Start by marking “After the Game (The Field Party, #3)” as Want to Read:
After the Game (The Field Party, #3)

After the Game

(The Field Party #3)

Two years ago, Riley Young fled from Lawton, Alabama. After accusing the oldest Lawton son, Rhett, of rape, everyone called her a liar and she had no option but to leave. Now she’s back, but she’s not at Lawton High finishing up her senior year. She’s at home raising the little girl that no one believed was Rhett’s.

Rhett is off at college living the life he was afraid he’d
Published August 22nd 2017 by Simon Pulse

To ask other readers questions about After the Game, please sign up.
Samantha McLaughlin Definitely! It will provide a TON of context for After the Game. Plus, the first book, Until Friday Night, is the best, in my opinion.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Meghan
Nov 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
WTF kind of name is Bryony?!? That is all.

Update: I liked it a lot. Still hate the name.
Sabrina
Aug 23, 2017 rated it liked it
NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

3.5 Stars

After the Game is one of those books for me that I liked but had some issues with that kept me from loving it. I liked that Brady was able to admit when he was wrong and didn't let the town's opinion stop him from seeing Riley. I thought both of these characters were portrayed as mature with a really great balance of young naivete.

Their story kept me interested and left me with a happy feeling when they finally for their HEA so it made the overall experienc
~Poppy~
Dec 14, 2016 rated it liked it
“I’ve found that the things that rattle us the most are the ones worth making sacrifices for.”

"This was where I wanted to be. Nowhere else had ever felt this right. No one else would make me feel like Riley Young did."

“One day I’ll ask you to marry me,” I told her.
“And one day I’ll say yes”

Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic
I'm sort of crossing my fingers that somehow this series will improve and After the Game did. Thank goodness and I'm sure I'll be continuing the series.

Riley Young returns in the small town of Lawton with her parents and daughter, Bryony, so they can take care her grandmother with Alzheimer's disease. Two years, people shamed and threw hurtful words her way when Rhett Lawton raped her. It saddens me these people did not protect nor defend Riley. She's a victim here and these people choose to ta
Michelle
I m a little bit broken after this.

Free Image Hosting at FunkyIMG.com

I knew this book was going to be heart breaking. But omg I think I had a lump in my throat throughout this book. I was dying to know more about Riley after hearing what happened to her and why she had to leave Lawton. I knew I was goin to love her from the start this girls was so young and she has been through hell and back. But everyday she held her head up high and would get stronger. Riley had the love of her parents that made things easier for her. They we
After the Game is book #3 in the Young Adult contemporary The Field Party series.

The book takes place in Lawton, Alabama. The narrators are 17 year olds Riley and Brady. The story is told in first person POVs.

Each book has different narrators so normally these books could be read as standalones. However, to me After the Game should be read after the first two books. This book is more connected to the other books. Riley's story was introduced previously and Brady was even the narrator of the las
Angy Potter - Collector of Book Boyfriends
after_the_game

Audiobook Review: 5+++ Stars

Brady and Riley’s love story was the less expected of the series.

Two years ago, Riley was Gunner’s girlfriend and Brady was in love with Willa. Now Willa and Gunner were together and Brady was ready for something different in his life. What were the odds of them switching couples? NONE!! And adding the fact that Riley had to leave town after accusing Gunner’s older brother of raping her and nobody believed in her, the chances were less than zero. But… things—and peopl
Krystal
Sep 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Brady
Robbie Amell

Riley
Zoey Deutch

Loved this book - favorite of the series HANDS DOWN!!!
Sad we have to wait another year for Nash but it'll be worth it!
Monica Murphy
Oct 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This series is consistently good and doesn't disappoint. I really enjoyed this book. But I always enjoy Abbi's writing. :)
Shannon Moore
Nov 19, 2017 rated it liked it
This isn't a bad book per se, but it's definitely not my favourite in the series. I feel that the author took a cop out in terms of plot and there are so many other directions that this could've taken. For instance, one of the main things about the book was completely ignored. Brushed under the rug. For a plot twist that I didn't find terribly effective.

I guess ultimately I'm disappointed. Riley and Brady could've been it but as of now, they're sitting as my least favourite. Which sucks majorly
Erica 📚♋️✨🌸
LOVED THIS best book so far in the series I love the plot the most importantly the characters are all amazing.
Ryan Buckby
Oct 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Actual Rating: 3.5

Abbie glines returns to lawton and we see the same bunch of characters return in the field party YA novel series. I know this series is more directed at females however Abbi has included some series topics that have kept me interesting in reading this series.

