Start by marking “Pug & Pig Trick-or-Treat” as Want to Read:
Pug & Pig Trick-or-Treat

Pug & Pig Trick-or-Treat

Pug and Pig are back for a heartwarming Halloween adventure in this adorable picture book thats perfect for pet lovers of all ages.

Halloween night has come to Pug and Pigs house, and the darling duo is sporting matching costumes. The costumes are cozy. They glow in the dark. And they have masks! Theres only one problemPug hates wearing his. So he decides to rip it up and
Published July 25th 2017 by Beach Lane Books (first published 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Pug & Pig Trick-or-Treat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pug & Pig Trick-or-Treat

Start your review of Pug & Pig Trick-or-Treat
L. McCoy
AWW, I LOVE THIS ONE SO MUCH YAY!

Whats it about?
Its Halloween. Pig loves her costume but Pug doesnt like his. He destroys the costume and decides he doesnt care about going out on Halloween but Pig still wants to. Pug figures out a way for the both of them to go trick or treating!

Why it gets 5 stars:
The story is fun and sweet!
The art is just as adorable in this book as it is in book one!
(view spoiler)
The characters are very interesting! For one, theyre fucking adorable! The
Jason
Sep 21, 2017 rated it liked it
How is no one commenting on how unsettling it is that Pig and Pug live in a house by themselves in a world of humans? I was three-quarters of the way through the book when the first humans showed up and was all, "waitaminnit-there are *humans* in this world?" Furthermore, these two answer the door and show up at parties with nary a human owner in sight, and no one bats an eyelash? Curious, verrrry curious...
Woody Chichester
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Pig loves halloween. Pug hates wearing a tight fitting costume. Can these two compromise? spoiler alert- they can! because they're friends and friends care about each other's feelings. Simple story cute illustrations, this one is a halloween winner.
Terri
Dec 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: storytime
A book everyone should read before they die.
Casandria
Aug 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great toddler Halloween book! Pig and Pug have opposite reactions to being dressed up, but they both find a way to enjoy Halloween together.
Chinook
Nov 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids, halloween
I like the story of friendship shown by this series.
Meg
Aug 17, 2017 rated it liked it
This really isn't that great, lol, but it's so cute. So three stars for cuteness. Don't judge.
Heidi
Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Pig is thrilled with her costume and how it fits. Pug hates his costume and how cramped he feels inside it. Finally, Pug can't take it any more and sheds the costume. But now Pig is sad because she doesn't have anyone to answer the door with, or trick or treat with, or go to the party with. Can Pug find a solution that makes them both happy? This is a pretty simple story, but that very simpleness is what carries the day as Pug and Pig need to compromise to make themselves both happy. The story ...more
mindful.librarian ☀️
Oct 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book is adorable, with a story and illustrations perfect for an audience grades 1 and under. The story of friendship and Halloween will delight both readers familiar with Pug and Pig, as well as those new to the pair.

Highly recommended for Halloween storytimes for the younger crowd!

Thanks to Blue Slip Media for the review copy of this title.
Amber Webb
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Pug and Pig Trick or Treat is a cute little story about two friends who feel differently about Halloween costumes. This story, while light and adorable also teaches children that it's okay to disagree with your friends and still be okay. It also demonstrates freedom of thinking, new ideas and creating compromise with friends. My daughter loved the simplicity while learning big ideas.
Baby Bookworm
Oct 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: our-reviews

Hello, friends! Happy October! Were starting off the Halloween season with a review of the delightfully fun Pug & Pig: Trick-Or-Treat, written by Sue Lowell Gallion and illustrated by Joyce Wan.

In this spooky sequel, Pug and Pig are back and getting ready for the holiday: their house is decorated, their yard has a scarecrow, and they have their own personalized pumpkins. They even have
Stacie
Oct 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
Pug and Pig are the best of friends. Pig is super excited to wear his costume for Halloween until he finds out that Pug does not like his costume and doesn't want to participate in all the fun Halloween activities. Pig is sad and doesn't know who will go with him to trick-or-treat or play all the fun games. Can Pug come up with a plan to celebrate Halloween with his friend, Pig?

This simple story will delight children and get them excited for Halloween. Pug and Pig are wonderful friends who do
Alex  Baugh
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Now that Pug and Pig are best friends, its time to think about going trick-or-treating together. Pug and Pigs costumes make them look like skeletons. They fit nice and tightly, which makes Pig. Pig even likes the mask so no one will know who he is. But Pug is not at all happy with the tight fit of his costume, or his mask - no one will know who he is. Can these siblings find a way for both Pug and Pig to be happy? Ummlooks like Pug has an idea.
This is a great story about how simple problem
Cindy Hudson
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Pug and pig are great friends, but that doesnt mean they like the same things. Pig loves to put on a costume for Halloween, go trick-or-treating, and have fun at a party. Pug hates tight costumes and doesnt care about Halloween. Pig is feeling sad that shell have to celebrate all on her own until Pug gets a great idea that will make them both happy.

