Start by marking “Love & Luck (Love & Gelato, #2)” as Want to Read:
Love & Luck (Love & Gelato, #2)

Love & Luck

(Love & Gelato #2)

3.78  ·  Rating details ·  10,022 ratings  ·  1,666 reviews
Addie is visiting Ireland for her aunt’s over-the-top destination wedding, and hoping she can stop thinking about the one horrible thing she did that left her miserable and heartbroken—and threatens her future. But her brother, Ian, isn’t about to let her forget, and his constant needling leads to arguments and even a fistfight between the two once inseparable siblings. Mi ...more
Published May 8th 2018 by Simon Pulse

·  10,022 ratings  ·  1,666 reviews

Start your review of Love & Luck (Love & Gelato, #2)
jessica
Jun 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
after reading ‘love and gelato’ last year, jenna evans welch became an auto-buy author for me. pretty brave to do only after her debut, but i am so happy this didnt disappoint. true to her previous work, ‘love and luck’ was the perfect mix of summer, adventure, growing up, and love. all of the makings for a wonderful contemporary.

what i really enjoyed most was how the story explored sibling relationships. i loved reading about how close addie and ian were and how there were able to repair their
Cristina Monica
3.5 stars.

Two years ago, I read a wonderful story titled Love & Gelato. It introduced me to gelato, a very succulent human invention, and quite a swoon-worthy Italian – Ren.

I couldn’t wait to read more from this author.

So when I had the opportunity to read Love & Luck, I jumped with joy. I kid you not, I received an e-mail saying I would receive a copy of it thirty minutes before taking one of my final exams. Let me tell you that I was more eager than usual to sit for three hours and answer an
emma
I. LOVE. BOOKS ABOUT SIBLINGS.

Books about romance? Meh. Who cares. Every YA book and its mother (not sure how the genealogy of YA literature works but still) has a romance. Most of them are bad. A couple of them are good. But it doesn't even matter because there are more romance plotlines in this world than you know what to do with.

Siblings, on the other hand...Not every book has a well-done portrayal of what sibling relationships are like. Which is honestly probably a good thing because it is e
megs_bookrack
Feb 13, 2019 rated it liked it
When Addie embarks on a family trip to Ireland for her Aunt's destination wedding, she couldn't be happier to get out of her hometown for a bit.

It has been the worst summer of her life for dramatic reasons unknown to the reader pretty much for the entirety of the book.

The plan is that after the wedding, Addie and her brother, Ian, will travel to Italy to visit Addie's best friend, Lena.

That's right, the very same Lena from Love & Gelato, a book that completely stole my heart.

However, things
Gillian
Jul 04, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: i-own
So I am kind of sad that Welch didn't keep with the food theme... like how about Love & Soda bread 😂 ...more
may ❀
THIS WAS SUCH A HEARTWARMING BOOK IM MELTING FROM CUTENESS AND SWEETNESS

- v v wholesome book
- if this book was given an emoji equivalent it would be 👌 bc its superb
- so number one, I REALLY love how jenna welch writes the most cute, adorable summer vacation stories
- like love and gelato was just ??adorable??
- and this one is wholesome and sweet and heartwarming and also ??adorable??
- its quirky and funny (i love guidebook lady sm i would die for her)
- GUYS THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN ADDIE AND HER
Unbroken
Apr 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-english
OH MY GOSH!
Has anybody known there will be a spin-off for "Love and gelato" about Addie?
So excited to read it!
Ashley
Apr 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, 2018
See full review and many more at: Ashes Books & Bobs.

Many thanks to Simon Pulse / Simon and Schuster for the chance to read and review this novel early.

I'm all for poor man's traveling, also known as reading about teenagers traipsing around the Irish countryside. When I read Love & Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch last year, I was already excited about this book, knowing it wouldn't be released for close to a year. I loved Lina's adventures around Italy and essentially being able to tag along for the
Latanya (Crafty Scribbles)
This book serves as a reminder that not all characters from a previous novel require a story of their own (the other being Leah on the Offbeat).

Pros :
1. I enjoyed the guidebook bits in-between chapters. Witty. Short. Fast-paced.

Cons :
1. Constant Sibling Bickering . This plot point went on much too long.
2. Boring Characters . I found them unbelievably tedious, which made my first con even more annoying. I would have been more lenient if they were teens deserving of a following.
Mariah
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I WILL READ ANYTHING THIS WOMAN WRITES. MY EXCITEMENT FOR THIS BOOK IS AT UNHEALTHY LEVELS.
Larry H
Dec 28, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.

There’s nothing like the beauty of Ireland and some chaotic travel to help ease the pain of a heartbreak!

In Love & Luck , Addie has just suffered a major heartbreak and betrayal for the first time, and what’s worse is, her older brother Ian knows about it, and it’s not long before others do, too. But she and her family are in Ireland for her aunt’s destination wedding so Addie just wants to pretend it never happened—for now.