Plot: This third book in the series picks up immediately after the second book, we have Brady as one of the main character point of views and Riley being the second main character point of view in this story. We also s
Theresa
I appreciated that this story tackled some challenging issues ( Teenage pregnancy, rape, and infidelity) without the over the top drama that can occur at times in YA novels... The author allowed her characters to make honest, realistic choices with their obstacles that reflected their ages but also their developing maturity... a strong story with flawed but insightful characters adapting to the challenges of youth and the journey into adulthood... 4 Stars:)
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: August 22, 2017
Genre: Young Adult Romance
Actual Rating: 4.5 stars

Recommended Read

I really liked this one! I wasn't sure how I would feel about Riley because she was bad mouthed so bad in the first two books, but she was redeemed in this one. This goes to show you that everyone truly does have their own story and you should think about that before judging them. For those who are unfamiliar with the series (not a lot of people, I'm sure) each book can standalone as they featu
Kim
Aug 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Brady Higgens is the Lawton, Alabama golden boy and quarterback. He is usually seen as the good, dependable guy who is destined to go places. Although he has not really had good luck in the romance department with getting stuck with clingers or girls that choose the other guy, he is ready to find a real relationship like his friends West and Gunner have. But he is blindsided by the girl that unexpectedly returns to his life.

Riley Young was basically run out of town with her family two
Jeraca
Dec 23, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, read-but-unowned
I received this free eARC from Edelweiss in exchange for my honest review.

I was a bit leery going into this book of the series after finding out who the characters were. Mainly about Brady because I really didn't like him in the second novel. He was so naive and whinny and annoying. It was all about him and no one else's problems seemed to matter to him. And the way he used and strung Ivy around because it was convienant and he didn't want to hurt her feelings was a pile of crap and I just want
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

Well, that was adorable.
A really sweet and moving young adult football romance.
I would've wanted an epilogue and a few sexy scenes, but it was totally ok the way it was.
Can't wait to see what Nash has to tell us next summer!

description

Smokin Hot Book Blog Email
Julia (ten_thousand_books)
Watching someone you love so much love lost in their own head was heartbreaking. Alzheimer's was a terrible disease.

Riley's grandmamma has Alzheimer's and throughout the book you can definitely tell. I had a family member with the same disease and let me tell you something, it's awful. So I can seriously relate to what Riley and her parents are feeling.

"Human nature isn't always pretty."

No, it's not.
In all three books we see different situations but they are all very real. Cancer, Murder, Su
Vanessa ♛Queen Alchemy ϟ Novel Nerd Faction♛
4.5/5 Stars

Warning: This review contains SPOILERS.

This was very nearly a five star read for me. Other than a few minor things, it was perfect! This book pulled at my heartstrings more than the previous two books ever did.

I love series that are built like this one. This book builds onto the first two books in the series. The characters from each book are incorporated into each book of the series, but each individual book concentrates on a specific couple and those characters' personal journeys.
Miftahul ♥️MsLovesReading♥️

Amazon-https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M00XHFY/...
My Instagram- https://www.instagram.com/_miftahul_j...

The thir
Tammy  Zautner
I really want to rate this 2.5 stars since I walked away a couple of times, and even contemplated a DNF. But due to my mood and timing, I'm giving the book the benefit of the doubt. I think I may have outgrown this author/genre. So, with that in mind, I'm chalking up my boredom and lack of interest to a this is me and not you type of issue.

I liked Riley. I liked Brady. However, nothing about these two were gripping and captivating. Hell, even Brady's mom came off as more of a Stepford Wife. Eve
Dawnie
A solid good book but i had some real and pretty big issues with this one.

All three books in this series follow two characters - a football player of the high school team and the girl he falls in love with. we all know that going in. So that is fine.

All three books handle deeper, harder or troubling topics for both main characters. So that was expected as well. But sadly not fine in this book.