Pug & Pig Trick-or-Treat by Sue Lowell Gallion looks at how friends can be different and still find ways to have fun together. Joyce Wans
Sharde Liggins
Our favorite friends Pug and Pig are back with another book "Pug & Pig Trick-or-Treat" by Sue Lowell Gallion. This time the friends are dressed in identical costumes for Halloween while Pig is happy and optimistic about Halloween pug is miserable and doesn't like his costumes. Realizing how much Halloween means to pig, pug creates his own costume to trick or treat with and they have a awesome time. This book is very warming while showing how best friends sacrifice for each other. This story ...more
Roben
It's Halloween!! Pig and Pug are dressed in identical skeleton costumes! Pig LOVES her costume! Pug -- not so much. In fact, Pug tears off his costume! Aaaah! Oh no! Now Pig is sad because she won't have anyone to help her pass out candy, or go trick or treating, or get yummy snacks at the party.... But wait! Pug might just have the perfect solution!
I really liked this book! It is so true of toddlers and preschoolers -- some LOVE their costumes; others - not so much. A great not spooky read for
Lynn
Jul 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
If you're looking for Halloween books to add to your youngster's personal or library collection, grab this one. I've not read the original "Pug & Pig" so I don't know how this extends their friendship.
Rendered in pencil, then colored digitally, illustrations are predominately in orange and grey. The roly-poly shapes provide enough detail to show the season but not too much to be distracting.
Mostly simple text is set in large white or black to contrast with background. I can imagine young
Brenda Maier
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Pug and Pig are back in another adventure, and this one explores a situation kids will be familiar with: what do you do when you want to do one thing and your friend wants to do something else? Gallion has written her text so that it's clean and clear (and perfect for repetitive reads), and Wan's art captures the adorable animal characters' personalities so that no matter what they do, readers will still love them. I'd recommend this book for parents or teachers who want to prompt discussions ...more
Cindy Mitchell *Kiss the Book*
Gallion, Sue Lowell Pug & Pig: Trick-or-Treat, illustrated by Joyce Wan. PICTURE BOOK. Beach Lane (Simon), 2017. $18.

Pig is very happy with her Halloween costume, but Pug is not having it. When he sees that Pig is unhappy, though, he comes up with a costume idea that makes both of them happy.

Like the first in the series, this would make a good board book, or a small format picture book. Nothing wrong with it, just not an overwhelming new favorite.

Pre-K OPTIONAL. Cindy, Library Teacher
Vi
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The adorable sequel to Pug Meets Pig, this was a must-purchase for our family when we saw it. Our toddler loves Joyce Wan's books, and her illustrations and Sue Lowell Gallion's sweet story come together to form the complete package in this picture book.

In this book, our unlikely friends Pug and Pig find that friends don't always like the same things. However, they are able to problem solve and compromise to still have a great Halloween together, because their friendship and each other's
Mrs Mommy Booknerd http://mrsmommybooknerd.blogspot.com
I love both pug and pig. They are the best. They are adorable. They are friends. They work through problems together and make the reader smile. This story is sheer delight because they love each other so much and find a way to enjoy Halloween together. The characters, story and illustrations melt my heart and I cannot wait to read this book to my class for Halloween. I know the kids are going to love it as much as I do. I am excited to share Pug and Pig with them.
Amy Oberts
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was ok
"Pug & Pig: Trick-or-Treat" could be an effective read-aloud for children ages 0 - 5, but its simplicity isn't remarkable or insightful...it's simply simple. The fundamental difference between Pug and Pig's approaches to Halloween is intriguing, but Pug's solution to address the problem is odd. The illustrations are lively, however, and young audiences may find the story silly and entertaining (without realizing the premise of the story was superior to the conclusion).
Jessica Rodrigues
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Adorable.

Pig loves his costume, but Pug feels constricted in his body suit. When he rips off the costume, Pig is upset that Pug won't accompany him in costuming.

Pug rolls around in the mud and goes out with Pig as his shadow.

Large pictures and large text make this a great Halloween pick for little readers.
Valerie Lawson
Oct 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another adorable story by Gallion with equally adorable illustrations by Wan. An extra plus for me as a parent of a child with sensory issues was the story line about the costume being uncomfortable and finding a compromise and still enjoying the holiday - always a challenge for our kiddos! Loved it!
mary dewley
Oct 19, 2017 rated it liked it
The cute illustrations by Joyce Wan far overshadow the simplistic story. At first, after Pug rolled around in the mud, I thought he was a ninja and not Pig's shadow. We also see a picture of a cat. Was the cat not invited to go out trick-or-treating with them? I haven't read the other books, so now I'm going to have to, just find out what's going on with the cat!
Ashley Adkins
Sep 15, 2017 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this Pug and Pig book better than the first however, Pigs character still seemed pushy and not a character I would want children to relate to. I do think the idea of having a good friend to experience things with is great! As with the first book, I do enjoy this style of art.
Betsy Myers
Oct 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I won this book via Goodreads First Reads. I am an ECE Administrator and I look forward to adding this book to our library for students. I am excited to share this story with our students and my teaching teams! :)
JJ
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kiddie-books
The illustrations in the book are so cute! I loved the comparison between the likes and dislikes of Pug and Pig! This is a great book for kids. If I really liked this book as an adult I would have loved it as a child.
Laura Perry
Feb 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cvtc-kidlit
This a story about a pug who doesn't like his Halloween costume. Once he gets it off he realizes that now he wont be able to go with his pig friend. Pug finds a costume that he likes and then everyone is happy. A great story about being yourself.
Shantel
Aug 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is PRECIOUS. I love the art so much. The number of times I went "awwwwwwwww!" as I turned the pages... I read this as I was shopping for a little bebe who was born on Halloween, and this was too perfect.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Gustavo, the Shy Ghost
  • The Little Kitten
  • Pick a Pumpkin
  • Sir Simon: Super Scarer
  • Attack of the Underwear Dragon
  • The Little Ghost Who Lost Her Boo!
  • Fright Club
  • Pig the Stinker
  • The Monsters' Monster
  • Halloween Hats
  • Turkey Trick or Treat
  • Girl Versus Squirrel
  • Little Wise Wolf
  • When My Brother Gets Home
  • Dinosaur Lady: The Daring Discoveries of Mary Anning, the First Paleontologist
  • Are You Eating Candy Without Me?
  • Pig the Winner