Ian keeps urging, even threatening, Addie to tell their mot
Suzanne
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5*

I loved this just as much as I loved Love & Gelato. This is an adorable story about love, friendship, and siblings. I found it carried a great message for people regarding texting stuff to others. Really drives home a good lesson to people about that. I actually would recommend for teens to read this just for that very awful life lesson. The story is wonderful and to put it short, I am ready to go visit Ireland! Who’s in??!!

My quick and simple overall: short, lovely story about young love an
ℨαrα
”Siblings can be a special kind of cruel.”

Plot ~ Concept: ★★★★★
~ Execution: ★★★★☆½
Pacing: ★★★★★
Writing style: ★★★★★
Characters: ★★★★★
World:
Enjoyment: ★★★★★
Cover: ★★★★☆

It had its deep moments, family, and lovable main characters. It had no drama for the sake of angst, no pettiness, and no justifying horrible actions.

Do you know how difficult it’s been for me to find contemporaries like these? Needle-in-a-haystack difficult.

Pros:
🍀 Addie and her brother were borderline ridiculous, but still manag
Amy (TheSouthernGirlReads)
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-s
💗 &🍀

I'm going to put this out there. Jenna Evans Welch you have now become a must read author for me girl. Meaning if you write your version of the phone book...it's a must read for me 😂.
Last November I read Love & Gelato (read it if you have not already 😃)and I fell in love. I was a little concerned going in to Love & Luck simply because....y'all know where I'm coming from...it might not be as good as the first 😮.

Dare I say it? It might be better. I loved it. Welch has an incredible style to
✨ A ✨
May 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Anyone who hasn’t gotten hurt is either a liar or a robot...

This was not the cute-sy book I was expecting. This was a book about overcoming heartbreak. And it was exactly what I needed after having my soul crushed by King's Cage.

...you can’t outsmart heartache. It has nowhere to be, nothing to do. It will just stand there, buffing its nails, waiting until you’re ready.

I don't know why but I'm not usually a fan of books featuring road trips. But I really loved this one.

And although I def
Jillian Reynolds (Jillian Loves Books)
Oooooookay. I have some thoughts. I haven't written an in-depth review in a while. So please, bear with me, people. Stay tuned for special highlighted quotes at the end (because this book is full of 'em).

I liked this. Mainly because it gave me warm and fuzzies, without being overloaded with love. This book focused more on the love that accompanies family and friendship, and that's sorely lacking in YA these days. (Not every story needs a bad boy who become the obvious love interest, okay people?
Katie Gallagher
Mar 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Read this review and others on my blog!

Top o’ the mornin’ to ya and all that! In honor of St. Patrick’s Day, a couple weeks ago I went on a quest for some Irish-themed reads. The Call almost made the cut, but I couldn’t stomach taking on another series at the moment, so that’s how I ended up with Love & Luck!

If you’re in the mood for a quick, cute St. Patrick’s Day read, look no further! Love & Luck is an adorable read that will transport you to the Emerald Isle. Readers follow Addie, who is
Samantha (WLABB)
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Rating: 4.5 Stars

I didn't think Welch would be able to delight me in quite the same way she did with Love & Gelato, but she did! This book took me on a fantastic trip through Ireland, that was filled with friends, family, and fun.

Prior to their trip to Ireland, Addie and her favorite brother, Ian, had a falling out regarding her relationship with one of Ian's teammates. This relationship did not end well, and there was some fallout, which Ian believed required parental guidance. However, Addie w
beth ✨
Jul 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Rating - 4.75 stars!

This was just what I needed right now. It’s the perfect contemporary if you’re looking for something quick and easy to read.

I did prefer Love & Gelato but I did really, really enjoy this one aswell :)
Diana (booksinarmor)
3/25/18
Love and Luck is an easy quick read that will pull you out of a reading slump instantly.

I think what sets this book apart from any romance filled contemporary is the little excerpts from The guidebook lady, it enhanced the narrative style, as it kept me engrossed.

Addie was highly relatable, as she struggles emotionally and finding out who she is. It was lots of fun to read about a family relationship. It was adorable and fun to see the bickering. It was written splendidly and resembled
Lisa (Remarkablylisa)
Apr 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: april-2018
Come (2).png

MY RATING: 4/5 STARS

I received an ARC from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

This is my first Jenna Evans Welch book despite me having a copy of her famous novel, Love & Gelato that swept the nation and bookstagram feeds of all your friends. From my brief understanding of Jenna's books is that it usually involves A LOT of travel, summer adventures, and the possibility of romance. Now don't quote me but I think Love & Gelato includes more romance than Love & Luck.

For fans of Stephani
Sara (sarabara081)
May 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
You can find more of my reviews at Forever 17 Books.

