Start by marking “Goldie Vance Vol. 2” as Want to Read:
Goldie Vance Vol. 2

Goldie Vance Vol. 2

(Goldie Vance #5-8)

Nancy who? Goldie Vance is on the case! The adventures of the teen sleuth continue in this second volume of the hit comic book series.

The adventures of Goldie Vance, teen super sleuth, continue in the second volume of this hit comic adventure. Collects issues #5-8 of the series.

Sixteen-year-old Marigold “Goldie” Vance lives at a Florida resort with her dad, who manages the
Published May 9th 2017 by BOOM! Box

To ask other readers questions about Goldie Vance Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Goldie Vance Vol. 2

Start your review of Goldie Vance Vol. 2
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Sep 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: queer
Still mega cute. Still obsessed. YES.
Calista
This is Volume 2 of Goldie Vance. It is a quick and fun read made up of 4 issues. I need more of the modern day Nancy Drew. I find these stories joyous and fun. Goldie is super smart and sharp witted. She is brave and a great character to have. I hope she is read.

This issues revolves around a mystery with an astronaut. What's interesting is how they end up under water. You have to read it to figure out why. It's clever I thought. There is a mod 70s feel to this issue. There are mysteries to be
Skye Kilaen
May 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 0-graphic-novels
I don't understand why this series isn't getting more attention. Diverse, fun, perfect for kids and adolescents, enjoyable art. I read it myself as light entertainment! The Lumberjanes girl-power queer-power crowd should be all over this.
Alice-Elizabeth (marriedtobooks)
I'm really enjoying the 60s setting and mystery vibes from Goldie Vance! The mysteries encountered so far have been excitingly, thrilling with great illustrations. Again, perfect for fans of Nancy Drew. It was easy to read with action straight away, I'm a fan for sure!
David Schaafsma
May 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Updated tween Nancy Drew for the new century, though there's still a kind of Betty and Veronica innocence to it all. Goldie is a wannabe detective, and she gets the opportunity to hone her skills. This series will be popular with (especially) girls; it has fluffy, goofy effervescence to the story, characterization and art that is pretty appealing.

In this volume Goldie and her best friend Cheryl encounter a female astronaut with amnesia knocked out on the hotel's beach. Thus, the mystery that foc
avaa
Apr 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
LGBT+ comics are the backbone of society
Elise (TheBookishActress)
I was a little worried that after the magic of volume one, this volume would simply disappoint me. But don't worry; Goldie Vance volume two is just as cute and heartfelt. In fact, I think I may have enjoyed it more.

This one is marginally better than volume one in terms of having a coherent plot. While the plot of volume two is no more believable than that of volume one, I had issues with the odd pacing of volume one. This book, however, keeps a faster pace throughout without abrupt transitions.
Kate (GirlReading)
This series is such a joy and volume two was just as good (if not slightly better?) as the first! I’m loving these characters so much, the art style is gorgeous and the plots are easy to read, addictive and heaps of fun. I also officially want to take all and any future style advice from Dianne and borrow a little of Goldie’s gutsy attitude.
Nina
Nov 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
Really enjoyed this one. I can’t wait to read volume three!

instagram || my blog || twitter
Emma
Jan 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
This comic is still very cute. Ok sure, the plot is not very believable but it's nice to read and I love all the characters, who cares if the adventures they are involved in are a bit odd? Not me, that's for sure. Cheryl and Goldie are such good friends and I'm really happy with how this second volume ended.
Lata
Apr 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like this comic’s vibe: a mix of humour, mystery, and historical and location settings with a plucky heroine. There’s a certain energy, hopefulness, and enthusiasm to this series, as embodied by Goldie Vance, teen hotel parking valet and budding detective, that I really like. This episode concerns Goldie’s and Cheryl’s friendship, Cheryl’s dream of becoming an astronaut, and a young apparent astronaut who’s washed up on the hotel’s beach.
Goldie rushes here and there on the hunt for clues, and
Alice 🔮
Volume 1: ★★★★★
volume 2: ★★★★★

I never thought I could love a comic book series this much but here we are. Goldie Vance is such a joy to read. That being more because of the characters or the story it's impossible to say. An energetic and witty 16 year old trying to solve mysteries, with the help of her friends and girlfriend... How can you not love it? The sixties setting creates such a fun atmosphere and is perfect for the book. The focus on friendship as well as passion is what made this volum
Chad
Aug 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
A modern day Nancy Drew (still set in the 60's though). Perfect for tween girls and fans of Lumberjanes. This one also contains astronauts and deep sea divers. I dig the simplistic art and vibrant colors.
Chessa
Jun 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love this comic. Goldie is such a fantastic (and flawed) teen sleuth. My only quibble with this volume is not enough Diana. But I did like how this arc focused on her friendship with Cheryl, that we got to spend more time with her awesome mom, and I was actually glad we spent most of the time out of the hotel.
Devann
This was another cute volume for this series. I love the style and the characters but overall I think it might just be a bit TOO cute for me [I know I know, but it does happen occasionally]. I think it's probably a good book for younger teens but the whole setup and the plots are definitely pretty simplistic so it ends up just being okay for me.
anna (½ of readsrainbow)
rep: mixed-race Black sapphic mc, Black characters, sapphic li

vol 1: my plot is ridiculous & u won't beat that lever of joy!!
vol 2: hold my flower
Erica
So, this episode lets the reader know that we're in 1963.
I think I kind of hoped this was an alt-universe thing but it's not. It's 1963 Florida.

