it was amazing
Oct 19, 2016
Heidi Stark
Heidi Stark rated it it was amazing
Nov 02, 2016
Tania
Tania rated it really liked it
Nov 19, 2016
Danielle
Danielle rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2016
Born and raised in Texas, C.C. Wood writes saucy paranormal and contemporary romances featuring strong, sassy women and the men that love them. If you ever meet C.C. in person, keep in mind that many of her characters are based on people she knows, so anything you say or do is likely to end up in a book one day.

A self-professed hermit, C.C. loves to stay home, where she reads, writes, cooks, and w
More about C.C. Wood...

Bitten (5 books)
  • Bite Me (Bitten, #1)
  • Once Bitten, Twice Shy (Bitten, #2)
  • Bewitched, Bothered, and Bitten (Bitten, #3)
  • Love Bites (Bitten, #4)
  • Bite the Bullet (Bitten, #5)