Start by marking “Over the Garden Wall Vol. 2” as Want to Read:
Over the Garden Wall Vol. 2

Over the Garden Wall Vol. 2

(Over the Garden Wall (Collection) #2)

Two lost brothers venture across a strange forest and discover incredible and bizarre things on their journey home in a style reminiscent of The Wind in the Willows and Sleepy Hollow.

Wirt and Greg find themselves at a crossroads in the Unknown and it looks like the brothers will each have to take his own path. With the liklihood they’ll come across fantastical creatures or
Published August 15th 2017 by KaBOOM!

To ask other readers questions about Over the Garden Wall Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Over the Garden Wall Vol. 2

Sierra
Feb 01, 2019 rated it liked it
A solid second volume.

This volume was split like the first; half of it being about the boys, the other half a short story about the Unknown. The first story was just a continuation from the first volume, Wirt and Greg are still out looking for the hero frog! Only this time the brothers are separated and trying to find each other again. I really liked the way the art changed when it was just Wirt and I feel like it reflects his character. Unfortunately, it wasn't as funny as the first half was.
Bridget
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
More of the same - adventures with Greg and Wirt, where Greg comes out no worse for the wear due to his positive way of seeing things and Wirt kind of getting the short stick of things. I liked the reintroduction of previous characters and the slight continuation of the overall mystery.
Irene Lazlo
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
El segundo volumen de las novelas gráficas de Over the Garden Wall me ha gustado más que el primero. Las ilustraciones son más otoñales y me gusta que hay escenas mucho más oscuras y "halloweenescas" que en el primer tomo.
Elisa The-Bookie-Monster
Aug 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
4/5 I love the continuation of the story in the first half, but the second half is a side story about the school they visit in the second (or third?) episode and it just seems meh to me.
Erica Robyn
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was ok
Even though I didn't love the first volume of this collection, I still decided to give Over the Garden Wall Vol. 2 a shot since I had already checked it out from the library.

My thoughts about this one are pretty similar to the first...

Hunt for Hero Frog- Greg/Wirt
This book picks up with the two boys in a tavern. Wirt says they had a rough night but Greg is all excited about it! We then see the story of the night told by Greg first, and it’s very bright and colorful. Then we see Wirt’s version w
Nannah
(4.5)

Oh, wow. I'm a little torn here. On one hand, the first half of this volume was so good (and frightening!), but on the other, I wasn't a huge fan of the second half, which was took a break from the main plot of finding the Hero Frog to just have fun with two short stories about Ms. Langtree's schoolhouse.

Book content warnings:
a really horrific scene (view spoiler)

So here we have a bedraggled Wirt and Greg sho
Kate
Oct 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Following the continued adventures of the wayward brothers questing for the "Hero Frog". Both recount meeting apparitions in totally different moods. We really see how Wirt is very melodramatic and overthinks himself, while Greg takes everything in a bright friendly way as a child. They become separated and find their own adventures on the way. The second half oddly returns to Miss Langtree's School of animal students and their lives. They gain a new elephantine exchange student and must rescue ...more
Tatiana Dengo
Aug 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sequentials
This volume of Over the Garden Wall contains three stories: the continuation of Greg's search for Hero Frog, and the last two are about the potatoes and molasses schoolhouse from the TV show.

Greg's story is very funny because it shows how he sees the world, versus how Wirt sees it.