I wasn't nearly so charmed by this volume as I had been the first. The art is far more rushed-looking and not so expressive. Some of it was downright wonky.
And the story.
We've got this in our young adult section but it's totally suitable for 10- to 12-year-olds.

This installment has an astronaut washing up on shore but inside the suit is a teenage beauty
Diz
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novels
I felt that this was a lot weaker than the first volume. First of all, it seems that the art is not as good. There seem to be a lot of unpolished panels, so it feels like the art was rushed. Second, at the end of the first volume it was hinted that Goldie Vance would get involved in Cold War space race capers, but the story in this volume is on a much smaller scale, so it's a bit disappointing.
Molly
I still find Goldie Vance utterly charming, but the plot of this second volume just didn't hold my interest the same way the first one did.
Roz
Sep 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018, graphic-novel
Still entertaining, though I liked the first volume a bit better.
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
Sigh. This is 100% one of those "it's not you, it's me" things, because this graphic novel series is doing so many things right. Like the first volume, I loved the artwork, the diversity, and the adorable f/f romance featured... but again, like the first volume, the plotline lost me. While I was able to overlook it during Volume 1 thanks to the novelty of how freaking adorable this artwork and these characters are, sadly, it wasn't something I could move past in Volume 2. I think it's all just w ...more
Ness (Vynexa)
I liked this volume so much more than the first one!

I love Goldie and her friendships and her mom is a mermaid! well, not really but she does work as a mermaid for a club and it’s GREAT!

I cannot wait to read volume three!
K.
Trigger warnings: disappearance, violence.

This series is such a delight. The crimes and their investigations are fun. The characters are wonderful. The art is stunning. Do I wish each issue were slightly longer than it is? Yes, yes I do. But it's so sweet and adorable and oddly reminiscent of childhood that I don't mind.
shannon✨
Dec 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the story and the illustrations were again stunning! However, I didn't feel like it was outstanding and some events were slightly confusing.
Kirstine
God, I love this series so much.
Samantha
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I just want to give this series a big hug.
Sara
This is gunna be the new comic I pick up whenever I want something adorable and light! I love the art and the characters and I just want to see more of this universe.

ps. The views expressed in this review are my own and do not reflect the views of Indigo Books & Music Inc. or any of its subsidiaries. #IndigoEmployee
Josephine (biblioseph)
Aso very cute. Continues the drama and mysteries of the first one, but we didn't see the racer girl in this one I guess the friendship between Cher and Goldie was more important, and I think I agree.
sarah
this series is perfect
Grace's Books
Apr 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Goldie Vance is so incredibly ADORABLE! I love this comic series and will definitely be continuing it in the future! I totally suggest picking this one up!

• SLAM! Vol. 1
  • The Backstagers, Vol. 2: The Show Must Go On
  • The Avant-Guards, Vol. 2
  • The Backstagers, Vol. 1: Rebels Without Applause
  • Heavy Vinyl, Vol. 1: Riot on the Radio
  • Misfit City Vol. 1
  • SLAM!: The Next Jam
  • Jackalope Springs Eternal (Lumberjanes, Vol. 12)
  • Misfit City Vol. 2
  • Time After Crime (Lumberjanes, Vol. 11)
  • The Avant-Guards, Vol. 1
  • Stone Cold (Lumberjanes, Vol. 8)
  • Parents' Day (Lumberjanes, Vol. 10)
  • A Bird's-Eye View (Lumberjanes, Vol. 7)
  • Giant Days, Vol. 9 (Giant Days #9)
  • Giant Days, Vol. 8 (Giant Days, #8)
  • Giant Days, Vol. 10  (Giant Days #10)
  • On a Roll (Lumberjanes, Vol. 9)
Hope Larson is an American illustrator and comics artist. Hope Larson is the author of Salamander Dream, Gray Horses, Chiggers, and Mercury. She won a 2007 Eisner Award. She lives in Los Angeles, California.

Goldie Vance (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Goldie Vance #1 (Goldie Vance, #1)
  • Goldie Vance #2 (Goldie Vance, #2)
  • Goldie Vance #3 (Goldie Vance, #3)
  • Goldie Vance #4 (Goldie Vance, #4)
  • Goldie Vance #5 (Goldie Vance, #5)
  • Goldie Vance #6
  • Goldie Vance #7
  • Goldie Vance #8 (Goldie Vance, #8)
  • Goldie Vance #9 (Goldie Vance, #9)
  • Goldie Vance #10 (Goldie Vance, #10)