Lets start out with what i LOVED in this book:

I LOVE the football aspects of this book series and whi
melissafandomworld
Once again a wonderful read and worth the wait!! I was looking forward for Brady and Riley's story for ages now and it was such a sweet, lovely read I've come to adore <3 Brady and Riley are going to steal your heart. O, and don't forget little Bryony - Riley's daughter - hihi. She was adoooorable <3

I Loved 'seeing' some old favorite characters again as well, because I fell for their stories first and I absolutely love to see bits and pieces of their life/romances in next books, like in th
thebookbitch
4.5 Stars

After 'Under the Lights' I wasn't too sure how I'd feel about this book. However, I completely fell in love with this. Riley was such an empowering character. She'd been raped, got told she was lying by the entire town and had a child but only saw the positives. All at the age of 17. I loved every scene with her daughter Bryony. There was so much love and affection in this novel.

INCREDIBLE!
Jess
i liked it better than the previous novel, but some things about this novel really irked me... (rtc maybe)
Pam Nelson
Well, finally one I liked. Haha. Don’t get me wrong I didn’t hate the others I just wasn’t a fan. Not bad enough to not want to finish them. This one though I enjoyed right from the beginning to the end.
Riley came back to town because her Grandmother needed her help. But she comes back with her darling little girl. We met Gunner in Book 2 and we also learn that Rhett is his brother and was accused of rape by Riley and no one believed her. She and her family left but like I said they came back b
Quinn's Quippy Quotes
Nov 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: own, paperback, signed
3-3.5 stars
This seriously pains me to rate this book so low. I absolutely adore this series, and honestly I loved this book until about half way through when something came out that just didn't fit. I didn't agree with where Glines took Brady's story. I felt that there were more viable options that could've been utilized instead, but I guess that's why I'm the reader and not the author.

I still love how Glines is able to pack so much into these little novels though. You can easily read these in
Jessica
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As a child Brady always thought Willa was his one love. Until she fell in love with his best friend Gunner. The three were always together from childhood and when she came back he assumed she would have picked him.

Riley chose to leave the town she was raised in after everyone thought she was a liar. Why would a popular boy like Rhett rape his brothers girlfriend? She has now came back with a baby. Riley is such a strong and fierced woman.

Then Brady goes through some family problems. Lucky he had
PinkAmy loves books, cats and naps
1.5 STARS

Although I enjoyed reading AFTER THE GAME, I also felt frustrated with the toxic masculinity, romanticizing teen pregnancy by rape, making being a teen mom seem easy peasy.

Two years later, Riley seemed to have no after effects from the rape and not being believed because Bryony is so cute and lovable. Riley doesn’t experience any PTSD symptoms. Abbi Glines made teenage parenting seem like a cake walk, Bryony never whines or throws a tantrum or acts bratty. Sure, Riley needs to do homesc
Mercedes
Oct 05, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

• Long Way Home (Thunder Road, #3)
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Waiting for Willa (Big Sky, #3)
  • Confessions of a Kleptomaniac
  • Hold On (Play On, #2.5; Big Sky, #4.6)
  • All Closed Off (Rusk University, #4)
  • A Girl Like Me (Like Us, #2)
  • Art of Forgiveness (Stern Family Saga, #2)
  • Made to Love You (Love, #5)
  • Enticed By You (by You, #1)
  • The Runaway Countess
  • Dignity (The Breaking Point, #2)
  • Sex, Lies & Nikolai
  • Graffiti Heaven
  • You Loved Me At My Ugliest (You Loved Me, #3)
  • Unbreakable (Highlands Forever, #1)
  • How to Hook a Bookworm (How To, #3)
  • Restoring Us: Complete Series
Abbi Glines is a #1 New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal bestselling author of the Rosemary Beach, Sea Breeze, Vincent Boys, Field Party and Existence series. She never cooks unless baking during the Christmas holiday counts. She believes in ghosts and has a habit of asking people if their house is haunted before she goes in it. She drinks afternoon tea because she wants to be Britis ...more

The Field Party (5 books)
  • Until Friday Night (The Field Party, #1)
  • Under the Lights (The Field Party, #2)
  • Losing the Field (The Field Party, #4)
  • Making a Play (The Field Party, #5)
“For every teenage girl who has made a mistake and those who had no one to believe in them. May you find strength in yourself and realize you are strong enough. This too shall pass, and you’ll become a woman of strength. Hang in there.” 7 likes
“But I did need someone. West became my someone. I think everyone needs a someone." She paused and looked directly at me. "I hope you're his." I did too. "If I am, I won't let him down." pg. 74” 4 likes