The last two stories with the schoolhouse are so vintage-looking I felt like I was at my grandparent's house reading old children's books. Limbs seem to be made of jell-O, and colors are limited but bright, with blue
Dakota Morgan
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was ok
Now having read two volumes of Over the Garden Wall I realize that it's also a bizarre maybe-for-kids, maybe-for-adults TV series on Cartoon Network. That explains a lot. Like why the first story involves a pair of brothers having, basically, a tooth decay-related nightmare. That story is funny, though, even if it totally dark and weird. The second story, about an elephant who doesn't fit in at his new school, is fundamentally dull, even if I were a member of the six-year-old target audience. De ...more
Zaz
Jun 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: comic-books
The first part, dedicated to the boys, was nice. I enjoyed to discover the story through their very different points of view and with different art styles. We didn’t seem to come nearer to the hero frog, so maybe they’ll reach him in the last volume. The rest wasn’t my cup of tea, the story wasn’t exciting or fun and the art was more messy than pleasant to look at. I preferred the 2nd part of the 1st volume for sure.
Geppis Baltimore
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Those who loved the Cartoon Network mini series Over the Garden Wall will want to pick this up! I personally adored the original series and think this is a great addition to it. The comic series continues the story of Wirt and Greg but also gives us insight on the sode characters in the show as well. The characters are true to themselves and just as lovable as in the original series! ~Elisa
Selena
Apr 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Pretty much more of what I expect from Over the Garden Wall.

I have to say, though, that my favorite part was the children's book style stories that took place in the animal school. I was rather fond of these Beatrix Potter-inspired characters in the TV series, and so to get not one but two stories centering around them was a real treat.
Rebecka
Nov 09, 2018 rated it liked it
the first half was good, though maybe not as interesting as in vol one. but ugh the second part didn’t interest me at all. i would rather have seen a follow up story to the one in volume one, that actually sent out a good message to the reader. this story about miss langtree’s school was a miss for me.

but i will continue because i like the greg and wirt story and i love the art for that comic.
Connie
Jul 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics-i-ve-read
4/5 stars

This whole series is just so wholesome and easy to read. I'm loving the main story so much, and I enjoyed the smaller stories at the end of this, although I prefer the second story in the first volume more just because it felt more relevant and less like a filler as these ones did!
Sophia♡
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
En definitiva estos cómics son muy buenos para:
1. Si te gusto la serie y quieres ver nuevas aventuras de Greg y Wirt, o
2. si quieres pasar el rato con una historia entretenida y buenos personajes

Me gusto Bastante y por eso 4.5 de 5 estrellas

PD: Amo la portada!!!!

Maeghan D
I could have done without the chapters with the animal children with Ms. Langtree, because I prefer the darker storytelling in Over the Garden Wall in general, but this was an entertaining volume nonetheless.
Sep 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Looking for Hero Frog, Wirt and Greg get separated. That portion of the story was really interesting. And the beginning from each of their perspectives was fun.

The 2 bonus stories were ok. I liked the Pooree elephant one a bit better, it was cute. The last one on the raft was kind of boring.
Jessica Johnson
Nov 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a delightful start to my day. The first story showed the quest for Greg's 'hero frog' through Greg's adorably optimistic worldview and Wirt's lens of fear. It was a clever way to contrast brothers that are as different as potatoes and molasses. (Episode 3 reference, look it up!)
Katie
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: middle-grade
This was just weird. The first story involved the boys & their epic journey to find home (told from both viewpoints). The next stories were entirely unrelated and just a bit odd.
Faith Logan
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My favourite part of this story was revisiting the school teacher and her classroom full of animals! They welcome a new student, Pooree the Elephant, and much chaos ensues.
Jason Scott
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics-bad
first two chapters were quite good and I began to see why the show had a following, but the second half was a let down, just like the first volume.
Mmesoma Nwabuwa
Jun 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
It's as enjoyable as the first volume. Can't wait for the next volume
Jess (faeriearchive)
these graphic novels are still... SO bizzare, but... they are weirdly adorable? I don't know. I'll still continue on with them.
Jessica

• Les Apprentissages de Colette
  • Future Quest, Vol. 1
  • Heart in a Box
  • Womanthology: Heroic
  • Adventure Time: Bitter Sweets (Adventure Time OGN, #4)
  • Sky Doll: Aqua (Sky Doll, #2)
  • Hack//Another Birth, Volume 4: Quarantine

Show Creator of Over the Garden Wall who worked on Adventure Time. Illustrator Jim Campbell was the show story boarder for Over The Garden Wall.

Over the Garden Wall (Collection) (4 books)
  • Over The Garden Wall Vol. 1