3.5 stars!

Do you ever pick up a book because of the setting? There is something exciting about books with travel and road trips that always scream at me to read them but add in a location of Ireland and I’m sold! I came thisclose to a trip to Ireland a few years ago but had to turn it down, so it was fun to experience Ireland through the pages of Love & Luck!

The novel starts off as Addie is rolling down the hill, ‘aaaaas-youuuuu-wiiiiiish’ styl
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
3.5, rounding up

First of all, I love this cover. So simple, so cute.

I was pretty excited to read this book because I read Love & Gelato and fell in love with it. This one wasn't as good as Love & Gelato for me but I did enjoy a lot of it. This is a contemporary YA book, no romance really, just some family and friends working things out.

Road trip anyone? Through Ireland? Yes, please. But maybe with a touch less drama than Addie and Ian's. Real life issues face both Addie and Ian who are the bes
~Bellegirl91~
Jan 01, 2020 rated it liked it
New record haha. I manged to listen to this 8 hour audio on the LIBBY app in just a little over 6 hours!! So shocker. But to keep me going I was also doing a 2000 piece puzzle I got with some Christmas money and it was worth it.

Okay, onto the actual review. This was fun and interesting but I can also see why many who read
LOVE & GELATO much better and I do have to say I did like that one tons better though this was still good and had a great message to it that I really liked.

Overall I would
Madeline O'Rourke
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: library-reads
Love & Luck: oh boy, this was disappointing.

The first 100 pages or so were excrutiating (and that's like a solid third of the book). The characters were beyond annoying (particularly Ian). As someone who also has three siblings, the sibling interactions seemed ridiculous. Even when Ian and Addie's 'secrets' are revealed, none of it seems justified. He still seemed just as awful. (And on the topic of those secrets, they were so predictable, and I just didn't give a shit).

Also, I don't know if th
Danielle (Life of a Literary Nerd)
Super cute, super quick. Perfect book to listen to while doing errands. I obviously loved the focus on the strong sibling bond between Addie and Ian and how they both helped/supported each other on their journeys of heartbreak and passion respectively. The conflict was relatively weak because a lot of it happened off page and the story moved quickly and lack a certain depth that could have elevated the story, but I don't think that's what the story was aiming for, so as an enjoyable read about g ...more
The Candid Cover (Olivia & Lori)
I have always been drawn to road trip novels, especially international road trip novels, so I was very excited when I heard about the release of Love & Luck by Jenna Evans Welch. This is a unique story in which the main character uses a guide book to get over heartbreak, and I loved her transformation. I also adored the setting, and I would definitely recommend this book for the summer.

Full review on The Candid Cover
Emerald Sue
Sep 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
“Labels aren't big enough for people. And once you try to categorize someone, you stop looking for who they actually are.”
Alexandra ✨Reading By Starlight✨
After falling in love with Italy, Lina and Ren in Love & Gelato I knew there was no possible way that Love & Luck could measure up.

And yet, here we are.

Now that I’ve finished I want to do two things: I want to cry happy tears and I want to turn back to the start. I want to take this incredible journey with Addie, Ian and Rowan all over again.

Love & Luck is an emotional journey across the sweeping green countryside of Ireland. It’s the story of Addie and Ian; two siblings that have fallen out aft
Vicky Again
Apr 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 stars

I really enjoyed this one! There was a lot to love.

A while back, I picked up Welch's Love & Gelato and really enjoyed that one too. There was so much fun in it--I loved seeing Italy, I thought the romance was really adorable, and I loved the themes about dealing with grief.

Love & Luck definitely has a lot of similarities, but it's also its own category, which is honestly a good thing. I was almost hoping that it would be really similar to Love & Gelato, just in Ireland instead of Italy, b

• Save the Date
  • Maybe This Time
  • Always Never Yours
  • Listen to Your Heart
  • Stay Sweet
  • Starry Eyes
  • Serious Moonlight
  • 10 Blind Dates
  • Fame, Fate, and the First Kiss (Love, Life, and the List, #2)
  • Tweet Cute
  • Field Notes on Love
  • Royals (Royals, #1)
  • The Geography of Lost Things
  • Wanderlost
  • The Rest of the Story
  • If I'm Being Honest
  • Moment of Truth (Love, Life, and the List, #3)
  • I See London, I See France (I See London, I See France, #1)
Jenna Evans Welch was the kind of insatiable child reader who had no choice but to grow up to become a writer. She is the New York Times Bestselling author of LOVE & GELATO and the upcoming LOVE & LUCK. When she isn’t writing girl abroad stories, Jenna can be found chasing her children or making elaborate messes in the kitchen. She lives in Salt Lake City, Utah with her husband and two young child ...more

Love & Gelato (3 books)
  • Love & Gelato (Love & Gelato, #1)
  • Love & Olives (Love & Gelato, #3)